Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Path of Great Resistance (Knighting ceremony)

"Oh."

Cora winced slightly as Lossa gestured to her nose. She'd heard about the bombing, about how Denon had gone into lockdown and Corpsec tripled their efforts to hunt down those responsible and adjacent groups. Her own trip to Denon, more recently, hadn't been a pleasant jaunt. Less government-sanctioned slaughter, more gang violence.

Her gaze drifted over to Makko, recalling the state she'd found him in. How far he'd come from that night.

"I'm not surprised that he saved you. Despite being a delinquent, he's always…"

There was a look in the Zeltron's eyes that had her trailing off.

"I'm guessing you're sweet on Makko. How'd you two,"

The austere hardness dropped from Cora's face, replaced instantly with flushed surprise. "H-hey, wait-" She stammered as Lossa threw an arm around her, ushering them closer towards the young Knight as he was being greeted by a Jedi she wasn't yet familiar with.

"You don't have to- get your hands off of-"

As much as she wanted to, Cora withheld the instinct to flail and twist her way out of Lossa's hold. Instead, she addressed the Zeltron in a harsh whisper.

"Weusedtodate,happy?"

Straightening out as they approached Makko, Starlin, and the darkly garbed young man, Cora willed the blush from her face and smiled pleasantly.

"Sir." She tilted her head in greeting, gaze shifting to Makko, then Starlin.

"Congratulations, Makko. A promotion well earned. And congratulations to you as well, Starlin. Hopefully Makko hasn't caused you too much trouble over the years?"

A faint tickle of humor tilted her lips, her expression amiable, but a hint of faraway sadness lingered in her eyes.

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast

Tenn Kalos

T
"Oh," Tenn furrowed his brow, processing what Starlin said, "Wait, you are?" That wasn't something that ever came up, not that there were many contexts for his master to point out that he owned a nightclub.

A few of the other observers had begun to mingle, including the infamous Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn . Tenn hadn't interacted with her much himself, but she had an abrasive reputation. He regarded her and her friend with a nod, "Plundered loot?" Master Rand was an eccentric man. Half the time Tenn didn't know whether to be perplexed or just enjoy the ride.

"…Do they allow dogs at the Cobalt Club?"

"What? You legend."

Starlin beamed. That quote was definitely going in his biography.

"Oh. Wait, you are?"

Starlin nodded, fidgeting with his hands. He didn't like bragging about his wealth or property. Not that there was much stigma about Jedi being well-off anymore, what with noblemen and royalty becoming students. "It's useful owning property around the galaxy. You never know when you might need a place to lie low, or quick access to cash and useful gear."

"Plundered loot?"

"I had an archaeologist for a mentor, and another archaeologist for a master. Between the two of them, I did a lot of tomb raiding." He shrugged. "Why, do you wanna get rich?"

"…Do they allow dogs at the Cobalt Club?"

"I can make Shep a VIP," he said, taking out his datapad to call the Club. "Have a steak dinner waiting for him. Only the best for the goodest of boys."

"Nice eyeliner," Eloise remarked to Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast just before Lossa and Cora arrived. The purple-haired Padawan drew back, either not liking how big the group was getting or not wanting to interact with either of the newcomers, Starlin didn't know. Albrecht lingered, his gaze fixed on Corazona. Or maybe he was just staring off into space.

"Congratulations, Makko. A promotion well earned. And congratulations to you as well, Starlin. Hopefully Makko hasn't caused you too much trouble over the years?"

"He's been one of my least troublesome apprentices, actually," Starlin replied, with some amount of sadness in his otherwise light tone. "Second only to Tenn here, who is a sweet little angel." Comparatively, at least. "I think I see our ride."

huqBpS1.png

Tags: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Tenn Kalos Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Her arm kept an easy grip on Cora, her mood drifting between irritation and plain glee as she spied the look from Makko.

Oh she knew that look. Had seen it staring back at her in a mirror what felt like forever ago now. The information Cora shared about formerly dating being the final little piece that ripped back the amusement at the situation. Her smile never truly went away, but it didn't quite reach her eyes anymore.

Makko to his credit didn't let the emotion play out on his face, able to smother it with a greeting. Let his other emotions take over as the girl gave proper congratulations.

Lossa did not capitalize on the lie she'd been told. Instead keeping quiet for the time the girl spoke.

Lost in her own thoughts until the mention of their ride arriving made her chin rise slightly. A tight control over her emotions as she gave Makko a smile and looked to Cora.

"Yeah. I'll be there. Just. Probably, gonna change, so. I'll meet you all there." Nodding as she stepped back.

NotNybs.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom