Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Purge | Mandalorian Empire

[member="Tamara Wren"]

It would have stung, those words.

If Ronan did not have similar thoughts and had them for many years already.

"It was always there, little runi." Ronan looked away, back to the embers, trying to find something there. "It just took one of our best to become one of our worst to reveal it to the Galaxy." It was unclear if he meant Monroe... or if he meant Ra with those words. But it mattered not- the course had been set and now there was only one option for them to go forward with.

Ra was Vizsla.

Ra had the Clans behind him and had defeated Monroe.

Ra was Mand'alor by right of blood and right of conquest. He did not voice any of this to Tam. She was too young, still, it was never Ronan's way to shield her from hardship. But this was politics and Tamara had enough to worry about, before he put his own worries and responsibilities on her shoulders. He did not look back anymore and Tam would know it.

The audience was over.

Kad Tor has weighed this decision carefully, but there was no other way. While it had been there secret there was no way around it. Kad Tor has healed [member="Artemis Lux"] and not with the skill of a battle field medic. Ra wanted the curse purged from their people, and while Kad had never seen it as such, nor had he ever relied on it, the warrior would never stand against Ra. How could he when he was the only one to have brought the Justice everyone wanted to see.

”You will be seen now. She is ready,” one of the medical team came out to where Kad had been waiting. There was only one person he trusted to do this procedure and when he had heard she was going to be aiding in this purge, Kad went to her. [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] did not know Kad was there, nor did she know he’d requested to be here first patient.

He nodded as he stood from where he had been sitting. Kad had surrendered his weapons as instructed and was in his kute. The strong warrior was nervous. What if this didn’t work? What if he died? Arty would follow him to the underworld just to kill him, but Kad had to do this. It was for them and their future.

”He’s here, Briika.”

Kad walked into the room with a bumbling grin on his face. She knew his secret, and while she had kept it this whole time, Kad wasn’t going to make her carry it any more. There was an awkward silence as Kad didn’t know what to say. He just looked his sister in the eyes and nodded. They would have an understanding.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
It was time. The first Force-sensitive Mandos were to be cured of the 'disease' and Briika was to be one of the medical professionals to just that. She had had the whole is it ethical - moral debate with herself many times since Ra had made his decree, but in the end it was the right thing to do for the Mando'ade... Or at least she hoped so. Only time would tell.

A light tap to the baar'ur's armored shoulder brought the golden blonde out of her wistful thoughts. "He's here, Briika."

Briika turned and looked down at the datapad offered to her by the medical assistant. The Tor-Munin's azure orbs stared at the name on the patient chart, [member="Kad Tor"], then her blue-green eyes rose to meet those of her younger brother's pure blue. She flashed the sandy brown-haired goran a reassuring smile, then motioned for him to lay down on the lounge-like chair in the procedure room.

"Su'cuy, vod'ika. I am glad you came, and I'm here to help you go through this," Bree greeted, giving his forearm a loving squeeze after Kad got settled in the chair. She knew taking the cure was a hard thing for the younger Tor to wrap his head around, but something he had to do; for him, their clan, and their people.

"I know you read through the consent form, but let me just go over once again what to expect," the seasoned medic said.

"After I inject the serum containing the Dau directly into your bloodstream, the creature will begin to seek out the nearest cell and begin the process of severing the Force from your body. It may take four to seven days for the creature to 'infect' every cell. During this time period you may experience some discomfort, confusion, distress or negative feelings, but I can give you medication to lessen the symptoms if need be. Everyone experiences it in their own way depending on how strong you are in the Force. Also, I know you may be thinking of starting a family in the future," she grinned a little at the musing of him making her an aunt hopefully with [member="Artemis Lux"]'s help. Briika thought the world of the Lioness of Dxun, and would be honored to have her as a sister-in-law; Manda willing of course!

"The Dau can be passed on through body fluids to anyone who might come into contact with them so Arty and any offspring will also receive the cure by association in that manner."

Briika knew her brother was Force-sensitive, but wasn't sure if his cyar'ika was.

"When you're ready, I'll begin the treatment."

"Better you than some butcher," Kad said...

Thank you, sister.

Kad took to the chair annd listened as she explained the potential side effects of the treatment. All he could think was [member="Artemis Lux"] was going to be furious he did not discuss this with her, but they had yet to see each other since their tryst. It felt so long ago now, and with the war over he was looking forward to a reunion. He desperately wanted to tell Briika, but Artemis had instructed him that she was not ready for everyone to know about them. Maybe just telling Briika wouldn't hurt, would it. She was bound to see the necklace he wore, which Artemis had given him Briika would ask, and if she did, Kad would be honest.

"You can begin now. You and Vilaz have kept my secret for far too long, and I cannot ask you to bear it any longer. This is as much for you as it is for my future, ner vod'ika."

[member="Briika Tor-Munin"]

At Clan Namadi camp
They had come. Rhaenys watched as the militia moved through the Namadi plains, making swift way towards the people. Soon enough, Mothers and Fathers began to scream as children, brothers and sisters began to be dragged away. Her own mothers stepped out, standing beside her. "What is the meaning of this?" Her mother had asked as they watched. "It is the purge. The liberation," Rhaenys responded calmly as her own two children joined them. Rheagan came to stand beside her while Khalia reached for her mother, wrapping her small arms around her waist.

At last, they came before the Namadi themselves, staring at the small gathering before one of the militia men pointed to Khalia. It surprised Rhaenys, her head lowering to the child. Khalia began to tremble at her side. "Stop this, buir!" Rheagan told her suddenly, confirming what she thought was impossible. "You knew." The woman voiced her realization. Her son lowered his head immediately as a rage formed on her face.

Without a seconds consideration, she pulled at her daughter's hands and pushed her ahead. "Purge the tainted. Clan Namadi will not be riddled with this disease anymore." Her own Mother, Mara, attempted to speak but Rhaenys only raised her palm at her, without so much as looking for her. The militia man had already reached for the teenage girl, who was still screaming for her mother. "Your daughter will be purified and returned to you," one of the man spoke. She only nodded as she reached for her son, walking away from the gathered crowd. He would protest and he would argue, for even with his strength, Rheagan protected his sister. She would be purified, there was no other option.

Namadi Camp

The tent was empty, mostly. Just a small fire, pots and pans and the remains of a meal. Hastily made, hastily eaten. They were getting ready to leave. No doubt, if given another night, they would have disappeared, never to be seen again. It was a good thing they hadn't given them another night. Three of them. Three of the accursed scum in one family. They'd have to keep a better eye on this. The two little ones huddled in the corner, wide eyes staring at the green-skinned woman, clad in blackened armor and grasping a war ax in her hand. Cold eyes shifted between the children and their father. "Kingan, I'm going to ask you to come quietly." Her voice carried steel, a cold tone betraying her resolve. She knew the man was her better. But she would not falter.

They were a blight, and they would be cured.

Kingan growled, a low, horrible sound like grinding metal. "You won't take us. I know your cure. Nothing more than a blaster to the head!" The children stopped, looking to their father in shock. What was he saying? Were they in danger?

"It won't kill you." Her voice was calm, even. "Adora's assured us of that." I wish it did. The thought crossed her mind for a brief moment. It was better for them to be gone than to risk the chance of them coming back. Was there some way to cut them off? She didn't know. "Come quietly. Last chance." His response was a telekinetic wave, unrefined and raw, sending her flying, causing her to crash into the supports. The building shook as Listralli forced herself to her knees. "So we're playing that way, huh?" Her left hand drew a disruptor pistol, firing a shot at the man. No mercy for the traitor. That was what had gotten them here. She watched the bolt sink into his armor, dusting it. She smiled and charged.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
TSA Center - Treatment Area

Briika nodded, then rolled up her brother's sleeve on his kute exposing the forearm up to his elbow where he had a big, fat vein.

"Well that is what family does for one another. I am glad though you chose to take the 'cure' on your own... I would not have wanted to be put into the position of mandating you to do this."

The Baar'ur prepped the skin with an antiseptic wipe where the prepared Dau serum would be injected directly into [member="Kad Tor"]'s blood stream, then waited a moment to let the area dry off. During that time, the golden blonde's azure eyes wondered to something that was sticking out of the top of the goran's collar.... It was a leather cord.

Funny Briika had never seen Kad wear one before. Like any sister, curiosity got the better of her and she reached over and pulled it out from it's confines... On the end of it was a big tooth and not just any kind, but a zakkeg's. If memory served her right, and Bree had a good one for details, that same necklace used to be worn by none other than the Lioness of Dxun, one [member="Artemis Lux"] to be exact.

Wheels began to turn in her head, then a small grin began to form on the edges of the older Tor sibling's mouth.

"Oh vod'ika.... Are you and Arty going steady now?" she inquired with a teasing look just before activating the hypospray. It was a good distraction by the face her brother made. It was very endearing, and more so telling. Finally!

"Um so what did you give her, hmm?"

"I would have left before you could have," Kad said. Briika knew he was stubborn enough to do just that if he had his mind set on avoiding the cure. There were many reasons why he was doing this, but only one truly motivated him. Kad still remembered the look on Arty's face when she realized what he had done, how he had healed her. It had been a Jedi who ended the life of her husband, and Kad wanted to remove himself from anything that resembled the pain of her loss.

Kad looked up to [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] and saw where eyes had landed. He quickly covered his shirt, but it was too late. She had seen the bit of necklace that [member="Artemis Lux"] wore bearing the tooth of the Zakkeg they had killed. There were parts of that night Kad wished he could take back, but in the end all had been forgiven and Artemis was his. It was that exact question Briika was asking, and Kad could never lie to his sister.

"More than," Kad suggested. "You will tell no one because Artemis has made me promise secrecy, but are lovers."

It was news Briika would like to hear. She had been hpoing Kad when Kad had ended his drinking it meant he was pursuit of the noble Lioness. Everyone had noticed his handiwork on the beskar'gam she wore on the hunt or into battle. As Artemis had said, all of Dxun had made bets as to when the two would be found tangled in the sheets laying in each others arms.

"I had no time to give her anything. When we woke there was a loud bang on her door informing us that Ra had called us to war. The Alderaani were threating to move in on Onderon, so Artemis remained behind to help relocate the camp to Sundari. We haven't seen each other since I left to fight, and seriously... you cannot tell anyone."

Kad shot Briika a look which meant he wanted to hear her say it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom