Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Private Booth [Gambling Thread - Klondike]

Argos of the East

A
junling-wang-6.jpg

Nar Shaddaa
Gambling Den
870 ABY

The Lucky Lady was a hot spot as crime surged across the galaxy - and in its fancy depths, one could find anything they would want. The only rule? You couldn't bring a weapon - so there was a bit of decorum and comfort for the would be criminal. Some ran sports bets on shock boxing, others ran poker or sabaac - but Argos played something simple. Klondike, a dice game focused entirely on beating the banker. In this case, he was the banker, and he'd just cleared another person's wallet of their creds.​
"Next time, buddy, you'll get it.", he mused with a half mock in his tone.​
The man grunted and tossed what creds he had left over to Argos before he stood - leaving a few open chairs. Argos cleared his throat, and motioned over to the others nearby;​
"Come one, come all! Simple game, simple rules - roll five dice and get a higher score than me to win your bet. Lose and I keep your creds. Aces are high, now take a seat - lets get this show on the road!"​
OOC: Klondike is simple. Roll five dice, and get a score - 1 (think of it as seven) is the highest, while the next biggest is six, then five, then four, so on and so forth. All you have to do to win is get a higher score than the banker. To play, simply post, donate your bid to the Argos account (minimum of 100, max of 1000 for the moment), then I will roll both rolls and screenshot them accordingly. No tampering, you're free to watch said rolls upon request! Win, and you double your money. Lose, and you lose it all.
Come and play!

It was going to be a quick trip; land, get the data, leave. Sylvia had even promised that it would take less than an hour.

Unfortunately, things tended to get a lot more difficult when the person who had what you needed failed to show up. After thirty minutes of waiting at the bar, slowly sipping away at a drink, she came to the conclusion that the guy was not coming anymore. Not only had she wasted her time, she also had to find a new source now.

An exasperated sigh escaped her lips. At least she had learned the lesson not to pay with such deals in advance a long time ago. The young woman downed the remainder of her drink, setting her sights on the exit.

Until a man spoke up, inviting the other patrons to a game. What was one more disappointment, anyway?

Before standing up, she held two fingers against the device in her pocket. When mechu deru was in play, there were far easier alternatives than typing when it came to sending messages.

[ ill be back at the ship soon ]
[ guy noshowed, ill wait for a few more mins but im doubtful ]
[ last time i come to nar shaddaa for anything lmao ]

Afterwards, she walked over to the table where the man was sitting.

"One quick game, just so I didn't completely waste my time here," she spoke as she pulled back a chair and casually sat down. "Just one-fifty though, nothing too crazy." Sylvia was not one to gamble much. This was primarily to give the guy she wanted to see a last chance. If he really wasn't showing up, she had done at least something here before leaving.

Didn't mean she wasn't keeping a close eye on the game itself, though. Trust was one of the most damning weaknesses out here.

Argos of the East

A
"Crazy comes as crazy goes - 150 it is.", he said with a beaming smile.​
The robotic hand collected all the dice on the table making a pile. Five dice were thrown into a cup, they were shaken, and then they were thrown - simple and easy. The first five dice landed, came to a stand still, and he read the results out loud;​
"Six, six, five, two, and two for me."​
Another five dice, another roll.​
"Six, five, five, four, and one. Looks like you win.", Argos said with a grin.​
"Enjoy your creds kid, but why not play some more?"​
S6J2NZb.png
66RIbns.png
Upon further glances to the rules for Klondike, I actually won with Two pairs, while Sylvia only had one pair and an ace high. That is my bad - however in the name of good sport they still win for the sake of winning!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Argos of the East

A
"That sounds awfully weighted in your favor - but for fifty creds how could I say no?", he said with a beaming light.​
On some level, he wanted to say no - not because he didn't wanna bet the 50 creds, but because he could've gotten to say the line 'No Dice'. A missed opportunity, but we always miss sometimes. Instead, he grabbed his dice and rolled;​
6, 6, 2, 2, and a 1.

"Two pairs.", he said confidently.

Throwing another set of dice for Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr , he waited until they stopped moving;

6, 5, 5, 2, and a 1.

"One pair. You lose, Spacer.", he said with his own grin.

"Cupcake, you joining in on this hand? Not too late to make this side bet a thing.", he said to Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos .

bcDqLHr.png

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Jerec shook his head immediately, which is a bit of a process if you're Ithorian. "You didn't say a thing about pairs when you explained the game, bub. By the rules you said, I won that roll. Pay up."

He leaned back in his chair and kept his hands visible on the edge of the table.

"And don't think I missed that the lady lost that roll — by your rules, ties go to the house. Gotta hook'em, right?"

Cupcake. This wasn't the first time Sylvia had heard that one.

"Ah, sod it. I don't want to ruin your fun, though I do need to dash after this one." The dealer didn't seem too excited about the odds, but she could miss the fifty and had no intent on calculating them herself. Besides, she hadn't forgotten the surprisingly low price she paid for one of the Ithorian's ships some time ago. There was no harm in tossing him a tip a year or two after the fact.

She wasn't too keen on joining into the little discussion between Jerec and the dealer, though.

"Can't blame me for accepting a payout when it's offered to me, can you? But hey, he could just as well get it back right now."

And so, another 'one-fifty' was put on the line, with another fifty in the balance.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Argos of the East

Last edited:

Argos of the East

A
"Ties go to the house, and pretty ladies win whatever I say they win.", he quickly responded.​
"I don't think I gotta explain the difference between her and uh - you."​
With the last bet in, he grabbed five more dice and threw them down;​
"6, 6, 4, 3, and 1. One pair and an ace high - No show on the money, Sugar.", he beamed.​
"Now, depending on how you're judging the rolls scored - that could be a tie or a loss; but I'll leave that in your capable hands, Ithorian."​
4x9xU7X.png

"Fair enough," Sylvia replied in a neutral tone. Breaking even with the dealer was more than fine with her, considering her expectations when it came to strangers running bets, especially those on Nar Shaddaa. "It truly has been a pleasure, but I'm afraid I've got to get going. Certainly, someone like you knows you shouldn't keep a lady waiting."

Before standing back up, however, she first turned her attention to Jerec. "After we settle your pot, of course."

Argos of the East Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Jerec grinned — again, a bit of a production for an Ithorian. He got up slowly.

"The way I heard, you owe me fifty, the dealer here owes me two-fifty, and — apart from that tie he gave you — he owes you one-fifty on top of that. Tell you what, folks. Buy me a drink sometime at the Blue Flame in Seven Corners and let's call it even."

Argos of the East Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos

Sylvia smirked and gave the ithorian a nod in agreement. "I tend to swing by there from time to time. Consider that drink yours. And uh..."

Her attention returned to the dealer as she got to her feet. "Don't worry, I'll just say that one-fifty was for the entertainment. And if either of you were to ever need my expertise with anything mechanical or old-fashioned slicing, I'm sure you'll know how to get in touch."

The next time they were to go through their holodevice's contacts, they would find that a new one had been added somehow, simply named 'Rat'.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Argos of the East

Argos of the East

A
"Rules are simple - roll the dice, get up to a five of a kind, double your money. House wins ties, aces are high.", he said as he collected the dice and prepared for another roll.​
"This time, however, lets up the ante. Thousand creds, roll and hit the jackpot - that easy."​

The wording had a little much ambiguity for Jerec's taste, but feth it. He fished in his pocket and transferred the thousand.

"Well, then. Wellllll then."

The drink arrived. Jerec sloshed some into his right neckgill.

"Mm. Subtle notes of motor oil. Roll away."

Argos of the East

Argos of the East

A
"Then roll away I shall.", he said with a glint in his eye.​
The first set rolled customarily for himself - and the dice found their place before him. A 5, 5, 4, 4, and a 3.

"Two pairs.", he said confidently.

Another set of dice rolled for Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr . This time, they came up 6, 6, 4, 3, and 1.

"One pair. Tough luck.", he mused.

With another addition to his wallet, he slipped a cred into a nearby waitresses apron and whispered something beneath the hum of the music - likely a request for a drink. She smiled and wandered off.

"Play again?", he said with a smile.​
rqtGdkU.png

Candu Tabuu

C
NAR SHADDAA
THE LUCKY LADY

Nar Shaddaa was always a dangerous spot for Candu Tabuu. Not just because of his size, which was very small, and the risk that came with being stepped on. But the fact the place was a criminal hive, where all kinds of vices were displayed every few feet for wandering eyes - and wants - to pursue... and pursue some, the small Anzellan did.

"Oooh, oh, gamb-linggg, yeahyeah!"

The engineer stood in the entryway to the Lucky Lady, a known gambling den, as he peered with droopy eyes toward the betting tables. Technically Candu Tabuu was here on official business-business, as he was leading a material acquisition that he didn't quite trust his worker droids to handle without him; so that was why he was off Coruscant, at least. The business meet still have some hours until it was time, so that left the Anzellan with spare time...

And a gambler, in a place with gambling dens? Not ideal.

"Lud lud, tempo al gaini," Candu Tabuu said excitedly, even as commonsense went out the window. He would come out on top, he knew it, the credits for business would be won back - and doubled, which was even better. "Time to gamble, win win!"

Candu Tabuu made his way to a nearby table, where a strange sentient with long hair and sunglasses sat, with an Ithorian.

"Lud lud, gamble," Candu Tabuu said as he clambered onto the edge of the table, his whole nine inches of height perched there. He could barely lift the dice, even if that were up to him. "Hey-heeeey, Candu Tabuu bet. No doubles, ne duovlil. Win win dice total, yeahyeah?"

The Anzellan had seen the dice game bring in doubles, but he didn't remember that being part of the game, so Candu Tabuu wanted no funny business - just pure rolls and totals...

"Oh hell yes. I'm in for five hundred." Jerec pointed at the tiny new arrival. "His rules, raw score, no doubles.

"And since you figured my side bet was slanted my way last time, I'll take the opposite. If I roll lower than both of you or higher than both of you, you each give me a hundred. If I get between your rolls, I'll give you each a hundred. No side action if I roll the same as either of you. You in, gentlemen?"

Argos of the East Candu Tabuu

Cord walked into the gamblers den with a bit of exasperation on his tongue. He had come to the smuggler's moon to hunt after Tenros Elam, a weequay in debt to a minor Hutt. His info was good, but his hyperdrive was slow, and he got to watch some hunting droid take his catch. With no new income, Cord decides why not get rid of the rest of his credits?

He found a table occupied by a human, ithorian, and some smaller species he didn't recognize. Taking a seat he observed the age old game of haggling rules and protocols. Far more interesting than simple sabacc.

"I'll keep out of this hand, but I want in the next one." Cord said to the table. Afterwards he flagged a waitress and asked for a whiskey, on the rocks.

Argos of the East Candu Tabuu Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Argos of the East

A
Argos gave a nod to Cord### Cord### as he sat, but turned his attention quickly to the other two once more.

"Dice total, I get. No doubles, you mean if one of us gets two sixes we only counting the one?", he said with a cock of his brow.​
"Either way, I'm interested. Put your money on the table Spacer ( Candu Tabuu ) and we'll throw the dice.'​
(Send me whatever you're betting, and we'll get started. Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr sent 500 the other day so he's already good for this throw.)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom