Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Arrow

Amara Zarides

Clones just wanna have fun!
[member="Enyo Typhos"]

And so Amara came ‘home’ at last. By the time the Quasar docked with their mobile base she was well enough to stand and move around slowly. However, she knew she’d have to meet her sister. She wasn’t afraid of Enyo, after all she’d won, but she was kinda afraid of the inevitable lecture she’d get.

Steeling herself, she took a breath and then headed inside her sister’s office. In deference to the fact that she was injured there was a single chair there.

“Hi Enny! See you dealt with the hoarding hordes, good job. So, what’s next?” She was cheery as always and smiled at her sister.

[member="Amara Zarides"]

Enyo was opposed to chairs. She was of the opinion that they bred sloppiness. It always vexed her when she caught someone slouching. Or with their boots propped up on a table. Thus her office tended to not have a chair. Even for herself. After all, she did not get tired. Since Amara was injured, she'd decided to make an exception.

Regardless, a wild Amara appeared! After the cheery blonde had crossed the threshold, Enyo did something unexpected. She gave her sister a hug. Well, it was a very light hug because she'd probably be crushed or at least in a good deal of pain if Enyo gave her a full hug.

"I am glad you're alright. I was worried," the Cyborg actually sounded...emotional. Kind of. She stepped back, examining Amara with a critical eye. "You got hurt." Coming from her, it sounded accusatory. "You should have been more observant. You were almost killed. Why did your minions not help you?" She had her suspicions about the Cathar and the Eldorai...

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Amara was not expecting a hug. She expected the comforting and worried words even less. She was about to say ‘who are you, and what did you do with Enny’ when the lecture began. Things were back to normal quickly.

“Almost, but wasn’t! Besides, I destroyed the droid.” She produced the head. In deference to the fact it was creepy to carry around what looked like a human head she’d had the organic covering removed.
“I sent them away, they’d only get in the way.” She frowned, concerned that was a little unkind. “And because I didn’t want them hurt.”

“But I’m better now. I don’t think that Jedi suspected anything until we were gone. ‘Course, if she calls Big Bad Sio she’ll know she was hoodwinked. Shame, she was very good to me.”

[member="Amara Zarides"]

"If you coddle them like that, they will always only get in the way. They must pull their weight," Enyo reprimanded Amara sternly. "You're too kind for your own good. And no matter whether Alince was good to you or not, she is a Jedi and Siobhan's friend. Thus she is not our friend."

She accepted the profferred head and examined it. Digging into the skull, she removed the chip. "I will examine this. Archangel only lets its drones know what they need to know, but it may contain useful intel. I am glad you're alright. You must take it easy until you're back in combat shape."

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Amara nodded. “You know, I really like it when you show me concern, but it’s also kind of weird.” She shifted, winced.
“I guess you’re right, but I don’t like to see people I care about hurt. I would never sacrifice you, or our siblings. My crew are my concern, but this is a dangerous business, and I knew logically they’d not do anything against the droid. I was the only one who could take it on.”

“So what now? We’ve got a horde of lizards which is good, but Archangel is still around.”

[member="Amara Zarides"]

In response to her first remark, Enyo gave Amara a look that pretty much read 'I do not know what to do with this information'. "You are my sister. You are important to me," she finally said in a matter-of-fact tone. Why were emotions and siblings so difficult? She had yet to find an answer to this question.

Fortunately, she decided to desist with lecturing Amara further. "We have the manpower to face Archangel on an even playing field. Especially since the Contingency assault on Elysium destroyed most of their fleet. We shall gather our forces and go on the offensive. And turn Moira to scrap." Of course, this assumed that Archangel would not strike first...

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Amara slowly got to her feet, patted Enyo on the shoulder.
“Well sis, give me two weeks and I’ll be right there with you. This time they’ll be no escape for robo-mum.”

She turned and headed for the exit, paused. “We’ve come a long way, you and I. One more step and the first race is done. I won’t say it’s been fun, but I’m glad it’s coming to this point at last.”

[member="Amara Zarides"]

"Same." She did not want to get emotional. That was something she had trouble handling. "You have been a good sister. The best." There was an awkward pause. She cocked her head slightly. "Rest now. I'll have someone make something for you to eat." Food was important for organics, after all. There would be no fast food though.

Amara Zarides

[member="Enyo Typhos"]
“You owe me a nerfburger still,” Amara joked as she limped away. She’d of course snuck herself some fast food, but officially she was still waiting for Enyo to give her one. It had been one of her first jokes when waking up.
“And thanks, Enny, you’re the best sister too.”

And with that the thread came to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom