Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Pouvoir Railgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levanthal Eastwind

L

Railgun.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ship-Mounted Railgun/Beam Rounds
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Extreme
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: 1 shot per cell/1 shot

• Reload Speed: Very Slow
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: High

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 180 degree Rotating Plate
  • Has a second type of Power Cell for a Beam

Strengths:
  • Each beam has a duration of is 10 seconds (Very low attack per second but goes up to Very High)
  • Has a second and different type of firing (Beam)
  • Railgun can fire through multiple ships (depends on shields and material)
  • Railgun is not affected by ray or Ion shields (All other shields slow it down but it can punch through)

Weaknesses:
  • If destroyed while fully Charged it has the explosion enough to destroy a dreadnought (If the weapon blows up)
  • Very Low fire rate and reload time
  • While each gun has pinpoint accuracy the rotation of the Stand is very slow
  • During the charge up sequence there is no lesser shot only while fully charged can it fire
  • Unless the ship has only Ion and/or Deflector shields must go down for Railgun shot or it will do massive damage to the shields and ship

DESCRIPTION
The Railgun is a high powered Railgun shot, its beam is also strong against smaller ships. It was created by Levanthal's scientists who have not let the secret of how it works out. Only they have design/know how to design it. It has a high destructive power that has been known to tear Frigates apart (Railgun). The beam is used as an antifighter much of the time but can fail. It can be used on anything that is larger Cruiser and bigger (501 m up) but if on anything between 501-1750 m must be used with a front mounted cannon (It cannot rotate). There are different amounts for each size, 501-1750 m single front mounted, 1751-5000 m single rotating cannon, and 5001-7500 double front mounted/single rotating cannon, 7501+ m double rotating mounts, (Each one can also used for others I.E. 1751+ may also have front mounted)

Hey [member="Levanthal Eastwind"]! I'm going to be working through the review and approval process with you and if all goes well, we should be able to have this to you quickly.

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Manufacturer: Levanthal Eastwind
If you could be sure to link the manufacturer of this technology that would be greatly appreciated.

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Material: Durasteel
Also, if you could link any named materials, that would be amazing

Levanthal Eastwind said:

• Reload Speed: Very Slow/Very Slow
  • Effective Range: Battlefield/Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low/Extreme
  • Stopping Power: Extreme/Low (per second) If it all hits then Very High (low chance)
  • Recoil: None (The gun is fixed and will not bounce up)
Please make sure you only choose one rating per category. If ratings shift based on circumstance, you can include that in the "strengths/weaknesses" or "description section

If you need clarifications as per my suggestions above, please do not hesitate to ask. Also, please remember to tag me with any edits made to your sub

Levanthal Eastwind

L
[member="Alden Akaran"] Done, I changed the production to Limited as well, thank you

Good Evening [member="Levanthal Eastwind"],

I will be reviewing this submission as per my message to yourself.

1) Absolute Language

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Each Railgun shots can destroy Frigates with one shot (If shot in the right spot)
It is very important to note that on Chaos it is the defender who determines what, if any, damage that they take from an attack. As such we shy away from allowing absolute language in the factory. Although you do often qualify your statements with a balancing statement in brackets I'm going ask you please look at toning down the language across the submission to turn it from "is able to" to "has the potential to".

2) Fighters

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Beams can do a lot of damage to smaller ship and can destroy fighters easily

Levanthal Eastwind said:
The beam is used as an antifighter much of the time but can fail.

The railgun you are describing is both very large and extremely heavy, so I'm curious how it is able to target and hit the smaller ships and fighters which are well known for their speed and agility? It seems to me that they would be more than able to avoid the attacks or at least to be able to avoid the railgun from targetting them.

3) Shields

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Railgun is not affected by deflector or Ion shields (All other shields slow it down but it can punch through)

Why is it that the Railgun is not affected by deflector shields? Wookie states that " Several varieties of deflector shields existed, including ray shields, which deflected or scattered energy (although sometimes they were not powerful enough to fully negate enemy fire), and particle shields, which diffused impacts from high-velocity projectiles and proton weapons." (source) As such a deflector shield would be perfectly capable of blocking the railgun, furthermore, shields exist on Chaos specifically designed to coutner physical projectiles, so how is it that it is able to punch through "All other shields"? I would suggest you change this to say that other standard shield might slow it down, or words to a similiar effect.

4) Weak to shields

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Beam is weak to shields
Could you explain how this is a weakness? It seems to me that any beam weapon is going to be weak to shields so I'm unsure how this is a weakness.

5) Railgun accuracy

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Railgun shots are a hit or miss situation

Levanthal Eastwind said:
While each gun has pinpoint accuracy the rotation of the Stand is very slow

These two weaknesses seem to counter one another. While a Railgun can indeed miss it's target, that would be true for any weapon, but at the same time you are saying it has pinpoint accuracy, which would be interpreted as it rarely missing it's target if ever.

Levanthal Eastwind

L
[member="John Locke"] I am pretty sure I have done what you are asked, but I also changed production to minor and recoil to high

[member="Levanthal Eastwind"]

Thank you for making those changes for me. However, I'm afraid I still don't understand how a large heavy rail gun is able to be used against fighters, especially since they rarely line up one behind the other to allow a shot to penetrate through all the fighters.

Levanthal Eastwind

L
[member="John Locke"] in the way I say using it is firing it into mass groups of fighters, and even if it slowly rotates it can still destroy many

I understand what you're describing, is akin to trying hte hit a fighter with a turbolaser. Youu might be able to take one out but the rest are too fast and too agil. Even if the mount moved, they'd have scattered from the beam and would be able to avoid it. The railgun is too heavy to he a scything laser able to cut through the crowd before they get away.

I love the idea of a secondary fire mode, but I'm unsure how you'd manage this in it's current form without making it open to a future report when used.

Levanthal Eastwind

L
[member="John Locke"] I just removed the strong against fighters part

Side note I will deal with my ship later

Thank you for making those changes.There are just a fvfew things I want to bring back to your attention.

I had previously mentioned absolute language in the submission, and while you have softened the language there are some examples that I want to bring to your attention..

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Railgun can fire through multiple ships (depends on shields and material)

Levanthal Eastwind said:
Railgun is not affected by ray or Ion shields (All other shields slow it down but it can punch through)
In both these instances you do say it can do something, instead of it will, but I wish to make it clear that the target calls damage and just because the railgun is capable of doing somehting, that doesn't mean that it will.

Misuse of the weapon along those, or any other lines could result in another report. With that said.

APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom