Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Arrow

Amara Zarides

Clones just wanna have fun!
[member="Enyo Typhos"]
“Less threatening, more helping,” Phylis grunted as the comm went off. She’d paid no mind to ‘Siobhan’ after the first look. No one had gainsaid her and she was busy at work.
“Cathar, I’m sorry, there’s time for names later, get on to the Jahangir Memorial Hospital, say Phylis Alince needs 7 measures of Type O Human Class A blood ready. Hurry. Kar’zun, get me your best sedative, I don’t want her coming to. Eldorai, get me some surgical implements. We have to get the burnt cloth out of the wounds.”

Work continued with unpleasant and painful results. Occasionally Amara would flinch or moan aloud even unconscious.
“I’m sorry, dear, we’ll get you better soon,” Phylis muttered.

Amara’s posse did as they were told, not saying anything which might reveal the truth, or interrupt the Jedi who clearly knew what she was doing.

After an hour or so, Phylis was able to take a breath as Amara was put into the bacta tank to promote healing.

“We need to get her to a hospital, but I’ve saved her life. She will need a blood transfusion, some tissue and muscle repair, and one of the bones in her foot repaired. So…I don’t remember you lot, are you new with Firemane?”
After all, that had been Siobhan, and here was an Eldorai and a Kar’zun. They were rare enough persons to see anywhere outside Tygara, Arkas or Firemane’s ranks.

[member="Amara Zarides"]

The Twi'lek struggled. There were dark circles before her eyes. In vain, she tried to form words. But it was futile. Finally there was no noise, no coughing, just absolute silence, for the invisible grip Enyo applied blocked any airflow to her throat. No air got to her larynx. Her windpipe clenched, making it impossible to breathe.

Panic set in, fear and anger were written across her features. On instinct, she clutched her throat. Her face turned bright red then blue. Finally her life functions ceased and she hit the floor with a loud thud. Enyo did not bother turn around to look at her. "Salvage her cybernetics. Then hang the body outside. Make sure the Kraal see it," she ordered emotionlessly. "And if anyone else makes remarks like that about my sister, send them to me."

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Amara’s crew exchanged looks. This was awkward. They knew that Enyo would have punished the Twi’lek for badmouthing Amara, and it was very much on their mind that they might be next if they said the wrong thing.

Finally Zar’kahn spoke up. He was too old for this guff and wasn’t going to pussyfoot around.
“Not long, this is one of our first missions with the boss. We’re from a special branch of the company. Now, let’s get Ami to that hospital.”
Phylis seemed to accept the story. After all, Firemane was a galactic megacorp. It’d be silly if one kept running into the same people from a company which probably employed tens of millions.
“Yes, get the bacta tank ready, I’ll get, hmm, everything ready.”
Soon enough a group of Mon Calamari came on board and loaded the bacta tank onto a hover-sled and it was winging its way back to the hospital.

Zar’kahn and Shoshary went with it whilst Faelar stayed with the ship and reported back to Enyo. This was another awkward moment. Fortunately she had good news.
“Boss, Amara is out of surgery. The Jedi managed to save her life, and the hospital is repairing her damaged foot and side. They expect she’ll make a full recovery. We, uhh, managed to recover the droid. Thought you might want to examine it, see if its chip held anything useful?”

[member="Amara Zarides"]

(You did not tag properly)

By now Enyo had calmed down a bit. Thus her expression was stony when Faelar contacted her. "Bring the droid and its chip to me," she said. "Does the Jedi suspect anything?"

"Uh, no, Boss. Zar'kahn covered for us. She thinks we're with Firemane," Faelar said, fidgeting a bit nervously.

There was a pause. "Good. Make sure Amara is guarded throughout. I will send someone for her - and to supervise the transfer of the cruiser."

Faelar swallowed. Her palms were sweaty. "We'll make sure she's safe, Boss. You got my word. Shoshary and I owe her our lives."

"Do not forget that," then Enyo switched off the communicator.

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Amara Zarides awakened. This came as a shock to her considering she thought she had been about to die. As she opened her eyes and stared up at the sterile white roof, then to the medical droids and controls she had a brief moment of panic that Archangel had snatched her away.

Her mind though was drawn to a human in the room, a woman in the brown robes of a Jedi. There too were Shoshary and Zar’kahn. That was more reassuring.
“Hmm, you’re awake. Welcome back, I’m Phylis Alince, Jedi Master.”
Focussing was hard, but Amara smiled. “Hi there, I’m Amara. I’m…uhh….”
“Faelar got a call from Siobhan at Firemane HQ,” Shoshary said pointedly. “She’s sending a ship to pick you up.”
Amara blinked, but she was smart enough to get the hint. “Excellent, did you tell Sio that our mission was a success? The Order of…uhh…Fire…will be pleased.”
It was a pretty lame deception, but Amara must have seen something about Enyo and mistook her for Siobhan. It’d give her more to troll her sister about.
Phylis smiled ever so slightly. “I’m sure they will be, hmm. Well, rest easy, Amara. I’ll be back to check on you before you leave.”
Amara tentatively touched her side. It was still there, but very numb. Good sign.

When the Jedi was gone she looked at her companions. “Good work. Keep an eye out in case our metal ‘friends’ want another go. And thank you…and Faelar too, where is she?”
“Getting instructions from…the boss.”
“Excellent. Well, I’m going to nap a bit more. I think…” she began.
Shoshary waited a moment, but then saw the blonde was already fast asleep.

[member="Amara Zarides"]

"Status?" Enyo had another call to make. The connection was not the best, but she could see Neda's hologram well enough, though it flickered occasionally.
"Mine has been secured. Set up turrets, replaced the crappy droids with ones that aren't chit. How'd things go with the lizards?"
"Acceptable," Enyo was really being talkative. "Put someone you trust in command on Gromas and go to Dac."
"You got someone for me to kill?" Her assignment had been dull, she needed some action!
"No. Amara was injured by an Archangel operative. You will pick her up from the hospital, make sure she is safe and arrange for the transfer of the bulk cruiser."
Neda looked a bit disappointed, then nodded. "Consider it done, Boss."
"One more thing: A Jedi called Phylis Alince helped save Amara from dying. She thinks we're with Firemane. Make sure she remains oblivious."

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Time passed, and soon enough Neda would arrive to collect Amara and take her back. Faelar, Shoshary and Zar’kahn would pilot the Quasar back themselves.
When Neda appeared Amara looked up at her. “Oh Neda, my favourite Zabrak, I’m so sorry to be a bother. I did kill the droid though. Well, destroy it. That’s what we do in good old Firemane!” she said, slightly louder when Phylis emerged.
“Ah, you must be Siobhan’s agent. Phylis Alince. Amara here is a fortunate girl. I’d suggest bacta every second day, keep her diet protein rich and make sure she doesn’t overdo things. It’s going well, but too much exertion could reopen the wounds.”
She didn’t seem to consider Neda was anything other than she said. Amara clearly knew and trusted her, and Siobhan employed people of all races and types.

[member="Amara Zarides"]

Neda looked the part of the muscular merc goon Siobhan liked. There was probably little difference between mercenaries anyway. "Firemane thanks you, Master Jedi. I'll remember to tell the Boss to go easy on Amara and not put her through her paces," the Zabrak said dryly. Given what Phylis knew of Sio's proclivities, she could probably imagine the double meaning.

"The Boss will be happy to see you're alright. She was very worried about you," she added, reaching out to ruffle Amara's impractical blond mane slightly. The girl reminded Neda a bit of one of her younger siblings. Sweet little Zara had not made it out of the slums of Kuat. Instead she'd landed in an early grave.

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
“Oh my,” Phylis said. “Well ensure that she does no major exertions for several weeks at least!” she added primly.

Amara meanwhile weakly flailed at Neda’s arm. She didn’t like people playing with her hair.
“Thanks…I’m glad to see you too. Shall we?”

And so they were off, vanishing into space with the Jedi Master being none the wiser.

However, she did sit down to jot off a quick message to Siobhan Kerrigan to keep her up to date.

Siobhan,
Neda has collected Amara as requested. She should be back to full strength within the month. The Archangel droid went with them too. It seemed quite advanced.
Though I hate to mention it, the surgery and hospital stay was quite expensive, could you please deposit the credits in my account? Invoice attached.

By the way, that new corvette was nice. Is that a new model of yours?

Your friend, Phylis Alince

It was standard practice for Mon Calamari to include the picture of the treated individual for corporate accounts. Companies like Firemane were vast in size.

And so Siobhan would receive a picture of someone who for all the world looked like Kaelin Isandros….

[member="Amara Zarides"]

When Phylis sent her message, Siobhan was in a meeting. To be precise, she was being briefed by a bunch of Firemane general officers and flag officers. A General was giving a holographic presentation. Various spots on a holomap had been marked. "The Galactic Alliance has crumbled like a house of cards. We cannot estimate the damage Coruscant suffered, but our intelligence indicates an SSD crashed into the surface and caused a huge amount of devastation. Last we heard, an Alliance remnant has retreated to Polis Massa," the general reported. "They will probably seek refuge in Outer Rim Coalition space."

"From galactic superpower to refugees in the land of smugglers and brigands," Siobhan muttered scathingly. "It's the price they pay for stabbing us in the back and going cap in hand to the imperialists. Fools." There were nods and murmurs of agreement. "What is the status on...," she did not get to finish her sentence, for her communicator beeped.

For a moment there was silence. She breathed in deeply, then out. "Everyone except Varkathras, Devotion and Kuwara leave this room. Now." Recognising the signs of an impending Firemane explosion, the officers quickly filed out. "Kaelin Isandros' clone was sighted on Dac. Pretending to be a Firemane operative! I want that queen dead!" Siobhan thundered. Her rage was so palpable that the table trembled and a glass of water was shattered into pieces.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Phylis Alince had returned to her work, not realising the hornet’s nest which she had accidentally disturbed. It was only when she was having a meal a few days later after a hard day researching and forging that she received a message on her datapad.

“Master Alince, could we please meet concerning your visitors. There’s more to what happened than you understand.
MTFBWY
Leonina V”

She read it, frowned. She knew Leonina Varkathras quite well, and that abbreviation down the bottom was how they tended to sign their letters.

She replied.

“Master Varkathras, of course we can. Please let me know when you are on Dac and you can come to the Wellspring. I’m in Docking Bay 14a, West Coral Spaceport.
MTFBWY
Phylis A”

With a frown she went back to look at the notes she had taken about Amara and her friends. Now she thought about it closer…had she been duped? An unpleasant thought.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

It was an unpleasant thought, but Leonina could not help reflect on the fact that it was probably for the best that Siobhan did not have full access to her powers at this juncture. It had taken a lot of time, effort and nerves to get the Lady to calm down. Her mood was still...extremely stormy, causing everyone to tip toe around her.

"Master Alince, I appreciate your cooperation. I will be on Dac tomorrow.
MTFBWY
Leonina V"

Indeed, the Cathar Force Master departed from the Arx right after transmitting this message. By her estimation, she should arrive on Mon Cal in the early morning hours. At least she'd be able to catch up on sleep during the trip through hyperspace. So without further ado she boarded an Order of Fire Vanguard transport and took off. Hopefully Phylis was a morning person. Regardless, Leonina would show up at the hangar the Wellspring was parked in. She had foregone wearing a uniform or robes and was instead dressed in civilian clothes. Though no spendthrift, she'd become a trendier dresser since recanting her Jedi vows.

Phylis was a morning person. By the time Leonina arrived the Jedi Master was already awake, meditating and testing her Force abilities. It was thus that she sensed her friend approaching, and lowered the ramp to meet her.

“Leonina! So nice to see you!” she said, giving the Cathar a handshake. She eyed her civilian outfit. “Travelling incognito, hmm?” That plunging neckline was plunging a bit too much for her tastes.

She led her friend on board. “Can I get you a drink or snack?”
Nibbles ran over investigate the visitor. He liked Leonina, despite her being a cat-like creature.

“So, tell me all about who this Amara person really was…and who that Siobhan clone was.”

[member="Phylis Alince"]

"As incognito as you are conspicuous, I suppose," Leonina responded. "Something to drink would be nice, thank you." Little Nibbles ran over to investigate. The Cathar bent down and petted the little rat, who licked her hand.

"Does the name Kaelin Isandros ring a bell? Sith, rapist, deviant psychopath. Beheaded by Siobhan for torturing her wife. Amara is her clone. Archangel made her. Participated in an Archangel raid on one of our mining facilities. No survivors. Personally murdered an Order of Fire adept." All of it was true, from a certain point of view.

"According to a reliable source, the Siobhan clone was created by Archangel as well."

“Hmmph, and yet they were fighting a Firemane droid. So once again their creation turns on them. For supposedly logical machines they do keep making the same mistakes.”
Little did she know that the clone family also had a surly punk-rock version of her.

She returned with some cold water for Leonina.

Kaelin…name rings a bell. I remember Siobhan discussing her. But, there’s one thing I have to tell you, Leonina; this clone was of the Light. I sensed her aura, she was near death, she did not know I was there. She was not concealing anything, especially not in the operating room. She had not fallen to the Dark Side, not at all.”

She paused, let out a ‘hmmph’. “You know, I was a little suspicious of the group, nor for any other reason than this ‘Amara’ was not the sort Siobhan would usually higher. I talked with her a little, but mostly her companions. They were guarded but they expressed an idealism and method I do not think is common in Firemane. That’s not an offence, hmm, but Firemane hires those who can advance their goals, they are a company. This seemed…different. Though when the Zabrak ‘Neda’ appeared she seemed very much in place.”

A pause. “Oh, I have some blood samples I took but didn’t use. Hmm, not sure if they’ll be any use to you, but you may as well take them. Also, there’s one thing more I took. I don’t know why I did, perhaps the Force was speaking to me, or perhaps some hidden unease. I took note of the ship registration and builder, mainly because it was nicely designed and I didn’t know if SYI Industries as a subsidiary of Firemane I’d not heard of. However, I did ask to inspect the droid and I had Six-Nine download a copy of the droid’s databanks before I gave it back to them. I’ll give you that too, it might give you some more information.”

[member="Phylis Alince"]

"That may be so, but she helped kill several Firemane employees. She's responsible for the death of one of our own, Danika Franec. Firemane doesn't let that slide just because someone has a light side aura now after going through the revolving door. And what we've heard about her partner in crime, this Enyo, has not been good," Leonina said calmly, but firmly.

When faced with the choice to be lawful or good, she'd choose lawful. The years she'd spent with the Jedi and the disappointments she'd endured during that time had left her more than a little jaded. "I'll take the blood samples and the droid data. Archangel has been...elusive. We've hit several of their bases, but they seem to have gone underground. SYI is not of one of ours. Do you know where it is based?" It seemed like a good address to hit up.

Phylis was surprised by the firmness her friend displayed. She nodded. “Hmm, yes, I guess so. Killing is still killing whether it be murder, manslaughter or malpractice.”

She frowned, going to her notes and rooting through them. “Coruscant, I believe. That’s where the ship was registered and where their HQ is. I have an address.”

She offered a data card to Leonina. “Coruscant makes sense too because the Eldorai and the Cathar girl…Feena and Sashana maybe…were rescued from there. I overheard that. Not sure about the Kar’zun, he didn’t talk much.”

“Is there anything else you need to know? Are you leaving right away? I wanted to show you some progress I’ve made on crystalline infusion!” Phylis seemed really excited about this. It was unclear if Leonina felt the same!

[member="Phylis Alince"]

In short, Phylis was lawful, but above all good. Leonina was good, but above all lawful. Anyhow, the bookworm looked excited. By contrast, Leonina was...not fascinated by esoteric pursuits. Or crystals. "I can't stay for long. I have a trail to follow before it gets cold. Otherwise Siobhan will have my head - metaphorically. But you can offer me a glimpse of what you've been up to."

Phylis enthusiastically led the Cathar into her work room and demonstrated two different sets of crystals. To Leonina they looked exactly the same, probably. A minute examination with the Force would discern a difference in the aura and structure.
All of this Phylis explained at great length and with considerable enthusiasm. It was 'Levitation in the Pre-Tythonian Period' all over again.

By the time she was finished she noticed her friend was getting restless. “I…guess you’ll be wanting to get going, right? Got to follow the trail. Well, thank you for coming by, it’s been great to see you again! Nibbles misses you,” Phylis said with a smirk.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

Phylis was enthusiastic, to say the least. Leonina was a straightforward woman and so she could not get passionate about arcana. She also liked Siobhan's indulging attitude, though she privately suspected that her boss mainly wanted to get into the Consular's pants.

Anyhow, eventually the stream of words about obscure esoteric things ceased. "He misses my treats," the cat woman said, giving the little rodent a fond pat. "It was nice seeing you again, Phylis, even considering the circumstances. Don't be a stranger, and good luck with your...efforts. May the Force be with you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom