Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road to Dawn (Part III)

w2n9.jpg
The Gates of Castle Ne'tra - Residence of Isley Verd
The hour was well into the evening when the Mandalorian summoned his newest apprentice, Siqa, to the entrance of Castle Ne'tra. As promised, he would commence her training; and as such he would go about it in a way that he deemed fitting. To this end, the beskar-clad warrior had seen fit to muster a cadre of six worker droids, each nothing special in the slightest, to await his arrival at the gates of his towering estate. Though menacing in the moonlight, the renovated Sith Temple was the fitting location for a man of his caliber; and with each passing day, Castle Ne'tra was slowly, but surely, becoming home sweet home. Ever since arriving back from Utapau, with a new apprentice in tow, Isley had mulled over how to go about beginning the training of his newest student.

And then it hit him: they would learn together.

This would mark the second occasion that he had elected to open the Vault he had erected into his home in order to procure the Datacron containing the knowledge of King Adas. From this seemingly humble cube, he would extract another spell to add to his growing assortment of skills...and he would also share the knowledge of this same skill with his newest apprentice. Of the four he had vowed to instruct, Siqa was the only one uniquely suited for instruction in the art of Sith Magic, as she was a member of the original Sith species. T'was only fitting that the Mandalorian make usage of this advantage that she held in order to fully and adequately train her until there was nothing left for him to divulge. As such, Isley awaited her arrival to the main gate, with his hands folded across his chest in mock anticipation.

They would journey together into the woods, only a few hundred yards away from the citadel itself. There was a cavern that the Mandalorian had spotted during his early-morning run and decided to utilize it for the sole purpose of training in Sith Magic. After all, he needed a place outside of the citadel, so that, in the unlikely event that things went...wrong...his home would not be utterly decimated in the process.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Pureblood don't mean a thing to me anymore.
The place was eerie to say the least, but so far I didn't have that much trouble adapting to it. After all the Sith had dealt into a lot of dark and ancient things, not to mention that Sith training was a matter of learning to adapt to a situation. I still had a shudder now and then after getting the feeling of something looking over my shoulder. It didn't matter for now. Today I would finally start training, becoming a Templar Aspirant as they called in the in CIS. As I walked to the main gate to meet him, after dressing of course, I contemplated the fact that everyone had odd names for their force using individuals. Jedi, Sith, Templar, Spellweaver. Why not just say Force User or Magic User and keep it at that?

I found my new master waiting for me, I walking up and saying "Cheery night. Like it is every night around here." Looking around I was making sure no ghosts or were-banthas were roaming about. "So what's on the agenda today.....master?" I asked, trying to get used saying that word again.

@Isley Verd

After a few moments of silence, the patience of the Mandalorian was rewarded: for Siqa arrived. Her initial assessment of her surroundings was steeped in sarcasm, though Isley did not comment on it. Of course, this was due to the fact that he agreed with the true meaning behind the sarcastic statement entirely. The cave was the definition of doom, gloom, and screamed that it would appear on a horror flick. He turned to face the woman and held the datacron aloft, allowing its crimson form to meet her eyes. "Cheery indeed, let me tell ya." he said with a chuckle, before his serious tone took over. "The agenda for today shall consist of your first lesson. We will both be learning together, at the feet of the first Sith monarch: King Adas." He did not know if she knew the name of the Pureblood ruler to whom he referred, but did not inquire on that fact at all.

Instead, he stepped away from her and set the datacron upon the cave floor, activating it in the process. A single, orange strand of light emanated from the top of the device and then expanded spontaneously until a prestine projection of the ancient, Sith monarch stood before them. Though it was but a copy of the contents of the holocron, the datacron mimicked the gatekeeper of the device with perfection. So much so that the ancient monarch scowled upon registering two standing before him. "It seems that this era is full of those seeking to learn my ways and power. First a fearful whelp, and now the two of you..."

The Mandalorian inclined his head out of respect, but showed no fear. Why should he? That which was before him was a projection, nothing more, nothing less...and of a dead man.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

"THE King Adas?" I asked, knowing that name. Part of my upbringing was to know Sith history and the King himself was one that came up often enough in most respects. I watched Master Verd entered first before sighing, thinking it sort of iconic that I wanted to get away from the Sith and now, joining with the CIS, I had to learn Sith powers I would have learned had I stayed with them. At the very least It would be used or a better cause.

When we reached the "gatekeeper", as the projection seemed to be, I took a step back. I had not seen something like this, at least with King Adas' image. I had to admit it was a bit intimidating. Still I recovered myself and stood boldly. I saw Master @Isley Verd giving the image some respect, making me do so as well. Though I thought it a bit silly.

Before the projection came into view, the Mandalorian regarded his apprentice with a look once more. "Fret not, it's a datacron, not the real thing. I wouldn't promise you one thing and then sit you in front of that which you attempting to escape from." he said simply, before turning his attention back upon the device as the projection formed. Once Adas had manifested into view and said his piece, Isley stepped forward, utilizing tact and manners when addressing the monarch. This was due to the fact that it was programmed to mimick the holocron's content's exactly, and the real Adas would not simply dole out his teachings to some ungrateful, unsavory welps.

"Your majesty, it is an honor to see you." he said. "My name is Isley Verd, and this is my apprentice Siqa, we have come before you today in order to learn the ways of Magic. Will you teach us?"

There was a pause in response from the ancient monarch, as the datacron computed the appropriate response, and then the scowl of the Sith grew. A low growl rumbled in the rear of his throat, but he then regarded them with a silent nod, affirming that he would divulge his teachings unto them. "I shall teach you the very same that I imparted upon that noble-looking brat...You shall learn how to harness the powers of the Dark Side in order to form a Net: a spell known as Odojinya."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

"I'm not fretting." I whispered back in a friendly manner. "Just didn't know he was that ugly in real life is all." I looked back as Master Verd went on to discuss allowing the hologram to teach us in the ways of Sith magic. For a moment I expected the thing to say "Access denied" or anything else you expect a computer to do. When it finally said it would teach us the the spell called "Odojinya" I could only guess as to what would be involved in the end. Likely some form of putting raw emotions and concentration of the force into making it real. At least having Master Verd to aid me was a relieving thought.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Thankfully, the datacron was in the midst of processing a response to the Mandalorian's initial statement; otherwise it might very well have registered "access denied". Of course, Isley did not voice as much, for his attention was mainly focused upon the ancient monarch which stared back at them. When Adas opened his mouth to speak once more, Isley signalled for Siqa to pause her words whilst a description and instructions were doled out.

"Odojinya," he began, "as with all spells wrought from Sith Magic, utilize negativity and emotion as fuel. In order to even begin forming this spell, you must delve deep into your mind and essence in order to rouse the Darkness within you. The anger, the pain, the fear; all of it. Awaken the darkness within you and bring it to the forefront, allow it to saturate every fiber of your being, allow it to grow and spread through you. Then, and only then, will you be able to achieve Sith Sorcery."

"From this point, you must complete the incantation, which serves as a conductor and guide for the Darkness you have mustered, in addition to your Force energies. Your hand must move like so," the Sith then reared back his right hand and thrust it forward, open palm, "whilst reciting the spell itself: Odojinya. The result will be a lattice of energies, wrought from the Dark Side itself. A complete Odojinya, wrought by the hands of a Master, will bind its prey and cut off its connection to the Force; all the while draining its strength. It will wreak pain unimaginable, and once the prey's energy is completely consumed, it will constrict in order to rend through them entirely."

"Those who are...Upper 'Knights' should be able to create a similar effect, though a Master of any alignment would be able to break free of it. Apprentices will be able to form the lattice, but I sincerely doubt that it will do more than cause pain and restrain the target; and anything above an Apprentice will be able to break free." His dialogue was interrupted by the Mandaloian tapping his boot alongside the side of the device, thereby pausing it. He then sat, cross-legged, on the cave floor and turned his attention to his apprentice.

"Sit. Close your eyes and take some deep breaths. I will show you how to accomplish this first step."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Hearing everything explained about the spell made me begin to question just what to expect if I was able to get it down. While another part of me wondered what was in store after this one was mastered. The Sith had a wide range of powers, just as much as the Jedi in fact, making me wonder if they would be as forgiving should I use these powers to help not hinder. Then master @[member="Isley Verd"] told me to sit and take deep breaths.

I did so but not before leaning over and whispering "I know how to meditate, by the way." with a more friendly tone.

The Mandalorian could not help but chuckle as his apprentice informed him of her ability to meditate. "Very well then, meditate. Once you have entered that state when you are confident that you can cast the spell, let me know. Then we shall attempt to cast it together." With that said, Isley drew a large inhale and centered himself. His eyes lulled to a close from behind his visor and he opened himself to the ebb and flow of the Force. He then dove deep into himself, past the rush of memories and the ocean of instincts in order to unlock that deep, secluded part of his mind. Here, every last shread of anger, fear, hatred, and other negativity resided...and he threw open the doors to this wrathful place with not a second thought.

For the one seated beside him, what would originally feel like an ocean of calm would erupt with an aura of sheer malevolence, so pronounced that even the critters could sense it. They scurried from their hiding places behind the stones and attempted to flee...Isley was ready to attempt the spell, to say the very least.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I could feel it. I could feel what had felt like a a calming relaxastion turn into a raging storm of emotions. I began to breath harder as all the raw feeling in my head gean to swirl. If this was what it took to know the spell then so be it. I knew how to use it in the end and that was enough for me. I opened my eyes after Master Isley opened the doors, I letting go for a moment to see what he'd done. I could tell he'd done the same thing in terms of focusing on his negative emtoions. I looked to him, seeing he was ready.

"I'm ready." I said as I stood up and waited for him to lead the way.

@Darth Metus

Now that both Master and Apprentice were ready to make their attempts at casting the spell, they required adequate targets to practice upon. While live victims were not exactly in ample supply, there were plenty of inanimate objects that they could torment with their newfound might. To this end, the Mandalorian indicated a pair of rather sizeable boulders before them with but the pointing of his finger. "There. If done correctly, our spells should crush them with ease...On the count of three, we cast." He then inhaled a breath and steadied himself, retaining the focus he had amassed before initiating the count. "One. Two. Three." He then followed through with the incantation, thrusting his open palm forward before uttering the phase of ancient Sith.

"Odojinya!" he exclaimed.

The Dark Side of the Force responded immediately to his command, and conjured into existence a lattice of energy. In spontaneously manifested about the the boulder, surrounding it with several rings of black light, before constricting its form the moment Isley closed his fist. In response to this phenomenal constriction, the boulder began to shudder...then crack...then was completely decimated as the spell rent through its solid form with relative ease.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Seeing the targets I nodded before following his count. When he gave the THREE I said the same words as he did. "Odojinya!" It performed better than I thought, or maybe I did. In either case it had worked as well as Master Verd's did. Black rings forming and crushing the boulder as I hoped just as he finished his. I looked to Isley and said "Interesting spell. Could've used it for a few bounties I hunted. What next?"

@Darth Metus

The Mandalorian raised an eyebrow as his apprentice launched her spell, for, even though she was new the Sith Magic, she demonstrated...a natural talent. Folding his arms, Metus decided to give credit where it was due and showered upon her an exceptionally rare compliment. "That was excellent, Siqa. I'm impressed." He said, regarding her with a rather proud nod. From there, he strolled forward a few steps and reached down for the Datacron, turning it off and stowing it within his utility belt. "Now, I'd like to take a minute to talk; as we haven't had the opportunity to do so since...what, Utapau? It's been a constant blur of missions and Ginnie-field trips, so I wanted to get inside your head a little bit. Metaphorically speaking that is."

He paused, returning to her side and leaning his back against the wall. "So, I'll begin by giving you, my favored apprentice, a rare opportunity. This is something that not even @[member="Phoebe Draclau"] or @[member="Ginnie Verd"] have yet to be able to do. I will allow you to ask me any one question, whether it be about me personally or that which I know. And I vow to answer it wholly, truthfully, and to the best of my ability. In exchange, I get to ask a single question about your past. Do we have an agreement?"

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I shrugged when he said how well a job I did while saying "Guess it just comes to me naturally." implying on my Pureblood heritage. After all my people were the ones to start the dark magics of the Sith so of course something like this could be done. But then he made me the offer of asking him any question I wanted and well, if felt really odd. I didn't really know where he was going with this but at the same time he would be asking me something as well. A decent compromise I guessed and yet there were so many questions I could've asked him. But I think I had the right one set in my head. "Why me? Why am I the one you're finding so much favor for? Why am I different from the rest?"

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian was quite surprised when it came to the question that his apprentice had chosen to ask. Out of all the inquiries in the Galaxy, he would have never guessed it would have been something along these lines. Nonetheless, Isley smiled from behind his helmet and stayed true to his word, answered with complete and total honesty. "That's simple, Siqa. When I look at you, I see myself staring back in a multitude of regards. I was once just as lost as you were, running away from numerous things that sought to control and shape my destiny. I did not have a Mentor to help me sift through the confusion and grow strong without losing myself; I had to do that entirely on my own. I have chosen to favor you because you are just like I am: full of potential, strength...and also on the run. That said, I have dedicated myself to being that which I never had to you, a Mentor to help bring out all the greatness inside you."

"Honestly, I could see you becoming one of the next great Masters within the Templar Order someday, being totally honest...Is that answer satisfactory?"

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Wow. I wasn't ready for that. In a way that had answered more than one question for me. I was also meaning to ask about Master Verd himself and yet he basically told me what I needed to know. I was also surprised at how he and I were more alike than I thought. It made me rethink a lot of moments with him and with the others in his family. I had to admit it really made me rethink my little appreciation of him on a more larger scale. "Yeah.....that's enough for me." I said. "So...what do you want to know about me, master?"

@[member="Darth Metus"]

"I want to know your favorite color." Said the Mandalorian without missing a beat. He was rather serious in his tone of voice whilst uttering this inquiry as well. The reason for not formulating some deep, penetrating question that would open the flood gates to her history was simply because he had a hunch...and that hunch said that she would share what she was willing to, when she was ready. With that said, Isley reached out and placed a hand upon her shoulder and regarded her with a solid nod. "You've done well here tonight, better than I had expected. You do me proud as your Master. Someday, you'll sit upon the Grand Council alongside me, for you have that potential brimming within you. That said, I say we call it a day and resume your training on the morrow. There is still very much for you to learn; and I have just the plan to make sure you learn it."

"After your lesson in lightsaber training, we shall set about constructing your lightsaber."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I couldn't belive that was his question at first. But hearing him say it like he did made me think otherwise and, well, since he asked after he explained everything to me I guess I just as well should answer. "Um....black I guess." After that he told me how well I did and, well, I wasn't much for getting that kind of praise but it was nice to know he thought that way about me. Though a part of me thought I might have had an unfair advantage given my pureblood abilites. In any case I walked with him when he mentioned getting a lightsaber when I said "But I already have one." I even held it up to show him.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Upon seeing the lightsaber, the Mandalorian nodded and said. "The truth of the matter is, constructing a lightsaber is more than adding an additional weapon to your arsenal. It symbolizes the formation of a bond between Master and Apprentice; and it's something I've been looking forward to doing with you. That is, of course, if you'd oblige me." With that said, he motioned for her to follow and began striding, heading outside of the cave. He then began walking down the path towards Castle Ne'tra. To say the least, his words were the definition of true; he did desire to share this rite of passage with his apprentice, for it was one of the few things he had gotten to do with his former Mentor prior to the famous Coup.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

"I think I get it then." I said, seeing what he meant. I put my current saber back while walking with @[member="Darth Metus"] back to his home, or rather his home I was staying at as well. Whatever the case I was just glad one trial was down while there were still others to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom