Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Resol'nare: Ba'jur (MU)

jeremy-fenske-link-foresttemple.jpg

The Resol'nare was something Eliz hadn't truly had the time to learn. With his father just learning how to be a Mandalorian himself, the most he was taught was how to fight, and the basis of what it meant to be a Mandalorian, in the Chiss's eyes. But this was not the Way, not at least in the way his late mother would have known it to be. He wasn't alone in this. After the destruction of Mandalore and the near genocide of it's people it wasn't a surprise that there were some who still wanted and needed to learn. His twin sister, Esmeralda Krayt Esmeralda Krayt , was one he knew for sure. They'd grown up together, and while she wasn't as strong, she still was family.

He stood in a clearing, hands behind his head as he lazily looked around. The others should be here soon, but why'd they have to come by so early. The teenager frowned, his gaze falling to his twin. "We coulda been late and it'd of been fine. That was sleep I coulda had." Sleep that was unneeded. He was the one who got up first, far too excited with the prospect of not only learning more about the Resol'nare, but also eventually taking the Verd'goten and becoming an adult among his people. He'd never been so excited for something in his life! And what's better today was such a nice day! The forest was alight with birds singing in the distance. The suns rays lighting up the ground between the swaying leaves of the trees.

"I hope they get here soon."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla ; Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak ; Ata Ata ; Jan Kryze

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak | Jan Kryze | Ata Ata | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae |

∗Dling∗ The sound of a mandalorian Ehn'briik, A rare form of guitar, Echoes faintly through the clearing, It's source initially invisible to the naked eye, But the sound was most definitely from with the clearing itself, Somewhere near the center in most likely.
The source was in fact Aloy Vizsla, Who was using her cloaking device to remain invisible while she meditated over the music, Absorbed in her own little world of thought and memory while she played.

She had come here to assist in the teaching of a new generation of mandalorians, Be they born into the creed or taken in as foundlings from other worlds. It was an honor to undertake such a task, Almost like a Jedi master training younglings, Or so she was told. Unlike the Jedi however, Aloy was, Like all of her kind, Just a woman, One with very human weaknesses. Doubt plagued her mind, Questions such as "Am I worthy?" "Wouldn't someone else be more suited to this task?" "What if I do something wrong?" The very same questions that plagued her as commander of the Nite Owls even. But, Through this newfound form of meditation, She had calmed her mind enough to focus on the task at hand, And finish her song in time to begin teaching the generation to be better mandalorians than she ever could.

The music slowly fades to a stop, And then her form begins to blink into existence. Like a glitching hologram, Her translucent figure appears first, The distorted image sitting cross legged on a ruined column in the center of the clearing. Then, After a few more distortions, Her figure suddenly becomes visible; A redheaded woman in her mid twenties, Clad in freshly forged and silvery beskar armor, With a Nite Owls style helmet sitting next to her, Marked with white accents, Shark-like teeth as if she'd painted it like a Republic Starfighter, And a single handprint on the dome, Denoting her status as the previous right-hand of her order.
After all these details however, The most notable was the cybernetic right leg she had, Painted blue like her previous armor, And tipped in three avian claws which were latched onto the column's corner for support.

With her new task about to begin however, Her avian leg releases it's clawed clutch as she sets the guitar down and stands, Leaping down to the grassy floor beneath her with a weighty thud, Her avian leg absorbing most of the impact with it's shock absorbers as she lands, Still carrying her helmet beneath one arm as she approaches the group of young mandalorians around the clearing.

"It's almost time."

xq1EAHk.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
Rebekka Brek Madak had been sitting on the head of a large fallen-over stone statue, and meditating on the music. Hovering in midair was a vibro-saber, and with visible 'heat-waves' coming off of it. Until now, the sword had been bent. S/he was wearing her scavengd roof tiles slat-armor, but had left the old Y-wing helmet behind, as its repair would take alot more time and effort. If s/he was lucky, she would eventually be able to earn a Mandalorian helmet, and a Culture and People to go with it.

Deep in thought, Madak reflected inwardly on how similar to Mandalorians her life in the coruscant underlevels had made her. Working with Mandalorians in the past had proved .... Tangibly Enticing, especially to one such as Brek, who has a good heart and sought to live by honour, but was without a home culture between the ears. Doubts also tugged at Rebekka, especially if s/he was worthy of becoming Mandalorian, and if s/he could become (more) female.

The stark silence of there being no more music, heralded that it was time to begin.

Grasping the hovering sword, she checked the straightness, the sharpness, and then juggled it in midair to check the balance and weight of it. Catching it by the handle, Brek then slid it back into its scabbard, and stood from the ruined statue. "So, it is Time." s/he quietly whispered to nobody in particular, and hopped down to join the rest of them. Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

So far, Brek only saw two younglings. "Greetings." s/he simply said. Brek hoped that she didn't startle them too badly. Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Jan Kryze

J
Jan was never one for the outdoors. The lack of civilization and exchange of simple concrete slabs jutting out to the sky for green fauna was most unusual. She had to been to more deserted places before, hell Tatooine was a clear cut case of that but Denon and it's cityscape was what she knew best, and it was the only place she ever saw her Father get comfortable with. Faint memories of before had him seem like he was constantly on edge. Not that it mattered anymore.

She wasn't entirely sure what she had signed up for with doing this. Was she even truly fit to be a Mandalorian? Or was she just thrusted into it by dumb luck? That question lay in her mind as she dangled upside from a tree branch on the edge of the clearing, it was always one of her favorite things to do to kill time on Denon, even if the tree was usually a lamp post or railing instead. Jan swung idly with a gentle momentum that was easing her deeper and deeper into relaxation. To think she had just wanted to get to Mandalore to learn more about her dad, and that she had found River in doing so.

Her mind seemed to focus on that for a bit, as the gentle song had begun to reach her ears, with her eyes shut she couldn't tell if it was real or just her imagination, either way it served as a perfect soundtrack for her thoughts right now. Thinking about that woman warmed her heart, having helped her with her armor, taken in her and giving her a place to stay, and even a sister apparently... That last thing still something Jan couldn't quite comprehend but it was nice, and with that there was just one thing she could fixate on.

At least do it for River

The song ended, with it came the sudden thunk of an impact coming from the Clearing. Jan snaps from her near sleep and finds her body jerks in reaction. She loses her balance and starts to fall from the tree, quickly she rotates and just barely manages to land on the her own two feet. She stumbles a bit before walking towards the clearing trying to act like she had totally meant to do cool flip landing. Approaching the group she sees a pair of teens and someone clad in scavenged armor, and doing so she sees Aloy. Already a small blush hides underneath her helmet recalling how... enthusiastic she was to meet her last time. This was going to be an interesting.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak Ata Ata

"Woah! Watch out little guy." Ata said as his foot plunged into a stream, soaking his boots and part of his black pants. The teen took a second as he watch the fish swim by. The way its colors shimmered in the sun astonished Ata. "Dont know why you shimmer bud, but it's pretty cool." He continued with a smile. He was interrupted by the echo of music, then a loud crash from somewhere closer to the clearing; it was then realization hit him. "Aw Chit!" Ata nearly yelled as he jumped out of the river and began to jog toward the meeting place.

'Should be coming up on it now.' Ata thought to himself made his way to the rendezvous. Soon enough the teen would make it into the clearing, shaking out the water that still clung to the cuffs of his pants and in his boots.

'Maybe stepping in the river wasn't such a good idea. Oh well.'

Ata made his way to the group he was supposed to meet, his facial expression not giving away anything he was thinking. As soon as he saw them he'd slow his jog down. First noticing Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla as she jumped off a pillar and landed with a loud thump. He would notice her prosthetic leg and gaze at it for a second longer than needed.

Ata would then gaze upon the rest of the group. His attention then turned to the younger boy Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt who he would offer a nod to. As soon as he did, the voice of Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak would reach his ears. Ata would offer another nod.

The boy would turn his attention to the next newcomer: Jan Kryze who he'd let out a small chuckle, breaking his stern gaze. His chuckle then grew to laugher as he gasped for air. "Wait did you trip over a rock on your way here?" He asked referring to the loud sound he heard as he was exiting the brush. "Pretty lame if you ask me friend." Ata said with a smile that looked all to odd on the boy.

When the laughing finally stopped the teen would crouch down and wring his pants, getting the last bit of water out.

"Anyway with that aside, I'm Ata. Sorry for being late. But fish like to swim." He said sincerely with a shrug of his shoulders.

Last edited:

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Jan Kryze | Ata Ata | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak |

One by one these young mandalorians entered the clearing and made themselves known. Each were met with the Vizsla's pale blue gaze as her face took a neutral expression, Only the barest hint of curiosity visible as she studied each upon arrival, Like a bird of prey standing vigilant over it's nest. First was Eliz, Likely an Eldorai boy or something similar, A face she didn't recognize but was happy to train all the same. Then
Rebekka, Who she recognized as her target turned ally from coruscant, Met on the wrong side of a bounty like many of her previous companions. The thought of training force sensitive beings such as herself was a little off putting for someone with views such as Aloy's, But she said she would teach this new generation and she meant it. Not to mention it was the least she could do to repay Rebekka for her aid that day.

Next came a blur of red on the edge of the clearing as Jan dropped down from her perch to come join the group that was forming. Aloy recognized her immediately, As her armor was iconic, As was the signature red hair that their adoptive mother must have come to enjoy, Why else would she be collecting redheaded foundlings these days? There'd be an army soon enough. More than that however, Jan possessed a youthful and adventurous personality that led to stunts just like this. In a way, Jan reminded Aloy of her younger self.

Not long after, Ata, A new face she didn't recognize, Came sprinting into the clearing with his soggy boots, Kneeling down to adjust his pant leg which had the creek had lapped at previously, Eliciting a slight chuckle from her.

Stepping forward, She gives one last bow of her head to the group as she finishes looking over them all and takes a deeper breath in preparation for the long conversation ahead.

"Su'cuy gar. I am Aloy Vizsla, Alor to House Vizsla of Roon, And commander of the Nite Owls. I was born on Concordia and fought in the liberation of Mandalore. I was once the last of my line. But through our creed, I have become part of a larger family. Not of blood, But of oath. Loyalty. I am Mandalorian, As you will be one day."

She pauses for a moment, Letting those words sink in, Letting them all ponder on this prospect for a time before she took a less serious note.

"Apparently someone up top thinks this makes me qualified to teach young folk like yourself. So, For now, You're stuck with me." She chuckles.

"It is my duty today to teach you what it means to be a Mandalorian, And how to become one yourself. Simply put, A Mandalorian is someone who adheres to the Resol'nare, Or 'Six Actions' when translated into basic. It is a code, A creed that binds our entire culture together as one great family. As Mandalorians, Regardless of race or place of origin."

"The Resol'nare was once taught to children through a rhyme in mando'a, Which we will be repeating throughout your training until you have it memorized, And can recite when prompted. The Rhyme is;

Ba'jur, Beskar'gam,
Ara'nov, Aliit,
Mando'a bal Mand'alor-
An vencuyan mhi."

She recites the the Resol'nare slowly, Her concordian accent on full display for all to hear, Her language sounds as ancient as the sands of tatooine or the ruins of Korriban as she roll's her Rs heavily, And produced guttural noises in her throat. This language was as old as the Sith and Jedi, Older than the cities of coruscant that had been there since anyone could remember.

"That was Mando'a, Our ancient tongue that you will come to learn over time. A language designed at it's very core to be easily spoken by any race, No matter how they vocalize. A testament to the diverse people you will join. All are welcome if only they have the fire in their heart and the will to become one of us."

"What I said to you all in Mando'a, Was a rhyme taught to me in a group just like this when I was child. It means

Education, Armor,
Self-defense, Clan,
Our language, Our leader-
All help us survive.
"

"These tenants are what makes a mandalorian, And nothing else. Today will encompass the first Tenant: Education. Ba'jur. Be that
a brief history lesson, A discussion of Clan Society, Or the Cin'vhetin, I will let you choose which we delve into first."

"Before this however, I would like each of you to tell us your names, And perhaps a little about yourself. You are all brothers and sisters now. It's best we all get used to it"
She throws a glance to Jan in particular before looking back to the rest of the group, Flicking some of her red hair out of the way "Afterwards, You will vote as part of this family, And we will continue."

xq1EAHk.png

And soon they certainly arrived. Elize watched some of them in wonder. The ones with armor. It was always so impressive! Mandalorian armor. Er. Beskad. Right? He wasn't as good with Mando'a as he'd like to be, but he was learning! Well, actually, that was the whole point of this. His gaze fell to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla as she began to speak, and he was completely enraptured. She new so much! And she was pretty cool.

It was the armor. Definitely the armor. And the leg.

He found a spot to sit in the clearing, crossing his legs and listening happily. His father spoke of the Resol'nare, but yeah, he didn't know as much as he should. It's why he came here to learn more. "Oh, uh. I'm Elize. From clan Krayt. My father is Jac'leru'rizzem. Er. Cleru." Right, use the core name around non Chiss. "Uh.. Sup. I guess."

Ata Ata Jan Kryze Esmeralda Krayt Esmeralda Krayt Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
The younglings were difficult to track on Panatha, a deep jungle excursion to claim them from their... nebulous origins. But! Grandmother’s prerogative and both boys still have their ears although a bit more red after I pulled them all the way here.

“Tscht! Why even, Momi? He-hey! Ow! Let go!” Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera might be taller than I am at well over six feet, but he’s also a week over thirteen and it’s far and away beyond the time. He stumbles beside me, my hand aloft in the air to hold his ear while his twin brother Girak Cadera Girak Cadera holds both his and his twin’s helmets. Silent as all get out, that boy. I stomp them toward the grove where Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla is yammering off in Mando’a. Been married to Adenn Kyramud Adenn Kyramud long enough to recognize the tongue, even if the boys and I’ve been speaking in Epicant.

“Your Mama might be ashes on th’wind, so if that means Adenn and I are the ones to shove you into the stuff Yash died for so. Be. It.” I give Magnus a firm shove toward the group of fellow teens, watch how the armourweave and matte black plate sits on his yet-to-fill-in youthful muscles. My grandbaby... I’d shed a tear if I didn’t feel a frustrated apathy about tracking the boys down.

“Do not force my hand.” Magnus shrugs away from me, a growl on his chest as his raven-black hair and emerald eyes scan the tiny crowd. Size it up as cold and dour as his father before him. And maybe that’s why I took the trouble. Maybe the best way to avenge Yash is to shove her sons backward, back to decisions she made as a child when I was dead and gone. Besides, the look on a certain dour-faced someone at his sons playing hookie would be worth my evisceration afterward.

“Oooh noooooooo.” I roll my red and black eyes, jump to slap him upside his head. “What’re you gonna do, Kill me? Like nothing’s ever done that before. Now git your bony backside into that circle of chil’un’s and play along like the somewhat Mandalorian-born kids you are, or so help me I will personally allow Adenn to take you on a mission, which is his idea of crazy.”

One last shove at the widening of the kid’s eyes, and I smack my hands together.

“You next. Let me have it.” I hang back, waiting for Girak’s fight against this impromptu indoctrination. Instead, Girak leans down, kisses my cheek and gives the faintest of smiles.

“All wisdom is worth investigating, Grandmama. I will tend Magnus. You tend to yourself, before the cost is paid. Love you.” Girak set his helm on its belt hook and turned to walk away. Would’ve been better if he’d kicked and screamed.

I shudder and shake my head, as Girak puts his hand on Magnus’s shoulder and leads him to the back of the circle. Both boys in their light armour, imposing and grave, more grave than kids their age should be, and it’s the fault of the Mandalorians.

So at least they can understand what the cost entailed. I start walking away as the children are introducing themselves.

“I am Magnus Ra and he Girak Kaine. Clan Cadera is ours, we are here to listen and be done.”

“Magnus.” Yasha’s more sensitive son set his hand on his brother’s shoulder. “Apologies, Alor Vizsla. Ba’buir Aditya told us none of where we were being brought, and Magi is... grumpy.” His accent is thick from Panatha, as far removed from Mandalorian space than he’ll be comfortable with in a good five minutes. He shoves Magnus down to sit sprawled with elbows on his knees, and stays beside him in the back.

I run away faster than I’d care admit. The boys are Vizsla’s problem now. Hah! Maybe I should feel bad... but I don’t.

Esmeralda Krayt Esmeralda Krayt Ata Ata Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Jan Kryze Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak
(Switching to Magnus/Girak Cadera from now on)

Rebekka Brek Madak

As the Cadera trio rather more or less barged in with two too-tall teens and a full canister of drama, Madak gave the really tall white haired and dark-eyed older lady, the most lifted-eyebrow suspicious side-eye ever, but saying nothing. Once she walked away, Madak spoke "I am Rebekka Brek Madak, of Coruscant .... So far." Hir accent was a clipped sort of Underlevels cockney-brogue.

"Given the .... Understandable lack of knowledge that most have here, i would think that a history lesson or a society outline would be in order." Madak suggested, and fiddled with a loose platelet of metal hanging from her slats-armor.

Last edited:

Jan Kryze

J
Jan already being flustered couldn't help but find her attention drawn towards Ata Ata as he started laughing at her. A mixture of confusion and anger building up in her as she wondered how he got that idea. Still she could feel her fist wanting to tighten, an old instinct from those karking schools in Denon where some rich spoiled karkhole would begin to pick on her. Still Aloy was here and so she would have to keep herself in check. So instead she resigned herself to a grumbled comment.

"If I did trip over a rock, we would've met already." Jan said in a curt half whisper. She atleast could get some joy in seeing Ata's soaked pants, understanding that he would have to likely suffer through the day with wet soaks. Even if his comment after that was just plain weird. Though she wouldn't have to focus too much on that peculiarity as the talk began.

Jan was expecting a boring history lesson, after all that was all teaching was to her for most of her life: boring lessons told by equally bored people that hated their lives. Yet when Aloy spoke she felt a pressure in her chest, one that forced her head to cock towards Aloy and kept it squared straight on the cyberlegged Mando. There was even a small smirk forming underneath her helmet at Aloy's little bit of humor.

Listening in she had rapt attention as her mind began to work on a little puzzle piece that was always there even if it was dormant. How her Father fit into all of this? Jan didn't even know her Father was one until she found him... Passing... The damn bastard didn't tell her a thing about any of this. Never while growing up had she even seen him wear those helmets or don a single piece of Beskar'gam (River made sure to hammer that word into her brain atleast) only seeing it when she found him... It was just confusing to her. She felt clueless. Though there was one thing that stuck to her. When Aloy spoke the rhyme in Mando'a.

It was the sound and accent to it. She heard it before, remembering how she could always tell all the many times dad was mad at her by the sound of his voice alone. His faux imperial accent dropping to that guttural tone and inflection, a part of her now oddly recalling some of the strange words he hurled at her during those times. They always tripped her up. She practically knew every swear, hell she could swear at someone in Jawa, but she could never tell what he meant... and that always hurt for some reason.

Mando'a She wanted to learn this now. She had to know it all. Why was all of this kept from her?!

Her thoughts were slammed to a halt though when Aloy mentioned introductions and she felt that look pierce right through her. She had mostly kept quiet about herself, and now the sudden implied spot light caused her to freeze. Thankfully others seemed to begin before her, Eliz who was just nervous, then there was an explosion of drama that dumped two other people briefly distracting Jan. Then Rebekka went afterwards. Coruscant huh? That made her curious actually. The little things she heard about that planet made it sound just as much of a gilded chitshow as Denon. Then she felt the spotlight turn to her.

"Uh, I'm Jan... Kryze..." She had to pause to make sure she had her clan name right. The name Kryze still feeling foreign and alien to her. "... Formely Tracyn, I spent most of my life on Denon. My father Tirr Tracyn was a Mandalorian. He had kept that from me though, I only found out when I... I..." She couldn't say it, she couldn't get the words watched him die out. "...Last saw him. So I smuggled myself on a ship going to Mandalore, and got adopted, and now I'm here I guess." She said feeling like a million eyes were on her hoping that the attention would shift away from her.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Esmeralda Krayt Esmeralda Krayt Ata Ata Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera

"If I did trip over a rock, we would've met already." Jan Kryze said: a bit softer than the teen would've liked. Ata was about to respond when another voice cut through the clearing. It was that of a very tall kid. Two of them at that. He would be too focused on their height to remember their names fully.

Soon enough Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla spoke up. Explaining who she was, and introducing a new language to the teen. As he looked around, he'd see recognition on some of his companions' faces. Aloy would continue to explain that today they'd learn about one of the tenants that the Mandalorians follow: Education, or Banjul

"Well chit..."
A barely audible whisper would leave Ata's mouth. The teacher finished with having the group introduce themselves to eachother. The first to speak was Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt who seemed to have found a nice spot on the ground and introduced himself, and talked about his dad, who's name was pretty much un-pronounceable.

Next would be Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak , who fiddled with hir armor as they spoke. They suggested that the group lean about history or a social outline to start seeing as most of the group were uneducated. This earned a slight glare from the teen.

Lastly Jan spoke, explaining that she was from Denon and her father was a Mandolorian. She had snuck on a ship going to Mandalore and she got adopted. When she fell silent Ata would let a sigh out.

He would look around the group as he considered what to say.

"Well as I said earlier, I'm Ata. Just Ata. Not a rock. As some would believe." Ata would shoot a glare to Jan. "There isn't much for me to say other than. Well met everyone."

OH. and as for the lesson. I agree with Brek."

Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera

DDcbYop.png

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, Had notif trouble)

Tag: Ata Ata | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak | Jan Kryze | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera | Girak Cadera Girak Cadera |

Well, So far so good. The young ones introduced themselves, A couple had even discussed the topic they'd like to learn like she asked and someone had even dragged a couple new ones in. Good.

"Well, I only heard two votes. I guess we'll be starting with a basic history lesson."

"Our culture began thousands of years ago on Coruscant, In an age where forest and hills still dominated it's landscape. A time that no living being could possibly remember. During this time, There lived an ancient race, Known as the Taung."
She presses a clips her helm to her belt and then activates her bracer, Producing a holo image of one such Ancient Taung.

"The Taung battled a race of humans known as
Zhell for supremacy. During this war that lasted for hundreds of years, A volcano erupted with such intensity, That it blocked out the sun itself from Coruscant's sky... It is for this reason that the first name the Taung gave themselves was "Dha Werda Verda" or "Shadow Warriors" in what we now know as Mando'a, Like I spoke to you earlier."
"Our Intrepid Shadow Warriors were defeated however, Forced offworld by the Zhell. And so, They traveled to the planet
Roon in the outer rim, Where my home has been built with House Vizsla, And where the Taung would remain for a thousand years, Until one day, One warrior rose above them. His name was Mandalore."
She let's that word hang in the air, As if to emphasize that little plot twist for those unfamiliar with their history. Nothing like telling stories to the children. Or... Mid teens in this case?

"It was Mandalore who first led the Taung to a planet that would come to share his name. This Planet. Our planet, From which he launched a crusade to conquer the planet and slay the legendary
Mythosaurs that once dominated it, After which he was renamed "Mandalore the First", And the mythosaur skull became our symbol. It is from his name that call our leaders, The "Mand'alor" or "Sole Leader", Each of which have taken up the same mantle as Mandalore the first"

"Over time, The taung began expanding throughout the galaxy in wars that would last through the early centuries of our history, Eventually absorbing other races into their culture, Binding their solar empire through this common culture. No matter the Species, Gender or Sexuality, All were treated equal among the Taung and what became known as "The Mandalorians", Even their own language had been changed to accomodate All species with ease, No matter their dialect or form of communication. And slowly but surely, They became the greatest warrior culture ever to live."

"Eventually, Though means even I don't know, The galaxy had taken the last of the Taung from us. Despite their extinction however, Their culture lives in us. As the songs say, "The ash of the Taung beats strong in the Mandalorians' heart." And though we have had civil wars since, Even genocides similar to the Sith Purge, That ash still beats strong today. In mine, In Mand'alor's, And in You."

xq1EAHk.png

Eliz was completely enthralled with the history Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla brought to life. In his mind he could see the Taung in their glorious battles with both Mythosaurs and these Zhell. It was that child wonderment and desire that had him leaned forward where he sat, blue eyes wide as his excitement grew. These Taung sounded so cool! He hoped to one day meet some! That hope was quickly dashed, however, as the knowledge that such beings were no longer in the galaxy was passed on.

At once he deflated, a soured frown spreading across his features. Though, there was a question that came to mind. "What does it take to become Manda'lore?"

Ata Ata | Jan Kryze | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak | Aditya Fitz Kierke Aditya Fitz Kierke

“Mand’alor is a position never taken lightly, and once thrust upon the shoulders of one the Mando’ade choose, they are no longer themselves but belong to the Mandalorians. For all the different sects and histories and traditions, all of whom pull in myriad directions until no step taken is purely right, but a series of pugilistic greys. Brave in battle, but discerning in those diplomatic wisdoms which end wars before the first slug flies.” Girak’s Epicant accent lilted in Basic, and after he spoke in the Basic tongue, he repeated verbatim in clipped Mando’a. “To be Mand’alor is to be both leader and servant. To lower ones personal ambitions and allow the Clans to speak. It makes one a vessel of others’ desires, the spear point of every battle, the bearer of others’ weight and it is utterly the most stupid thing anyone in the known universe should aspire to be.

Any who wish to be Mand’alor should never be given the Mantle. And those who take my dead mother’s position ought to watch how her family suffered so she could serve.”
Emerald eyes were keen, as Girak bowed to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and gave a proper salute. “Pardon my outburst, honourable Alor Vizsla… we have seen no Mandalorians since the day Australis took our mother from us on Sundari… Mand’alor the Infernal was twelve years old, when she first took position in the Mandalorian Empire… a bit much to live up to.”

On the grass beside his brother, Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera couldn’t meet the eyes of the other teens for love nor credit chit. He picked at the grass, let it fall through his fingers and for one moment even turned away to rub his nose with the back of his hand. Eyes rimmed red.

“Nobody cares, Gigi. Sit down. Any who seek glory should. Don’t diminish his dream.” Magnus whispered, eyes flickered across the group of teens, their nephew Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt who no longer carried his mother Beth’s Clan Cadera at his centre. Jan Kryze, who fought with her heritage like others fought with grief. Ata Ata and Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak who wanted more knowledge of the histories.

“They’re not dead, you know… The Taung. Their teachings live on in the Nihil Retreat… mother found them. It’s where she got her spear.” Girak sat beside his brother and put his arms around his knees.

Rebekka Brek Madak

Rebekka was kind of mesmerised at the holo-history lesson, and was kinda proud that s/he came from Coruscant, the origin planet of the Taung and the Zhell.

She watched and listened to them banter about the position and title of 'Mand'alor' and the cost of the crown, as it were. She didn't know why, but the Cadera kids kind of creeped her out. She tried not to hold it against them, but she still got a bad feeling nonetheless. Brek stared at them some, and would be watching those two .... and their .... mother ? grandmother ?

For now, S/he would focus on hir goal; Becoming Mandalorian. Tearing herself away from staring at the dark-eyed brothers, Brek piped up with a question "What of our history with, The Jedi ?" It was a pertinent question, because perhaps unknown to others here (aside from Aloy), Brek had the Blessing of Force sensitivity and capability, raw as it still was. She would need to know what sort of reputations would be in play, if s/he showed up at a Jedi temple, head to toe in Mandalorian Armor.

Last edited:
Ata would slowly begin to sit down on the grass as Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla began to launch into the history of their people. Ata would share Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt 's wonder and attentively listened as she spoke. As Aloy finished her story, Eliz would ask a question that Ata was wondering as well.

What it took to be Mand'alor.

His thoughts on the matter didn't last long though, soon enough Girak Cadera Girak Cadera spoke up. Ata couldn't tell if it was out of anger or pain, perhaps both. Nevertheless he listened to what the boy had to say. And for a moment Ata found himself intrigued. One park stuck out at him the most.

"...it is utterly the most stupid thing anyone in the known universe should aspire to be.

Any who wish to be Mand’alor should never be given the Mantle. And those who take my dead mother’s position ought to watch how her family suffered so she could serve.”

Ata would raise an eyebrow at those words. He'd continue to gaze at the twins as Girak apologized to Aloy for the outburst. It was Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak who chose to break the brief but tense silence. They asked about Jedi. Ata took the time to move from a seated position to laying flat on his back staring up at the sky.

Ata would smile as he spoke up.

"Dont worry" he'd say to Girak "You'll find a way to rise to any challenge. People have a way of doing that in tough situations." Ata would say with an odd toothy grin as he watched clouds pass

He would clear his throat as he spoke again.

"Oh and I'd like to know why there are civil wars between Mandalorians if we all share the same culture and are equals." He would turn his gaze from the sky to Aloy.

DDcbYop.png

Tag: Girak Cadera Girak Cadera | Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Jan Kryze | Ata Ata | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak |

For the first time in ten years, Aloy's world began slowly crashing in on itself as she was met with something she hadn't spoken of since she left home. Mand'alor the Infernal. Mandalorian Civil War. It was these two things that ultimately made her who she is, And who she was forced to be until very recently.

But more so than that, This discussion had answered questions she'd carried with her all this time. Answers that scared her, And left her wanting to know more.

"Twelve?" She said softly, Staring at Girak with wide blue eyes that looked as if they'd just seen a ghost. Or many. She couldn't believe that a child had been made mand'alor. She wasn't even old enough to have passed her ver'goten.

But to make matters worse, This meant that when House Vizsla split from her and her father purged- Murdered Vizsla supporters in her clan, That he wasn't acting on orders. He chose this. He spilt his own family's blood, For nothing.

Why am I hear? She thought as the world kept crashing around her. For all the tough merc talk and all the beskar she wore, She was still that fragile girl that ran away from home during the war. She had no business teaching children to cope with the hardships of the culture that had ruined her...

And then it all came flooding back. The sounds of the stream, The children asking their questions and talking among themselves, The birds, The wind, Everything. So much noise!
So much noise.

She had turned her back to the students, Feigning deep thought in an effort to hide her emotions. Not that it mattered, The force sensitive ones like Rebekka could probably feel the anger, Sorrow and fear radiating from her like toxins radiated from the sith mines on mandalore...

Eventually it became so overwhelming that she slipped her helmet back on, Giving her a shield between her emotions and the prying eyes of the outside world. A safe place. The only place she had ever been allowed to feel safe, Even as a child.

<"That's enough...">
She sighs into her vocal modulator before turning around to meet their gaze with nothing but the same cold and empty black visor they would one day come to know each other by.

<"Cadera is right... The title of Mand'alor is cursed. It ruins the lives of everyone involved. It destroys people. Worlds. Families. It is the ultimate sacrifice of oneself to the people. It is not a decision to be taken lightly.">

Clenching her fist so hard it audibly strained the leather, She prepared to answer the next questions, First turning to address Ata Ata

<"And we are... A brash people. Vengeful. Unforgiving. Eager. Proud. And... Uncompromising. There is only one rule among our people, And that is to follow the Resol'nare. With such a basic creed, Our opinions are as diverse as we are as a people. Getting mandalorians to agree on anything is like pulling teeth from a sarlacc. It's painful. And it's pointless...

Many clans and houses have been feuding since long before the gulag plague. Many more however, Have been loyal to one another. As we should be...

Ata, You asked
why we suffer from infighting..."> She swallows as a her her chest begins to feel hollow, Like the words about to leave her mouth we the last she'd ever speak, And that a part of her was leaving her lungs with them.

<"It is because many forget the most important rule among our people. The sixth action. Aliit. Family! Some turn on their brothers and sisters. sons and daughters... And even more forget that our people Are all. Family. I've seen what happens when our people forget that. I've seen families burnt in the courtyard. I've seen brothers tear one another to pieces in melee. I've seen a husband murder his wife in cold blood. And the Daughter~">

<"~She... s-she took her flamecaster and she... she killed him.">

I killed him.

She blinks a few times beneath the helmet, Her head slowly dropping until she realized that she was staring at grass. She couldn't bear to look at them...

She turns around slowly, Beginning to march back to the stone column and waving the children off.

<"I'll speak of the Jedi soon... For now, I think we need a break"> She needed a break. She had needed a break since she was 15. Since the massacre.

xq1EAHk.png

Jan Kryze

J
Bringing up her Father had made her go quiet, she hated doing it every time. It was her own little personal thing to deal with, honestly a part of wish she could just let it stop pecking back into her head. Have another night of normal sleep, a moment where the same few minutes of her life kept reeling her in head again and again. She was lucky the helmet hid all of that.

Still the history lesson was a distraction, a much needed one. Listened and pictured stories of great battles in her mind, truimphs defeats, all the stuff she would do on Denon to distract herself during class, but now integrating itself with the history lesson. Though this lesson wasn't enough for her, as she realized the mammoth ocean of heritage that had eluded her. She couldn't help but take off her helmet as she held it in her hands and stared into the T-visor. It held a gravitas to her now. Though she wondered as well if this, all of this would ever truly apply to her. Yet, the ashes still beat strong... There was something there in that phrase that spoke to her even if it was hard to find why.

There was then a discussion about being Mand'alor. She had admittedly tuned herself out of that and had resorted to playing with her hair. She didn't really care to be honest. It's not like she would ever be able to become one. The only thing she could agree on was wanting to talk about Jedi with Brek.

What did get her attention was hearing Aloy's voice. She... kinda knew the tone. She lifted her head and now had her eyes focused on the Mandalorian. Seeing her freeze and then go to put her helmet on. Jan didn't have the Force to tell her, she knew in a way. That closed off tone of the vocabulator now replacing Aloy's voice. She could just feel herself deflate a little. She listened on and found herself hanging on one thing. Aliit. Family.

It caused her to stir a little bit now, hard to describe in a way, she felt herself suddenly become very, very hollow. Except, it didn't feel like something cast upon her, it was like a sudden whirlwind, a revelation. A frustration as she couldn't understand what that fully meant and in doing so it only revealed that it felt foreign to her. Was this what it was like to realize you were missing something you never had?

Aloy called for a break and Jan felt herself a little at a loss for what to do. conflicted if she should go to Aloy's side or not. Maybe now would be weird... She didn't know. She just wanted to not feel like this right now... So she made her way to the nearest tree and began to climb it. Working her way to the top. She needed a distraction and maybe she wanted to play look out as well.

Ata Ata Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Girak Cadera Girak Cadera Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Twelve? That seemed.. Wrong. Very wrong. She wouldn't even have had a chance to take her Verd'goten. What Eliz got from all this wasn't that the position was cursed, but that the honor behind it had warped. For a group of warriors to choose to give a literal child their highest position, well. It didn't sit right with the young boy. If anything it made him more determined to one day take the title for himself and change how their people saw it.

Then again, he was just a kid with a dream.

He let out a sigh as he slumped where he was sitting and laid back on the ground. Hands behind his head as he stared up at the sky. The break being called had probably been for the best. He didn't want to get into an argument. Especially with people who were supposed to be his family. His gaze flicked over to Girak Cadera Girak Cadera and his brother. Uncles. Barely older than him.

Eliz let out another sigh as he closed his eyes. Yeah. He'd change things.

Ata Ata | Rebekka Brek Madak Rebekka Brek Madak | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Jan Kryze

Rebekka Brek Madak

Rebekka watched as Aloy turned around as if to think, and then felt as the mood changed, the Rage, the yawning sorrow, the stark Fear. S/he watched as Aloy donned the helmet once again, and spoke. Madak drank in the cautionary tale of family and civil war. Well, Uncivil War, as the case usually is.

Brek recognised abit more of herself in Aloy .... Not only did they have That Element in common, but it seems that they both also defaulted to indefinitely side-lining their pains. Looking at the Cadera twins, and then at Jan Kryze, Rebekka wondered if it was a flaw or a feature that Mandalorians tended to collect Foundlings of broken people, people with one too many demons and regrets in their heads. People who were very possibly a door-prize grab-bag away from insanity, like 'Mad Brek Madak', as s/he was known as, in some circles.

It seemed to Brek, that the only well-adjusted ones in this group, was Ata, Eliz, and his sister.

<"I'll speak of the Jedi soon .... For now, I think we need a break"> Aloy said, waving a hand about.

Rebekka could feel that Aloy needed a break. S/he turned about and stood between the gaggle of teens, and Aloy, to stand guard and run interference for the other Mando, should the others want to burst in on Aloy recomposing herself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom