Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Perfect Storm

// Planet: Commenor
Time: 11:11:11
Weather: Heat Lightning, With Chance Of Rain | 32°F
Day | Night: Night //
The silent flash from the dark clouds above rendered Orion speechless. The display of white lightning ripping through the clouds was a sight to behold. It was one thing to witness a storm, but nothing like the notorious Valley of the Storm on Commenor. Its spectacle was immaculate in every way. The spectacle was a clear reminder to many that there were forces beyond anyone's control. The night sky flashed with a blinding strike, splinters of the bright white bolt crashing down into the valley below.
It was unfortunate for Orion that the flowers remained the same as the storm continued to brew. People in the city of Chasin had spoken of a beauty beyond comparison on rare nights, this wasn't one of them. It was odd, at least to Orion, given the size of the clouds above, that there was no thunder along for the ride. Instead, a strong breeze and the whisking sound of flower petals lifting to the cold air. His smoky breath slipped through the crevices of his silver mask. It was a prideful thing to wear, no longer held down by the weight of his father.
He stood in the distance, watching quietly as the show above amazed him. he was a rare form of sith, one that appreciated true beauty, in something so ugly and dangerous. The wind had lifted his robe and the flash of lightning casted his tall shadow on the sturdy rock below. His deep green eyes scanned the vast area, but only flowers below on the valley floor greeted him. The tall pillars that sturdily made themselves a home throughout the area, were why, he was here. They were said to attract the bolts of lightning, but this remained to be seen.
Orion felt it, like the strong breeze of the night, the force touched him with a warning. The subtle hint of another among his quiet domain, at least what he considered to be his private moment. No rational person would walk under the lights of the valley, it was dangerous, very dangerous. Only the brave sought out its perfect storms. Stepping forward in a lazy manner, Orion's feet crushed the flowers beneath him. The signature he felt only seconds ago, become apparent with a loud crack, slicing through the air like a bullet.
​The plasma blue bolt of lightning struck a far-off pillar, the consistent hue of blue washed over the valley. Taken back by the current phenomenon, he smiled, it was a divine sight. The bolt was stuck to it like glue, swimming across the pillar with static. the bright blue light gave just enough light to see a tiny black silhouette close by it.
A potential threat, in his moment of enjoyment. Then it came right on cue, the roaring growl of the storm made itself heard with a low grumble that shook the flower filled floor. The strong breeze fell dead and as Orion stepped into the sea of grass and petals, he grinned under his mask.
Who are you? I wonder?
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Lightning wasn't so easy to predict, even in this valley. The stone pillars did what they could, but even they had difficulties harnessing the forks of lightning. Tonight's storm was almost a manufactured one. It was dry. That was as near a perfect condition as she could ever have, especially with it being cold. No spectators, no tourists, just herself and the static she brewed in the air.

Kay had spent the better part of the evening at trying to attract the lightning. She tried to force it, but to no avail. It was more or less a science experiment, though she was no scientist. It wasn't as though she wanted the skill of Force Lightning. No. She wanted to be able to catch it and repel it. If Sith Lords came to attack her and remove her from power, she needed to be able to hold her own against them.

Finally she had success. The pillar next to her, charged with static from the dry air became electrified. She reached out with the Force, feeling the way the lightning moved and studying it until it disappeared back into the clouds. The thunder rolled overhead as if commenting on her experiment.

Kay smiled a little, encouraged, and was about to try again on the same pillar when she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head slowly towards the movement, followed by her body as [member="Orion Darkstar"] approached, the breeze moving the folds of her black gown and cloak. Her lightsaber was hooked behind her back, though she didn't make a move to reach for it. Instead she just watched the newcomer approach.

"Nice night for a storm."

The stirring winds resurfaced as he approached the wide opening. The four pillars surrounding the black gowned figure, seemed to be a woman. Quiet in her attempt to stay unnoticed, Orion slowly reached her acute vision. His tall stature and slow approach was almost ominous, among a field of flowers. His silver mask peered at the lonely woman, until her voice usurped the silence.

"Nice night for a storm."

Orion wasn't sure of anything, but clearly the woman before him had been here longer than he had thought. A smile reached her, only for a moment before it died down. He lifted his right arm as his elbow bent with quickness. The slithering white cloud escaping his face mask as he spoke.

"It's quite the sight to behold, unmatched in my honest opinion." His voice was silky smooth as he watched her closely. The force was present in her and the defiant look in her eye told him, much more.

"What brings you out here?" he asked.

The cold sting of the wind snapped at his lungs as he turned to watch the sky. The dark clouds began to expand, as another bright flash greeted them. He hadn't expected company and by the looks of it neither did she. One thing was certain, Orion was intrigued.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

The stranger approached, silent as though he was a ghost, though she knew otherwise. He had a strong Force presence around him. Given his choice of attire and the silver mask, it let her know that he was a Darksider too. Did that put her at ease? No. Just because they were more or less on the same side, it didn't mean that he didn't pose a threat.

Kay followed [member="Orion Darkstar"] 's gaze as another fork of lightning appeared, though this one remained in the clouds. Her eyes then turned to the stranger. The yellow speckles in her eyes became more visable with each flash of lightning, if one looked closely enough.

"I came for the view, and the storms. This is a popular tourist destination. And what about yourself? What brings you here?" If there were other Sith spying on her, she wanted to be fully aware.

"I came for the view, and the storms. This is a popular tourist destination. And what about yourself? What brings you here?"

The dark woman was quick to respond. Orion while slowly, finally made his way to her front. His eyes widened, the lush green watching the tendrils of lightning dance across her yellow eyes. It was a common sign, the yellow discoloration of her irises, that told him she was influenced by the darkside. The force had attracted him to her for such reason and while they were allies, neither of them knew the others motives.

"Calypso..." Orion said softly. He stepped back, gauging her tense guard. She was alert and calm, qualities that spoke volumes in the face of a menacing figure, much like himself. Unsure if she knew what he meant by his answer, he sighed. "The storm, the local consensus is calling it Calypso."

Her signature was resounding and while the clashing sounds of thunder began to tear into the cold night air, Orion lifted his right hand nonchalantly.

"Forgive my rudeness, I was just enjoying Calypso's endearing silence...but, of course, the thunder eventually came." Orion Said, his voice staying true to the smooth motions of his vocals. "That and I am a tourist, so..."

Vibrant purple, their world had gone from dark and windy to a sudden black-lit room. Sparks bounced off the stones as a tendril of plasma snapped forward, trying to roast Orion where he stood. With a furious display his right arm extended, a dark shade of purple lightning escaping his fingers with ease. The swelling emotion he drew on released itself, the force lightning darted through the air towards the deadly bolt, intercepting it with ease. The bolt ricocheted backwards, sticking to a different pillar to the side. As quickly as it happened, the area dimmed, only tiny specks of purple static hummed along the stony magnets.

He shook he head, clearing his mind. It was an unfortunate occurrence, displaying his power in front of a stranger. It was one less surprising element in his arsenal, if they tried to kill each other. Which in the few seconds of meeting her, had already crossed his mind. Now, he would have to play it safe. She had witnessed his trump card, at least in the force. He grinned under his daunting mask with distaste, but standing under a storm like Calypso, meant unforeseen outcomes.

Orion cleared his throat, stepping forward, closer to the peculiar lady. Standing farther away from the conduits around them, meant less chances of being fried to death. Cautious in his approach he tucked his right hand into his outside robe pocket. The tingling feeling left by his force lightning still lingering.

"Wait a minute, aren't you that president...the one that went missing here on Commenor, a while back?" The question was foolish to ask. At least this way, he could get what was really bothering him, out of the way. She looked familiar, too familiar. Orion swore she was the one.

Did I find the new queen of Commenor? If so, what a delight...

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Calypso?" Kay raised a brow as she hadn't heard of the lightning storms here being given a name. It sounded almost legendary. "Oh I see..."

The fact that [member="Orion Darkstar"] regarded himself as a tourist came at no surprise. She didn't recognize him. But there were many that recognized her, yet her memories of them were stolen away. That alone angered her greatly. It gave others the upper hand over her. Already they had tried to use it against her by trying to get her to leave Commenor and step down as their Queen.

There was always someone wanting to keep her under control.

As if the very landscape was protecting her, the plasma attacked Orion, only to be stopped part way by another bolt that was brought forth by the stranger. The surprise in her eyes was visable for a few moments before she put her guard back up. "The tourist has some tricks up his sleeve..."

But then he changed the subject. No doubt his very action displayed with her as a witness made him uncomfortable. Did she want to press him? No. Not just yet. Patience was a virtue that she still kept. "I am. It is not uncommon for me to be out of the Palace. But how....lucky you are to have stumbled onto my presence. May I ask who you are?" Surely tourism wasn't the only thing that brought him here.

"The tourist has some tricks up his sleeve..."

Orion snapped back at her with a quick rebuttal.

"Tricks will only get you so far, it's the way you use them... that matters."

He knew a lot about devotion to a practice, he had big plans for himself in the most difficult of hobbies. Alchemy brought out the creative side of him and like all great inventors, it took time and dedication. Orion took his biological studies seriously, it was one of the reasons he had arrived on Commenor. There was potential in the Red Barons, located in the Twin Canyons. Chasin City, offered far too many of his own interests to make it all about his studies.

The tiniest of droplets had warned him of the coming rain, as it splattered atop his shoulder. Soon the two of them would be drenched, a potential hazard, given their current predicament. This, however, didn't worry Orion, he knew how to handle a variety of situations, analytically and precise. If the woman before him was an additive in the compromise of his well-being, he would be ready. The howls of the wind squealed in his tipped ears, a feature from his Zelosian roots.

"I am. It is not uncommon for me to be out of the Palace. But how....lucky you are to have stumbled onto my presence. May I ask who you are?"

Finally, it had been confirmed. He was in the presence of royalty. He almost subliminally stood straighter to show a tad of respect. After all he never met a queen, standing on her own in the middle of a storm.

"The Queen of Commenor...." Orion chuckled lightly. "I've been hearing some interesting things about you. From President to Queen, it's an honor. The crowd may not approve, but trust me, they'll eventually bend...they always do." He sighed. "If they don't, well, they'll break." Orion shifted his glance to her waist, no sign of a saber at either of her hips.

Was she hiding it? The things he read, the people he heard, all of them confirmed the Queen, now in his presence, a traitor to her people. She had gone dark, at least from what he knew. It was exciting to see another find the light in the darkness, inspirational, almost.

"Me? Well, unfortunately, I am no king..." He teased. "Orion..." He stepped a little closer avoiding a silent bolt that crashed into where he once stood. Not even the slightest twitch came as he continued. "Orion Darkstar."

The flash of white planted his towering shadow over the colorful flowers once more as a steady fall of rain began.

"Besides the storm, what exactly are you trying to do? I saw from a distance, were you trying to catch the lightning?" He asked, his silver mask peering into her soul.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

The droplets of rain, caused her to look down to the flowers. Most would look up to the sky, but the flowers in this valley changed colour in response to the humidity in the air. And it was growing. Even though the air around them was at freezing, in the clouds and the air around them, the electricity had warmed them. So there'll be no snow yet.

Kay drew up her hood, placing her face more or less in it's shadow. Her eyes watched [member="Orion Darkstar"] as he had his suspicions about her confirmed. He straightened up and changed his demeanor slightly. That was a habit of those that all of a sudden find themselves in front of a Monarch.

She watched again as the lightning struck where he stood just a moment before. How interesting. "Pleasure to meet you, Orion Darkstar." With the smallest of gestures, she asked him to follow her as she moved away from the stone pillars towards a stone outcropping that provided cover from the rain, yet didn't obstrcut the view. " In a way, yes. I was trying to attract it, harness it and in time, be able to repel it against my enemies."

The queen had taken to the ground, unbeknownst to him, another surprising display began to unfold before his eyes. The flowers began to sap the humidity from the chilling air, straining a biological change in their colors. Like a sea of blue, a domino effect began to spreading through the valley like wildfire.

Shocked, Orion smiled under his mask. This was quite the sight to behold, how could so much beauty be in one place? His artistic side admired it. Taken by it he ignored the queen's initial kind greeting. It took a tiny flick of her hand to grab his attention. The gesture was elegant and alluring as she brought him to cover. The rain cascaded onto the valley floor, forcing the flowers to turn into an icy, blue. The outcrop they managed themselves under, freed them from a soaked meeting. Still, the view was breathtaking, nothing about the display was compromised.

"Enemies... I suppose a queen would have a lot of those." He knelled, his fingers stretching to the changing petals between them. "This is unlike anything I've ever seen before..." He looked up to the sky, another flash waiting to be released. "I could help you, not that I really have a choice." He cleared his throat. "You are a queen after all." He plucked an icy, blue flower from the stem and stood back up. He slowly extended his arm to her, the flower pinched between his pointer and thumb. As if for her to take.

"In order to do that... my dear queen." He said, his voice losing its silky calm. "You have to change."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little. Of course she had many enemies, but who didn't? With power comes those that want to take it away. And now she had enemies where she used to have friends, and those that could be friends were only wanting to use her as a pawn in their game. It could be worse though. It could always be worse. Why she was plucked from one path and forced onto this one was still beyond her comprehension. Maybe one of these days she'll figure it out.

To [member="Orion Darkstar"] 's remark on the valley itself, she smiled a little, knowingly. "I'm not sure if any other world in the Galaxy has this species of flower, though I could be wrong."

What Orion had said about him not having a choice gave her pause. He wasn't her subject, he wasn't a Commenori. Sure he must abide by the laws but that hadn't included 'doing whatever the Queen suggests'. She didn't even ask him to do so. "There is always a choice...."

Kay tilted her head to the side a bit as he seemed to offer the flower. She was about to move to take it, but the tone of his words caused her to change her mind. Orion could have meant two things, either change out of her wet cloak and gown, though she had no spare clothing available to her at that moment, or to change another aspect of herself.

The silence hung in the air long enough for her liking, so she just spoke one word to break it. "Change?.."

"I'm not sure if any other world in the Galaxy has this species of flower, though I could be wrong."

Orion thought on it, trying to remember if he ever saw such a thing on another world, but nothing. The teal colored field, began to shift as the rain began to let up. The blue petals slowly changing to a lighter color as he was transfixed on the phenomenon happen once more.

"I can assure you, they are the rarest flora I've seen in all my travels." he said.

The stirring winds continued as the faltering rain found its way into their safe overhang, leaking slowly through the cracks of the grey, stone. He looked upward to find the trickle, amused at its effort to soak him. Nature truly was an unpredictable thing. Much like that of the queen in front of him. He hadn't thought his words through thoroughly enough. She seemed to be confused as the expression on her face showed its truth.

"Change?.."

"Yes." he said, searching her eyes for what she may have meant. It was amusing to see that the words of his own could have been mistaken. "Deep down, you have to search for what drives you. Not only your fears and anger...." The silence he left after leaving her in suspense came with a crackling echo of thunder. "But your heart, Queen of Commenor."

The green slits that expanded from beneath his silver menacing mask, observed her. It seemed she thought a different change. Refusing to amuse the idea, he took note of her soft, delicate features. Her beauty matched the changing flowers below, but this was not the time for such a change.

Orion reached for something in his pocket, a small metal figure sculpted from his free time. He admired it, only to criticize his own work. A true artist was its own worst critic. It brought him back to what she said earlier, a comment he had ignored.

"There is always a choice...."

The figure reminded him of his choices, the choices he made to mold it into what seemed like a perfect replica of the queen in front of him.

"Choices, my dear queen, are what determine the outcome of our work. Remember to let the force in, let it test your mettle. Let the aspect you still cling to go, the sooner you release what's holding you back, you'll understand what you need to do."

Orion grinned as he turned to look at the sky, once again.

"Like lightning, surprise yourself and you'll feel free. Free to achieve what you came here to do."

He didn't ever consider teaching those in the future, but his words held weight. If the queen took anything from his words, he had succeeded.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Change her heart? That gave her pause. Fear, anger, they drove her surely. Fear of having more things taken from her, like her position as Queen, and anger at having some of her memories ripped out. That left her at a disadvantage. So what was she to do? Let it go? That could be easy, most of the time, except for when those that she had forgotten decide to show up. Her own Master had left, gone off to collect more students or something before she was ready. But, she did want to come home. Maybe it was better that way.

Kay looked at the tiny figure that [member="Orion Darkstar"] held in his grasp. It was beautifully sculpted. But the sky and landscape before them was much better. She clasped her hands in front of her as the wind billowed the folds of her gown and her cloak. Only now was the chill in the air starting to be felt on her skin.

"I'm stubborn, yet determined too. My hours of practice is gaining me success, step by step. Letting go of what I can't remember isn't so easy. But I'm working on it."

She was trying. There was times when it was easy and other times when she was reminded of it. So this was her new hobby, something to occupy her time. Controlling the lightning, controlling the weather could help in saving herself, as well as her people.

Orion grasped tightly onto the small figure of the queen and slipped back into his lengthy cloak. The chilling wind slamming him in the neck. It stung, only to dissipate mere seconds after. The sky continued to give him the show he wanted.

"I'm stubborn, yet determined too. My hours of practice is gaining me success, step by step. Letting go of what I can't remember isn't so easy. But I'm working on it."

"Being stubborn is a good quality when it comes to practicing the arts of the force." Orion extended his arm forward, the black glove hiding his slender fingers underneath. "I was held down by a man, long forgotten. It took me longer than I thought to let him go. The result..." He turned towards the queen, his arm stiffening as it stayed stationary, aiming towards the magnetic pillars. He felt the tingle in his veins, waiting for the right moment.

"Was power. Power to protect, not only myself, but those I hold dear." Orion continued to keep his arm stretched. "Do you know how to manifest what you seek?" he asked.

Then with a flick of his wrist a wave of energy surged through him. A snapping bolt of light soared through the air, its purple attributes manifesting from his inner demons. The darkside had gifted him through determination and his own stubborn regiments of training. He knew what it was like striving for a result and coming up short.

He grinned. His arm retracted to his side.

"You do it, remember them all. Then, when it hurts you the most, when it makes you flustered. Call on them, your emotions. Let it swell...and form the storm inside you."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay watched [member="Orion Darkstar"] show his skill as he explained what he had to do in order to reach that level. Instead of coming from the sky, the lightning came from his own command of the Force. Others had that skill too, though she had only seen one other perform it. And she was the target.

She stared at the flowers now while she spoke. "What I seek was taken from me, memories of my old life's friends and confidants. Though they remember me. It puts me at a disadvantage. I want those memories back, yet the only one that might be able to do it, is someone that I don't remember." And he was a Jedi. Kay left that part out, as well as the Force Bond that she shared with that Jedi. The whole situation angered her. Why her Master thought it was a good idea was beyond her reasoning. Maybe he did it to keep some measure of weakness upon her. Whatever it was, she hated him for it.

"Are you self taught? Or do you have a Master?" Kay's Master was off collecting more students or victims, so she was on her own. But that wasn't really any different than when she served the Light.

"What I seek was taken from me, memories of my old life's friends and confidants. Though they remember me. It puts me at a disadvantage. I want those memories back, yet the only one that might be able to do it, is someone that I don't remember."
Her words sunk in. They held truth and despair. The queen had forgotten those that mattered to her. Orion never had his memory stripped from him, he couldn't imagine going through the galaxy not knowing who he was. The ironic part was he had been there, sulking in the darkness of his own father's shadow. It was a nasty barrier to breakthrough and it took longer than he had expected to set himself free from the lies.​
He didn't exactly know how to help get her memory back, but he knew how to forget, even the closest people from his past.​
"You say you are at a disadvantage. I on the other hand see it as a opportunity." He stepped closer to her, his shimmering mask looking down at her. "An opportunity to reconnect to these people the way you currently are. You may have changed to them, they may not approve. But I can tell you one thing that i know for sure, my dear queen." Orion stepped even closer, inches from her. The warmth he provided from his tall body probably made her feel secure. "Embrace it, embrace their rejection. Embrace this new side of you, the real you."
His hand slid to his mask as his nimble fingers spread, gripping onto the sides of the mask. A low hiss broke the momentary silence as his long black hair fell to his shoulders. His pale face was young, handsome even. His lips were opulent and as the mask was whisked away from his head he smiled. Orion never wore the mask for secrecy, why exactly he preferred the mask was a mystery that only he knew.​
"Are you self-taught? Or do you have a Master?"
It was a hard question to answer, one he hated answering. It wasn't her fault, she couldn't have known he learned most of the process himself. The only part he hated was how he manifested such a power. It was fear for him, it was different for everyone. Obviously, he knew without Monarch, he wouldn't have been able to successfully control such powers.​
"It was a while ago, but mainly I taught myself. Of course, I had a little help from an exiled Jedi. As much as I hate to admit it." Orion said, holding the silver mask at his waist. The chilling cold of the night air poked at his uncovered face. The emerald sea, that were his eyes, stared into hers. "Do you want to learn?"
Orion wasn't sure if he could help her with the memories, but he knew if she wanted, he could show her the basics of force lightning. A thought came to him and he couldn't help but ask.​
"A queen... do you like it?"
[SIZE=11pt]He looked down at the ground as he pushed his free hand through his hair. Flower petals rose to meet them as the wind swept under their cover. They were soft as one clung to the side of his cheek[/SIZE]​
[member="Lady Kay"]​

Kay-Larr

Kay remained still where she was as [member="Orion Darkstar"] stepped closer. He spoke of her memory loss as an advantage, but to her it left her vulnerable. People could come to her and claim to know her, but she would be unaware of whether or not they spoke the truth. It annoyed her greatly.

Was this the real her? It certainly was now. Though with her memories lost she felt as though pieces of her were missing. But she had to accept what she couldn't change at this moment. It was the better choice.

Her brows lifted as he removed his mask and revealled his face. Why he chose to do so, she wasn't sure. Perhaps he wanted to be more open with her, just as he let her know of him being trained by an exile. She knew all about exiles, having been one herself more than once. Always the outsider.

"Yes, I would like to learn."

She furrowed her brows as he asked his question about a queen. Did he wonder if she liked her position? "Do I like being Queen? It has it's pros and cons. One must always be on guard for those that only want a high position that they think that I could give them....What is it that you would want in return for teaching me?" Everyone wanted something. He was a young man, far younger than she was. Young men had bold visions of what they wanted their futures to be.

Swatting the petal on his cheek away, he looked to his left. A large flat rock presented itself. Placing his mask on the rock, Orion turned to the perpetual rain. The smell of the moist fragrance from the flowers below over took him. It made him feel comfortable, the scent reminding him of his childhood mansion.

With his back turned to her he finally heard the words.

"Yes, I would like to learn."

A wicked smirk lifted on his delicate lips. She yearned for growth. It was admirable, more so, she needed to lead as a queen. He had almost forgotten about his other question as she answered.

"So, you constantly look over your shoulder." Orion said, turning his head looking at her over his shoulder, almost to emphasize the notion. "You'll have to go to a darker place, far darker than the loss of your memory. To manifest such power... you'll need to use what you can remember. The pain, sadness, even perhaps... fear." Orion spoke from experience with the last option.

His fear fueled the spark in him, all because of the crashing waves of Lahn. He had suffered through it, his fright of drowning, but Orion wouldn't share such inner weaknesses with a stranger, not even queen. He redirected his attention to the rain, watching drop after drop plummet to the valley floor.

"What do I want?" he asked. A brow lifted over his right eye. Orion wasn't here to get something out of the queen of Commenor. He was here to see the beauty of a planet, before it's downfall. He knew all too well, how often such empires crumbled under new regimes. It was nothing against the queen, only history taught him well. He couldn't quite put a finger on what to ask for. In fact, even though he was far from his goals, it hadn't crossed his mind.

"First, let's see how you do. I wouldn't want to extort the queen of Commenor. Plus, if I'm a bad teacher, you would owe me nothing." He let out a light chuckle, the cold turning his breath into a white, foggy cloud. Orion shifted his feet, standing sideways in front of her. He extended his arm, as if to offer his hand to her.

"Come, we'll start right away." Once she gripped his gloved hand, she would be brought to the middle of the pillars. The storm was still a threat, but he would repel any bolts seeking her death or his. To others it would have seemed odd for two people to be out in such an unwavering storm, but to them, it was about progress and power.

Soon the Queen of Commenor, would have to look into herself for what she sought. A process that proved difficult for many. It wasn't every day you tortured yourself with inner demons.

Demons that were meant to stay locked away.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Constantly look over my shoulder? Yes. And I have to scrutinize every trade deal, every alliance formed with another government or coalition. Just in their wording alone, I could end up giving away my sovereignty without even realizing it."

Kay stopped speaking as [member="Orion Darkstar"] continued with her pre-lesson. Use what she had, what she could remember. Fortunately it was the painful and frightning memories that her Master kept in her mind, not to mention the months of neverending torture, both mental and physical that brought her out of the light to begin with. Oh yes. She had plenty to work with.

She raised a brow as Orion didn't seem to want anything from her. That was odd. Nothing came without a price. No one would offer up anything to her without wanting something in return. This was....strange.

Kay took his hand and walked with him. Just being on the wet meadow was dangerous enough. A bolt of lightning could find purchase anywhere nearby and they could be electrocuted through the energy travelling through the puddles. Maybe she could use that fear along with her memories.

Her brows furrowed as she let go of his hand, turning her focus inward while she stood in the middle of the pillars. The fear, the anger, the hatred that she had for her Master was strong. He took away any ability to fight back, starved her, beat her, broke everything, ripped her skin, her mind, shaved her head, humiliated her, dehumanized her, and for what? To make her the Queen of a planet that she was already leading and then to abandon her right away for more students? He got what he wanted, to corrupt her to the Darkside. Now that that was over, he dropped her. Kay's hands clenched into fists. Her Master was no different than any of the playboys and manwhores that tried to get her into bed with them. The moment they were refused, they moved on. Even those that seemed genuine were really only after her position of power.

And that is how it always will be. Abandonment will be as constant as the orbit of the Commenori moons. She could only rely on herself and no one else.

Kay shut her eyes tight as she started to shake, almost as though the cold air was getting to her. But her fists were tightly closed and her body stiffened. She could feel the Dark energy swirling around her, coming from her core. She just needed to direct it, focus it to one point. With a snap her left hand jutted out, palm forward, her eyes open and glaring at one of the stone pillars. She pushed the Force from her core, up into her arm and out of her palm. She didn't worry about whether or not it would come out as a push or lightning or something else entirely. She just needed to get it out of her system before she exploded.

They walked to center as he watched her prepare. He could feel the corruption, the fevered emotions that ran through her. It wasn't a normal spreading aura that he was used to. This, this was a shutter of pure bottled memories. The darkside latched to them, alerting him of her prowess in such a short time. She had a knack for calling to it, the force, capable of harnessing unimaginable powers. The Queen of Commenor proved more interesting than many, something Orion hadn't expected. Lifting his hand to the sky, he stood guard. With his other hand, he tapped on her back as if to push her lightly forward.​
"Being the ruler of this world, I can see why others would want to take it. Claim it as their own. Remember that no matter how much power you attain, it won't help you if you can't use it intelligently and accurately."
Orion wasn't sure if she knew such things, but reiterating what she may already know, was a step he cared not to ignore. There were other things that had to be done besides listening to him, she had to preform, progress to keep her planet safe. Orion intended to help her, why...remained to be seen.​
"That's it, feel it."
A staggering pulse of force flew from her hands. The air in front of her pushing the grass and flowers back with a violent gust of wind. The force push slammed into the rock. He caught something from her display. She had become disgruntled, rushing the process, instead of letting the emotions fester and direct them to the tiny areas of her fingers, she released her power quickly. It wasn't a failure though. Orion saw the static lines drift across the stone, she had manifested a tiny static push from her palm, something he didn't quite expect.​
"Close." He looked up the storm striking down another bolt for them both. His fingers expanded and with an afterthought of his potential death, the crackle of his fingertips released a purple hue of fear and precision. The counterbalance of the two forces stayed stagnant against each other before the death bolt retracted back into the clouds above. "In time, it will become second nature. You rushed it, let it fester and envision what you want those emotions to create. Find your inner losses, betrayals, fears, even those you hate. One of these will guide you to your goal, here tonight, under the perfect storm."
Orion grinned, the Queen was superior in her ability to conjure such emotions, it was her execution that lacked. Before he allowed her to begin again he spoke up.​
"In combat, you won't be a stiff stick, loosen your body. let the emotions naturally conjure. Don't allow them to paralyze you, you must be stronger than what granted you such gifts, my dear, Queen."
Continuing to guard her from any dangers above, his body was drenched. His long black hair stuck to the back of his neck. Its once delicate features stewed into a slick, darker appearance. He pondered her question from before.​
What do I want?
[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay let out a huff as she lowered her hand. At least something came out. She could feel it as the wave left her and saw the foliage move in it's wake. A small victory. It was better than failure.

She looked up as [member="Orion Darkstar"] once again showed her what could be accomplished. It also saved them for the moment, yet the storm still continued overhead. Never predictable, she wasn't sure how long it would last. Soon it would get even colder.

One more time. She tried to relax her muscles, moving all of them and shaking away the tension inside. Her Master probably would have taken away another meal or humiliated her in some way for failing. He had done her wrong in so many ways and she hated that she owed him for what she had now. Her mind started to wander on 'what ifs', but then she returned her focus on how he makes her feel. Was it right that she hated him so much? Who cares? She could surprise him with this skill some day in the coldest of ways. A small smile graced her face as she raised her hand again. She envisioned the Force moving like the lightning itself, spinning around her bones in her arm, only to collect at her fingertips. She folded her fingers so that only her index was pointing at the pillar while she let that energy burst forth once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom