Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The reigns of History back to the hands of...

Nobles from all over the system had come for this occasion, the Lords and Ladies from the outlands, the Barons and Baronesses from the Gugugunanga and Kesipli and the Dukes from the ringcities that surrounded the planet. Many more had come, the nobility from far planets, joined by trade, tradition and the desire for more. Gendry and commoners with connections walked marveled by the corridors, florid with light and shining gems, walls at the entrance were adorn with the ‘siguls’, or banners from so many noble families that shared ancestry with the Kings and Queens of old. The golden sun of the faithful kaleesh duchy of House Kummar alongside the sharp spear of the warrior like Sk’arr, the heart made of a single diamond of the Arkanian Offshoot house of the Adasca, next to the fiery burning hand of the Dukes of House Morrigen, powerful allies of the vahla Barons of House Durrandon.

All banners were a sight to see by the guests before reaching the Great Hall. The N’gai house of the Essen, Vaylin and Djannis of the Rattataki, the Marr and Sparr of the Miraluka Barons, the Qorgyle, the Kraljica, the Von Ozrin, the Bar Emmon, the Bauglir, the Lorch and Cleganes and many more. All there for the ball, one that had to hire at least four different bands, one made of Biths with a beautiful nagai woman singing, other made of a family of Ithorians, a group of musician droids and a whole band of togorians. Doors open, a incredibly vast buffet with a almost infinite suply of beverages, Iedolas fitted his clothes while watching himself in the mirror.

Dressed in a decorative, gold armor over a white dress shirt. With a black robe lined with silver buttons and a goldenrod trim at the bottom. Over this he was wearing a white robe that has a large collar and red trim. Wearing black boots, black fingerless gloves and silver forearm armor. He lookled exactly like the symbol over all of the other ones in the Great Hall, the famed snake like sigul of his family, the coat of arms from House Solidor.

“Have they all arrived, Marquis?”, he asked to Halim Ondore, his aide in court and the government and he was answered. Although he was only curious about one of the Nine Houses was in the ball, the Juoni, the most bitter enemies the Solidors had ever since the Reconquista in the history of his planet.

“Yes, Your Majesty, all but the Juoni.”, to that Iedolas made a frown. Turning his back away from the mirror and starting to walk towards the doors from his chamber, he had no need to stay there rustling that in his mind all night, after all, he had a party to attend. "There is but one matter to be attended before the ball, I believe... About Auspex, sire?", Iedolas nodded, he had read the hololetter written to Draklory Arms and requested Queen Popara for more information about the matter. The Hutt, however, did not replied him yet with proper information on this matter, which was something odd, usually she had answers for him in the tip of her disgusting tongue but that was not the case. "He came here, invited by Baron Gormo to the ball. The Baron wondered if you had the time to see him.", to that Iedolas made a frown to Halim, he knew that House Yerellin would not make such request out of nowhere, although he had some trouble trying to associate the name of Baron Gormo with his face.

"I have all the time in the world, Marquis Ondore." he said in acid tone of voice, "Call him in.", the Primarch said turning his back to his steward and siting back in a huge leather chair in the chamber they were in, grabbing a small clean glass from the table at the side and filling it up with wine. His violet eyes set on the door as Marquis left the room to fetch the male for the meeting that Baron Yerellin asked Iedolas to have before his ball started. He could not help feeling a bit fragile with this situation, he usually had most information about his audiences before speaking to people, so he would never walk in a room with his pants down.

Myra

M
Auspex recognized the symbols, banners, and coats of arms. Every single one. He could even name off the past 5 generations of each one and where they hailed from, and perhaps a small bit of their history if he delved far enough into the data storage of the mask he wore that plugged directly into his brain. He remembered many things. Yet he found himself amused and fascinated by each and every banner as if it was his first time. The intricate designs from an ancient era, where symbols had more meaning and more significance. Modern flags and symbols tended to be simple, easy to determine, and had a clear meaning. Yet these banners of shapes, animals, and a variety of other things seemed to defy that modern logic of simplicity.

He would loiter around the gourmet tables, picking and choosing the occasional thing and placing it on a provided plate. He was not one to surrender free food so willingly when it was presented to him. After finally selecting a few things and finding a seat in solitude. Pretty much just as he goes to detach the silver part of his mask to expose his mouth to eat, a steward comes and informs him of the Primarch willing to meet him.

Yet with dignity and grace, Auspex would rise from his seat, leaving behind the plate for servants or servers to get, and follow the man to meet with the Primarch. He found himself marveling at the ornate halls and art styles surrounding him. His upbringing left a special place for art and music, and he couldn't help appreciate every inch of it, the mask taking in every frame of data and storing it for future observation and perhaps copying it for a future manor of Auspex should his scheming land him in some place of power within The Protectorate.

Upon being shown into the room to meet with the Primarch, it would be difficult to really determine what Auspex is. He was certainly humanoid, yet the long black cloak made it difficult to see the movement of his legs, giving him the illusion of gliding across the floor. Clothing hung loosely around him, making it difficult to truly take in his physical appearance and these ways of hiding his frame brought even his gender into question. The only thing that the cloak did not cover would be his hands, which equally dark and ornate gloves covered, and his face, where his mechanical mask hid his expression.

He would greet the Primarch with a blank expressionless stare from his mask, no bow, no over the top shows of flattery, just a simple appearance. Yet he would not speak, simply waiting for the Primarch to address him.

[member="Primarch Iedolas"]

During the time Iedolas was alone, he read the file and briefcase about Audax and his ‘project’ of construction that was sended to Draklory Arms board of Directors. Sounded like a big and expensive idea for a space station that he had no idea as for what it would be for, in Kaikielius they had very little space stations floating around the system, there was Mark3t-001 that served as a working area for space thrash and the asteroids to be properly worked and reshaped in molecular furnaces, most of the human population in the system lived there and there was REXIS-003, but that was a research facility now controlled by InGen that was hidden behind the sun. They built ring cities, not space stations, floating cities that were all around the planet, one hundred and thirty one since the last time he remembered about them.

Most of them were used by Barons, some very powerful Lords, Dukes and three Duchesses, while the others served as common cities for those that did not lived in the planet. The Solidors owned at least three, one that served as his personal throneworld like it did his father and two more keeps and cities for the commoners to live. Even so, he could not help being intrigued by this, after all, why there? Why him? Why not in some big factions space like the one the Sith or the Jedi had, or even on the Core? He would probably find out why, but Iedolas was not that worried, in the Force if he was a force user, he was nothing more than a commoner, a blank that transmitted nothing to anyone.

“Please have a sit.”, Marquis Halim said to the male as Iedolas turned in the lasciviously decorated room to gaze upon him, swinging his hand in a gesture towards Ondore to dismiss him from the room. Looking the male, if he was one, Iedolas did not smiled, but opened both of his hands and said in a calm tone of voice.

“So? Here I am, here you are. Indulge me on your request. Who are you?”, his hand grabbed the glass of wine next to the chair he was sitting in, “Why? When? How? What for? And why?”

[member="Auspex"]

Myra

M
He would take a second to find an appropriate seat, poke it as if testing it's comfort, and then sit. He would continue to admire the seat a second longer as he runs a gloved hand over the fabric as if attempting to figure out the texture and what it is made of. Yet, he would not focus on the chair for too long as he would look up at Iedolas with a blank expression from his mask. "I am just a patron of the arts and philosophies, nothing more and nothing less." he would state, crossing his legs and gently placing his hands on the armrests.

"This... station I am proposing. It's not just hulk of gold, metal, and other pricey materials dedicated to housing a great number of books. No, it is far more than that." he would pause either for dramatic effect or to just glance around the room again. "Throughout History... one of the main ways a species has evolved is through the centralizing and promotion of knowledge. Imagine a galaxy where everyone can speak one language, everyone can read one alphabet, everyone bases their decisions on logic and reason and philosophy rather than mysticism and prejudice. Imagine an educated galaxy... That is a dream I have had for a long time Primarch Iedolas, and I am offering you a place in it."

He would pause, as if mulling something over before giving a brief nod "But, of course, what would it do in the more immediate present? I am sure a man like you is indeed a patron of such dreams but also has a people to care for, such expense required to build this station may be far too much for some stranger's dream. Imagine building the largest collection of knowledge in the history of the Core Worlds, a massive library that also works as a university, letting anyone come and study and enhance themselves. Great rooms dedicated to debate and lecture, the greatest minds from across the galaxy congregating to debate philosophy or science. Places for top executives from the most powerful companies to come and make deals that could reshape the galaxy. Your nation.. your little Protectorate, will be the envy of the galaxy."

He would again pause, thinking over the next few words carefully, his hands shifting into his lap. "Statistically, I believe the literacy, knowledge, and promise of your own people will rise dramatically. You will get millions of tourists, and maybe even more students flooding from the galaxy to this system to learn from the greatest minds here. Tourism and students means that your city-world will grow even larger, both in size and economic output. This massive library with a variety of labs and testing facilities will also lead to a technological boom, new technologies coming out faster than ever in the history of your people."

With that, he would gesture around the room idly "I see no reason for you to not back my endeavors, Primarch Iedolas. It promises to be one of the best things to happen to the galaxy and to your people. All I ask is that you construct it to my designs, and leave a small section of it for my own experiments and living quarters for my comrades who will be joining me. Also, if you have no one else better for the job, I ask that you give me direct control over the installation."

And with that he had finished his points, simply waiting for the Primarch to reply. Ausepx hoped he had made as much of an impression as he had hoped.

Quietly he heard everything said to him, his face barely moved, remaining that wrinked bitter phiz that the elzeri ruler naturally had when he wasn’t smiling. What happened in his life to make him that way, no one knew or even dared to guess about it, there was a time that his was the face of pure joy, but things changed. Hearing about Auspex speaking of how he was a patron of the arts was a bit funny for him, not enough to make him smile but enough to leave him trying to remember the beautiful paintings of a mister Van Gogh in the Mensonge Academy of Arts, he probably stood for one hour looking at each of those paintings with his third wife fifty years ago.

After listening to that, Iedolas could finally understood why the male chose them for that idea. The elzeri, the vahla and the miralukan had a taste of their own about art and philosophy, in such way that their very own buildings were ostentatiously decorated with statues, oil paintings, strange sculptures, tapestries and more. His dream reminded him of stories he heard about the Sith libraries of old, destroyed by the Jedi and the Jedi Library before Palpatine rose to power. So much knowledge destroyed, something the vahla and the elzeri understood quite well, for they lost so much of the days of old while roaming throughout the galaxy in search of a home, it was indeed a idea that would surely pay for herself, after all, such library with all the knowledge about languages, history, philosophy, mathematics and ways to create brand new technologies at his reach and within his own territory. ‘Millions of tourists…’, he weighed for a moment inside his mind, the Sanctum would love those words, for that would mean more money, a real fortune, one that would make them one of the richest governments in all the galaxy.

Slowly his hand raised the glass of wine next to his lips after the male ended his speech, sipping from his glass as he still thought about his words. Words, was it Shakespeare that wrote that words were made of breath and breath made of life? He could not remember, but he knew that ‘Primarch Iedolas Aldercapt Solidor, patron of the greatest library in all the galaxy’ had a very appealing ring to it. They could even raise a college to study in this library all year in Kaikielius, to gather all the most brilliant minds in the galaxy to work for the common good.

“To bring the reigns of history back to the hands of man.”, he said, his tone of voice slowly cutting through the silence, as his hand went on raising the glass before his purple bright eyes, watching the content of the glass move around, thinking about the words spoken by the good Doctor Cidolfus every single time Iedolas spoke to him. His eyes went to the cup back to Auspex, lowering his glass and gently placing it over the little table, watching that mask he had. “What’s with the mask?”, he asked like it was the most casual thing to ask for someone that did not showed his face, wondering for a moment if he was human. Not because he did not trusted humans, far from it, Iedolas always thought highly about humans, so weak they were and yet so easy to manipulate. “There is more to it, isn’t there? After all, if all the knowledge in the galaxy is stored in such grand library, than one should also store all the knowledge in the galaxy about the subtleties of the Force should they not?”, perhaps make it a more private section he almost said it out loud, for he knew how dangerous that kind of knowledge could prove to be. Some poor Quermian, hungry for knowledge would read about pyrokinesis and the next he knew of, the whole library would be burning, bright enough for him to see from down here in Enfer. “What are your thoughts about that?”

“How to safely store this kind of knowledge somewhere? Is probably the right question I should be asking, for that would also be something I would be interested. The books, scrolls, ancient texts, holocrons and dangerous artifacts that can teach and also cause much harm?”, Iedolas believed like most elzeri that there was three sides of the Force. He learned about the light side when he joined the Jedi Order in Coruscant during the days of the Galactic Alliance, fled and fell before mastering their ways to learn the deep secrets of the dark side with his former master Melkor long ago and now he proudly thought to himself about having, at last, achieved mastery over the ‘gray’ side of the Force. Not that he would let someone knew about this, for everyone, Iedolas would feel like a ordinary person, for he hide himself within the Force so that his intentions were never found.

[member="Auspex"]

Myra

M
Auspex would shift lightly in his chair, face seemingly fixated on Iedolas with each and every word he says as if trying to divine some hidden meaning from the Primarch. The man was a curiosity to him, he had little dealings with the Elzari yet here they were, far from their flotillas roaming the galaxy. They had finally settled down, solidifying their place in galactic politics. Auspex hoped that although he was mostly pursuing this library for his own personal gains, that it would also serve to help elevate the Elzari and this Protectorate into a place of stature within the galactic community.

This library was one of the first real attempts to pursue knowledge and innovation in a galaxy that had long since grown complacent with their technology. Wonders could be accomplished here, and he couldn't help but smile under his mask as it seemed that the Primarch slowly drifted towards building this grand library. Surely he would agree with Auspex, such a place would become an epicenter to modern learning and perhaps even elevate Kaikielius into the position that Coruscant once was... perhaps one-day Kaikelius can dominate Coruscant as Coruscant had once dominated the galaxy. In fact, he could foresee that many students coming to this great library would be from the surrounding Ecumenopoleis.

He would slowly decide such daydreaming and taking such matters for granted would be dangerous and perhaps make him too cocky. Thus he would simply shift in his chair again, seeming a little uncomfortable now that the subject of his mask is brought into question. "A creation of my own, designed to help with a variety of subjects related to my studies." and with that, he would leave the subject alone.

"The reigns of History have always been in the hands of man, just men who don't know how to ride it properly. You, on the other hand, seem like someone who can guide it as you please." A little flattery wouldn't' hurt. Auspex knew little of the man truth be told, he had come here for a few reasons and brushed up on the intel about him on the shuttle here. It was not that he was unimportant... just not important to the world Auspex often found himself in. Auspex hoped, however, that with the creation of this library that his days would be spent more often in the grande library with an infinite access of knowledge, rather than his own private study.

"As for the force, I believe that subjects related to it should be shared openly with those we can trust... how we determine that is yet to be seen. I am not one for stopping potential from growing in anyone." It was true, Auspex had never not trained an individual who came to him for guidance. Some turned into the destructive Sith, using their knowledge to gain power, while others turned into the hypocritical Jedi... fewer still remained with the philosophies he had taught them. He remembered few of them, that was far in the past and he could not be bothered to remember such insignificant knights and darths that had been under his tutelage that had done nothing of note. If he was to train someone now, it would be to create a hero... or a monster... whatever he needed and whatever would make the history books.

"I can offer other services as well... I imagine that this... Protectorate of yours? It will eventually seek to spread farther than its own system. I have countless knowledge on how to run such an enterprise, and how to... how do we say... keep the people in love with you?" It was true, he had studied the works of Lord Palpatine voraciously as a youth. This led to other scholars and even more still on how to run governments efficiently and how to control entire nations and bend them to his will. He never once actually used these skills, but he saw an opportunity unfolding before his eyes. Besides, even if Iedolas didn't plan to spread his Protectorate, 'No man Rules Alone' and Auspex viewed himself as certainly a valuable ally... now it was time to see if the Primarch thought the same.

He was interested. Not just in this grand dream of the greatest library this galaxy had ever seen, because that would pay for itself and make the nobles even richer, would fill Kaikielius with potential force users to join the Enclave and hands to fill the military ranks. Without mentioning the technology, he could be known as the patron of all advanced technology in this galaxy, weapons, ships, tools, medicine and possibly ways to extend his own life for two or three hundred years. Iedolas was interested in those thing, but even more in all the knowledge he would have in his reach and the male in front of him, who was he? What was he? Where did he came from? What secrets he had to hide behind that mask? The Solidor could use a male he considered to be a dreamer, for that was the thing that made them loyal to the fold, something they would kill for and more.

Could he use that for the Protectorate? Not that this was his main goal, but he needed the Protectorate to achieve what he wanted to do, for all, for himself and for love. He had plans, plans of expansion, while Achillea was yet the first step to that, liberating the planet from the current Inner Council of usurpers and restoring House Cadriaan to power to show they respected nobility and were the defenders the nobles needed. He did not dreamed, for he would look a fool doing that, but Iedolas had the visionary thought of uniting the Tapani Province under one flag, something that would give them enough power to take over the Colonies, the Inner Rim and the Unknown Regions before turning their gaze to the Core. For that would make him closer to his goal, even if he had to bribe, nod, play, lie, kill and force to submission every single noble and the League of Tapani Freeworlds in that side of the galaxy.

In Kaikielius, he was loved by the people and feared by the nobles, elzeris and vahlas that searched for a homeworld and settled there for they said the gods chose this place to be their home. The kaleesh and rattataki came to the planet in search for more in this existence, the Arkanian Offshoots were saved from the mines in Arkania after being invited and welcomed, the twi’leks and nagai did the same for they saw how this planet was founding prosperity with diversity. They had billions of Ugnaughts in there as well searching for the same thing, much like his miralukan ex-wife, so why not? This was all part of the very nature they created in Kaikielius, after butchering House Praji and expelling House Vahali.

“Are you a force user?”, he asked although he did not had any need to know the answer to that. Even hiding in the Force, he could still feel how she was flowing from him. Oddly he reminded him of the true meaning of the colour ‘gray’, even if he had forgotten how that feeling was for himself in the Force, he would probably look like a light shining in the darkness, or at least he hoped that he was.

“A noble does not rise to this position I find myself in, if he does not learn with his own mistakes and how to trust the right people.”, Iedolas spoke raising his glass of wine shortly afterwards and drinking the rest of the wine inside the cup, “Very well. Send the designs for this grand library to Monarch Shipyards and I will put my seal of approval by the morning, but I expect proof, mister Auspex. Proof of how worthy you can be, proof of your commitment to this enterprise and proof of your skills. Call it... a blood sacrifice to the Gods, if it pleases you.”, and proof of how worthy he could be to bring fortune and glory for the Protectorate, he slowly placed the goblet back in the table, bringing his hand to his lap once again. “I shall start by naming you the one in charge for this project. Our ways say that a title is required... “, his eyes closed for a moment as he allowed his own mind to think on this matter for a moment, opening after they had done it so, smiling, “Archon. Archon Auspex it shall be. Now... Your move, Archon.”

[member="Auspex"]

Myra

M
"I am a scientist, and the Force is simply a means to an end." he would explain idly as he would slowly stand and pace over to a nearby piece of artwork. The man had an interesting speech, gods, blood, sacrifice, the three earliest antagonists in the earliest of literature. What sort of test would sate this man's curiosity of his power? And how could he assure that the Primarch has at least some part of Auspex's loyalty? It was a difficult question, one he had pondered before he even came here. Yet he couldn't help but smile as he was bestowed a title, Archon. An interesting name, something he could certainly get used to being called. "Does this mean I am now a noble of Kaikielius?" He would inquire amusedly, although Auspex certainly had a thing for titles and politics, perhaps forging a noble house to be remembered long after his own death was something he could work on in his spare time.

Yet as he waits for the man to respond, his mind drifts towards the other reason he came to this particular man. The holocron. Even now he could sense the darkness hiding somewhere in this building, yet he dared not reach out unless it exposes his true power to any force users around. Turning to face the Primarch he would lift his jaw a little out of dignity before stating "I came here for another purpose... a holocron. One that you have, and I wish to acquire..." he would let the statement drift off, not really finishing it. Leaving the reason for his pursuit of the holocron was best left vague after all. Not only did he want the knowledge, he also wished to lock it away where none may find it again. Such knowledge was for those who knew best how to utilize it.

Auspex did not view himself as any sort of savior of the galaxy. Rather he saw himself as one of the few in the galaxy who understood the fundamentals of what they were doing here in existence. He, and maybe a couple hundred spread across billions of stars truly knew that existence was about power, and knowledge was the surest way to obtain that power. Yet... as attractive as power was, Auspex simply viewed it as a necessity and not something to necessarily pursue religiously. Rather, the power he obtained through his everlasting thirst for knowledge would be enough for him. He was no Sith, looking to become a god and dominate the galaxy. Yet he was no Jedi, wanting to learn through quiet meditation and mythic chanting and meditation. He was a scholar, one who read books and holocrons.

He would patiently await the Primarch's answer, he saw no need to beat around the bush after all.

Listening to the creature in front of him, was something interesting. The way he moved, the way he spoke, the way he dreamed, Iedolas was almost guessing that he could be a Gen’Dai, for the way he sounded so old and yet, so wise. Reminded him of the rakatan in the lobby waiting for him, creatures thousands of years old, all around the galaxy, watching as all changed before their very eyes. Iedolas smiled, not gently, but something a bit cruel.

“Not yet.”, he said about his question of becoming a noble in Kaikielius, “But it is a start.”, and as Auspex spoke of the holocron, the smile left his lips. The Undying Holocron, the thing Dathka Graush created to teach the young ones in the future, to store all his knowledge and also a way to trick others to bring him back from the dead to resume his dark and vile rule. He found the Holocron not long after he killed his master, it was stored in his old temple in a asteroid, built by Dathka himself Melkor said to him once and although he kept the holocron locked away from all eyes, Iedolas found it, learned from it all he could and betrayed the gatekeeper. Never would Iedolas bring the Undying King back to life and his own ways of achieving immortality were pathetic and had little interest to him.

Someday he would find the Heart of Dathka Graush and crush it to make sure the dead Sith King would not take his revenge on him, at least if those stories were true. So much ancient knowledge was lost that Iedolas had a hard time believing in some old tales.

“Which one?”, he asked. Holocrons, he had two in his personal possession. The one that belonged to the dead Sith King and the Sith Carbonite Army Holocron that once belonged to Exar Kun. Gently his hand moved to the table, almost ready to push a button and call the guards, but thinking it through, the Solidor smiled and said in a slow tone of voice. “If it's the Undying Holocron you are seeking, I shall give it you.”, a moment of silence took place, “After this library is built and as for the blood sacrifice. Since I believe you are not accustomed to our ways, there is something you can give this little Protectorate of mine, Archon Auspex and this blood sacrifice for the Gods is life.”, with both hands on the chair, Iedolas stood up and walked to the window, “Gods feast on life and death. The Sanctum cares only about money, the nobles are already used to this peace. The Tapani Worlds are ahead and yet, they are lazy, afraid and not bold enough to risk for more, give us chaos, hostility, offense to their pockets and ways so that I can have enough reason to take it all, to bend all the Tapani Planets and the Inner Rim to us.”

“Fear and love are both powerful things. I shall provide you with a tool to lead whoever you chose to start this, but not now. Peace is precious and a ball awaits for me.”, they had time to start that and as the galaxy was distracted fighting old wars, they both could do that and take it all for themselves, or at least the piece they were interested. After all, he was not that greedy.

[member="Auspex"]

Myra

M
The man's mentioning of a second holocron almost made Auspex curse under his breath. His agents who were supposed to scout this man out only reported one... Someone was going to be reprimanded. Either way, he would not answer the man's request for loyalty directly, but with his actions. Words, although powerful and perhaps one of his favorite inventions of the universe, were weak and unable to portray real and viable results in these matters. He would turn to the Primarch, assessing him once again. He looked old... but had the ambition of a young man seeking to put the galaxy under his thumb, and Auspex couldn't help but feel a little envious.

Auspex would stand there idly, obviously deep in thought with his arms folded behind his back. This man wanted his loyalty, and Auspex could give him that, at least to a degree. The man's speech about wishing to expand his little Protectorate amused Auspex. He could certainly make it happen, it wouldn't be easy, but he had the resources to manipulate small planet-bound societies rather easily. It was one of the many things he learned through the teachings of Lord Palpatine, people are incredibly easy to convince of things. Whether this is through propaganda, fear, or subversive messages, Auspex could make it happen. "What you're asking of me is no little feat... To help you spread your influence and power. I assume you've already been preparing forces and the infrastructure to accomplish such a feat?"

Myra

M
The man's mentioning of a second holocron almost made Auspex curse under his breath. His agents who were supposed to scout this man out only reported one... Someone was going to be reprimanded. Either way, he would not answer the man's request for loyalty directly, but with his actions. Words, although powerful and perhaps one of his favorite inventions of the universe, were weak and unable to portray real and viable results in these matters. He would turn to the Primarch, assessing him once again. He looked old... but had the ambition of a young man seeking to put the galaxy under his thumb, and Auspex couldn't help but feel a little envious.

Auspex would stand there idly, obviously deep in thought with his arms folded behind his back. This man wanted his loyalty, and Auspex could give him that, at least to a degree. The man's speech about wishing to expand his little Protectorate amused Auspex. He could certainly make it happen, it wouldn't be easy, but he had the resources to manipulate small planet-bound societies rather easily. It was one of the many things he learned through the teachings of Lord Palpatine, people are incredibly easy to convince of things. Whether this is through propaganda, fear, or subversive messages, Auspex could make it happen. "What you're asking of me is no little feat... To help you spread your influence and power. I assume you've already been preparing forces and the infrastructure to accomplish such a feat?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom