Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ronin Group

Memphis Mallix

Babies don't sleep better than this.
YeG0kGU.jpg
[SIZE=12pt]Out of Character[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Image Source: Aurigan Mercenaries Logo[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Development Thread: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Primary Source: N/A[/SIZE]

CORPORATION INFORMATION

[SIZE=12pt]Corporation Name: The Ronin Group[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Headquarters: Elshandruu Pica[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Locations: Elshandruu Pica Offices, Orto Plutonia Sub-Surface Base[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Operations: Ship Designing, Private Military Contracting[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Tier: Tier 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Ronin Group is primarily a private military contractor with operatives found employed across most of the known Galaxy, operating where traditional armies may not be wholly warranted or even allowed, an issue many powerful people would attest to. It is in this capacity that [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]the The[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Ronin Group prosper, having earned a reputation for extreme skill and professionalism mostly owing to their Mandalorian roots.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Training for new recruits takes place on Orto Plutonia where The Ronin Group have sequestered a fairly small subsurface military installation for their own private purposes. At one time having been an installation of the Clone Army from the Galactic Civil War, it was left to its own devices with the passing of time, and many of its systems were wholly gutted and replaced in anticipation of the central piece it would play in The Ronin Group’s grand schemes. Outfitted with a fairly robust armoury, the facility is perfect for new recruits with various additions having been made throughout the years for both live-fire and simulation training scenarios.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Meanwhile[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]the The[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Ronin Group maintains a very classy if not spartan office space within one of the many pleasure resorts on Elshandruu Pica, and it is here that Malice runs most of the operations. If not leading the vanguard of an attack, cruising through hyperspace en route to another fight, tinkering with various designs on his own personal ship, or drowning his memories in any Cantina anywhere, it is here that one will find him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Businesswise, The Ronin Group usually take on very specific and low-intensity contracts such as VIP protection and commercial security, as opposed to the much higher paying yet personnel intensive missions of much larger Mercenary organizations. They tend to favour a ‘credits are credits’ outlook when it comes to what contracts to take, but [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]still the business is overseen by Memphis- a man beholden to his once great morality- and as such[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] they frequently avoid dealing with mass-murdering sociopaths if possible. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shady contracts, like those offered by various Hutt Cartels, are usually taken under the table as to not draw attention to the great business as a whole. While this type of work is mostly relegated to [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]site or personnel security, The Ronin Group can sometimes be found participating in high stakes bounty hunting missions or wet work operations of the most unsavory[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] nature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Led by a small faction within the business that is wholly designed for these kinds of missions, their secrets are kept secure by maintaining an almost total removal from the regular company hierarchy. Instead, these operators are contacted prior to, or once jobs have been taken on, and are pulled from their daily lives to execute them. With this level of security behind [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]them[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] The Ronin Group are well insulated against threats against their company and the general tarnish that comes from such ill-begotten gains.[/SIZE]

RATIONALE

[SIZE=12pt]Formed following Memphis’ self-exile from his former Mandalorian Clan, the battle-hardened veteran founded the company as a means to further build glory and renown throughout the Galaxy, tempting his battle-tested Aliit to follow him for credits and honour. Using the ones he enticed away from Clan Vox, Malice formed what was at first a small and very remote training outpost out of the remnants of an old Clone Wars era base, where he trained his fiercely loyal militia and began to stage operations from. Taking contracts almost exclusively from VIP and Corporate entities, Malice [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]shys[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] away from greater conflict in order to keep his organization strong and his revenue in the black, a philosophy that has now allowed him the surplus credits to begin manufacturing his own personal projects on a more industrial level.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Subsidiaries: N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Parent Corporation: N/A[/SIZE]

Netherworld

[member="Memphis Mallix"]

Looks good, just a couple questions.
  1. Who's Malice? I assume it's a variant spelling of your character's last name Mallix, but asking to be sure.
  2. You wrote a bunch about the mercenary angle of the company, but basically nothing about the shipbuilding op. How does it factor in? Where do they build ships if they only have an underground military complex to their name?

Memphis Mallix

Babies don't sleep better than this.
[member="Netherworld"]

Malice is just Memphis' alias/callsign, and I'll edit it to detail more about the shipbuilding but I originally figured that the way it worked would have been that he (Memphis) basically just designs ships and has them contracted out for manufacturing by a factory someplace else. I looked to change the Tier to 2 when I realized that it wasn't quite like that, in order to add a factory/warehousing location, but found that I can't change the tag to Tier 2 so I left it alone. Would that be something that would make more sense from a business/financial standpoint as opposed to sourcing out the manufacturing?

Thanks for the quick review and I look forward to your response!

Netherworld

[member="Memphis Mallix"]

Yeah, upgrading to T2 and adding a shipbuilding location would work fine.
Or you could also just specialize in ship design and keep the original idea of outsourcing the manufacturing.

Your call, really. Let me know which way you decide to go and make the appropriate edits for it. :D
You should also be able to edit the topic tags if you go to Edit > Use Full Editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom