Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Postcog Artificial Eye, from iBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shira Varanin

S
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: An innocuous-looking artificial eye with a unique function.​
Image Source: N/A​
Canon Link: N/A​
Permissions: N/A​
Primary Source: N/A​
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: iBorg Prosthetic Augments
Affiliation: Closed Market (ask first)​
Model: The Postcog, from iBorg​
Modularity: Cosmetic tailoring for species and eye color.​
Production: Semi-unique​
Material: Steristeel, advanced electronics, a specially-contained grain of hypermatter
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Eye​
Size: Average​
Weight: Average​
Resistances:​
Energy: None​
Kinetic: Low​
Lightsabers: None​
Other: EMP/Ion: Low (will usually be paralyzed and reboot in 30 seconds)​
SPECIAL FEATURES
Temporal lensing function​
STRENGTHS
Patented 'temporal lens' distortion field - a second cousin to relativistic shield technology - allows the eye's owner to see past events in a location, comparable to a basic use of rare flow-walking abilities.​
Can record as still images or video.​
WEAKNESSES
No audio.​
No 3D output unless both your eyes are Postcogs.​
Restricted to the visible light spectrum that the eye can see in day-to-day use.​
Events one or two days ago are visible in low resolution.​
Events more than three days ago are not visible.​
Won't work at long range (e.g. in combination with binoculars, sensors, or telescopes).​
Average durability for a prosthetic eye, nothing special.​
If you get shot in the eye, assuming you aren't already dead, the grain of energized hypermatter will probably annihilate your head. Don't get shot in the eye.​

DESCRIPTION

"Elementary, Detective. I deduced that the killer wore a personal cloaking device last night when he escaped. Then I simply activated my Postcog, stood in the most likely escape routes, and replayed time at an accelerated rate. My vision flickered briefly, detecting the moment when my location and his previous location coincided - the moment when he ran through the place where I would stand twelve hours later. I stood for just an instant, but a replayable instant, in the exact place where the interior of his cloaking field had been twelve hours before. Here, Detective, is a high-resolution image of your killer's face."

The Postcog artificial eye lets you see what has already happened where you are, going back a day or two. In an extreme extrapolation of relativistic shields' time distortion, a grain of specially-contained hypermatter facilitates a temporal lensing effect. This technology (including careful adjustments for the movement of a given location through space in the intervening time, e.g. a planet's rotation) allows the eye's owner to see nearby events that already happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom