Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Red War: Food Fight || CIS Dominion of Kriselist

sONRgM1.png

Tags: Acantha Malvern Acantha Malvern

He'd moved through shadow and darkness. The only slivers of light coming from sections of the ship that were torn off during the crash, the moon shined bright this night. It was almost enough to off set the horrid staleness of death. The single bloody streak had led to the rear passenger bays where...nothing. Or rather...everything. There were no bodies, no people, yet there was blood everywhere. In rapid, sporadic stains all over the bays. He went from one to the next, each one was desecrated in a similar fashion. "What the hell...?" Domino muttered, before turning into the next bay.

That was when he heard it.

"Hello..." The voice called out and Domino's first reaction was to place a hand on his blaster pistol. He turned to see the young woman, cloaked in darkness. He breathed out, bending a bit at his waist as he felt his heart pounding in his chest. "Damn it, lady...You scared the hell out of-" He paused for a moment before taking in the young woman's features. "Holy chit...you're the VIP. His highness ordered me to make sure you-" Again he trailed off as his eyes took in the sight of carnage behind her. Quickly Domino stepped forward, wrapping his arms around her. He wasn't aware that she was the very creature who had caused the carnage, he merely sought to keep her eyes from it. "Don't look in there." He spoke. "Come on, we gotta get out of this ship. If the reactor was compromised then we're on borrowed time." He took the woman's hand but turned back sharply when he felt the slick liquid on it.

He looked up at Acantha and cursed softly, pulling at his shirt and using it to wipe the blood from her hands. "Guess you already saw...?" He said softly.

"Hey look. We're gonna be ok. We'll get to one of the distress kits and go from there. We landed somewhere in or near Confederate territory so we're probably just looking at a few hours out here." He promised her, offering her that same reassuring smile he loved to give the members of his crew.

"I'm Lieutenant Dubose, but you can call me Domino, ok?" He told her, before taking her hand once again, leading her down the spine of the ship.

Acantha Malvern

L ᵢ ₜ t ₗ ₑ B ₗ ₐ c ₖ b ᵢ ᵣ d
SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O
Domino Dubose Domino Dubose

The minute the man stepped into the shimmering moonlight, Acantha placed his face. It was the man Father had spoken to when they were coming aboard.
She tensed somewhat when he stepped closer. Her natural instinct, when presented with sudden movements made by anyone besides Father, was to attack. Fortunately, she staved off the desire when she realised what he was doing. He was merely attempting to protect her. She stifled a laugh into the privacy of his lapel as his arm wrapped around her. If only he knew that he was attempting to protect her from the chaos she had caused.
When he pulled away, declaring that they needed to leave the ship, Acantha put on her most innocent expression. She was well practised at it. The doe-eyed naïve gaze that females often made when they weren’t quite aware of the danger they were in. She could mimic it perfectly, along with the trembling tone they used when trauma dominated their minds. “I was just-… Just trying to find-…” The tremor in her voice was real. Linked to the sheer displeasure she faced as the slick liquid was wiped from her finger-tips.
To the man that desperately attempted to free her of the stains, it would appear as though she had come to the sudden realisation of the horror she had faced. Not just horrified at the fact that he was wiping away the best part of her meal. But this misunderstanding worked perfectly in Acantha’s favour.
“Okay…” She responded to his attempts at reassurance with a nod of her head. His smile, she replied to with a smile of her own. It looked unsure on her features and wobbled slightly when she tried to widen it, but it suited its purpose. Taking his hand, she entwined her fingers around his, as though he were a lifeline thrown out in the middle of a storm. The body was unused to walking with someone who had such long legs, across such uneven terrain. It tripped and tumbled as they wound their way through the debris-strewn corridors.
“Domino.” She tested the name out on her tongue and chanced a quick gaze at his face. She could only see it when the flashes of moonlight seeped through the gaping wounds in the hull of the ship, but it was enough. She decided the name suited him. “My name is Acantha.”
YushaBot.png

Moving through the halls was not an easy task alone. It was even harder with Acantha with him. He felt a need to aid her over the harsh terrain. Maybe it was the code of Chivalry that Illyrians prided themselves in so much, but he could not help but feel it was his duty to ensure this woman was unharmed in any way. Not even a twisted ankle would be appropriate. He shifted down a slate of metal, his tired, drugged body working to keep himself steady. Helping Acantha down was actually easier than himself, he simply grabbed at her waist, guiding her down the shift.

"Acantha." He repeated her name with a smile. "I like it." He breathed softly, taking her hand into his as they kept moving down the hall. "His majesty came to check on you before we left. First time I'd ever seen the King in person, didn't think he was the kind to check on a transport...but it was you he was really worried about, right?" He said, a small smile coming to his face. "Are you of the nobility? I'd hate to run around calling you your name, instead of an actual title."

Domino led Acantha down a smaller hall, a sub hall that was a control point for this part of the ship. In the edge of the corner was a partially destroyed Astromech droid. Domino passed the droid without a thought, making his way into the control room. He was searching for a crash kit, something that could help them out of the disaster they were in.

When Acantha passed the smashed astromech it would let out a weak beep. It's head swiveled towards her, beeping once again before the holoemitter came to life. It showed a recording of the hall they stood in. It showed a recording of Acantha dragging a living person back into one of the bay's. She was not as she appeared now, instead she was more beast than woman.

"Give me a few minutes." Domino called from within the room.

While Domino could not see the recording, the small astromech cut the feed before slowly swiveling its optic to Acantha, beeping softly as if to say.

I saw what you are.

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O

Acantha had never had anyone treat her like a lady before. Not even Father. She was far from a lady. She was a monster, and that fact had never bothered her. Still, the way Domino seemed to fuss and fawn over her when the terrain was a little too grievous to bare… she rather liked it.
There was no hiding the expression of deep thought that overtook her face following his question. Father had said she was a princess, but Acantha did not know what that truly meant. Yes, she was nobility, but by name only. “I suppose I am.” She answered hesitantly. “But please do not call me Princess Acantha.” The look of distaste in her pale features was almost tangible as she spoke those words. Like it would have been the worst thing in the entire galaxy, even over the fact that they had almost crashed to their deaths.
“You saved my life.” She followed with a firm nod. “I think Acantha will work just fine.”
He had far from saved her life, of course, quite the opposite in fact. It was his standing and station that had saved his life from her. But that truth would never see the light of day. Hopefully.
When they entered the sub-corridor, it was getting harder to hold his hand. So Acantha let it go, allowing him to slip into a side room in search of a crash kit. As was the rest of the ship, the corridor was in a poor state of disrepair. Acantha imagined they would spend more trying to get this hulking thing off the ground than they would simply buying a new ship. As her glass blue eyes swept the metal walls, taking in the damage, they landed on the unassuming astromech Domino had passed moments before.
It let out a sad sounding beep that barely carried a few inches in front of it. Too quiet for Domino to hear. Could mechs even be sad? Acantha would have to remember to ask Father later on. When Acantha stepped closer, a flicker of faint blue light illuminated her ebony skin. The thing showed a recording. Of Acantha. In her true form. Doing exactly what she hoped to keep a secret from Domino.
His soothing baritone voice echoed out into the corridor, making Acantha jump slightly in its direction. “Take your time! I’ll just wait here.” She responded quickly, in her sweet titter.
It was then that the astromech let out another series of beeps. A steely blue gaze turned to meet its optic head-on. A smile broke out on her human features, but it was all wrong. Twisted and grim, it seemed to stretch far beyond a normal smile, almost touching the tips of her earlobes. Her teeth had morphed, from beautiful pearl white pegs to sharp, dangerous fangs. A hauntingly quiet giggle escaped her throat as she lifted a finger to press against the smile itself. The finger had morphed too. Into a terrifyingly long, ebony claw.
“Shhhh.” Her voice barely carried past the space between herself and the astromech.
She did not like being threatened. Least of all by a pile of rusting, broken metal. It was offensive. Her talon shifted, from the spot on her lips to the mech itself. There were hundreds and thousands of colourful threads running from various parts of the body to the top of what Acantha assumed was its head. “I wonder what happens if someone snaps your strings...” She mused softly as her talon danced from a red thread to a yellow one.
With a painfully slow and purposeful movement, Acantha flicked a talon, snapping the first wire. Something fizzed violently inside the mech, and a spark of bright blue electric light flashed from the cracks in its body. “Oh dear.” Acantha said, pouting just enough to make her lower lip droop as she snapped another wire. Another hiss, another spark. One after the other she cut clean through the strings, doing her best to keep the mech alive for as long as possible. And then.. the hissing stopped, the electric flashes fizzled out into nothing. The dim light behind the optic faded out into nothing.
She did not like being threatened.
YushaBot.png

Princess.

The word caused Domino's eyes to open wide before he turned back to Acantha with a shocked expression. "You're the King's daugh-" He cut his words, falling down to a knee and placing a hand flat over his heart. It was the Illyrian sign of fealty, his head bowed to the woman before him. "I'm sorry Princess, I didn't know." He corrected himself, but when she spoke of him saving her life he stood. He realized it now. She didn't want to be called Princess. He paused for a moment before offering her another smile. "Acantha then." He promised her.

In the control room, Domino had done all he could to see to their safety. In many parts of the ship were crash kits. The small metallic containers held a number of survival supplies that could help to save the life of those unfortunate enough to crash. Code cylinders worked as keys, however power was not needed to unlock the case, merely the cylindrical shape. After releasing the case from its hold, Domino pulled the large crate to the ground. He flipped the switches to the case, muttering softly to himself as he opened it to see the contents inside.

He exhaled in relief when he saw a small device that seemed in tact. An emergency transponder beacon. Domino flipped the switch on the device, watching the amber light glow in his hands. It began to flicker on and off, slowly. Domino stared at it for some time before finally tucking it into the pocket of his jacket.

Another blaster pistol was in the case, Domino took the additional charge pack but left the gun where it was. There was a survival pack as well, which held rations, water, a temporary shelter, and more. He tucked the remainder of the crate into the pack before pulling it onto his shoulder.

It took him some time, but not long after he came out of the room, turning to Acantha. She seemed to be taking some interest in the astromech droid in the corner of the ship. "R-3. He was an older model, not surprised he didn't survive the crash." He walked over to the droid and bent down, tapping a hand over the droid's head. "Spunky little guy. Come on Acantha, lets get you to safety." He placed a hand on the woman's shoulder before leading back down the corridor. As they moved down the corridor, Domino flicked on an illuminator that he'd found in the crash kit. With the halls lit it was a bit easier to move about, yet he still prioritized Acantha over himself.

This time their trek led them to one of the ship's exits. The only problem being that the power was still down. So Domino was forced to use another manual crank to open the blast doors. After it opened, Domino could feel the cool night air flow into the stale air of the ship. "Ok, let me just find the..." He searched around before his eyes spied a red lever running along the bottom of the door's. Pulling the lever, a rope-ladder fell from under the door, down to the planet's grassy surface. "Here, I'll go first." He told her, starting down the ladder.

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O
“R. 3.” Acantha repeated. “Spunky little guy.”
It fit him, the metal hunk that was now nothing more than just that. She no longer needed to ask Father whether droids could be sad. If they could threaten her, and blackmail her, then they could be sad as well. Giving it a few final prods, Acantha spoke again. “Spunky.” Poke. “Little.” Poke. “Guy.”
She was all too happy to abandon the empty shell of the mech that had once been R-3. Shame that she had to cut his time short, really. From Domino’s brief description and Acantha’s exceedingly brief meeting with it, it seemed like Acantha’s type of droid. She latched on to the hand Domino placed onto her shoulder and followed him back through the smaller corridor. There was something flashing a soft red hue in his pocket, but Acantha did not care enough to ask what it was.
An instinctual hiss at the sudden bright light was swallowed just in time. Acantha preferred to work in the dark. It was friendlier than the light, there were more places to hide, and more places to see unseen. Still, Domino seemed surer footed with the harsh manmade light reflecting off the metal walls. She could hardly complain at that.
Part of her wanted to speak out and offer the use of the force to help Domino with the crank. It looked awfully heavy, and something about the way he was moving told Acantha that he did not come out of the crash completely wound free. When the crank had been turned at the doors creaked open slowly, a gust of fresh night air filled the corridor. Acantha breathed it in deeply. There was something so inviting about it. Something that made her want to step off the edge of the ship and sore through the blackened skies above. “Okay, let me just find the…” But of course, she could not.
“Be careful.” Acantha implored gently as the ladder disappeared and thumped onto soft grass. It looked like a long, long way down from up here, and Acantha knew human legs were unreliable. Especially if one was already sporting an injury. On reflection, she truly could not have cared less whether Domino fell. However, while he was alive, he was useful. How else would she find her way home? She waited until she was certain she’d heard his heavy boots hit the grass, and then started down the ladder herself.
YushaBot.png

Domino's boots stepped into the smooth surface of Kriselist. He immediately turned around to scan the dark terrain that was before him. The wind blew hard, causing the grass to shimmer like an unnatural wave in the dark. It creeped the Pilot out, but he kept his mouth shut and instead focused on the landscape. So far as his flashlight pierced the darkness he could find no creature or native that may take issue with him. He heard Acantha coming down the ladder and glanced back up, speaking with a hopeful voice. "Glad we made it out of there. I've seen ship crashes end really bad when a Reactor gets nicked the wrong way. Here." He held his hand out to the woman, aiding her down from the ladder.

What happened next she may not expect. When she leaped down, Domino turned his back to her, letting her fall over her shoulders. He shifted, letting her sit on his back while he carried her forward. He'd done it as a gesture of kindness but...

"Man...you don't way a pound do you? Feels like I'm carrying air." He said with a chuckle. She was incredibly light, which actually made it a very easy task.

"So you're going to Naboo? I hear its really beautiful there." He chuckled a bit. "In the flight barracks all you here is the guys going on about wanting a nice girl from Naboo. They're supposed to have the prettiest women in the galaxy."

"You'll fit in well." He said, smiling up at her before clearing his throat. "Sorry, shouldn't talk that way to a Princess." The path they followed led up a hill, where a single tree stood prominently over the land. He was sure to shift his pack down low so Acantha could basically sit on it. However, when they came to the top of the hill, Domino leaned down so Acantha could climb down. Once she hopped down, Domino slid his pack off and sat down, leaning against the tree. His skin was growing cooler while a bit of sweat bled down his cheek. "Damn it...Just...give me a minute...and I'll set up a shelter...get you some food." He promised.

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O

“Yes, I suppose we are very lucky. I spent hours searching those passenger bays for survivors.” Or rather, she had spent the past few hours killing what remained of them. “I was certain I could smell smoke too. Fire never sounds like a good idea when you’re in something that flies.” Her tone was short, distracted as she attempted to command the body to place the feet where they were needed. Ladders were so much harder than walking.
She was grateful for the hand that Domino offered out as she neared the end of the ladder, though just as she was about to leap down… Domino totally surprised her.
His strong arms wrapped around her thighs and settled her weight against his back. Without even giving it a second thought, Acantha clung to him. Her slender arms slipping around his neck and locking there to keep her balanced. When he began to talk again, Acantha placed her chin on his shoulder. His voice was almost directly in her ear when she was sat like this. She could hear it rumbling her eardrums, and she could feel his chest vibrating with each word.
Though what Domino was saying was technically true, Acantha could not help but let her face fall at his following statement. She did not understand why he was apologising, so she chose to ignore it and focus on his earlier comment. “No. Illyrian women are more beautiful.” She said with firm determination in her sticky sweet tone. “Illyrian women, then Serrennian women.” Her chin shuffled slightly on his shoulder until her glass blue gaze found its home on his flushed cheek. Her next words were littered with amusement, and the hint of a giggle so pitched it could barely be heard. “And then I suppose we can add Naboo women on the end.”
Domino’s feet crunched heavily as they came down on the dew-covered grass. Acantha rather liked the sound. It was predictable and soothing. When they came to the top of a hill, he slowed down to a stop and lent forward to allow Acantha to slide off his back.
There was something strange about the way he sank down to sit on his haunches. Something different about the sigh that left his lips. It was exhausted. More so than she would have expected, despite their adrenaline-fuelled escape. Acantha kicked the bag slightly, enough to move it out of her way as she moved closer to Domino.
Acantha could smell the acrid tang of iron in the air, the same acrid tang that they had left behind on the ship. She could not tell if it was a lingering scent from their escape, or whether it was coming directly from Domino, but she could smell it clear as day. “I think you are hurt.” She said with some certainty in her tone. Shuffling until she was stood directly in front of him, Acantha knelt to his height and stretched out one of her hands. It was strange to see it garbed in pink coloured flesh, with ordinary looking nails at the ends of them instead of talons. One of her fingers poked gently at his cheek, then immediately withdrew. He was cold. Ice cold. And somewhat sticky. “You are most definitely hurt.”
An uncertain sigh fled her lips as she stood up once again. “I will set up a shelter for us and find us food. You should rest.” With some ease and a lot of the Malvern flair for the dramatic, Acantha unclipped the bag and threw it open. It was almost as heavy as her, and just less than half her size. She could have easily curled up inside it and simply used that as her shelter, but even if she broke every bone in Domino’s body, there was no way he was fitting in here. “What do I make the shelter out of?” Acantha asked, her tone slightly muted as she began to dig into the depths of the bag.
YushaBot.png

Something about Acantha made her enjoyable company. Well, she was an exceptionally beautiful woman, which went far in that department. Even more than that there was something about her that seemed so...pure. He couldn't trace it and didn't care to try.

He rested against the trunk of the tree, his eyes glancing up as Acantha poked softly into his cheek. He chuckled, swatting her hand away before shaking his head. "Nah." He muttered. He started to protest against Acantha making the camp, yet she proceeded to rustle through the bag, causing Domino to shake his head with a small laugh. "There's a small round bag in there, should be dark grey - almost black. Unzip the sides and there will be two handles. Grab them, when you do the bag will shift and show a metal spike." He rustled over his uniforms pants as if searching for something. "Plant the spike in the ground and twist until you hear a click."

Finally Domino found a small metal container. "Hurry back when you hear that click. The base will shoot up a few feet in the air, creating a canopy. Make sure you don't get too close to the tree." He said, tapping his elbow against the thick wooden trunk behind him. Domino let out an aggrieved sigh. For whatever reason breathing was getting just a bit harder. The bacta injections he'd given himself were still flowing through his system, but when they subsided he knew he'd get the full effect of the crash and the damage it had done to his body. Hopefully they'd be off this rock by then.

The Pilot opened the metal container in his hands with a soft click. The container opened to reveal a number of flimsi sheets. The very first page showed a drawing, nothing impressive, merely an amateurish sketch of the very ship that was now crashed into the planet's surface.

Domino glanced back up to the ship, cursing softly once again before unlatching the wooden pencil and scratching it against the paper. He made very clean, deliberate strokes, more akin to writing than drawing but it allowed him to sketch the image far faster than a more thorough picture would allow. "Its been a few hours now. Our ship's crash transponder probably went off as soon as we were in the upper atmosphere. Hopefully it won't be too much longer." He said, breathing out harshly.

His pencil quit scratching when he felt a breeze wash over the grassland. He was about to press the lead back into the flimsi when he heard a monstrous roar echo out from the darkness before them.

Domino cleared his throat, his hand falling to the blaster that was on his waist. "Acantha. Help me up." He said softly.

With Acantha's help, the officer was able to rise back to his feet, leaning against the tree with his blaster pulled from its resting place. "Stay close to me." He said, running a free hand over his brow, smoothing the hair back over his head.

illyrian300.png

TREASURE HUNT COMPLETED

Adron continued to lead the group down the path. However, it was quickly made apparent that the rocky cavern was taking a distinct rise.

The sides of the cave which were once cool to the touch were growing warmer by the moment. The Exarch pulled his lightsaber from his waist, bringing the blade back to life before turning back to Kyyrk Kyyrk . "I believe this path leads back to the surface." He told the Knight before continuing the rise to through the rocky path.

Not after long they found themselves staring at a wall of stone and dirt. It almost seemed as if this entire section of the cavern had been crafted by man and not some natural formation made by nature. The Exarch's hand came up, brushing against the solid wall. He could feel the slightest draft coming from simple cracks in the wall. A breeze meant air and air meant they had come above the planet's lower points. He held his lightsaber back while placing his hand upon the wall, pushing softly.

The Force gathered at his palm and immediately pulsed out. The Sith Lord's eyes opened with an amethyst glow. "I see them..." He all but whispered. The Force showed him every crack in the solid formation of the earthen wall, every weak spot that could be used to create a web of destruction. "Now." He said. He pushed on the wall as the unseen hands of the Force pushed at the location of the many cracks. The entire wall of dirt groaned as rock and dirt trickled down from the wall, falling onto the ground below. Soon the small rocks became large mounds of dirt as the wall crumbled before them.

The Exarch stepped back as the dirt crumbled away, allowing light to leak into the path they walked. He smiled softly before turning to Voph and the others gathered within. "I want these crystals harvested and sent to Nelvaan for study. See it done." He ordered them, before deactivating his lightsaber and stepping out into the open, windy plains once again. The Exarch smoothed his hand over his hair as he let the fresh air fill his lungs.

He loved a successful treasure hunt.
wrappingpaper.png

Strength till the End
With the treasures of the cave found, the party's expedition came to an end. Perhaps the legends of the treasure's wealth had been over-hyped. Wasn't the first time it had happened. Or perhaps the treasure had already been taken? It was anyone's guess. But to the Force Users of the Confederacy, a trove of Kyber Crystals was the next best thing.

Elsewhere on the world, the food fight was drawing to a close. Shots had been fired, pride had been wounded, but now the room came to a still. The ruffians responsible were collected, and pressed into service cleaning up the mess they had wrought. And yet, spirits were raised after a moment of merriment. Perhaps the world hasn't quite ended after all.

All in all, the day carries on. Some wins, some losses. Adventures undertaken elsewhere on the planet still continued, but the official Confederate activity was drawing to a close. Another day, another dollar...

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O

“Right!” Acantha responded in the positive as the top half of her body disappeared into the depths of the bag. It was dark in there, but Acantha was more accustomed to the dark than she was to the light. It did not take long at all to find the small round bag that Domino described. She hauled it out with a beaming grin on her face.
From there, it really was as simple as he had made it seem. The zip slid across the opening with a satisfying sound, revealing two shiny metal handles. It looked as though they were designed for fingers, but Acantha could easily fit three or four in there. With a gentle tug, she pulled the handles until the bag shifted in her grasp. A spike, just as described, but as she stood to find a suitable place to put it, she found herself distracted by Domino’s actions.
To Acantha, the sound of the pencil scratching against the paper was as loud as her own heartbeat. She could hear every line it drew, every curve it sketched. Domino did not look like the artistic type. “I’m sure once someone recognises the registration, we’ll have a whole host of rescuers desperate to find us first.” Acantha grinned innocently, but her eyes never faltered from his hands. “What are you doing?”
Unfortunately, her question was rendered moot. The wind shifted in the opposite direction, bringing with it a scent that was incredibly unfamiliar. She did her best to seem placid toward it, as though she had barely noticed the sudden and dominating musk that overtook their little campsite. It reeked, like the back of the stables at home on Illyria. Acantha could only assume it was one thing.
The sound of a beast did not so much as frighten her, but it did cause her to snap her head in its direction. Dinner, Acantha thought to herself.
Domino asked for her help, and Acantha readily abandoned the grey bag she had been clutching to provide it. Once he was on his feet, he seemed to find a little energy. Though she was, in part, desperate to admit to him that she could likely handle this beast by herself, she did not. Instead, she tucked herself behind his giant frame, like a mouse seeking solace behind the safety of a wall. “What is that?” She asked, with a falsified tremble in her tone.
YushaBot.png

sONRgM1.png

Tags: Acantha Malvern Acantha Malvern

"What is that?"

The question lingered on for some time until it floated
0de05e3ba571073b9d70b7ee094f1d3b.jpg
off into the night air, intermixing with the flowing winds. For a time Domino kept his eyes fastened to the darkness, his blaster pistol raised to the darkness with uncertainty. The growling was low and menacing, yet it was so damned loud it felt as if it was coming from all around them. Domino couldn't pin the source of the guttural growl. Domino's grip on his blaster tightened as he pushed off the tree, moving to stand in front of Acantha.

Then it breached the darkness.

A massive, lumbering beast with razor sharp horns jutting out of the crown of it's head. Domino gazed at it warily as it began to slowly stomp up the hill. With his weakened condition climbing the hill had been a painful endeavor, yet in this moment it seemed as if they were standing on an ant hill. "Ok..." He whispered out softly. "I have a plan." He told Acantha as the beast menacingly approached. "First you-"

He rocked back, pushing into Acantha as hard as he could manage. He threw her from her feet, directing her back down the hill while he yelled out.

"Run!"

Domino turned back to see that his rapid movements had angered the creature, causing it to fly into a mad charge. His legs were heavy with the medicine and bacta he'd taken. He wasn't even able to consider running. He raised his blaster, firing off three rapid bolts. Each one projected off the beast's thick hide skin, rather than deal any damage. Its only response was lowering it's head to shield its eyes.

At least Domino believed it was shielding it's eyes.

He heard it without ever feeling a thing. The beast stood right in front of him, still, save for the slow flapping of it's elongated tail. Domino dropped his blaster pistol, his eyes contorting in confusion. When he looked down he saw the beasts head and all the horns that flew from it. He followed the base of one of the horns directly into his gut, where a crimson stain was shared from his shirt to the horn ebony bone. "
Oh..." Domino muttered weakly, blood dripping from his lips. The pain came when he was lifted off his feet, as the creature raised its head in a triumphant roar. Domino cried out in pain, grabbing the bone to uselessly try and pull himself from the horns. He was too weak, his body shocked by the fatal blow.

When the creature finished its roar it shook his head and Domino came free, rolling onto the ground in a hard slam. His hands instinctively went to his gut as he cried out in pain, blood leaking from his mouth and tears falling from his eyes.

He felt his body going limp, none of his muscles were responding and his head was dizzy.

Was he dying?

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O

A natural musk intermingled with the dominating presence of sweat and salt carried through on the wind. If the roar was the envelope containing the details on this beast, then the smell was the wax seal.
“Ok…” Came Domino’s voice. She did not like how it sounded. Beneath the quiet, it was riddled with nerves and fear. At least he had a plan. Whether it was a good plan or not remained to be seen. Acantha turned her sea glass gaze up to him, perfectly mirroring that same terrified expression women possessed when faced with danger. Big, round, innocent eyes. Her human fingers curled uncertainly around his jacket. The silence was almost deafening. “First you-…”
She barely had time to register what he had said. Something hard and heavy slammed into her chest, and it took her a moment or two to realise that it had been Domino. Acantha stumbled on uncertain feet. Once, twice, before finding something caught underneath them that sent her tumbling to the ground. The grass beneath was cold and damp with dew, she could feel it slipping and sliding between her fingers, but that was a secondary thought.
“Run!”
Acantha, for a moment, did not know whether to listen to him or not. If she ran, she could save herself, but would she be dooming Domino to death? The beast itself was much like Acantha. There was only one thing on its mind. Hunger. As though something had snapped her back to reality, Acantha scrambled to find purchase with her feet. She would not run far, but she would run far enough to make him think she had. By the time she got herself upright and started down the hill at a healthy jog, the beast had charged.
She could hear its feet pounding against the damp dirt. She could feel the earth vibrating under its monstrous weight. Against her better judgement, she turned. Just to check to see if Domino was okay.
“Oh.”
His voice was like a cannon, echoing loudly across the barren plain, followed by a harrowing roar from the beast. Acantha could not see him, but she did not need to see him to know what had happened. The hill had been flooded. With an acrid, coppery smell that Acantha was incredibly familiar with. The little blackbird sighed. A deep, guttural sigh. She could leave him to rot and it would not be her fault. Father would see it for what it was, an attack by a beast that was not her. Domino might even get recognition for protecting a member of the royal family from certain death, but what good would that do him if he were dead himself?
She stood on the incline of the hill for a moment or two. Tapping her feet into the squishy earth beneath as she hummed over what to do. Save him or run. Save him or run.
Without realising it, the body had made the decision, with the shadow quietly backing it up. Acantha’s feet carried her back up the hill at a leisurely pace, as though she were simply taking a stroll. When she reached the top of the hill again, she was met with a grim scene. Domino crumpled on the floor, clutching a gushing wound. The beast standing proudly over him, its horn glistening with crimson dew. “Oh dear.” Acantha said, in the same sickly tone she had used for the spunky little guy. “Poor little chick.” A moniker her Father had grown accustomed to using when she failed, and a moniker that seemed to fit Domino perfectly in this instance.
Her voice attracted the beast, who’s great lumbering head had begun to turn in her direction the moment she had spoken her first word. Acantha did not notice it. Or ignored it entirely. Her focus was solely on Domino. He looked rather sad, and she could feel the pain rolling from him in waves, even if the shock was preventing him from feeling it. She could handle his wounds, or at least she thought she could, but first the beast.
It was scuffing its huge hoofs against the floor, leaving trenches of mucky brown sludge in its wake. Acantha, finally, turned to face it. As it readied itself to charge, she brushed off the flakes of mud from her dress. As it began to attack, she flicked her ebony locks from her eyes. Lowering its head, it seemed it had the same designs upon Acantha as it had upon Domino. Acantha could only giggle at it. A burst of sweet, trilling laughter that sounded much like the children in the Illyrian market had.
The horn got within an inch of her flesh, but before it could find purchase the raven wings upon Acantha’s back and burst free from their prison. A large wingspan beat heavily three times, carrying her up just enough to avoid certain death. With all the momentum put behind that one attack, the beast was unable to stop itself from overshooting. Its cumbersome weight carrying it far further than it had expected. Acantha took her chance in the split second it took for the beast to stop itself and turn around. The wings lowered Acantha to the ground again, but the feet that touched the floor this time were far different from the tiny human ones that had been there a moment ago.
Thick, dangerous talons protruded from three bony structures that grew from her heels. Acantha herself was covered head to toe in slick black feathers that ruffled as she settled. Her hands were now deathly looking claws, so sharp even glancing at them was likely to cause a wound. With near sickening speed, Acantha charged for the beast. Where it had left trenches, she barely touched the ground. Her body bent in a sickening way as she lent forward to gain even more speed. The beast noticed what she was doing and began its own charge, tilting its head down to brandish its horn once more. Acantha had been expecting it. The beast was nothing more than what it appeared. A beast. If the body had its way, she would have done the same thing, but she and the shadow were cleverer than that.
In the split second where the beast expected its horn to find purchase again, Acantha dropped to the ground. She slid across the muddy ground, sending sprays of thick brown liquid up in sprays. One clawed hand sunk into the ground to keep her steady, and the other she stuck gleefully into the soft spot beneath the beast’s chin. A shower of scarlet erupted from the wound, joining the splatters of mud across Acantha’s sleek feathers, but she did not care. Once the claw had made its mark, her teeth followed quickly after.
What ensued was almost like a slow-motion horror holofilm. If what the beast had done to Domino was grim, then what Acantha did to the beast was worse ten-fold. By the time she was done, you could barely recognize that it had been a beast at all, and while not quite as satisfying as humans, Acantha found her hunger sated. It was then that she remembered the limp and very nearly lifeless form of Domino. Acantha gasped to herself and broke off from her meal to find him.
When she did… he was almost dead. Almost. “Oh dear…” She said again, but in a far softer tone. She fell to her knees beside him and took in the damage. A million broken bones, a wound that would not stop leaking, and bang to the head that Acantha would have bet knocked a few memories out. “Now you really are hurt.” She was not even sure he could hear her. With this much damage, it was a wonder he was even alive. “That was very brave and very stupid.” She spoke as she ripped up the tattered remains of the dress that had once clothed her. The thick squares of silk she used to press firmly against his wound. "But don't worry, my hero..." Another giggle. "I'll save you back."
In a way, he was incredibly lucky that Acantha had decided to eat the beast. If she had been faced with this scene before she defeated it, then there was no doubt that Domino would have been her meal instead.
She had seen Father do this many, many times. When Acantha had grown out of hand and attacked the wrong person or had taken it too far with the right person. It was simple. Ebony eyelids closed, shutting out her sea glass gaze as she focused on the ebb and flow of the dark side. It surrounded them eagerly, always finding a comforting home in the wake of death. This was the shadow’s forte, and while it had no mind for healing, Acantha allowed it to take over. With expert hands, it drew its strength from Acantha as it commanded the dark side to stitch his wounds together.
By the time she was finished, he would be good as new, and she would be the same sweet princess he had rescued from the depths of a shipwreck. Acantha could only hope that his wounds had been severe enough to render him unconscious from minute one. Otherwise, there would be a lot of explaining to do…
YushaBot.png

Oblivion. That was where Domino was sure he was heading. His vision had gotten blurry, but not entirely incoherent. He could see so many things, but recognized little. Acantha returning? The Beast in a furry. Another beast, like a raven of darkness appearing from seemingly nowhere. No, not nowhere, from Acantha? Everything he saw was such a blur, such a mess that when finally he did pass out, he welcomed it. Domino awakened some time later, this time his wounds searing pain was something he could feel. He could not scream as one of his lungs seemed punctured, but he certainly tried.

When Acantha arrived the man was writhing slowly on the ground in immense pain. His hand was still instinctively pressed to the wound but that was all he could do for himself. He heard the princess speak some words, but they were muted to him, silenced by the pain he felt. The princess? The monster? What was she? What had happened. Suddenly....darkness overtook him. Was this the death he'd been anticipating? Again he fell silent and still. Acantha's influence over the Dark Side has activated something within the pilot, something that worked to maintain his body in such a shocked state. Where his wound has once been was now healed, though an odd mark was left behind. A portion of his abdomen was pitch black, his skin entirely recolored from the fair complexation it once held. Even more odd than that were a number of dark feathers that were erect, protruding from his skin. One by one the feathers laid flat against his abdomen, creating a smooth surface of darkness.

Domino remain unconscious, however only a moment after the man passed out for the second time there was a thundering roar over the area. A number of Dropships zoomed over the planet, encircling the area while bright spotlights illuminated the area around the two. There were several more of the beasts in the area, surrounding Acantha and Domino, seemingly preparing to attempt to gain a meal as the first had.

A repeating blaster cannon cried out, slamming into the planet's surface. The blaster fire split through most of the beasts while it caused the rest to turn and run from fear. One of the dropships came down to the planet's surface and almost immediately a team of armored Knights approached the two. They said nothing to Acantha and not a single one turned their eyes to Domino. Instead they scattered, searching the area and drawing their weapons to create a perimeter. That was when the voice called out.

Adron.gif

"You are fortunate that I was on this world at the time of your crash." Acantha's father announced with an interested look towards the man on the ground. "We came as soon as we heard of the crash." The King approached Acantha, holding a hand out to his daughter to bring her up from the grass and dirt below. "You are a mess." He remarked, before his hand came to her chin so he may inspect her closely. "I am glad you are unharmed, Acantha." He said, before turning to the man below. His eyes quirked when he noticed the man's wound. "The pilot." He said, bending down and running a hand over the smooth feathers on his abdomen. In sudden realization, Adron turning his eyes to Acantha with a bit of surprise. "You saved his life?"

She was capable of mercy? This was something that Adron had not anticipated. He had been worried Acantha's never ending hunger would be her downfall, but if she was capable of forming some understanding of mercy...then she may prove even more useful than he once believed. His amethyst eyes gazed over the man, exhaling softly as he contemplated the next step. The King snapped his fingers, causing one of his Knights to come to his side as he stood to his full height.

"He knows what you are." The man said before looking back to the Knight. "Kill him." The armored Knight raised his vibroblade before the King's amethyst eyes shined keenly. "Wait." The Knight paused, turning to the King. Adron narrowed his eyes at Domino, his mind becoming more and more clear as the moments passed. He fancied Acantha? Yet...he has knowledge of what she was. The King's eyes turned to his daughter for a moment in a silent unreadable gaze. Could he use this to empower the woman? He stared at his daughter for a moment before finally speaking once more. "Take the man aboard our ship. Have him transported to Naboo with us, there he will receive medical attention." The King declared.

The King held a hand out to his daughter as he guided her towards the shuttle. "We must have a talk, let us leave this world."

Acantha Malvern

SyGcfDz.png

B Y O O

As the ebb and flow of the force wrapped itself around the limp and lifeless form of Domino, Acantha mused to herself idly. The shadow was clearly putting all its efforts into saving him, but why? And why was Acantha allowing it? Domino was no different from any other human she had come across before, in the sense that she wanted nothing more than to devour him. Yet here she was, the perfect opportunity presenting itself to do just that, and she was saving him?
Perhaps it was the way he had looked at her when they first met. As though she were a porcelain doll covered in cracks and chips. Or maybe it was the way he had treated her, like a real princess. Nobody else did that. Not Father, not Mother… even the servants in the palace were too afraid of her to treat her in such a manner. Or, maybe, it was the fact that he had risked his life to try and save her. Incredibly foolish, as Acantha had already said to him. So foolish that he had almost lost his life, but it was brave. Charmingly so. It was normally Acantha risking her life, granted it was never to save someone, but being in a reverse situation was incredibly different.
Her father taught her everything she needed to know. About being a monster. The feelings that were currently swirling around in her mind were not monstrous. They were kind.
The shadow finished and allowed the body to lower the hands. Acantha noted how weak they felt and was surprised to find human hands on the ends of her arms when she looked down. That made sense. The next thing she noted was Domino’s wounds. The most obvious one had been knitted together, but there was something distinctly odd about it. It was almost as though someone had dropped a pot of ink onto his skin. Tendrils of ebony snaked across his stomach until most of it was as black as Acantha was, but that was not what concerned her.
There were feathers. Sleek, oily, beautiful feathers that sprouted and shot from his stomach at random. “Uh oh.” Acantha mumbled to herself.
This had never happened before. Then again, the shadow had never healed someone that was not Acantha before. In a mind panic, Acantha leant forward to inspect them further. So close to his stomach that she could see them rippling every time he took a breath. One of her hands had just crept forward to see what would happen if she plucked one when a deafening boom drowned out all her thoughts. Taken by surprise, Acantha scrambled over the top of Domino, assuming a form that one could compare to a predator protecting its young.
A look of confusion crossed her face. With the addition of several more beasts that had snuck up on her whilst she had been healing Domino, the sky was now littered with metal birds. Acantha glanced up but found herself quickly glancing away again when the burning white spotlights seared her eyes. She had seen enough to know. She recognized those ships. Or rather, their colours and the wolf baring its teeth emblazoned on their sides in raven black. Acantha dropped her defensive stance as the cannons on the ships shook the earth beneath her.
As they slaughtered the rest of the beasts or sent them running, Acantha did her best to smarten up a little. It had taken her exactly three seconds to figure out who had come to their rescue. It would not do to look as… grimy as she did. Yes, she was a monster. As best she could, she scrubbed the crusted layer of red from her chin with the back of her hand. The dress she had been wearing was unsavable, but she did her best to gather up what she could to preserve her human dignity.
One after the other, a team of silent Knights strode out onto the plane, weapons armed and ready to fight. Acantha ignored them, and they ignored her. They knew better than that by now.
At the sound of her Father’s voice drowning out the din of the ship’s engines, Acantha’s face lit up as bright as the spotlights. “Father!” Her gleeful voice called back, full of excitement and glee. When he offered a hand out to her, she took it gratefully and hopped up onto her feet. “This was so exciting. You will never believe wha-…” She was cut off, by her Father’s comment on her appearance. Acantha had the decency to look slightly abashed. When he took her chin, she stood stock still to allow his intense gaze to scan her form for injury.
“Why would I be hurt?” She glanced down at the body quickly, as though she did not quite believe it herself. “Hurt is for the weak.” She remarked simply. When her Father’s attention finally turned the pilot, Acantha found herself at a loss for words. She was certain she had detected a hint of surprise in his voice, as though he had not expected mercy to be in her repertoire. Acantha could only shrug, her innocent human features revealing her own confusion over the situation. As clear as day.
“He knows what you are.” Acantha’s face fell. She was certain he had been passed out, on the brink of death, how could he have seen? Even if he had, his head was so damaged he would not remember, surely? “He does?” She asked. For the first time since her birth, her tone was riddled with uncertainty. “Kill him.” Those two words were enough to set off a war in Acantha’s mind. No. Acantha screamed in her head. Yes. The shadow and the body retaliated. As the blade drenched Domino’s body in sickeningly bright light, the battle raged to a peak.
The human versus the monster and the darkness. The only physical display of emotion she showed was a slight twitch in her arm as the Knight began to raise the blade. “Wait.” A deafening word that brought both relief and contrite. Wait? Waiting was weakness, the shadow declared. If he knew who she was then they could not take the risk. Waiting was a sign of weakness, and they were not weak. Yet, neither is Father, Acantha reasoned. If he wanted to stay Domino’s death then there must be a reason. Her little human heart skipped a beat when her Father declared that he be taken to Naboo with them. To be healed.
“We must talk.” The feathers on Acantha’s back bristled. She did not know exactly what that meant, but the way Father said it sounded a little like she was in trouble. The ever dutiful daughter, she wrapped her tiny hand around his as they walked back to the ship, glancing back only once to look at Domino. The stench of blood in the air was so thick Acantha could almost feel it entering her lungs when she breathed, but it was different. In the adrenaline of the moment, she had not noticed it before. It was no longer a mixture of human and beast. In fact, all she could smell was beast. Her face riddled itself with confusion as she returned her gaze to the ship.
The feathers where the wound had been, the black skin that mirrored hers, the sudden loss of her most powerful sense… Even her deeply ingrained and ravenous hunger seemed to turn its nose up at the blood Domino was covered in. Something had clearly gone awry when she had attempted to heal him. Something that the shadow did had caused this.
Perhaps that was what Father was upset about.
YushaBot.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom