Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Prodigy

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Nestled in the center of a group of towering boulders, a large clearing made itself well hidden. The small valley was shaded from the outside world. Sure, it was still lifeless and bland, but it was hidden. And so, this was the perfect place for Elise Vizsla to meet the person she was always most excited to see.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr .

She pulled a cloak over her shoulders, breathing lightly after setting her armor aside. She usually wore her beskar'gam at all times, but she could not deny the way she felt the blood rush to her face when she wondered how Malum would compliment her outfit this time. She pulled her hood over her head and felt the arid wind howling through the small spaces between the rock walls. She sighed, remembering how many trees she had planted this morning in Keldabe. Hopefully, this valley could be springing with life in the coming years.

Elise bent down and rummaged through her pack, pulling a small object from it. The black, beskar plated object hummed through the Force, reminding her of the krayt pearl within. This lightsaber was once her mother's, only to be passed down as a gift. It had been in the night that Gwyneira Krayt-Vizsla came to see her, overjoyed that her daughter was safe after her defection from the Enclave. They hugged, as Elise revealed that she learned better control over her Psychometry. And so, her buir embraced her, then placed the lightsaber in her hands.

"You're a remarkable Mandalorian, and you're finally developing more as a Force User. Perhaps, it's about time you started researching lightsaber combat properly. In order to defeat your enemies, the Jedi and Sith, you must understand their tactics."

"But... what if... I didn't want to fight anyone?"

Elise looked down at the lightsaber with a somber expression, frowning as she remembered her response.

"We have no choice, in a galaxy like this. It's kill or be killed, so as a Mandalorian, learn to kill. It's your only hope."

Elise clenched the lightsaber, gritting her teeth. Her mother may have given into despair and bitterness, but she could not. Not yet. She wanted to find a way to truly improve this wretched galaxy.

It was then that Elise felt a familiar presence in the Force. She turned around, cloak flowing in the wind, and tucked her lightsaber behind her back. She wanted to reveal it later, after they exchanged blissful hellos.

"Malum!"

Elise blushed, taking one of her more feminine poses as she tried to see him through the sunlight. Trying to flirt and see through Mandalore's unforgiving sun was difficult. She wound up bringing her free hand over her eyes as she sighed.

"Stupid sun! Walk into some shade so I can see you, huh? Kark it, I wanted to-"

Her blush intensified. She was hoping to... impress... him today. Malum was a busy man, a lord over a world, and a shadowy hunter. He needed something soft in his day, in a galaxy of gritty politics and war. Well, her perfect stance for him to gawk at was ruined now, as she walked across the clearing and into the shade to meet him. Somehow, their meetings always were enveloped in shadows.

If only he wasn't a ...

What would her mother think of their relationship? She had no clue. But for now, she was just happy to see him. So she approached Malum, hood up, with the lightsaber still hidden behind her back.

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
"Elise!" He answered in kind, a genial smile making itself evident on his face, full of relief and joy, as he made out the outline of the woman that had stolen his heart. Said heart was suddenly very heavy, almost swimming in blood, such was a common experience he found, one experienced whenever he saw the golden-locked and red-eyed Mandalorian warrior, that had nurtured him back to health on Archais months ago. Such feeling though was more pronounced on days like this, days that harkened to very special and specific moments.

When they were able to see each other again.

There were many risks and sacrifices that they had made in continuing this, if they had any good sense they would have looked at those costs and realised that this was not worth it.

But Malum could never look towards her and think that.

After all, with his Elise, anything was possible, he had never felt happier.

Something that felt missing from his form his entire life, was found.

They came from two different worlds, two different peoples, two different classes, yet by chance, or by the will of something far greater than both of them, they had found each other.

Yet even he would admit, as a privileged noble, how they courted each other was strange. It was far from what he had taught, poems, shy looks, and chaperoned meetings, he had never truly envisioned that would be how it would have played out, he had seen the galaxy at its best and worst, and he knew that such procedure between noble families was far from normal to most.

Yet he could not even claim they did as the plebeians did, no picnics, no cinemas, no restaurants.

Instead, they saw each other sparsely.

Yet when they did see each other... pink found its way to his cheeks.

It was the cost of their relationship, the cost of the different worlds they inhabited, their allegiance to different sides, and the very fact that they were different people.

It was rare when they could see one another, he hated that. Where most could see their lov-, see their cherished as much as they desired, they had to indulge in the matters of cloaks and daggers, concealing their meetings, hiding their lov- feelings, Naboo had been a surprise, a wonderful and welcome surprise, but it had been a mistake, he knew that then, he knew that now, back then he had not cared, even now he did not.

Yet he knew it was a mistake.

He banished thoughts of regret and mistakes, this was a happy moment, when he saw his Elise again, his feet beginning to move swiftly without his command but with his consent as he heard her words, his smile growing wider, at them as he almost broke out into a sprint.

All before he properly saw her.

The pink flecks at his cheek turned fully red, he almost tripped, catching himself at the last second, his eyes widening, as the smile on his face shifted into one of pure shock and wonder.

"El- Eli-," His breathing was growing heavy, inappropriate thoughts breaking over his mind, as he could not help himself, gazing up and down her form, his heart beating rapidly, it was no noble lady's dress, it was not beskar'gem, it was...

It was pure sin.

Pure sin attached towards the woman he would have done anything for.

His eyes found themselves on her exposed, toned stomach, and he could not help but salivate over the sight.

Only for his mouth to go dry, as his red found hers.

He coughed into his fist, still some distance between them, as a trail of sweat travelled his brow, as he tried his best to look past her, even as the lustful parts of him resisted such a horrible idea, "Elise... I... my apologies, this is... this is ungentlemanly... but if you would allow me to say..." How did one politely describe that they currently felt every bone in his body demand that he ravish her sensely?

"You look ravishing." His eyes returned to hers, brimming with lust and desire, but too, joy and happiness.

They were together again.

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise blushed as she felt Malum's eyes tracing her. She shyly looked away, but basked in the attention. The red in her cheeks burned as she peaked at his face, and she saw the ravenous starvation in his eyes. She lifted her hand, pulling her hood down as she approached him, sensing the danger as if she was his prey. But she could not deny, she did not feel like fleeing.

She approached him, opening her free arm and hugging him as her body temperature skyrocketed. She certainly knew what clothes he enjoyed on her now! She was thankful that her mother had enjoyed the same style of clothing, and through psychometric memory passed down that fashion sense. Elise would put those absorbed shopping spree memories to good use. Elise lifted her head to Malum's face, kissing his cheek.

"I should've known you'd like it. If you ever want to help me train in my Psychometry..."

She hastily pulled away. Blushing, lifting her hand to her burning cheek as she faced away from him. She was still unsure, of taking that big leap. She was so nervous every time she thought of it! She decided to parkour to where she was more comfortable.

Elise pulled the lightsaber out from behind her back.

She held it out, allowing Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr to get a good look at it. Elise took a couple steps back, minded the emitter, and activated it. The purple blade roared as it broke free from its cage. Holding the blade in a way that showed that she obviously never trained with lightsabers, she awkwardly gave the lightsaber a couple whooshes.

"This is a gift from my mother. One of her lightsabers. She suggested that I should learn how to use them, even if to better equip myself to fight Jetii and Dar'Jetii."

She looked down at the hilt, lifting the weapon high and observing it.

"This is so weird!" She chuckled, "There is zero weight in the blade! It's completely different than a beskad!"

She looked to Malum, eyes portraying her request. She wanted him to teach her how to use it.

elisemaybe.png

It was both in shock and surprise that found Malum, as she approached him shyly, embarrassed but seemingly not at all upset with their current situation, and then throwing a hand around him. He did not even bother to keep the gulp restrained, as his gloved hands instinctively found themselves around her waists, he did not even have time to consciously react to the peck that found itself on his cheek.

But he unconsciously reacted to it.

Oh did he ever.

Blood filled his cheeks, blood threatened to spill out of his nose.

Could anyone blame the man, Elise, the most adorable creature in the galaxy, and so effortlessly the most beautiful, wearing an outfit that was pure sin, that begged him to tear asunder.

Who he had not seen in months.

Was kissing him on the cheek.

There was a deep hunger in his heart, a monster in his stomach, it begged for release.

But he kept it at bay, there was something far more important going on than his lust and desire, than what she was doing to him. The fact they were in embrace at all, he blinked, then he blinked again, the blood rushing out of his cheeks, as he realised.

She was touching him.

She was actually touching him.

Oh, they had... been intimate, certainly, but there had always been precautions, they could never truly touch each other, or risk her psychometry going off. It had always been something of a frustration, for them both, yet, Malum would never truly complain...

...Not to her face, anyway, even if the frustration was immense, he knew it was an emotional reaction, to a rational problem. And rationally, he knew, there was good reason for their caution, he knew firsthand what her psychometry could do to him... and not only him, but her too. There had been times they had taken the risk, so caught up in emotion and all those other feelings he could hardly define but were brimming when they were together.

And there would always be the deep regret, the pain, as memories neither of them held, shot through each other, bringing them to their knees as the pure unadultured pain and suffering wrecked their forms. Yet now, here they were, she was touching him, she was kissing him, with no fear of her power.

Had Trayze and her achieved that much?

And why did he find himself bothered by something that was undeniably a good thing?

He said nothing, did nothing, so distracted he was by those thoughts, as she pulled away, he pulled on the genial smile of a mask that was always useful, waggling his eyebrows in an exaggerated manner, playing actor towards someone he never thought he would have to, "I would love too... though no doubt they would have to be long... hard~ sessions." He smirked, that much was real, his annoyed thoughts towards Trayze disappearing, as he realised, there was nothing to be concerned of.

She was his.

And he was hers.

Yet as his eyes widened, as she pulled the hilt from her back, he could not say he expected this.

The purple blade hissed alive, as plasma kissed the air, and he looked on upon it with wonder and amazement. He could already tell from the sheen, that it was no ordinary kyber crystal.

He listened attentively to her explanation, he smiled genially at the wonder she had in swinging it around, he smirked at the unanswered question in the air.

Reaching into his robes, he drew his own lightsabre, red plasma hissing as it ignited, kissing the air, and offered a bow as theatrical as it was genteel.

"The lightsabre, is the greatest weapon of the civilised age, and now my apprentice," His smirk grew wider, as his eyes were filled with mirth at the jape, "I will teach you how to use it," He advanced upon her, moving slower than he would normally, swinging obviously and without the power or he would fuel normally, swinging for her head, he gave her plenty of time to respond.

The way he had been trained rang in his ear.

Live fire with caution was the way to go.

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise was still blushing at the comment on their hard Psychometry training sessions, when the lightsaber session was on. Quite contrary to the way she had learned Sith trained their pupils, however, Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr was far from rough or aggressive in his slow approach and predictable swing.

Elise was so used to her beskads and kals, that she initially lifted the lightsaber in an odd fashion, expecting the weight and balance of a physical blade and hilt. Instead, her lightsaber swung rapidly upwards, as she moved her entire arm to block it. Malum's lightsaber locked with her's, too close to the hilt of the lightsaber. The beskar glowed in resistance to the lightsaber's heat, and Elise felt the burning sensation on her hand.

Elise felt so awkward, using a beskad fighter's stance when Malum had a completely different one. But Elise was a quick learner. She had her Arkanian mind, after all. And she was her mother's daughter. Remembering the weight difference in the lightsabers this time, Elise stepped forward, pushing upwards and sliding her purple blade against Malum's crimson, bringing her blade to the center of mass.

I see, it's all in the wrist and body movements. So if I...

Elise flicked her wrist, pushing the opposing lightsaber into a circling maneuver and breaking the lock. Elise took a step back, pulling her off hand behind her back and assuming a mirrored stance identical to Malum's. She indeed was a quick learner.

She held her weapon the same way he did, in the same stance and posture. She looked up to him, however, with confusion.

"Aren't there different lightsaber styles? Different stances and maneuvers? What style are you using? What are the others? I literally have no clue right now."

She ducked her head a bit, apologetically. "S-sorry. This is probably as basic to you as using a blaster pistol is to me."

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
It was an awkward defence, but the fact she counterattacked more than made up for that. Even with holding back, there was an innate danger with lightsabres, she felt that he knew it well, blocking in such a way that his lightsabre was too close to her hilt, and she would feel the heat, perhaps even cause a minor burn.

A lesson to not let that happen ever again.

And she learned that lesson quickly, counterattacking, pushing him back to the defence, as his blade was pushed back to the centre, away from her hilt, away from her fingers.

He could not help but quirk a smile, "Not bad... for a beginner," he withdrew as she did, not being able to hide the chuckle, as he looked, and found she was mirroring his stance to a tea, her hand behind her back, her sabre pointed and ready towards him.

She was taking this better than one could expect, but after all that should not have been too surprising, she had been taught how to fight her entire life, and the principles of swordsmanship were foundation stones for lightsabres.

And of course the most important reason of all.

She was his Elsie, and Bogan knew she could do anything.

He tilted his head at her confusion, smiling as even in asking valid and important questions, she was shy and afraid of wasting his time, "All I will ask you is to show me some patience when I begin training to improve using a blaster," He knew both her and Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar would be obnoxious enough when that day finally came around.

"As for your question, there are many a form, though most know only the seven main ones, Form One, Shii-Cho," Malum went into a standard lightsabre stance, both hands gripping around the hilt, as he advanced forth with a powerful, swift swing, yet as he opened his mouth to speak, it was clear it was much weaker, and much slower than it could have been, "The most basic form, taking its precepts from sword fighting in general, the basics of attack, parry, and deflection made manifest."

"As for my style," He smirked, "We will see it soon," as his attack proceeded.

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Malum was successfully building up suspense for his preferred style. The Ajayid knew however that she had to focus on all of the training, not just the most riveting parts. Still, Elise smirked playfully, "Your style must be impressive. I'm sure you have great moves. I look forward to it."

She winked, then shifted her focus to the information on Form I. She soaked it in. Form I, Shii-Cho. It was something that felt natural to Elise, as she was already skilled in swordsmanship. She mirrored Malum's stance just as well as she had mirrored the last one. This time, there was more confidence as she slipped into a position that felt natural to her. The only awkwardness was in the lightsaber itself, and how the weight was distributed. Despite it, when Malum launched his mock attack, she performed better than last time. Her block mirrored his strike as purple met red. She shifted her stance, using her beskad training the best she could to improvise on Shii-Cho.

Attack, parry, deflection made manifest.

She moved in, matching Malum's training pace as she parried, then followed up with a mock thrust towards his chest.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
Malum smirked, Shii-Cho might have been the easiest of the forms, the ones that younglings practised, yet the fact she picked up the basics of it was still impressive, from swordplay it may have originated, but the fact was that a lightsabre was no sword, it might have been clumsy yet, but she was certainly getting used to the weight of the lightsabre.

"My style is nothing too interesting, and I have learned all of them, but, perhaps it will surprise you," Malum's smirk widened, as her blade parried his, and he was pushed back, good, it needed not to be said between two warriors that had killed before, but there was no use to being on the defensive.

Being on the defensive meant death.

Victory could only come from attack.

He quickly retreated out of range of the thrust, before pressing back in, "In the hands of a master it will be like watching the water flow over the falls, deliberate tactics, continuous step-by-step advancement, while cutting off your opponent's angles, it fosters an emotionally heated mindset as the rhythm takes hold," He parried underneath to thrust, intending to push her blade up, "It is useful for fighting in groups, less so for fighting individuals."

He smirked, as within a flash, only a single hand was around the hilt of his blade, and he pressed for his own mock thrust at her chest, "The most duelling centric, the counter to Shii-Cho, precision swordplay to counter the sweeps, much more like using a rapier than a regular sword, and best for fighting an individual" His eyes gestured to his single hand mid-thrust, "And mostly using one hand, Form 2, Makashi."

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise was pushed back by the upwards parry, then noticed the sharp change in lightsaber styles as she stepped away from the thrust. She instantly mirrored him once again, realizing that it fit what she saw of his fighting style quite well. Elise slipped into Form II, Makashi, as she soaked every word in with intentful attention. Elise was less skilled in fencing than with beskads, which imvolved more cutting and slashing. Shii-Cho truly fit her better, but she mirrored Malum's stance the best she could as she remembered what she had learned so far.

Wrist movements, sharp and precise.

Her skills in marksmanship and spear fighting came into play as she slid her foot forward, pressing in with a light and slow, but precision oriented, series of sharp thrusts. It was far less elegant than Makashi was known for, but there was accuracy in her target areas (which she fully expected Malum to block); aand she mirrored Malum's stance and posture very well. It was pretty obvious that Elise had learned more about brutal precision than any sort of elegance and grace in fighting throughout her life. Still, she picked up quickly.

elisemaybe.png

She had gone silent now, intense focus by her brow, such was not that surprising, she was a Mandalorian, they were not exactly known for their use of more subtle, lighter weapons and forms. It was good she was partaking in the lesson so attentively, it was a teaching that was honed into him well, when one was fighting for life or death, there was no time to waste time talking.

Unless you were confident, that you could find an advantage somehow in the words one used, such was ironically one of the Sith precepts of duelling.

His strike missed, as he knew it would, her having stepped back to avoid it, with him following suit, allowing her to gather her bearings, and swiftly reach an approximation of Makashi. Considering unlike Shii-Cho, she would have nearly nothing to guide her actions, she did an admirable job.

He smiled with genuine mirth dancing in his eyes as she launched her counterattack, it was slower, unelegant, yet the basics of Makashi were clear with every strike upon him, he dodged the first, allowing it to harmlessly pass by him, "Timing, accuracy, and skill are relied upon to defeat one's foe," He swatted aside another strike, as he allowed himself to be pushed back, "One should be elegant, precise, calm, and confident," To near arrogance, "For with Makashi, victory is assured," He sidestepped another strike, parrying the oncoming blade upward again, as he found himself smirking, "Yet arrogance can be its downfall, predictability and the unforeseen are its foe, fluid movements of both blade and form, along with blade manipulation, cannot save one from everything."

He lept out of another strike, finding himself in a new stance, far more open, his hand stretched outward as if aiming, while his blade was to the rear, ready to respond to any threat, "Form III, Soresu, the ultimate defensive form," And to his humble opinion, perhaps the least important, certainly to him the weakest, even Shii-Cho had some use, Soresu... was the most ignoble path to victory, apart from perhaps Trakata, "Designed to defeat those with blasters, it will protect against lightsabres just the same, tight moves, subtle dodges and short sweeps designed to provide maximum defensive coverage," He demonstrated as such, within a flash, parrying one of her last attacks, with a slash, before returning to his defensive position, refusing for now, to go on the attack.

For Soresu could not, there was only the counter-attack.

It was why he disliked it so.

"It is perhaps the exemplar of Jedi teachings made manifest, a battle of attrition." He did his utmost to keep the sneer out of his lips.

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise once again mirrored Malum's stance near perfectly as they switched to Soresu. Taking in its use and application, Elise was far less impressed with this style than the other two. Defense was all well in good, but there was no attacking done on Malum's part. They stood there, eyeing each other. The Jedi mentality indeed was shown in how defense was used more than anything. But defenses like these, did they not just delay the inevitable? The showmanship of Soresu was soaked in though, as Elise went on to reenact Malum's defensive blocks and parries, against a makeshift attacker. But just like Malum, she was rather disappointed by this style. And yet, Elise paid equally good attention to it. Her Soresu was the best an improvised beginner could muster.

When Elise finished the makeshift kata, she reassumed the defensive posture and inquired, "And the fourth style?"

elisemaybe.png

Malum smirked, she was as clearly bored with Soresu as he was. Perhaps that was not the greatest lesson to impart, Soresu despite his low opinion, was a key precept of lightsabre duelling, and defence went hand in hand with offence after all, still, he could not find it in him truly to correct such an opinion at the moment.

No doubt it would come up at a later date.

For now, there was a far more exciting form to teach her.

"Form IV, Ataru," Where his blade was once pointed towards her, now it was held wide to the side, nothing more seemed to change, well apart from how suddenly loose he was, "Be open, wide, your friend shall be to be unexpected," The blade began moving rapidly in his hand, with himself still standing in place, but his feet were moving about, his form seemingly becoming a light show, "Your blade should never stop moving, if you have ever heard of battle to be like a dance, Ataru is the method," And then without warning, he struck forth, a downward slash aiming for her head, the Force rapidly pushing him lashing out from the sole of his feet, "Formed by strength, speed, and agility, marked by aggression, and the offensive, defined by wide, swift, and powerful swings."

And he had just launched on towards his cherished's head.

He did not even realise that he had subtly slowed himself.

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise's lessons in Kal fighting and unarmed combat returned to her. She once again mimicked Malum's movements. Acrobatic and spuratic, she slashed her lightsaber (slowly) at Malum's and matched the dexterous and spontaneous movements fluently. In fact, it was something Elise was skilled in, having trained her entire life to value speed and agility with her small, lithe body. Makashi-esc swift strikes also seemed to find their place in Elise's fighting as she swerved and weaved around with a close quarters speciality. But she remembered to focus on learning Ataru, and her movements matched well as she threw some soft kicks in with the lightsaber strikes.

Eventually, she thrust her hand down and used the Force to leap back, landing at more of a distance from Malum. Sweat was coating her forehead and her exposed stomach. She was starting to pant, clearly invested in that sparring session.

"I-I think I get it."

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
He grinned as she parried his strike, prodigy was right, she was picking up all this remarkably quickly, and while certainly her experience as a war would explain some of that, it was undeniable that she was still quite new to this.

And she was not making any egregious mistakes.

Indeed, even as she was heaving, breathing as quickly as she was heavily, she was able to stand with confidence and poise.

It was time to up the ante.

He launched himself off the ground, leaping over the kick, and spun on his own axis, his blade almost like a helicopter blade, as it aimed to push her further back or leave her facing certain doom.

Before he landed into a summersault, that then transformed into a cartwheel, his movements erratic, his blade alight, constantly moving, he was breathing deeply, the oxygen helping the blood flow freely, and effortlessly through his body, almost seeming to garner energy with every movement, and moving even faster, as he pushed her position, over and over, from different directions.

Before he lept again, his sabre's point, was aimed at her heart.

"The Force will allow you to overcome physical limitation, in that way, Ataru harnesses the Sith Code," he was smirking, yet he was himself almost a blur, glimmers of orange appearing in his eye, as he moved faster, faster, and even faster.

"Attack from all angles, overwhelm your foe, be a blur," He struck forward finally, "And that is Ataru."

elisemaybe.png

As Malum advanced ever harder with Ataru, Elise was forced into the defensive. Her Force Precognition served her well to pinpoint where he would strike, but she was physically wearing thin. Once again, she had to rely on the Force, augmenting her movements and coursing Force imbued energy through her body. Even as Form Four was used against her, Elise chose to use Form Three to defend. The "ultimate defense" form was able to be properly practice for the first time, as she stepped back and conserved energy. Focusing on blocking with roundabout, defensive shielding, she remembered Form Three's blocking and stances as she observed Malum's sporadic, fast, randomized strikes. Several times, she felt the heat of the lightsaber blade nearing her skin. As sweat dripped down her frame, she found herself suddenly under a shadow that had not previously been there. Elise's eyes widened as she realized that Malum had backed her closer to the boulder walls. Tunnel vision had taken her, and Elise had grown blind to her surroundings. She gritted her teeth, realizing the downfall of Soresu in that she was unable to counterstrike in this form. In a burst of frustration at Malum's refusal to slow down, she switched to Form Two and aimed to parry the next attack he threw in a blade lock. She then extended her free hand, using the Force to harmlessly Push him back several paces, enough for Elise to catch a break.

She deactivated her lightsaber, staggering back and thudding against the natural stone wall. Unlike her sister Mevia, Elise's stamina was naturally lower. It was not due to Elise's lack of training, but simply due to a combination of her lighter body weight and higher metabolism. She lifted her hand towards Malum to communicate her need for respite, dropping her lightsaber on the sandy ground below.

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom