Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Priests of Kad Ha'Rangir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
AaA5KVj.png
AgTMZ5t.png
Basic Information
Intent:
This submission is being created as part of an initiative to create several NPC subs to flesh out the Kyr'tsad and give them an interesting set of NPCs to use in threads and storylines.

Affiliation:
The Kyr'tsad

Classification:
Melee Berserker Infantry

Equipment
The Priests of Kad Ha'rangir are brutal melee combatants who utilize styles of combat not used in mainstream Mandalorian warfare for centuries. Thusly, they arm themselves with an arsenal that compliments this bloody, brutal combat.
rancor+r3.4.jpg
Early Mandalorian Armor
The Priests utilize a style of Mandalorian armor in which they use the bones of hunted animals to plate their Beskar'gam. The bones of Rancors and other vicious predators are the most common, but it is not unheard of for the priests to decorate their armor with pieces debris of battlefields they have seen victory on. Often times, you can tell what battles a priest has seen, just by observing the worldly debris on their armor. Carved into the bones are commonly hymns and praises to Kad Ha'rangir and most helms are equipped with a retractable port that allows bes'bev to be played with the helmet still on.

Due to the close ties with Death Watch the priests hold, most priest armor is also decorated with the Jai'galaar of House Vizsla. Often times the symbol is painted on with the wearer's own blood which is drawn with a specialized blade in a ceremonial ritual where the priest swears a blood oath to the Death Watch cause and declares its goals those of their god.

68c35065b9ae9258b1e9a818658f5b44.jpg
Beskad
The priests wield two blades in combat, the first of which is the traditional beskad, albeit with slight alterations. The blade neck is longer and narrower than the standard design, granting a more axe-like swing for increased slashing damage against an opponent. The curvature of the blade also assists in this, allowing for cleaner cuts that can more easily severe limbs and decapitate opponents. While primarily used for chopping, the pointed end does allow for stabbing but the lack of a double edge makes doing so slightly less effective. However, the protective grip on the hilt and its frightening appearance do balance this weakness on the battlefield.

This weapon is traditionally wielded in the right hand.

dvbT2.jpg
Tal'Galar Kalhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/19458-talgalar-kal/
The Tal'Galar Kal is a vicious blade capable ripping through heavy armors, despite its brittle disposition that can cause it to shatter after a few blows. For this reason, most priests carry two or three blades into battle and carry them in their left hand during combat to complement their beskad. Because of the Death Watch's presence on Concordia, the priests have easy access to this open market dagger.

Combat Information
Availability:
The Priests are a RARE unit that number in 200 active warriors and are led by two unique NPCs; Kholek Saxon and Thelia Nex.

Deployment:
The priests deploy in MINOR numbers on the battlefield, usually in shock groups numbers 10 - 20 warriors each.

Strengths:
  • The Priests wear traditional Beskar'gam, making them highly resistant to blaster fire and can comfortably attack lightsaber wielding opponents.
  • The Priests are experts in melee combat and, combined with their frightening appearance, make them fearsome opponents.
  • The Priests work themselves into a frenzied rage before entering battle, sometimes utilizing mild spice to reach a state of euphoric battle lust

Weaknesses:
  • The priests do not carry ranged weapons into battle, instead they finding worship and honor in melee combat.
  • Due to their focus on melee combat, The Priests are not suited for defensive combat and are rarely deployed in such situations unless absolutely necessary.
  • The frenzied state most priests enter during combat can cause them to make tactical blunders that can needlessly end their own lives.

Description:
The Priests of Kad Ha'rangir were once a proud sect of the Mandalorian people, but once worship of the old gods began to wane, their importance and role in society too diminished. It was not extinguished, however, for there are still small societies of the faithful throughout Mandalorian culture. Due to their extremist beliefs, however, most priests eventually began to clamber towards the Death Watch who they respected for their drive to restore the old Mandalorian ways.

In the modern Kyr'tsad, the priests conduct tribalist ceremonies in the death watch and train predominantly in melee combat; forgoing most range weapons training. Most priests choose to willingly become shock troopers in the first waves of Death Watch assaults, throwing themselves into battle in bloody worship of war itself.

Nice submission! :D

I just need you to source your images as outlined in this guide and it should be good to go!

Also, I don't know if you've missed it or something, but the Classification heading is not bolded like the rest of the headings and the font used to list the Tal'Galar Kal is different to font used to list the names of the other equipment. Minor things, really.

[member="Ven Vizsla"]​

You're welcome! :)

I noticed the image you've used for the Tal'Galar Kal lacked a source but after doing a reverse image search of my own, I was unable to find the original source of the image. So, with this in mind, it would be unfair of me to ask you to source an image when I'm unable to do it myself.

Approved, pending secondary!

[member="Mahet"], [member="Zeradias Mant"], [member="Darth Pyrrhus"]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom