Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumors must be truth? (Daxton)

Grimm

Grimm had started his decent to the planet of Roon, where it was said that a temple resided. It was said that a strong master was there and was able to train others in the jedi arts. Of course it might not be true and this could be a trap. Where if he would get out, he would get rid of his current source of information. Either way, this was what he had chosen to do with his free time in between business. Slowly the ship had finally reached the planet, flying down towards the location of the would be temple.

He had parked his ship in front of the temple, wondering of what would unfold in his search for a person named Daxton Bane

@[member="Grimm"]

In the central training area, Daxton Bane stood shock still, his eyes covered with a thick purple satin like cloth, as he spun a practice lightsaber staff in his hands. Surrounding him were four students, circling warily as they sought an opening in the Master's defenses.

Without a word they attacked simultaneously, striking at both of his flanks and in an unusual high low combination. Yet despite not seeing his foes, Daxton blocked the first two strikes, before punching the third fighter in the nose and rolling out of the way of the last blade.

Before the one with the broken nose could recover, the Sith Lord grabbed him by the front of his tunic and threw him bodily over his shoulder into his companions.

"You hesitated, that is why you lost. In combat, you hesitate for a moment and you are defeated. You must embrace the flows, be one with the Force. Strike without thought, without remorse." He instructed them as an apprentice approached their new guest and politely bowed.

"Greetings stranger. How may the Order of Seekers be of service to you today? I am Judea Leon, apprentice to Wayfinder Daxton Bane."

Grimm

Grimm looked at the scene with a smile on his face. He knew that he could be the interesting fellow that he was looking for and looked towards the student.

" I am looking for @[member="Daxton Bane"] for Juyo style training " Grimm said instantly to the student.

@[member="Grimm"]

"The Master has just finished his session, may I ask you're name so that I can approach him with your request?" The student replied humbly as he bowed his head slightly while he waited for a response.

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm tried to think of what name to give him, really his real name was not a option. Maybe a different name from his merchant name? Of course that wouldn't sound cool at all, so he decided on a the simple task.

" My name is Grimm Dark " He said in a dark tone.

He wasn't really that known but the few that did would know of his special Services.

@[member="Grimm"]

The apprentice bowed and hurried over to where the Master was standing, towel in hand as he wiped the sweat from his ancient scarred face. For a moment, he glanced at the young man, and one would get the sensation that he was being weighed on an unseen scale.

Then with a flick of his wrist, he was indicated to approach. "Greetings young Dark. I have been told you wish to study under me on the arts of Juyo. Such an aggressive style for one such as yourself. For what possible need would you have for it?"

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm waited for his call over to there master, looking around the temple for something of interest. The time had passed by and when he looked towards the group. There master had mentioned for him to come over to them. Grimm only walked closer to him, until he could hear his words clearly.

He wanted to know his reason for learning the aggressive style, what could he say? It was then that he remembered of his mother memory, of what his father told him a long time ago. She was a jedi with a mastery in the Juyo style but of rank, he did not know at all.

" My mother knew the juyo style, maybe if I learned it. It could bring me closer to knowing her, because she died giving birth to me. " He said with a hint of sadness in his voice, but he knew better to let his emotions get the better of him.

@[member="Grimm"]

"Juyo is raw elementism, you have to open yourself to the Force. Embrace it, make love to it, strangle it with your bare hands, then caress it to sleep. It is not a style for much rumination or sentiment. Put up your sword and show me your stance." Walking a few paces away, Daxton waited his instructions to be followed.

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm was interested but the master was asking something of him. It was a really something he couldn't even do, so he had to use his best abilities to ensure success. A little white lie was the best he could muster at this moment in time.

" My sword got broken in my last voyage, beyond repair even...so maybe could you lend me one of yours? " Grimm asked cooly

It was the best that he got to speak with, but really he never had a light saber in his life. A knife sure but never one of those certain weapons.

@[member="Grimm"]

Daxton could sense the tones of an untruth even as they left the speakers mouth, but did not call him out for it. Instead he had one of his apprentices get a practice blade. "That would suffice for now. One of my blades would probably kill you just from holding it, much less using it."

To illustrate, he drew the hilt of one of his swords, and held it up for display. The handle was shiny and literally covered with hundreds of tiny hooks that could easily bury themselves in the flesh of their user.

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm took the practice blade and flipped it around like a knife. Instead of taking a regular sword stance, making it more useful to himself. Using the blade, his stance was his knees bend and ready to move around.

" Alright, this is my stance. "

Without warning, Daxton gave the strike command, "Attack." Before his opponent could even move, Daxton stepped into his guard and tapped his cheek with a gauntleted palm.

"Your first lesson, my apprentice is this. Never ever lower your guard. A strike can come from any direction, usually the one you least expect. By expecting attacks you nullify the threat because you anticipated it and know what to do."

Demonstrating what he just did, he began to instruct the young man.

@[member="Grimm"]

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm nodded his head to the way he instructed, it was the first step to learning. To watch was much better than to hear about it. Yet, there was a much better way to learn...it was from personal instruction. Doing it himself and ready his stance, looking around to think of who would attack him. His guard must always be up, so he would need to expect everything at some point.

" So what will you have me do? Practice defensive combat? "

He asked, being that Juyo was offensive...yet he welcomed the teaching. Sometimes the best defense is better than the offensive way of combat.

"Defensive combat is for Jedi and ewoks. I said to attack. Juyo is relies on touching the raw flows of the Force, and riding them. There is no time to think of personal safety, strike, strike, strike. Observe."

An apprentice stepped forward bowed to the Master and dropped into a strike pose, with a hiss her lightsaber activated, and she swung three times, two quick strikes to the torso and neck and one sinking the blade into the imaginary opponent's sternum.

"There is no time to worry about personal safety, you must close your mind to all distraction. Listen to the Force, Embrace your Emotions and let it flow out of you like water."

@[member="Grimm"]

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm nodded the man once more, the idea was to attack like it was the most important element in the world. So Grimm closed his eyes, showering away the words and the look on the master's face. Only thing that mattered was the fake opponent in front of him and started let his emotions flow through him. The idea was to attack, so that was what grimm did. He angled his blade closer to the ground, moving forward beore he came up with a forceful vertical slash. Then flipped the blade into a upright position, coming for a quick slash down to the side before retracting the blade back into it's regular position.

Despite the action, nothing could be learned so quickly. Grimm could feel that he was still missing something, looking over to his master. Wondering what he would say or do, but he knew never to let himself stray from his own defenses.

@[member="Grimm"]

"We have a long road ahead of us. First of all, we would need to bulk you up a little. You're too thin, fast enough maybe but your strikes would not be as effective. Starting today until I say otherwise you will have to wear Codelus." Referring to the Sith training gear that was attached to the neck, cuffs and anklets. when activated they created a magnetic field around the body which generates an extra amount of weight. Usually reserved for younger force adepts, it was clear that the Sith did not consider the new apprentice to be strong enough.

Using the Force, he summoned two piece of bright red fruit to his hand. The hard external rind would give anything but a sharp knife a hard task. Tossing one to the apprentice, he split his open by exerting pressure with just two fingers, to reveal the sweet white meat within.

"Secondly, you just telegraphed your attack the minute you bent low. Have you considered using a feint instead, and instead of continuing with a lit blade during your rising slash, you flick the blade off. That would throw your opponent off for a split second. All that it would take to reignite the face in his face."

"Your strikes are not flowing properly. Observe. Students attend."

At the command, all training ceased and small circle formed around the ring Daxton was standing in.

"You and you." The Sith pointed at two of his most gifted apprentices in this batch. "Attack."

Without a moment's hesitation, they lit their lightsabers and rushed the master. Striking high and low in a smooth flow as the third sought an opening from the flank. Even as they moved, Daxton moved as well, parrying both blades and launching a counter attack of his own in space of single eye blink.

"To master Juyo you must have no hesitation, no pause. That is where you made a mistake, you paused to think of your attack. Consider it like making wild love to wanton amazon. You must learn to master this. For now class dismissed. We shall continue the lesson after dinner."

@[member="Grimm"]

Grimm

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Grimm only sighed to himself as he nodded to the master. Yet, the whole idea of bulking up would need some getting use to. It was needed it seems, now the food was getting tossed around. He catch the strange fruit and watched the master open his with his fingers. So Grimm tried to do the same, but it didn't seem to budge. After a few seconds of trying...he had to smash it on his knee. It hurt but it still didn't crack at all.

" So are we really having dinner? Or is this Fruit it? "

Grimm really wanted to learn Juyo, so he would learn from his mistakes to grow stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom