Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Queens Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
asd_zpsrunr9ndy.jpeg

Name: The Queens Rangers
Intent: To have a fun unit based on history to play with. As well as add background and variety to Mandalorian Forces.
Affiliation: Jack Raxis, The United Clans of Mandalore
Availability: Unique
Quality: Elite
Type: Light Infantry, Skirmishers.
Strength: Two company’s, 80 Rangers total
Description:

Queens Rangers were originally from the highest class of warriors upon Hapes. Personally picked from the top tier of the Hapan Queen Mothers Royal guard, and taught how to utilize guerilla warfare, and Skirmish tactics to a tee. Many senior Rangers that were gifted in the force travelled to Dathomir, to learn the arts of the White Current, Manipulation of Nature and Illusory spells. Each Ranger carries a Longrifle of Slughthrower design, a Vibro Tomahawk, and a Plasma bow.

They were never used much in the wars, more as a patrol and law enforcement agency in the backwaters of The Hapes Cluster.

Then the One Sith came to Hapes. Under the leadership of a notable Ranger Talia, whose last name is unknown, they rose up and deserted their ranks. The Rangers tired of seeing their people mercilessly abused and puppeteered by the agents of the One Sith launched a Campaign to take back control of the Hapan system. They laid waste to local garrisons and assets, setting traps and luring entire patrols to their doom.

Unfortunately the tides turned, as the Hapan Queen Mother sought to save face with her Sith overlords and reign in the Wild Rangers. A task force of Sith Soldiers, Inquisitors and Hapan Royal Security forces was sent out, to exterminate or capture them. They resisted until the end, making their enemies bleed out slowly. In the end it was a defeat. In a last stand they reached out for help to the Mandalorians, sharing a common warrior culture and believing the Republic to be too weak to help them.

Jack Raxis led a strike team of Smugglers and Mando'ade with a small fleet of Vessels to Hapes. As their final battle raged, he managed to collect and ferry them away, taking them back to Mandalore where they would be safe, until such time as Hapes was free again.

In a debt the Rangers pledged their services to the United Clans, and Jack Raxis when he needed them. In an homage to their heritage they retained their name and they now train, live and fight alongside the Mando'ade, teaching their tactics and mixing strategies to provide a diverse mix of capabilities on the battlefields.

---------------------​

Links:

Ranger Gear:

1x Vibro-Tomohawk

1x MX-1 Sniper Rifle

1x Plasma Bow

1x Flex Armor

Typical Force Spells:

Force Illusion

Note: Only Squadron leaders have achieved this power through strenuous study. That makes 10 Individuals who posses it. It is used in two primary forms. To make it appear to be double the amount of Rangers than initially thought. Or to set up cover until an ambush can be initiated.

That is it's only two uses.

Development Threads:

A Trip to Hapes... (Mandos/Sith/Smugglers/ALL!)

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Alright, as far as things go this submissions is alright. However; I have strong concerns over two details.

A.) They're elite quality yet uncommon availability.

B.) They have access to force powers.

You currently do not have enough development for my to approve them with a combination of the above. If you want them approved with 15 posts of development you're going to have to drop the force powers and bring them down to rare availability; and drop the strength from 160 to somewhere around 80 at most.

On another note, these NPC are able to use White Current which is an extremely high-level force ability. Like it is one of the ultimate force powers. I'm not rightly sure that's something I could even accept. At least not without an undeniable level of development.

If you want a force-sensitive unit. I'll ask that they be unique and that you bring it up to 20 posts. Otherwise I can accept rare at 30 posts. However; you'll need to find different force powers. As Force Illusion is also a high level ability. You have to understand, that few people are going to be alright with 160 guys running around using high-level powers that canonically have been reserved for masters.

Otherwise you could get rid of the force powers, keep them at elite, but drop them down to rare and 80 strength.

[member="Boethiah"]

Changed to Rare and 80 Rangers.

Dev thread ongoing. Wasn't planning on using them to swarm the enemy lol.

I'd like to keep at least illusion then.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Here's what I'm willing to do. I can't approve the full illusion, because it's a very powerful ability even for just one person to have. However; if you can write in your own way--a much weaker version of that power--in the description, I might be willing to approve it at 30 posts of development. It really depends on how you describe it, how the unit utilizes it, and what the limits are.

Because frankly, if you're gonna have a force sensitive unit each of them ought to be weaker than your standard acolyte or padawan.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

That particular force power is one I'm quite familiar with, as it's one I used frequently on Anja to one extent or another. I understand that it differs from roleplayer-to-roleplayer, but that is also why I'd like to you to specifically describe the limitations of the power; because it's vague and can be roleplayed in many forms. You have to understand, I cannot approve a submission that is very likely to be reported right out the gates.

My responsibility as a judge is not to hinder your creativity, but to ensure that it can be properly supported by staff through the means of submissions. If I approved this and it got reported, I'd not only be doing you a disservice but also would lessen the trust between the community and the Codex team. It's not personal, but hopefully that explains why I'm requesting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom