Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Path We Walk [Ariana Du Couteau]

Caedyn Arenais

C

Tagging: Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau .

After arriving on Coruscant and spending his first couple weeks with the New Jedi Order, Caedyn Arenais was starting to find his feet again. He had received an induction by one of the Masters of the Jedi Council, led a class on Moral Ethics and Diplomacy, and most significantly took the time to meet with some of his peers as the students trained and showed off their skills. One of these students happened to be Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , a young girl with great potential.

As a Jedi Knight, it was Caedyn's responsibility to train a Jedi Padawan. He had undertaken this responsibility once before, for a number of years, in fact, however, his first Apprentice had struggled in her senior years for a variety of reasons, many of which Caedyn had ultimately blamed himself for. Now that quite a good deal of time had passed, he had rediscovered the desire to take on another student, and hoping that he had learned from the past, he felt much more confident in his ability to guide them towards their eventual Knighthood. However, this was painting a very simple picture of Apprenticeship; One's role as an Apprentice generally took years to complete, and during this time, they would live and learn alongside their Mentor day in and day out.

It was Ariana whom Caedyn had taken a preference for compared to her fellow students, finding her aptitude, skills and general personality to have left the Jedi Knight feeling that she would make a great Padawan. She would no doubt experience many challenges along the way, but that was part of life and Caedyn hoped that, if she accepted his offer for an apprenticeship, then he would guide her along the way.

Similar to the class that he had led her peers in, Caedyn had asked for Padawan Du Couteau to meet with him in the Meditation Chambers, wanting to discuss the prospect in detail.

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Hardly one to ever find a reason to worry, there was a slight apprehension that Ariana felt as she walked towards the mediation chamber. She had studied and trained beneath several Teachers, Instructors and Masters before, but none were a Jedi or for the Jedi Order. The title of apprentice and master within the Order carried a far different weight than the past titles she once held with others. Though none would ever match the gravity that she had with her father, learning from him for all those years.

Ariana walked, but before she reached the room she stopped and paused on that thought for a moment. It had been since his death that Ariana last had even an Instructor, perhaps subconsciously she had been avoiding this type of relationship, but with a shake of her head the young Du Couteau heir continued to walk into the Chamber.

With quick steps inside, Ariana approached Master Caedyn and with a low bow she stretched out her left hand for a shake. “Master Caedyn,” She greeted him with a smile. "-I hope I am not late."

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's eyes lifted as the doors to the Meditation Chamber slid open with a mechanical hiss, exposing the arrival of Padawan Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau . She offered him a formal bow, to which he responded by lowering his head in a similar fashion whilst remaining seated and then soon found himself being offered a shake of the hand. It was a first for him, coming from one of the students there, however, he leaned forward and returned the gesture with a smile.

"Good morning Padawan" He greeted her, before adding "You're not late, no. I made sure to set aside a good deal of time for us today, should we need it". Caedyn soon gestured to the nearby meditation cushion opposite that of his own, "Please join me" he invited her. Taking a moment to allow Ariana to take her seat, he too took the time to consider where to begin, with the discussion they were to share. Thus far, his experience and first impressions with the students of the Coruscant Temple had been nothing if not colourful indeed.

"You may have guessed why I've asked to meet with you today" Caedyn suggested, given their first meeting and the meaning behind the exercise that he had explained to herself and Padawan Iris Arani. When Ariana had sought out Master Noble's consent for the sparring match, Iris had gone so far as to ask him outright whether he wished to take her on as his Padawan, thus it was very likely the two girls had talked about it afterwards.

"How are you feeling about your progress in training and service with the Jedi Order so far?".

JiGZUcY.png

“Truth be told, my service to the Order has only just begun,” Ariana answered, she carefully sat down on the cushion and relaxed her shoulders as she met Master Caedyn’s eyes evenly.

It was a rather short introduction of her tenure with the Jedi Order, but as it stood Ariana hadn’t the faintest ideas of what was to be expected of her. Well, besides what my father had explained to me. She often heard her father talk about the necessity of the Jedi Order, and their stalwart members that faced the evils of the galaxy.

Of course he had softened his opinion greatly after meeting several Jedi, and here Ariana stood as his daughter. A member of the Jedi Order.

“After my homeworld of Teta had been liberated, I have yet continued much of my training. . .and well Jedi Training I have received very little formal training.” Ariana added as she explained her time within the Order. Ariana hoped that she’ll learn more of the Jedi Order, and become someone that can liberate other worlds like her home.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais hadn't been present for the battle of Empress Teta, though he had certainly heard about it through other members of the Order, as well as the Holonews reports. Thinking back to his experiences with the Bryn'adul laying siege and taking worlds after the next, Caedyn could only imagine what Teta might have been like for Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau .

Come to think of it, Caedyn may have been of a similar age when his homeworld Commenor had been invaded and occupied by the Sith Empire, held just shy of a standard year before being liberated by the rebellion that his Father had called together. His first introduction to the battlefield of war. It was most unfortunate that young Jedi like Ariana had to experience it. Confrontation in their missions was to be expected, but the intensity and horror you could witness on the battlefield were a cut above all else.

"Fighting for your homeworld is never easy, but from what I heard it was a hard-won victory for your people in the end" Caedyn replied, speaking with a soft and sympathetic voice, knowing that it could have gone the other way, and taking the moment to appreciate the Padawan's courage; "If ever you want to discuss what you experienced on Teta, you're welcome to do so". He wished to keep the focus of the subject on the Padawan's Jedi path for the time being, however, and so he said little else on the subject of war.

"The reason why I asked about your feelings on the progress you've made so far is that I'm seeking to take on a new Apprentice. As a Jedi Knight, I have the privilege and opportunity to train a Padawan. To guide them and help them to discover the course of their own Path" Caedyn explained, deciding not to draw it out longer than it was required.

"I was impressed by our sparring match the other day. You showed great instinct and initiative during the bout" Caedyn commended the Padawan, though continued on to say; "But a Jedi's ability to fight is only one aspect of our training as I'm sure you know already. The Force. Knowledge and Self-Discipline. Three pillars that lay at the heart of the Order, and that keep us strong in our dedication to serve".

"How much of the ideologies and values of the Order have you been taught?" He asked curiously. There was no right or wrong answer there, only information for Caedyn's better insight as to what Ariana might require in her future training. Be it coming from himself, or another.

JiGZUcY.png

“Ideologies? Well, apart from what my father told me, I haven’t any formal teachings directly from the Order.” Ariana explained, it was all still mostly what she heard from the Holonet and her father’s words.

It was in fact as fresh a start as she could have with the Order at present moment, “So I don’t have much to say about the Jedi Order or its code honestly.” Ariana added with a short laugh at her predicament. She had hoped that she would eventually find a teacher or instructor to show her the fundamentals of the Order eventually, not that she didn’t mind solo meditation.

“Well, aside from the fact that I feel strongly that the Order is a force for good in this galaxy.” Ariana added. It was because her father had explained to her the necessity of the Order and how the future he dreamt of required the Jedi to see fulfilled. And I want to make sure his future come to realization.

“How do we begin the apprenticeship?” Ariana asked, with her other instructor it was as simple as setting up a lesson plan and schedule. She assumed that a Jedi Padawan and their Master was a bit more complex.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Well then, that's perfect. Means there's plenty to work with" Caedyn Arenais smiled to Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau ; "Providing you do want to be my Apprentice, of course. It's a long-term commitment and with luck, will last right up until your Knighthood. Even then, I would seek to act as a guide for any concerns or needs thereafter" Caedyn explained. He was fully committed to the notion of taking her under his wing, seeing it as the largest of his priorities once they would begin.

"The offer is yours to decide, however, and a decision that will affect your long-term role in the Jedi Order. I would provide you with all of my knowledge, and lead you into the field on assignments for the Council as well as the benefit of organizations outside of the New Jedi Order itself" Caedyn informed her; "Not only do I serve the New Jedi Order, but also the Order of the Silver Jedi and the Outer Rim Territories. Oftentimes, I will be on the move across different sectors of the Galaxy on board a Naval Vessel, so you would get to experience a wide variety while out there with me", it was thanks to Caedyn and the Humanitarian Trust that he had set up using his Families influence and funds that the Crew of the Vagabond were able to roam between allied nations, serving as a warship in large and small scale battles. He knew the Senior Staff onboard the bridge on a personal basis, and while he himself was no naval officer, they worked under his guidance and instruction when he found a station aboard.

"Also, I'm not certain if you've heard or not but I've started taking public classes and lessons in the Temple" he pointed out, gesturing to Ariana encouragingly speaking, "I would ask that you attend these where possible, and help to set an example for your peers" he smiled. The notion of his Padawan attending a lesson plan led by he himself sounded good in his mind, especially with the attitudes he had met during the first class he ran.

"So then, what do you think? Do you have any questions?".

JiGZUcY.png

“Knighthood. . . . huh,” Ariana spoke in a breathless tone, the act of becoming a knight was something straight from her faerytales that she read years ago. Her father explained that nobility came with responsibilities, and that it was expected that both of his children would be proper Nobles of Teta. Expected to be a Noble Knight of Teta, and now earning the right to be called a Knight of the Jedi Order. Ariana inwardly smiled and returned her focus back to Master Caedyn.

“Well I will accept your offer to become your apprentice Master Caedyn.” Ariana agreed, she bowed from her kneeling position in a show of gracious acceptance for his commitment to her journey of becoming a true Jedi.

Ariana smiled wide at his comments of exploring and conducting field assignments around the galaxy, “-I have traveled a decent amount as well, we used to do trips to Wild Space, more specifically Abrion system and the planets of both Minor and Major.” Ariana added, her father’s true home planet. It was a rather exciting trip to visit the vastness of the galaxy. Even if much of the Core was filled with plenty of things to do and see, the far reaches of their galaxy like Wild Space contained simply something that much more.

“I’ll attend such classes Master, and my only question really is when our first lessons will begin?” Ariana asked, she was confident in her ability to be a dedicated student, it was her craft after all to be a researcher. With unrivaled patience, in her own mind, the young Du Couteau felt certain that she could handle any Jedi class.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn Arenais gave a nod in response to Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau confirmation and agreement to become his Jedi Apprentice. It was a simple response, a guarded one in a sense as he kept a mixture of feelings and thoughts buried carefully under an otherwise placid exterior.

It had been a good number of years since he had last had a student so directly reliant upon his guidance, as all Padawan were when it came to the advancement of their training...-Not just that, but their livelihood and growth as individuals, whose path was laid out before them.

"Very good" he said, acknowledging the first step that she had taken. One of many to come.

"From here on out, you and I will be working closely together. You will join me on assignments given down by the Council, be they large or small. Any and all services that I provide to the New Jedi Order, you will accompany me" He informed her, wishing to lay out the expectations for their immediate future in few but easy to understand, detail.

"As you will no doubt have learned already, your experiences outside of the Temple will bring a wealth of knowledge at a much greater pace than life within these halls. As Jedi, we will be put in front of occasionally dangerous scenarios, facing conflict and doing what we can to keep the peace wherever possible. You will need to be at your best at all times where possible, and in times that you struggle, I will be there" Caedyn concluded with his word, a promise that he would do all he could to help her.

"Over time, you will get to know me better. You will observe me in the field, and learn how I operate and what drives me. In doing so, you will begin to shape your own motivations" he explained. Caedyn didn't expect that she would agree with everything he believed, did or acted by; Yet she would learn through him and eventually take what skills he had provided and add them to her own. At that point, she may even surpass him as a Force User and a Jedi. That was the ideal outcome for any Master. It was also a long way off, yet.

"Your first lesson will begin today. Now." He responded to her question, finally; "It concerns Jedi etiquette. Behaviour and self-discipline" Caedyn elaborated. Already he had seen some of the behaviour of her peers during his first lesson and he hadn't been impressed. All students were in their individual stages of learning but if he was to lead his own Padawan into the field of duty then he needed to know Ariana knew how to conduct herself both in and outside of the Jedi Temple.

"What have you been taught so far on Jedi Etiquette? Has anyone explained the expected behaviour of a Jedi Padawan, for example?", though it was perhaps a boring discussion to be having, Caedyn needed to know they had covered the basics. He spoke with purpose, a sense of importance being placed upon the subject and Ariana's first official discussion shared with her new Master. It was Caedyn's hope that this would be one to be remembered. It was after all, crucial for a Jedi to understand and exemplify.

JiGZUcY.png
Ariana listened carefully as Master Caedyn continued to explain further the intrinsic nature of the Jedi Order through the relationships of a Master and Apprentice. Ariana was a Du Couteau after all, her father explained that she and her brother were ambassadors of not just of Empress Teta as a Tetan, but as a Du Couteau and his daughter. But most importantly, an ambassador of yourself. The wider galaxy would hardly give her a chance for a second impression, so best to make the first attempt the best attempt.
Her ears perked up when Master Caedyn mentioned that their first lesson would begin this moment of their meeting. Jedi Etiquette was a strange subject to begin with in Ariana’s opinion, but it was hardly an expert opinion, and even less of a knowledgeable opinion. The young Du Couteau heir shook her head to answer her Master’s question.
“Well, not in any official capacity from any Knights or Masters within the Order, I mostly have assumed if I broke any etiquette of the Order I would receive correction in a timely manner.” Ariana explained her answer, in truth that was how she mostly learned with her Martial Arts ability, through trial and error, with corrections from her Teachers or Instructors of the day.
“Have you noticed any mistakes I need to correct so far?”

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
"No, not so far" Caedyn assured her, raising a hand in a brief and dismissive gesture so as to ensure Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau didn't give too much thought to the notion that she may have disappointed him at all; "So far I've been nothing but impressed with what I've seen of your conduct on and off of the sparring floor" he smiled, giving praise where it was due.

"The reason I thought you raise the subject of Jedi conduct and Temple etiquette is so that we can start off with the basics covered. Your behaviour, decisions and actions will have an influence on those around you, whether they be your peers and fellow students, Masters leading you in lessons or those outside of the Jedi Order" Caedyn explained.

"As my Padawan, you will be carrying my reputation with you about the Temple when I'm not with you. Alternatively, I will be directly responsible for your conduct around the Temple and so were you to do something that landed you into any kind of trouble with my peers, I would hear of it and it would reflect on our training together" he elaborated to her. "Not to worry though, it's not as stressful as it might sound. You are a Padawan and naturally you're going to make mistakes along the way. You're not expected to be perfect or without flaw".

"Let's begin with an example of Jedi conduct in an environment you're familiar with, the sparring dojo such as where we shared our first match together. You, like some of your peers, bowed at the beginning of the match to me. Why did you do this?" He posed the question with a half smirk, curious to see whether she did it because she had been expected to, or if she understood the meaning behind the gesture before and after every sparring session.

JiGZUcY.png

So it is about being an ambassador of the Jedi Order. Ariana nodded in agreement with Master Caedyn’s explanation. He gave an example of her bowing during the sparring session and wanted further explanation. Oh, this question!

“Well, I guess it depends on who is asking, as the answers vary. . . but I guess the list is quite long” Ariana quickly responded, in truth her bowing was mostly a habit she had formed. I mean, even one instructor explained the importance of a one handed bow that crossed my chest. . . . which considering. . . Ariana mused on the somewhat circumstance of currently only being able to bow with a single arm.

Ariana raised her left arm in an act of a half shrug, “-I’d like to know your reasoning for a bow, but personally the act itself pretty much helps me to be humble or at least remind me to be.” She explained, before adding further, “-I cannot possibly know every meaning behind the act of bowing, but I can at least respect the unknown history and weight behind their bow with my own. Then maybe learn afterwards and add it to my own reasonings as to why I bow.” Ariana added.

From one Martial Artist Instructor to the next, each explained a particular story behind why they bow before their opponent, their Master and to one another. Ariana would happily rattle off all those stories to her new Master, but what it truly added was the weight of her bow. She bowed to respect not just the person in front of her, but to the ideals and history that the act itself represented.

“Also, I can't very well shake people with my right hand, so it helps to keep awkward moments at bay whenever introductions and greetings are being made.” Ariana added with a bit of a laugh.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
At the Padawan's remark made regarding the loss of her right arm, Caedyn's head lifted in a half nod, a smile to reciprocate the girl's making light of her own loss. "I never did ask how you lost your arm, or if you were interested in substituting it with a prosthetic. Cybernetics are quite common among Jedi due to the nature of our work at times" Caedyn replied, speaking softly and putting the idea out there in case Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau hadn't considered it. He had avoided broaching the subject out of concern for Ariana's comfort, not wishing to make her feel uncomfortable at all.

"Back to the example of bowing before and after sparring with our peers, however..." Caedyn reminded himself to stay on topic, smiling a little at his own expense; "The reasons you've mentioned are good and true. Everyone's personal motivations and ways of showing respect will differ depending on their culture and upbringing. One of the meanings behind the act that I appreciate most is that it symbolizes a silent agreement to leave all past disagreements or quarrels you might have had with your opponent at the edge of the mat before engaging them in training" He explained.

"Like us Knights and Masters, you students live alongside each other here in the Temple day in and day out. It's only natural that you'll eventually disagree or argue. Taking these emotions or bias into a sparring match may likely influence your practice, so by bowing to your opponent, you are telling them that this will be a respectable match, fair and well tempered without bringing personal grievances into the training session" he elaborated, soon giving a pause so that Ariana might consider his example and meaning behind it all.

"Likewise, bowing at the conclusion of a sparring session carries similar meaning in that you won't take the win or loss and carry that pride or sense of defeat with you beyond the match, instead choosing not to let it affect your personal relationships with your peers. Friendly competition is all well and good in moderation, but feelings of anger or resentment for how many blows you may have taken during the match can be damaging to otherwise valuable friendships and working relationships with your fellow Jedi. Thus it's best to always keep these practices in mind, and seek to hold yourself to a higher standard as much as possible".

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana relaxed into the cushion below, releasing the tension from her shoulders, tension she had no idea was there in the first place. With a sheepish smile she scratched the bag of her head with her left hand and shrugged at the question of her missing arm. The young Du Couteau was not in a situation to quickly decide the next course of action to heal her body, if anything Ariana found herself making excuses to miss Doctor appointments. Perhaps there was something deeper going on deep within her, but Ariana hardly felt inspired to dig that deep within herself.

Meditations are like a more complicated nap after all. . . She wearily thought but snapped back to the discussion at hand. The situations and circumstances of feuding with fellow Padawans or even other Jedi for that matter, was interesting, the young Du Couteau heir assumed such disagreements were more philosophical than emotional. But I guess the Jedi are more fallible than I originally thought. She had assumed stoicism was more of the norm among those within the Order, though she had noticed a few Jedi, rather Padawans, express a less stoic personality.

“Well, it seems most people simply need more experience, but experience alone won’t help those with injured egoes and such, an old instructor once told me something akin to. . .” Ariana started, her hand swapped from the back of her head to her chin, rubbing it in a rather thoughtful expression for her Master. “-'Adversity alone doesn’t make us tough or better, we need both to face challenges and be given the tools to overcome those challenges.'” Ariana concluded, it had been a while since that particular lesson, but she hoped she recited the jist of it all.

“Though truth be told this mostly sounds like the stoicism lessons my father had intended to impart upon me once ago. . . it sort of stuck with me for the most part.” Ariana commentated, her left hand returning to her lap. “-But anyways, I don’t see myself being too emotionally attached in my sparring lessons. . . perhaps it’s humility, but my experience dictates we all have eaten dirt at least once before, so we should all appreciate the taste and sympathize with those who haven’t yet gotten used to it. . .” Ariana was hardly one to talk of course, the young Du Couteau heir had raged a few times during her swordsmanship lessons. Getting poked and prodded by practice swords didn't help of course. Perhaps not enough dirt eating in that particular case.

Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau 's answer was as satisfactory as one could hope for, and to her speaking of stoicism and humility, Caedyn nodded in partial agreement and approval. "True, as Jedi we are taught to rise about our impulses and act with reason and humility, as you've said" Caedyn voiced his concurrence; "However we are still sentient beings at the end of the day and so I do see value in going over these...-Arguably basic lessons before you and I move on to more advanced practices" he explained, lending his own intentions in order to elaborate the need for covering what some would consider teachings akin to what hopefuls or initiates might have received long before apprenticeship. One never did know the experiences of a student these days, until put into question.

"As far as adversity is concerned, you yourself have encountered plenty of it in your time as a student of the Order" the Jedi Knight spoke further. It wasn't uncommon for Jedi Padawan to be placed into far more volatile and dangerous circumstances than even the Council might have wished to see, yet the Galaxy had a way of drawing the Order into the field of battle; be that against the Maw, the Sith Empire of old or the now defeated Bryn'adul of Caedyn's former years. "From the reports, I have read from my fellow Masters, and various debriefings, you've displayed no small amount of courage and skill. How do you feel about the progress you've made as a Jedi?" Caedyn asked, studying her intently for a time before adding a further question; "And what do you feel are your weaknesses as a Jedi?".

Before Ariana would answer, Caedyn felt the need to elaborate further on why he was asking such things. "Only you can truly know your limitations and shortcomings, that of which we all possess to a certain degree. I ask these things because you're perceived weaknesses may provide further insight as to where you and I can focus a portion of your future training".

JiGZUcY.png

Being asked to describe a weakness she might possess, or lack of a particular skill, was a normal thing she was often asked. The question posed to her however was not of her own talents, but her as a Jedi, quite the conundrum being only a Padawan for only a few months at most. But I guess I have enough experience to answer it partially at least. Ariana mused a tad, her thoughtful expression furrowed her eyebrows, her fingers drummed across her right leg the entire time.

“-As a Jedi? Well, I am no swordsman so there is that to consider for my martial talents and combat effectiveness overall. . .” Ariana began, it sounded like a rather short list in her head, and even shorter when spoken out loud. “-Perhaps I will also include my own lack of experience against true danger. . . “ She trailed off slowly, her fingers stopped tapping and gently grabbed her pant legs. It had been a terrible time since she lost her arm during the liberation of her home-world, and now she felt as if facing the challenges afterwards was like being lost in some sort of maze.

“But perhaps it is because of my inexperience that I can maintain most of my stoic behavior during combat. I don’t allow myself to be riled up by taunts or gestures, nor do I find myself panicking during desperate moments. . . either because I’m unaware of the danger or lack the understanding to appreciate my precarious circumstance.” Ariana added with a bit of thoughtfulness, this was stewing in her mind for the past couple of months and found it rather satisfying to express her thoughts in such a way.
Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I can and will train you in the Saber Arts. This is paramount to your effectiveness in the field" Caedyn Arenais informed his Padawan squarely, a matter of fact that there would be no debate on. "From there, we can explore alternative weapons that might better suit your particular style of combat once you've learned what that might be".

The use of the standard lightsaber would open up Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau 's path towards more advanced forms of weaponry that might better suit the young Jedi, but for that she first needed to learn how to defend herself in armed combat. After all, not everyone was going to take to her in hand-to-hand combat as they first had sparred.

"Experience in the field is something that you will also gain along by my side, as with your peers on missions handed down by the Jedi Council. That is something that all Padawan experience in their own time, and a challenge that you will overcome as I myself once had to. It may not be easy, but you will not be alone" he concluded with a sincere smile, seeking to encourage her in that he would always be there to guide and help her should it ever be required.

"What of your abilities with regards to the use of the Force?" He would soon ask; "You managed to channel your strength into your hands and legs during our sparring match. It took me by surprise at the time, I suspect that it might be some adaption of tutaminis but I myself haven't come across someone who practiced it quite like you had" he gave a firm nod in a show of his approval.

"We will start training with the lightsaber momentarily, I want to ensure you make progress on that front as soon as possible. However, what other abilities or skills have you picked up along the way where Force Abilities are concerned? If any".

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana smiled as she nodded happily at her Master’s response, it was at least for the moment comforting there was a fresh instructor to teach her the way of the Lightsaber. But let us see how quickly we wear down that patience. . . The young Du Couteau heiress mused to herself. Her Master’s next inquiry though gave Ariana a slight pause, with a thoughtful expression she answered him.

“Well the white embers that blossom around my forearms, fists and lower leg area, is a Force ability called Convection. As to protect those areas I was also taught the Bakuuni Method, to not just strengthen my limbs but keep myself from enveloping myself in flames.” Ariana explained, she had far too many memories of incidents of setting her sleeves and pant legs on fire. Far too many examples of near self-immolation. Ariana sighed inwardly at the thought and memory.

“Tutaminis isn’t a Force ability that I frequently practice, I tend to avoid direct lightsaber contact, as I instead use Force bubbles and shields. . . I was also instructed in Nar Kanji and Zavat too.” Ariana added, quickly remembering her studies from back then on Teta. Her father wanted her to be peaceful but never harmless, a folly that he had seen far too many times.

She placed her left hand back down on her lap as she leaned forward once again, “-Oh! Also a few lessons of Force sight and attempts of Alchaka after my Meditations of movement and floating from time to time.” Truthfully many of those lessons were cut short due to the advancement of the Maw into the Core worlds. Ariana had hoped to continue those lessons under her father, but. . .
But those are past thoughts and today marks the moment of the future.
Vy2NTqS.png

|| Caedyn Arenais ||​

Caedyn Arenais

C
“Tutaminis isn’t a Force ability that I frequently practice, I tend to avoid direct lightsaber contact, as I instead use Force bubbles and shields. . . I was also instructed in Nar Kanji and Zavat too.”

The Jedi Knight smiled to himself as he listened to his Padawan, Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau not yet realizing that she was speaking on variations of Tutaminus itself as Caedyn had learned of it long ago. Many Jedi had labelled many individual Force Abilities such as 'Force Bubbles' or 'Shields' but he had been taught long ago that these fell under the umbrella term of Tutaminus, just like the gods awful 'Force Protect' and 'Force Absorb' names did.

"Tutaminus is more than simply being able to grasp the blade of a Lightsaber without being injured. There are multiple ways to apply the technique, whether they be against physical energies such as electricity and Lightsabers, or ethereal energy such as the Force. To negate the use of Telekinesis, specifically Force Grip, can be done with the application of Tutaminus for example. To use the Force from within, to protect yourself against dangers from outside" Caedyn explained, though soon added "Or so I was taught" he smiled once more.

Ariana's techniques where her unarmed combat was concerned, however, needed no such correction. The Bakuuni Hand in combination with the use of Convection was an impressive tactic to employ and could be devastating in a live combat scenario. As deadly as any Jedi could be, under the circumstance.

"Alchaka. Interesting you mention that one" Caedyn spoke with a sense of familiarity in thought, "Originally developed by the Je'daii before being adopted into the Jedi Order. Exceptional for learning combination striking and keeping one's mind clear. It was something I too practised under Stav Kesh. As a Padawan, my training was under the Je'daii Order led by Asha Hex" Caedyn elaborated; "My Master. Long ago".

With her close-quarters technique already developed, Caedyn wondered about Ariana's defence against the Dark Side of the Force. There were many dark and horrible techniques that could be utilized by the Sith at both close quarters or ranged distances. "Aside from using Force Shields, what other abilities do you know of, and have learned, where protecting yourself against the Dark Side is concerned?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom