Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The road less travelled (Kiara)

After a rather eventful visit to Naboo, Aria was tired and eager to return to the Voss Temple. Her head was in her clouds the whole flight back - unfortunately, the clouds did not stretch to hyperspace, which was where her head really should be at that precise moment. She pressed the wrong button at the wrong time, then another, then another, until suddenly the ship was out of fuel and she was spiralling downwards and out of hyperspace. She heard loud noises, crashes and thuds, and suddenly there was silence and she was stuck under a damaged ship.

Cursing under her breath, Aria hauled herself out and took a look at her surroundings. She was on Dagobah, a planet she'd never felt cause to visit . One look at the swamp told made her think, and with good reason. Still, she was stuck here now - a quick glance at her ship told her it would be a while before she'd be able to leave - so she might as well get comfortable.

[member="Kiara"]

As most meetings on Dagobah happened, a crashed ship was almost necessary. It was hard to navigate through the thick fog, the giant creatures that loomed out, and the trees that twisted and curved terrible motions. Kiara was no stranger to the motions. She glanced in one of several screens that lined her wall, staring directly to the crashed area.
If all else failed, and no one survived, at least she'd have a new ship to add her massive hidden collection. With a smirk, she went back to work on a droid to give the stranger time to find her hut, if she managed to get that far.
[member="Aria Vale"]

Sighing, Aria dusted herself off and began to explore. Dagobah couldn't be that bad, she reasoned, although the distinct lack of human presence on the swamp-covered planet wasn't helping her maintain that confidence. Several times, she waded into swamps that were hidden under plants, so by the time she finally stumbled across a small hut, her robes were drenched and covered in gunk and her spirits were somewhat low. She knocked twice and held her breath.

[member="Kiara"]

It had been a long, long time since Kiara had memorized every little step around her hut. She knew where all the little traps of nature were, and which trees were going to die soon. She had to admit, that wasn't just human. It was the Force, as well, telling her, connecting with her, seeing for her.
When the knocks echoed against the door, she didn't even bother getting up. It was expected. "Come in," Her grumbly voice sounded from inside the machine littered home. "I've been expecting you." She finished, again without turning, with soft clanks of metal being pounded in firmly covering the loud nature of Dagobah behind them.
[member="Aria Vale"]

Cautiously, Aria turned the handle and entered to see a small, apparently human figure in a filthy blue robe. Supposedly she had been expecting Aria. Interesting.

Aria cleared her throat, unsure how to begin. "Um, hello. Could you help me fix my ship?"

[member="Kiara"]

There was silence, followed by a scoff. She saw that ship. She knew it was probably a lost cause. If anything, she should just wait for the next traveler to drop by and hitch her a ride. "No. That thing would cost me my whole living to repair." She commented with hints of disgust. "You can fix it though. If you know how."
[member="Aria Vale"]

"I know how to fix ships, but I don't have any equipment with me." Suddenly a thought came to her - she'd been searching for over an hour on the planet before finding the hut. 'That thing' was way out of sight. "Wait. How did you know that?"

[member="Kiara"]

"Because I know people like you always wonder up to me when everything else is lost for your pitying eyes. You don't know how to survive, so you look for others to help." Just basic stuff.
[member="Aria Vale"]

Aria was affronted. "I know perfectly well how to survive, thanks. And don't say what 'people like me' do or don't do." She usually tried to keep her temper in check, but she also usually wasn't insulted so directly.

[member="Kiara"]

"Then leave." She said with a firm tone, flipping her robed form to stare at the stranger with an icy glare of hatred burning inside of her. "If you're so confident, then leave my home and turn your back."
[member="Aria Vale"]

"Apparently you haven't met many hermits! We are travelers of the worlds, ones who seek only the proper companionship!" Kiara spat her words, then grumbled loudly.
[member="Aria Vale"]

"And I suppose that's why you're holed up in a swamp planet watching travelers from a screen." Aria was cross by now, and she very rarely got cross. It would be best not to mention this once she returned to Voss.

[member="Kiara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom