Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Republic Navy - Rank Request

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
The Republic Navy
(Let me know if any changes are needed either via PM or in this thread)​
Fleet_-_Trimmed.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Republic Navy, also known as the Republic Star Fleet or Navy of the Galactic Republic!

Wanna roleplay as a starship captain and go on adventures with a starship of your own? Well join on up with a character here.

Wanna roleplay as a star pilot and write stories of flying an X-Wing against the enemy? Join on up with a character here!

Remember that the ranks and titles are to add flair and relative idea of what you'll be playing with (Think difficulty scale). Roleplaying a military character is a fun aspect to test your writing skills in a unique way so have fun and get out there and protect the stars!

Take a look at the organization below for guidance and get an idea of what you'll be writing with whether as a pilot or star ship captain!

Caius Flavian

Naval Organization
The Republic Military
The combined might of the Republic is led by its Supreme Commander
Republic Navy Command
The Republic Navy is led by the Commander of the Navy who holds the rank of Grand Admiral and is appointed by the Supreme Commander and/or Supreme Chancellor and/or the Senate​
Fleet
A Fleet is made up of two or more Task Forces and range in a number of sizes. Fleets are led by a highly skilled strategist and tacticians of maneuvering large numbers of vessels in battle. These are commanded by a Fleet Admiral or Admiral. For an idea of number of ships in a fleet is reasonably from 24 to 60 ships and possibly more!
Task Force
A Task Force is made up of two or three Battle Groups! Task Forces are led by seasoned strategists and tacticians who are given a specific role to fill in the Fleet of commanding war ships in support of the Fleet Admiral. Task Forces are commanded by an Admiral or Vice Admiral. For an idea of the number of ships would be 12-20
Battle Group
A Battle Group is made up of two or more lines.
Led by Commodore's a Battle Group plays an important role at projecting strength and bringing to bear a reasonable amount of weaponry.
Line
A Line is made up of One to Six vessels of various sizes.

These are commanded by Captains and Commanders who exercise the authority to lead their respective war ship(s) to combat.

A Line is a relative term for either a single large capital ship or a number of smaller ships.
For example a Destroyer or Carrier and larger are typically viewed to be a single line unto themselves.
While several Cruisers or many frigates and corvettes can make up a line of 2-6 in size!

Star Pilot Corp
Wing
A Wing is just a formation of two or more groups. Usually in size from 36 to 72 star fighters or bombers. Commanded and led by a Captain or Commander

Group
A group is made up of a few squadrons. Usually in size of 12-36 star fighters or bombers. Commanded and led by a Commander or Lieutenant

Squadron
A Squadron is a group of star craft such as bombers and fighters. These vary in size but often do not exceed more than 12 star fighters or bombers. Usually led into battle by an officer of any rank depending on which squadron it is. For example if its the Commander of the Group's Squadron then he or she will likely being leading their own squadron. Lieutenants are often leaders of a Squadron unless there is a more senior officer with them.

Flight
One to Four star craft, ie fighters, bombers, often an Ensign or Lieutenant leads a Flight.

Caius Flavian

Ranks

Grand Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Admiral

-The Above ranks requires an In Character event such as an appointment or commissioning by the Supreme Commander and/or Supreme Chancellor and/or the Senate-

Feel free to request any of the below ranks. Just keep in mind on the above information for reference as to role and scope each rank entails!​

Vice Admiral
Commodore
Captain
Commander
Lieutenant
Ensign

Each rank has its quirks and challenges but have fun writing!
If you wish to request a promotion please link the In Character instances in a post and let myself or another Faction Admin know and I'll make the adjustment!​

Roster

Commander of the Navy
Grand Admiral [member="Marcus Solstice"]

Fleet Admiral [member="Reshmar"]
Admiral Lod (NPC): Roleplayed by [member="Gir Quee"]
Vice Admiral [member="Beckett Wrath"]
Vice Admiral [member="Maximillian Price"]
Vice Admiral [member="Taneas Haring"]
Commodore [member="Jagen Wren"]
Captain [member="Dallen Thayne"] of the 102nd Task Force
Captain [member="Reen Lorgon"]
Captain [member="Alcam Telrin"]
Commander [member="Kara Runo"] - Star Bomber Pilot (Bombardier)
Lieutenant [member="Maxumus Corvus"] - Star Fighter Pilot
Ensign [member="Stardust Raxis"] Star Fighter Pilot (Special Forces)
Ensign [member="Jasmine Floroust"]

Caius Flavian said:
Fleet Admiral Gir Quee
Officially, Gir is no longer an active member of the Republic military. I did this so I could use Gir to help out other factions without the Republic being linked to it. However, he often acts as advisor to his old protege in the Republic Navy, Admiral Lod (who I NPC), who then officially controls the fleet that this account uses. I'm not sure how you want to mark that, if at all.

Caius Flavian

Gir Quee said:
Officially, Gir is no longer an active member of the Republic military. I did this so I could use Gir to help out other factions without the Republic being linked to it. However, he often acts as advisor to his old protege in the Republic Navy, Admiral Lod (who I NPC), who then officially controls the fleet that this account uses. I'm not sure how you want to mark that, if at all.
Adjusted and marked up! Thank you for letting me know! The Out of Character wheels of bureaucracy turn thanks to the most up to date In Character information!

Let me know if he commands a particular fleet or something I'm trying to add all of that info in one spot to give flair for everyones characters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom