Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shape of a Will

Caelag calmly lifted her hand off her chest, letting the blossoms stay as they were before giving her hand back over to [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]. She knew well enough the warmth on her chest was not from the room, and had felt her blood enough times to know she needed to finish. This time she would keep her hand still until it was finished, before she glanced over towards the instructor that came over. "I.. need this.. the sword on the table.. I need it imbued. I need it very specifically imbued. I need it to work in a very specific way to be the shape of my will."

She looked down at her legs as she continued. "And I cannot do it myself."

The instructor hummed a moment, looking between the two thoughtfully. Were they asking him to do it? He could easily do it if that was what they were asking but, it was something he would need to be certain of before doing so. The last thing that would help would be if he assumed, and as such he looked over at Aster again, speaking softly. "And I assume you are both asking me to do so in your stead?"

"Yes," Aster replied in an assertive tone. "I would greatly appreciate that and I'm sure the High Colonel would be as well."

Waiting for the teacher to speak again, the princess shot [member="Caelag Vass"] a reassuring smile even though she knew the miralukan would be unable to see it. "You've learned the basics, once you practice, I am sure you will be able to do it on your own," she said, reaching for Caelag's uninjured hand to squeeze it reassuringly. The memory of the woman's crying face still lingered in her mind.

"If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask," she glanced at the teacher. After making Caelag cry, Aster wanted to somehow make it up to the woman.

Caelag gave a soft sigh, and nodded as well. She returned the soft squeeze of her hand, before looking back towards the teacher. "Yes. Are you.. able to do that?"

The instructor hummed, and nodded, gingerly picking up the weapon. Its lattice was well made, he could sense that much looking it over. Yes he could do that, he simply needed to know what to do to it. Almost understanding what he would ask, Caelag spoke up before he had the chance to ask. "I... shape. Fire, earth, water, air, i need the sword to help me do that. Can you manage?" The Instructor hummed a bit, turning the sword over, before he looked at her and nodded.

"That I can do. It will take some time, if you are able to be patient." Caelag nodded, and the man excused himself, heading somewhere quiet to do his work.

"Aster... my hand please?" She nodded towards the one with lingering wounds.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

"Oh, yes!" Aster exclaimed, realizing [member="Caelag Vass"]' wound had not been fully healed yet. I need more practice.

Drawing a deep breath, Aster closed her eyes and reached for the woman's injured hand and wrapped her hands around it. Concentrating on the flow of the Force throughout her body, she focused on the current and directed it to her hand. Slowly inhaling and exhaling as the Force pooled in her hands, her hands warmed and glowed softly as they healed Caelag's wound.

"Ah," Aster loosened her hold on Caelag's hand. She felt tired and weak. "How is your hand?" she inquired, her voice was almost a whisper. Unaccustomed to using the Force, she had overexerted herself in her attempt. Please be fully healed, she thought as she waited to see the result of her efforts.

"Do be careful with yourself, I spent a lot of energy keeping you safe before." She gave a half hearted laugh, before she felt the wounds closing in her hand. She took it back, an closed it a few times in thought. "Yeah, yeah that feels right. It almost feels better than normal. Thank you, friend." She smiled lightly, and perhaps was a bit presumptuous in her words. She could certainly feel one of the wolfsglaive staring at her with some contempt. Ah well, Caelag liked this human, she was different than what she was used to.

The teacher meanwhile was working on the weapon, carefully melding the lattices of crystal and weapon together. He knew the principles of 'shaping', and began to put those into the weapon slowly as well, the blade starting to glow with the power being pushed into it. Unlike with Caelag, the weapon and crystal weren't shattering, but grew in brightness and could even be felt down the hall, a bit anyways. he certainly knew his craft, and worked diligently to keep things stable and make the weapon as Caelag had asked of him.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

"Noted," Aster smiled weakly. "But this is nothing. I'll probably sleep it off," she said and fought the her urge to sprawl out on the table and fall asleep. As Crown Princess of the Iron Empire she had an image to maintain.

"I'm glad to hear your hand is better," she smiled again. Friend. That six lettered word filled her with happiness and had made her lonely world a little brighter. She considers me a friend!

"Thank you," Aster whispered and closed her eyes. She was so very tired.

"Excuse me," Rourke said as he picked Aster up, cradling her gently in his arms. "I think it is about time the Princess retired to her room," he said and turned to leave with his charge who was now fast asleep. "Please have her handmaiden meet the Princess at her chambers," he said ordering the other Wolfsglaive.

Pausing just before the door, Rourke turned to [member="Caelag Vass"] and gave the woman a nod of thanks. He could tell that she had made Aster very happy by calling the teenager friend. Knowing that she would be unable to see his gesture, he hoped she was at least able to sense it.

Caelag hummed, what had she.. said? She returned the nod to Rourke, [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]'s guard. She was unsure what she had said but she could tell Aster was abnormally happy about it. Still, she could appreciate it, whatever she did, and slowly she let her thoughts drift from that to the weapon. Would it be right? Would it be what it needed to be? Time seemed to stretch for her, endlessly, until finally the instructor returned. He handed her the weapon, and she immediately felt the Force flowing in it. The process was complete, and as she held the blade up by her face it cast a soft yellow glow over her features.

And she smiled. Yes, yes this was perfect. She had been worried it would not.. feel right if she did not make it. But this felt more like the will of the Empire than just herself, in some respect. But it was undeniable what she held. The blade thrummed with energy, and as she focused on it, the hint of flame whisps gently began to coat the blade, before being withdrawn. Yes, she could never have done that before. This was her will, she knew it. She gave her teacher a bow of respect, of thanks, before wordlessly heading to retrieve the other half of her new, magnificent weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom