Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Reformation | The Death Watch Crusade

qi3I6uj.png
2hNEgdn.png

To suffer a defeat was to endure one of the most bittersweet tastes in the known universe. The result of a conflict, no matter the odds, is never predetermined. So, to fight with every fibre of one’s being - only to be denied that glorious undulation brought about by victory? Some with weaker constitutions would find themselves succumbing to despair. They would turn to drink or some other vice to drown themselves in the moment. Yet, all that would come from their deeds is more despair and compounded failure. It was a sensation that once embraced, lingered on far longer than it was welcomed. But, to those with the mental fortitude and constitution to walk the Path of the Warrior, the defeat suffered could easily be turned into a lesson.
So long as they survived the encounter, a Warrior could learn from their failures more than they ever could through their victories. These militant souls would come to understand what tactics, strategies and weapons worked against their foes and how to better kill their enemies to end the hostility between their peoples. Such aspects of knowledge and truthful insight would be tainted by the laurels of victory. Many would become blinded by their own arrogance and hubris to see the coming of their end until it was too late. It was said that the recent iteration of the Mandalorian Empire suffered such a fate when it collapsed. That those on top believed themselves to be mighty and refused to accept their defeat as a lesson.
And so, the Empire fell, as it had before, as the rest of the Galaxy descended on them with red-stained eyes. Instead of embracing their failures and fighting back - the Mandalorian people vanished into the shadows to live another day. But, some refused to accept the fate others had given them. With blades in hand, these noble warriors lashed out at those who sought to orchestrate their Empire’s failure. They learned from the mistakes of others and swore to never repeat them. Thus, in the shadows of towering giants, their deeds began to spread. Some found themselves latching onto their destroyers, hoping to suckle upon their teat for a taste of the glory denied to them. Whilst others propagated the failures of the past, expecting the outcome to change.
Those that walked the Path of the Warrior refused to give in to such fallacies. They were too proud to grovel before their enemies in the hopes of reclaiming their squandered legacy. Such was an act of weakness, for those fighters willingly placed the fate of themselves and their comrades in the hands of others. They denied themselves the dignity of self-determination, which flew in the face of the Canons of Honour. That was something those old enough to remember their origins couldn’t allow. Thus, the seeds of remembrance were sown amongst the youthful and vigorous. The stories of yore would inspire generations of disgruntled Mandalorians to come and guide them towards a future of their own making - rather than one determined by the capricious whims of others.
And so, the foundations were set. The Death Watch would return once more in the Mandalorian’s darkest hour and seek to lead them into the uncertainties of the future - with blades and blasters in hand. They would not go quietly into the night, but if they were to die - then it would be in a way that they would be remembered for all time.

ZVina6u.png
Outer Rim Territories // Galactic North // Deep Space.
Aboard the Lictor-class Dungeon Ship; "Purgatory."
~ Stolen from Dantooine in the aftermath of the recent Battle.
The Battle of Dantooine was one for the ages. While the outcome would ultimately result in a defeat for the New Imperial Order, there would be some amongst their number that counted the engagement as a victory. As the Sith Empire and the might of their allies reaffirmed their claim over the agricultural world, a portion of the Sons of Mandalore found themselves surrounded by what remained Clan Vizsla’s holdings. Although the House itself was scattered and fractured, some of their designs and caches remained behind. These Sons of Mandalore quickly gathered what they could and stowed their newly earned riches aboard one of their purloined starships. It was a vast treasure hoard that would offer those wayward Mandalorian Crusaders the chance they needed to forge their own destiny.
Thus, from the ashes of defeat, the Scions of the Death Watch would be reborn anew. These former Sons and Daughters of Mandalore would have all that they needed to strike out independently. Save the flesh needed to pilot and operate their newly acquired war material. So, these Mandalorians would turn to what remained of their Clans and Houses - seeking to recruit their like-minded comrades to the cause. Some would refuse the call out of fear of reprisal and the inevitable extinction of their collective culture. Others would be duty or oath-bound to another’s cause and unable to swear themselves to the Crusade. Yet, some believed in the potential of a reformed Death Watch.
These Warriors were weaned upon the stories of yore, passed down from one generation to the next, that regaled their youthful ears of the heroism that the Death Watch embodied. While others would proclaim them as radicals and terrorists, the Children of the Watch were devout patriots that nobly strode into battle against impossible odds. They fought to redeem the Mandalorian people in the eyes of history and secure their collective people’s future in the face of uncertainty. With their passions reignited, the ranks of the Death Watch began to grow with every passing day. It was a trickle at first, where one or two wayward souls adorned their armour in the Watch’s colours and the Sigils of the ancient Neo-Crusaders.
But, as the days began to turn into weeks, more had come.
As the dawning of another day arrived, those who heard the Death Watch’s call assembled on the hangar deck of the pilfered vessel. It was a proverbial sea of armoured bodies who adorned themselves in a kaleidoscope of colours. Some wore their Clan or house’s iconography with pride, whilst others eschewed their past lives to decorate themselves in the Watch’s colours. Like the enamel that coated their war-plate, the reasons for their appearance here were as vast and varied as the stars themselves. There was a modicum of vested interest shared by all those that gathered here today, and soon - they would all be united in cause and purpose.
Before the throng of armoured warriors sat one of the newly acquired fighters from Dantooine. Its surface was freshly coated in the Watch’s colours and inscribed with the Sigil of the ancient Neo-Crusaders, a stylized skull encircled by a halo of thorns. The armour plating glistened in the overhanging light but swiftly dulled as a figure in golden yellow armour vaulted onto the improvised platform. Some amongst the throng turned to acknowledge this figure, while others chatted amongst themselves - unaware of the figure’s presence. When they made themselves known by drawing in their attention, this golden figure greeted them warmly.
“Brothers, Sisters, Sons and Daughters. Today is a day of days. this figure began, gesturing to the crowd before them with arms swept wide. “No more shall we bow before giants, seeking what glories they offer. No more shall we cower in our hovels as the Sith parade their laurels reaped from the atrocities inflicted upon our people. Our blood cries out for vengeance, and we shall not deny it’s song! For we are Mandalorians! Children of the Watch! And inheritors of a Legacy that once brought the Galaxy to it’s very knees!”
The golden figure’s words seemed to resonate with those that adorned themselves with the Watch’s colours. For, they knew who this figure was. He was a Field Marshal within their simplistic hierarchy and a hero to some. But, most of all, this figure was an unparalleled warrior who reddened the earth with the blood of their enemies. His name was unimportant, but their deeds - alongside those of the Spawnslayer - would echo throughout eternity.
“What was, will be again, my kindred. We were laid low by division and once more by the daggers of betrayal. But those who hold true to the ways of the Mandalore never forget. Every wrong that was committed against our people shall be righted. The Sith shall pay! The Empire shall crumble! Blood begets blood!”
“FOR THE WATCH!”
It was with those very words that the Death Watch would be officially reformed. And those that answered the call would embark upon a Crusade that would - one day - engulf the Galaxy in a storm of vengeance that would be immortalized in the sagas of their collective peoples.

It had been a surprise for Walon when he got that call from Rynn Vizsla, informing him of what was going to happen, asking if he wanted to join. For Walon, it was a decision that he had not taken lightly.

For the past four hundred years, Clan Rauth had avoided what could be called Mandalorian politics. Ever since Marek Rauth had taken the clan to the stars, leaving behind their stronghold at Drahr Valyadr to avoid what had been called “toxic politicking”, Clan Rauth had ecked out an existence as honorable mercenaries, soldiers of fortune who followed the Supercommando Codex. Many times they had sat on the sidelines, watching as Manda’lors rose to do the bidding of one side or the other. Many times they had seen their people humiliated, turned into items of ridicule and scorn.

Well, no more. No more would Clan Rauth stand by. No more would Mandalorians become fodder for the aruetiise’s wars. Now the galaxy will perhaps finally be made to understand.

So he had come, joined the cause. He stood amongst the crowd, dressed in a new set of armor and equipped with new weapons, his strill Burc sitting on his haunches beside him. This one they called the Field Marshal was an impressive speaker, able to inspire bravery and devotion with their words. And word around the campfire was that they were a great warrior.

And with their call to arms, so began the Crusade.

Theirs would not be an easy path, but it was a path that needed to be tread. Despite the Rauths’ original opposition to the Death Watch many centuries ago, times had changed. Now it was time for the Mandalorians to strike against the galaxy, teaching the aruetiise a lesson they would never forget.

“For the Watch!” he echoed.

Cyran wasn't really the kind of person one would expect to be gathered together with a bunch disgruntled traditionalist Mandalorians. He honestly didn't know much of the history behind Death Watch. It sounded rather hardcore just by the name. He spent a good deal of his free time reading up on Mandalorian history and even then the stories weren't necessarily page turners to him.

Standing by near the rear of the gathering he could see out some over the apparent rainbow of Mandalorians. Many of which have a similar grey and blue color scheme. They must be the traditional colors of Death Watch. The way Cyran had caught wind of this meeting was kind of odd to. Hearing about it after running into an older Mandalorian mercenary at a cantina. Who heard about this over their friend trying to recruit them. So this was certainly second hand info passed on to him.

Fortunately Cyran still had his official Sith-Imperial Credentials to provide a good reason for hanging around the northern Outer Rim. Just a simply bounty hunter trying to make his way in the galaxy.

He felt kind of out of place thanks to the vibrant colors of his armor as well as the general absence of a T-visor on his helmet. Cyran watched as a Golden Figure presented themselves to the crowd. They started taking about some pretty big ambitions and seemingly stoking the flames of Jingoism among the crowd.

Cyran tried to listenen as well as he could from the back of the crowed, but then was startled suddenly from the boom from the crowd shouting
"For the Watch!".

"For the watch.!" He uttered half a second later. Getting some looks from those directly around him.

Dantooine was a bitter sweet engagement. While I had been fixed to the rear lines, providing aid to my brothers and sisters, in the form of handing out new beskads, handing out weapons, and being all in support for the assault for the many relics, artifacts, and desirables that once belonged to the Clan Vizsla. Many were sulking, speaking of what had transpired. Muttering of the loss, while also praising those who gave the ultimate sacrifice that could only be honored by a Warriors funeral. Looking to the side of my vision, I could see what looked to be two women embracing with a keldabe kiss. It gave me a sign of hope that many still survived of our group. Ones that had taken over this prison ship, and were using it now as a transport.

It was within my vision, I saw a Neo-Crusader. Adorned in the Field Marshal's colors of Golden hue. One that seemed to shine within the ship upon standing above the crowd, yet had battle-scars of war, combat, and years of experience more than I had. Voice, ringing out, speaking of a hard day many had endured. However, there was more to come in the venture of reclaiming what was once ours.

In my mind, I could only doubt the man to a degree. The Mandalorians had been kicked in the head, curb-stomped, and then beaten while they were down. Mandalore, the title, and the planet, were filled with holes and problems. Separate groups of Mandalorians were born of the Empire's Fall. Did they accept one agenda? or were they all doomed to be like the old tails during the Clone wars. Splintered by a Republic-turned-Empire, and then becoming a puppet of the Sith.

It has happened many times now, and I feared for the Mandalorians and their culture. It did not escape my mind. The dream of a lone Mandalorian, kneeling in the snow, a saber held by a Force user, easily swinging to remove the Mandalorian's head. A tale presented by many who thought of it as here say, and lies. I couldn't shake it. My visor leveled up at the man as his voice rang out in a motto of the Deathwatch.

I could feel a heat well up within my chest as I pumped my arm into the air and yelled along with him.

"For the Watch!"

It was with this, that I hoped, that even if the mandalorian gods were no longer with us, nor any other higher entity, that the culture, my people, my life, and those of my brothers and sisters would continue into eons more. This Crusade, gave me a hope that we would not just begin to survive, but to move into a thriving age.

While an individual was slightly late with the call of such motto, I ignored it for the time. Making my way towards the same table upon which the Field Marshal Stood. Indicating I wished to take a lead, I clambered up and turned around to face them.

"You words honor us Marshal. Now, should all who are here need replacement parts, fixed weapons, armor, or the like, I have a room in the back that I can fix you up. Beskad, Bes'bev, Kals, What-have-you. With many returning from Dantooine, we need to keep our armor strong, and our blade sharp. You won't do no good with a broken tool."

Receiving a couple nods from the crowd, I looked to the Field Marshal. Closing the distance and grasping each others arm.

"Thank you, and that offer is to you as well. That is, if those dents and scratches aren't just for aesthetic."

Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas Walon Rauth Walon Rauth Saga of Valour Saga of Valour Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla

Korso Rook

K
"For the Watch."

He did not raise his voice with the others. Total indifference disguised behind an expressionless mask greeted any who were insulted by his apparent lack of enthusiasm. Many could claim their heritage. Few were worthy of the name. If these so called crusaders wished to call him brother they would have to earn his respect. Each and every one of them. Stories of past deeds were nothing but wind. Only hunger for the next conquest truly mattered to Corso Rook.

"Nice ship," his helmet turned slowly towards Vizsla and Priest, "Old. Needs a forge. Hull is solid."

Brushing one gauntlet tenderly across its bow Corso experienced an almost spiritual reverence for the ancient machine of war. It was perfectly crafted to deliver death to a pilot's enemies. He could only imagine how many countless battles it had survived and its 'edge' was still sharp enough to kill. Nothing quite like the rush of fighter combat except for maybe crossing blades. Exhilaration was the only way he could describe it.

"I'll take it."

It was not a request. It was a challenge. He wanted to see what Rynn Vizsla Rynn Vizsla would do. What the others would do. Both his tone and body language left little doubt that if the rally master denied him it would lead to blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom