Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ruins of Us All [Byss - OS - Open]

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7jkn8Xwck​

There is a spider in my dreams

Long and silent is her name
Cold as lightning is her smile
Final is her sting

Setzi docked her Mobquet Medium Transport near Ruins of Erudol Citadel. It was a substantial hike to the ruins, but the sights along the way were historical enough to warrant a little research and investigation. Herbs and plants were also plentiful on her path, and she stopped to take some samples, placing them in her pack. Pausing to drink from her canteen, she scanned the horizon for the ruins, and finally caught the jagged top of them, dark and foreboding jutting from behind a small ridge.

Finally there.

The reason for her journey to these ruins was to capture a specific kind of spider hatchling to take to the Temple of Pain on Fresia. She then planned to grow them in the laboratory and extract their poison either for experiments or weaponization.

She wasn’t scared of spiders, for the most part. Growing up on her parent’s farm on Aduba-3, one of her routine chores was sweeping out the barn and getting rid of all of the cobwebs. It was a miracle when she didn’t come out of the barn afterwards without a spider bite or two.

But with the sun quickly setting she needed to get inside the ruins. Who knew what was out here in the untamed wilds of Erudol? Something probably bigger than a hatchling that was for certain! At the entrance, she noticed signs of others. A glow rod lay on the ground discarded and most likely malfunctioning. A half-eaten piece of fruit. A wrapper of some sort. She listened and felt as though she could hear faint voices and murmuring?

Or was that just the wind?

As Setzi pushed open the creaky door to the entrance she noticed sconces mounted to the stone walls, creating pools of orange light that she could move through. Her shadow was impossibly long in front of her due to a trick of the light. She heard a faint dripping noise and a few knocks, which made her heart pound a little faster. You are here to get some hatchlings which can probably be found near the entrance, she rationalized, already not wanting to go much further into the ruins. But using her own glow rod, she noticed that the entrance was quite free of cobwebs most likely because it was a higher trafficked area.

Deeper it shall be, Setzi thought, walking down the main hallway and approaching a large chamber ahead.

[member="Eske"] [member="Animus Malgus"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Rose Lalonde"] [member="Atham'aali'kema"]

Vengeance watched as [member="Eske"] came down into view. He smirked slightly not at all bothered by the fact she was a giant spider whatever.

He turned to [member="Animus Malgus"] shaking his head.

"Not the best idea ever." "You got any idea how much of this stuff is flameable?" "Don't think out host would be to happy to have their home burned down."

Vengeance stepped closer to Eske with a smile.

"Well this is something you don't see every day." "How long have you been down here?" "I bet you know where all the best secrets are hidden." "Maybe even where the armory maybe." "Anything that survived this long may be worth having."

Red embers eyed the flare-up of the deathstick, it's pungent odor foul and offensive.

"That would be...most unwise..." the creature intoned to [member="Animus Malgus"] with no hint of delicacy, gaze shifting then back to [member="Vengeance"] as the man verbally concurred. Her mood visibly lightened at his next words and she spared the man a faint but fang-riddled grin.

"Would it be worth having?" she queried, "Perhaps. I have neither use nor need for any of it, though I am ...fond of the history it all represents. I would be willing to show you the many secrets of my home in return for something of equal value to me."

[member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Animus nodded as he wet his fingers and turned off the Death stick, it was rude to disobey his host, after all., this was her Home and Animus was a guest. Wiping the smoke from his area he raised his eyebrow asking "Equal value?" a challenge? a quest? ... Lunch?

"I am interested in what that may be, but your promise of Knowledge and wisdom is something" He looked at [member="Vengeance"] and smiled "I think we both will greatly appreciate" Animus said Grinning at [member="Eske"] waiting for the chance and mission she would give him.

Animus was enjoying this place now, surrounded by Ancient knowledge and secrets. Beautiful thing really.

Vengeance nodded to [member="Eske"] with a smile.

"Of course nothing is ever free." "Name your price and if it is in my power to grant I will consider it."

He turned to [member="Animus Malgus"] looking at him curious before turning back to Eske. As he did he walked around the room looking at the various volumes around the room seeing if anything struck his fancy. While a man of the sword he had recently picked up a few things that were outside the realm of physical skill. Still not wanting to give too much away from saber training he was very selective.

A broad, fang-filled grin that gleamed in the low flicker of the lantern-light was what she gave in return to the smile of [member="Vengeance"]

"Every tome and page of knowledge residing upon these shelves within these halls also resides within my mind. Many are of my own making, collectives of my life's great and many journeys across the stars. There is much for you to learn here but I know beyond these walls there exists a great deal more for me..."

"Knowledge for knowledge."

[member="Darth Mythos"]

"Tomes, Artefacts, Ancient Scriptures... That's my Job basically." Animus Smiled and nodded, there was little about ancient Historical stories his Archeological Sites could not give up, in fact he had a large Journal of Archaeological Sites he had visited and his take on what historical discoveries were accepted. Still however, it was no where near done. "When it comes to Korriban, there is little i can't dig up, in a few more months i may have a journal you may be interested in reading. Are you Familiar with the Legend of King Adas?" He spoke the question with doubt himself, was there anything in this place that could help him uncover some archeological site of King Adas? If so he was more than excited to see what they contained.
Hour upon Hours of Ancient Texts.... Heaven for an Archeologist of the area, perhaps there was something around the area worth excavating?
"I work as an Archaeologist in my spare time, i could bring you Information of all Dig Sites i visit first hand you if wish, or even conduct an operation at a place of your indication." His Smile and Gleaming eyes expected directions... to a near place where he could just Hook up and dig down, down... down..

@Eske @Vengeance

Vengeance nodded to [member="Eske"] with a smile.

"What knowledge is it you seek?" "If I can't impart it I will be glad to make introductions to someone who can."

He nodded.

"If it is something you wish to see or experience first hand I don't see any issue with arranging an extra seat on any traveling I do."

[member="Darth Mythos"]

"Adaaaasssss...." the name sounded along a drawn out hiss, clicking intensifying in thought, "yessss.....not here, though, below. Far below..."

Erudol's many levels formed a complex labyrinth of halls, stairways, and underground cooridores. Eske had made use of them all at one point or another and as she tipped a blackened finger to her lips her mind followed the memorized path that would lead down to the one tome that contained what [member="Darth Mythos"] sought. The Arachneri smiled, a sanguine expression pressing upwards into her eight beady red eyes, "archeology is of great interest to me. I would gladly trade for such things. And you..."

Attention turned to [member="Vengeance"] as she pondered his query, "All knowledge falls within the scope of interest. The Lusethem journals speak of a great Archive within the capital of Byss. Does this place stand and who," she pressed her presence closer to the Sith, "keeps the title of Archivist there?"

[[Just to tie this into another thread, you may tell her [member="Hal Terrano"] is the archivist and that would work out very nicely.]]

Animus' heart started pounding in his chest when she mentioned Adas with knowledge of him, his eyes widened like a man who experienced an Epiphany. "You know of Him?" His voice a faint whisper of excitement and shaking with uncontrollable emotions. was this it? The one who could point him in the right direction? All these years looking for something, Anything that would get him closer to Adas and now here he was, Next to one of the Few beings in the galaxy that had the Knowledge he sought. Without hesitation Animus pulled from his sack a Black bag and placed it over his hand letting the Bag drop.

"Do you recognize this?" He pulled from the small black bag a small figurine that would fit inside his fist. The figurine was uncovered in his trip to the tomb of Marka Ragnos however dating proved to be older than the tomb it was found in.... Much older. Tens of thousands of years older if the dating technology he used with carbon was not wrong. Made of Slab stone from many parts of Korriban the bag contained a few of the Figurines. The Figurines all seemed to have the same dates yet the Style and cuts they sported seemed to come from completely different cultures.. as if from a time when Korriban was divided...

"I found them in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos yet..." Mythos stammered, pinching his nose with two fingers trying to pace himself. "The Dating information i could gather is inconclusive... The stone cuts date back to Thousands of years before the Valley of the Dark lords was built but... That is impossible... right?" He was expecting [member="Eske"] to prove him wrong and to then explain why, yet he still thought he was not wrong, it was impossible... Remnants of the Empire of Adas was said to be wiped out by the most powerful force in the Galaxy... Time.

[member="Vengeance"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom