Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road of Good Intentions is paved in...

Naboo
Chateau de Amaya

Naboo004214.jpg

Cogs were turning. The galaxy was spinning in a manner that I'd never thought would. Then again, I've seen my fair share of defining moments within the galaxy, and this took the proverbial Teta cake.

Thoughts provoked the golden orbs of the Lady Protector into narrowing slits as she befell her gaze upon the vast serene lake before her. She stood upon the velmstone balcony on the third floor of the chateau from which the upcoming meeting would commence with the Grand Marshal of the Confederacy of Independant Systems. She wore her hair in an artful half up display, tendrils of crimson softly falling down to graze the fabric of her white shirt. Her attire was simple, businesslike as always, with a dark pencil skirt reaching just past her knees.

Comfort and environment was the main thought behind choosing Naboo as the venue for furthering talks with the Confederacy, hoping the scenery would sooth nerves, more her's than anything else. It wasn't for the upcoming meeting, no, what would be done will be done and what would happen would happen. She'd lived long enough to know that empires rise and fall.

But that was a story for another time. For now, she awaited the envoy for the Grand Marshal.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] @[member="Genesis Rostu"]

Despite the fact that the initial dialogue between the two nations was the definition of...tense, awkward, and shaky, the end result was an agreement of neutrality between the Omega Protectorate and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In light of the attainment of this agreement with its larger, famous neighbor, the Confederacy was then able to initiate peaceful expansion and minor sums of contact with the denizens of the Protectorate; however, this resulted in a number of misconceptions to arise on the part of the Confederacy's average civilian. Lack of contact equated to lack of knowledge, which naturally evolved to a state where rumors became as concrete as fact for the average joe.

As such, at the behest of the Lady Protector, the Grand Marshal of the Confederacy agreed to meet on the planet Naboo in order to put an end to the misconceptions and discuss the future relationship between the two nations. This was, quite literally, the first time that the clone had decided not to wear his typical armor of white to a political encounter. However, in the spirit of making an excellent first impression, he opted to don his finest suit of dress blues. Long, confident strides bore him through the halls of the Chateau, and the sound of his polished shoes meeting the marble floor sounded his arrival to the one who stood upon the balcony.

"Good afternoon, Lady Protector, how are you today?" came his warm greeting, coupled with an equally warm smile.

@[member="Cira"], @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"].

Rostu had requested he attend here. After all, he was an ambassador, being nice and hospitable to visiting dignitaries--even ones with tense histories at best--was all part of the business of diplomacy. He walked, adjusting his robes before entering the chamber. Simple green silk and basic pants, plus a pair of nice, shiny boots. All cleaned to a polish, but not above a common man's pay grade. He walked over to the two of them, smiling. "Grand Marshal," he said with a calm salute. "Lady Protector," he said warmly. "Welcome to Naboo. I hope your day has been pleasant thus far. My name is Vorhi Alestrani, and I'm our diplomatic liaison. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said, smiling affably. He wasn't kidding. After all, Naboo wasn't a place he visited often.

Today was a complicated one. He was collaborating with delegates from the Omega Protectorate--A large, powerful nation, with undeniably potent military assets. He knew he could not tread clumsily over this. At least, not yet. He might need to make a gaffe to save them all. Still he enjoyed getting to do diplomatic work. The weather was nice, and most of these planets were pretty.

@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] @[member="Genesis Rostu"] @[member="Cira"]

A little late, and a bit flustered because of it, Exarch Tegaea Alcori entered the room. She was wearing a grey business suit, though of course she had a small hold-out blaster concealed at her side. This was nothing personal. Since the Naboo incident she had sworn never to be without a weapon in such a situation. Of course, she happened to be with Cira who was a powerful (if disguised) Force user so it probably wasn't necessary. Still, she had it secured out of sight.

"Gentlemen, Lady Protector, my apologies. I am Exarch Tegaea Alcori. I'm very pleased to invite you to Naboo today." She sat to Cira's right and waited for her boss to begin proceedings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom