Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The raging judge and the relentless jury (revolving shot gun pistol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Image Source:
http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/83005.jpg

83005.jpg

Intent: to create a unique weapon for personal use
Development Thread: Oh hell yeah
Manufacturer: [member="Taneas Haring"] [member="Shane Sisko Skirata"]
Model: Judge and Jury (revolving shotgun pistol)
Affiliation: [member="Taneas Haring"]
Modularity: ammunition, chamber
Production: unique (2)
Material: Beskar, gun parts

Classification: Slugthrower
Size: handheld
Length: 35cm + 5cm
Weight: 2.6kg
Ammunition Type: .28 gauge
Ammunition Capacity: 5
Effective Range: 18m

Rate of Fire: double action semi auto

Special Features:
Long barrel (5cm)

Lightsaber resistant
Holographic laser sights []
Laser

Description:
Designed and crafted as a personal firearm built with stopping power in mind. The old model look of a revolver slugthrower is thrown off using the more updated vac weapon. A bounty hunters tool that fires a projectile filled with dozens of extremely sharp smaller projectiles and creates a spread within 18 meters more akin to an anti fight flak cannon. The slugs are fired using compressed gas and the accelerated with magnetic coil giving it powerful speed and ability to pierce all but the toughest of armors within close range akin to an anti material rifle.

There is an inscription on both guns one been the raging judge and the second been the relentless jury. These weapons of justice are unforgiving to those whom are at the other end including a force user due to the ammunition and power behind it. On top of the guns is a homograph sight with a green crossheir. When using both the guns simultaneously there is also a green laser to help aim the guns. to help achieve the grater ranges the barrel of the gun was made longer than originally designed giving the projectile travel a further distance.

Primary sources:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Judge(weight, length )
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wrist_vac
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Verpine_shatter_gun

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Sanya Val Lerium"]. I'll be your judge today. :)

Nice idea for a powerful handgun, but it'll need some work to pass.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Length: 7.5 inches

Sanya Val Lerium said:
barrel of the gun was made longer than originally designed giving it 3x the further distance.
  • All measurements must be in metric.
  • The base length is too short. Think more in the 30 cm+ range.
  • It would require a significant increase in barrel length to achieve the described difference in range, but I don't see that reflected in the length, weight, or effective range brackets. Please sort this out.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Weight: 820g
  • In conjunction with the length and all the necessary edits, I'll have to ask you to increase this as well. Around 2~ kg should be fine.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Ammunition Capacity: 6
  • With .28 gauge in play, five is much more likely, unless you're going to further increase the size of the weapon.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Rate of Fire: 468RPM
  • This is entirely too high. It's a revolver, and with all things taken into account... let's say around 20 RPM.

1. There's also the issue of magnetic coils; it's a revolver, not a coil gun. The two are not compatible, not to mention that having it be a coilgun would require special ammunition. Pick one or the other, and edit the sub accordingly.
  2. Given the size, weight, and ammo of this weapon, I hope you realize the recoil would be quite significant.

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Netherworld"]

Links with the reference to weight and rpm are added with slight tweaked in sub

Lowered the ammunition

And also magnetic coils are Canon and nothing really states that it's limited to type of gun or progectile device. My example and link to what popped up when I searched star wars magnetic coils (I read through them before linking)

Netherworld

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Sanya Val Lerium said:
http://callofduty.wi...iki/Executioner(RPM)
http://starwars.wiki.../wiki/Wrist_vac
http://starwars.wiki...ine_shatter_gun
  • The first one is a Call of Duty link, so I fail to see how it's relevant.
    Please edit the submission accordingly to reflect what I asked. The weapon is relatively light for the round it's chambered for, and it's a revolver.
    With the recoil and reload incorporated into the rate of fire, this weapon couldn't be shot safely at more than 30 RPM, and that's the top estimate.
  • The Wrist vac shoots blades, which has nothing to do with the contents of the sub as far as I can see.
  • The shatter gun works on a system of magnetic/gravitational coils, which doesn't merge with your revolver/shotgun hybrid very well, as they work completely differently.
    You'd encounter all sorts of issues trying to splice them together into a single gun, and it would require further increase in weight and size to account for the power cells and gas storage, not to mention the timing of the different systems, the triggers, etc.
Sanya Val Lerium said:
https://en.m.wikiped...ki/Taurus_Judge (weight, length )
  • If you intend to reference the RL model, this would be more appropriate, since it's what your gun is clearly modeled off of.
    You will note the stats in the table at the bottom of the page.

1. Netherworld said:
    Given the size, weight, and ammo of this weapon, I hope you realize the recoil would be quite significant.
    • Please address this point in the description. It becomes doubly relevant if the shooter is using one gun in each hand, to the point of potential wrist damage.
  2. If you wish to combine the revolver system with the verpine shatter gun system, I'm going to ask for a small dev thread of 10-15 quality posts where you explain how the two merge and work together.

Netherworld

I'm afraid combining the two developments like that defeats the purpose of the requirements in the first place.

This is the beskar individual requirement;

Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))
And I asked for this;

Netherworld said:
If you wish to combine the revolver system with the verpine shatter gun system, I'm going to ask for a small dev thread of 10-15 quality posts where you explain how the two merge and work together.
If you want both, then you will have to do both. No cutting corners. 20-25 for both, and if you keep the beskar, you'll have to further increase the weight of the weapon.

Tag me when it's done.

Netherworld

What is the status of this submission?

If the development thread isn't done in the next 48h hours, this will get archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom