Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The path of Ambition

Detro

D
Detro noticed the use of much older choices of recording. While he could understand sometimes that might seem better, he personally saw it only as superior in ability to keep secrets. It was much easier to destroy something physical then to hack something which might have numerous copies somewhere which just weren't connected. But he would not criticize it, Credius Credius would have his methods to achieve what he needed to. Detro just needed to be able to accommodate and manage his own.

He made a nod as the man mentioned the observations being more than just the force. He was slid a glass, which he picked up, taking a sip of only as the Marquis did and enjoying the flavor, but not letting it distract him. He heard the comment about a long life, "To me it seems quite normal. Everyone else just dies early. Which has it's own problems as you say." he responded. It was after-all the nature of his species, and not in fact a peculiarity among them.

He made a comment about Detro's previous experience in the military, and his ambition. For a moment Detro considered the possibility he was wondering if Detro would be trying to take his, or that of another individual of power. Detro was ambitious, but he was not foolhardy. He took his time in his route to success. He had a lot of time left, and so he had no reason to rush that.

The man further explained, about the difference of one connection to the force and another. There was a difference, though, Detro more easily noticed that between himself and the jewel. That one was much more obvious. He shook his head in regards to if it made him feel uncomfortable. At least, not anymore than Detro could handle. He had spent his life in considerable control, having never tried the soup took a great amount of will. And while it might be tempting to try that here, he was not going to break that streak unless he truly saw an advantage to it. And it was not here.

He was told he could be started off as a part directly of the Regular legions. To which the Anzat nodded again with a smile,
"There is, perhaps, one more important detail I should inform you of. An explanation for my lifespan. Not enough reason to hide it from you and you'd probably deduce it anyway, I am Anzat. I have, however, never actually partaken in the Soup. If I had, I imagine I'd be a good bit stronger. I will gladly follow through with the position and fully intend to prove myself worthwhile."

Writing down a few things, Credius simply gave Detro a faint smile when he listened to the Anzati's responses. In front of him did not sit a potical or ideological opponent, but perhaps more of a great, loyal and trustworthy subordinate in the making. Tilting his head for a moment though, the Viceroy's expression turned a bit inquisitive and he seemedto be a bit at a loss for a few moments, before regaining his composure and letting his expression yet again turn into a more neutral, unfazed one.

"I must apologize," Credius placed the pen and papers down on the table, taking a sip from his glass, leaning back in his chair and motioning the Anzat to continue. "This... Soup you mention, does this stand for the immersion into the force or some form of doctrine or system in your culture? Do not misunderstand me, I am interested in learning more about your culture, should it benefit me in future endeavours or relations, as you are probably aware and I will not hide from it, I am not someone who goes into a certain direction without having predetermined knowledge that taking said direction is in my advantage."

Placing the glass on the table, the Viceroy of the Eriadu system let out a sigh and leaned a bit forward, clasping his hands together for a moment. "You seem to be of at the very least above average intelligence, you have ingrained your body and spirit with discipline and pragmatism, you've already shown considerable aptitude in your fighting. Now to gain a commanding position, you'd need to prove yourself in your duty and your assignments. However, due to your talents, it would be a waste not to at least strengthen the virtues and advantages you already have to further your career and thus increase your use to me in general," Credius thought about it, to have this man be indoctrinated within the Valkan guard and mold his force potential was already a good foresight, but perhaps this man's use even went beyond such trivial points in the larger, broader scheme of things. After all, there were still the issues of having the confederate defense fleet being deployed within his system, the knights obsidian which seemed to have more sway in general than he did as a viceroy. Though he was already aiming to curtail those factions' power within the confederacy, Credius knew that in the end it was all just a game and the one who had the best placed pieces and pawns was the one to be victorious.

Detro

D
Detro noted the moment that Credius Credius reacted to his comment of the Soup. Seemingly with confusion. Detro took a sip from his drink as he explained what he thought it might mean. Immersion in the force was made as an offer, an interesting interpretation. Which wasn't completely far off, but also was definitely not close enough to be considered the correct assumption. Also taking note of Credius's comment on how he conducted his own actions, too which the Anzati nodded simply.

He didn't interrupt him to answer as he continued, complimenting Detro's intelligence, discipline and combative skill. But still noting that to get a command position required further evidence. But that it was still important to take advantage of a persons positive attributes. Detro nodded again. Then took in a breath as he prepared to explain just what The Soup was to an Anzati.

"I guess you aren't...completely familiar with what an Anzati is. Which shouldn't be a surprise, we aren't exactly very common, and even when we are around most don't discover us because we try and stay hidden." He responded rubbing his fingers, eventually allowing the proboscis hidden in the cheeks to emerge, thin tendril like things that can move around, "The Soup,"

He pointed to his head, "Is the brain. Though it has been discovered that the stronger the connection the force of the prey, the stronger we will be if we feed. For my entire life I have hungered for it, but early on my mother drilled into me a fear of the Jedi finding and killing me due to the addictive nature of it. Even when the fear left, the resolve to control myself remained. I never fed, as a result. I have a very strong will, and a constant urge to try, but never do so. I trained myself in the ways of how, telepathy, hypnosis, the senses, physical combat, but never actually used it for that purpose. In spite of my previous position probably having been an optimal time for it."

He held up his drink and took another longer sip of it, "An everlasting hunger that I never chose to quench. Probably what made me so fit for the military. Rigid order and structure was something I had ingrained in myself long before they did. Guess you might as well know, I'm only around two hundred forty. I have another five hundred or so years before I need to be concerned about old age."

"I see," Credius had to admit that he was quite perplexed by what he was hearing, but also by what he was seeing. However, rather than freak out, the reaction he gave was probably just as unexpected to the Anzat as his own explanation would've been to any other man. The viceroy though, seemed to positively gleam when the anzat revealed the two probisci. The man even stood up rather calmly,leaning forward to see the tendrils up close. "So...brains and in particular those who are force sensitive seem to do the trick in strengthening your kind, that is if I am assuming correctly. I see, I see...well, in a way I understand why this would frighten the jedi, but rest assured that it does not frighten me nearly as much as you'd think."

Humming to himself, the viceroy bounced up straight immediately, walking over to some shelves with books which lined one of the walls in his study, stroking those books with his right indexfinger until he found the book he apparently was looking for. "Let's see... I knew I had this compendium of galactic etymology...yes, yes, I see..." Turning around, the Viceroy smiled, as blueish black cracks seemed to appear in his skin, which instantly became much paler, almost a mixture between ash and alabaster. His eyes, locked onto the Anzat, turned a hellish crimson, red as the color of the jewel he was wearing. "Let's just say that we all wear masks, all of us except for death itself."

Walking up close to Detro , Credius finally stood behind the two hundred fifty something old man, letting out a soft sigh. "The force simply acts like a drug on your people, as it should. As the force strengthens all of us, it also causes an addiction when it is not administered correctly or through the proper channels...as you do not intentionally feed on the force, the results are thus more akin to a drug, as they are a sweetener to your meals, the sugar to which you get addicted if ingested in such a course and unrefined manner," Placing his hand onto Detro's head, the Viceroy suddenly seemed to let go of all the restraints he had put onto himself, the room seemingly swallowed up by the shadows, the darkness thickening the air, making it cold and hard to breath. Attuning his own power with that of the jewel he was wearing, the exposed Sith Lord now calmly let out a dry chuckle. "As you already have your own connection to the force, this additional force would most likely not end up benefitting you just as much as you would desire or think, yet due to this constant hunger, this neverending pressure upon you, you are also unable to fully tap into your force potential. A pity, but now we can change that. This may bring me some slight discomfort, but don't worry...It'll just feel like dying to you."

With that being said, the Anzat would be able to feel a massive surge of force seeping into his own brain, flowing through the entirity of his body, giving him tingling sensations in places he never knew existed and probably never used before, but he would also feel cold, extremely cold, as this was not just someone letting the force flow into him, but someone bending the force to their will and forcing it to course through them, the agony, pain and suffering of a thousand souls trapped in eternity ripping through every cell, but the pain would subside, the agony would vanish...if the anzat didn't struggle too much, he would end up feeling...stronger, more focused and... well fed.

Detro

D
Detro cocked his head as Credius Credius answered with his reaction. Or lack there of in some way. He understood it seemed the actions of the Anzati, though he did not have any fear of it. Naturally Detro assumed it was due to the jewel, as whatever it was seemed far more malignant in nature then an Anzati did. For an Anzati only killed, something which many species did. But the jewel seemed far different, as did Credius himself.

He watched as the man looked through books. Wondering if there was some bit of information specifically on Anzat or feeding that the man might know about that he didn't For as old as Detro might be compared to most, he was not incredibly knowledgable compared to properly trained force sensitives. Of course most of his abilities were used for stealth, not for raw power.

He leaned his head back as he observed the change in Credius. The face was one thing, he had observed many individuals who shapeshifted or hid their appearance. That was not what was serious, it was the return of truth. They both were prone to hiding what they were, but what Credius was beneath was far more powerful than what Detro was. As he was explaining the way he fed on the force differently and how it should, the room filled with darkness and emptiness. Even though Detro was intellectually sure this was not a threat, he was far from not being intimidated. The way it seemed to choke him and strangle not just his lungs but his senses.

The words Credius spoke he listened too, though it took a few extra seconds for each to be comprehended. So when he heard that it would feel like dying to him, he had a moment of uncertainty before it hit him. He opened his mouth as if to let out a scream or shout of pain his entire body shaking as he was flooded by a combination of sensations. A chill so cold it was as if he'd never feel warm again. A shivering and tingling of his body to its very core and beyond. And the pain, the suffering. The same that he had sensed within the stone. Surging through him, he couldn't even think about what his body was supposed to be doing at the moment, what he should be seeing or hearing. Just the pain and power that struck like lightning.

And then it was gone, he found himself fall to his knees for a moment breathing heavily, and yet. He didn't feel weak. No he didn't even feel remotely weak. He felt strong, stronger than he'd ever felt before. But more then that there was something lacking. Something lacking, because something wasn't. He didn't have the same hunger for the Soup as before. Perhaps it was temporary, perhaps it would return. But it was gone and he felt more clear then he ever had before. And all that pain, faded away.

There was almost a bit of a laugh of sorts, quiet but there, "I've never felt that before." he said, putting a foot down and standing himself up, he was overly aware of his breathing. Overly aware of the presence of every living thing, of his own thoughts and body. It was like someone had just removed the ear muffs and dark sunglasses from him for the first time in his life, and then woken up from the best rest in existence. He looked at his own hand as if it was not his own, "I don't believe I've ever been so energized. Thank you." his eyes skipped to the man.

Pieces flickering through his mind of information. Every bit of information collected over the period that he had first run into him. An item of unusual power and clearly dark side presence, a man hiding his face and his power. Knowledgable and very strong in the force. "You're certainly granting me a lot of knowledge and...this gift, for having little more than my word in regards to my past and future. Is there a particular plan in mind I should know about. Because for something like this, I'm sure I can do a great deal."

When he released his handfrom the Anzat's head, the Sith Lord could feel it, the increased focus and strength within the one who now was feeling the resonance of power within themselves. The man's cracked visage showed a rather sinister smile upon this realization, which made it clear what the true character of this person was: a manipulative, insanely mad, but also impressively intelligent person who did not see their ambition as lacking or petty. "This galaxy's filled to the brim with those that want something, that desire something, but I am different...I do not desire such petty, singular objectives as wealth or power, I simply desire it all, to control the chaos which swirls throughout the galaxy and all living beings, wether it be through bending the force to my will, through words or even through business, I want it all and nothing will stop me from achieving this," Looking down at Detro the viceroy's sinister smile turned into a wide grin. This poor Anzat, never having seen the use, the benefits of his race's strong points, feared throughout the galaxy, hunted down and killed for their abnormalcy, but Credius was different. He did not see this abnormalcy as a sin or a problem, not even a threat, but as he viewed all things: a tool and this very tool, when molded with caution and care, could potentially be of very great use to his further endeavours. "I am not putting my trust or my faith in you, Detro... I'm simply demanding your loyalty and deemed this to be a most adequate price to enlighten you to the benefit of joining forces with me."

Letting out a sigh and covering his face with one hand for a moment, a slight surge in the force could be felt before the entirity of the room felt as if there had been no use of the force prior at all, with even the jewel having been sufficiently suppressed to only give off a slight, almost unremarkable tingle. "Though I may be considered powerful and have possession of many a gift within the force, in the end, I am but a human..." Lowering his hand, the viceroy revealed that his face had already been covered by the mask again, his eyes a cold shade of silver, his skin immaculate. However, the smile remained. "I do not doubt that throughyour loyalty, you will show your use and through showing your use and loyalty, you will gain all you desire through me. I am human and thus embrace my nature as a member of a weak, cruel and vicious race, as such you better embrace your own self and stop resisting that which comes natural. Use your peculiarities for me, embrace your anzat nature and you too will be able to see beyond the chaos, the way to control it and by that, the way to mold the galaxy to your desire."

Detro

D
Detro understood the type of person he was dealing with here. He didn't have to deal with them often, because most who thought they were it, weren't. Most people who considered themselves manipulators were often just abusing their power on people beneath them and didn't understand how to actually control anyone, because in truth they were merely cobs in a clock. Crooked cobs, but cobs nevertheless. This case however was different, Credius Credius was fashioning the pieces more carefully. Although he had revealed himself to Detro, the Anzat really had no reason to betray him, so it served as little danger to him. Which was perhaps why he was so willing to, presumably, reveal a plan to him. An extremely ambitious plan. And explaining why what exactly he was doing with Detro rather then any kind of trust.

Naturally, Detro assumed, his own betrayal would result in at the very least a hefty bounty if he were to escape at all. Such a strange situation he'd gotten himself in. Of course, he had no intention of any kind of betrayal. It would serve him very little and only do harm, even if Credius were not a potential threat if he did it, leaving a position where he could get what he was being told would be foolish.

The rooms presence seemed to vanish, once again hidden by the man just as his face would be as well. A smile on a false face. Detro too ensured his was hidden, though it was perhaps a good deal less important for him to do so, he had a practice to maintain. However even with that bit of focus to hide it, he could tell how much his mind had been eased. Credius spoke of how things may unfold, Detro's loyalty, and in turn what Detro would gain. Even being told to embrace his nature.

Well, if that was what he was prompted to do, that is what he would do, "Well, then to accomplish that." he said folding his hands behind his back as he ensured his proboscis were well hidden running his fingers along his cheeks, "Would it be a plan to, regardless of official rank, put me in more advantageous positions where useful. And so that I can ensure I can properly grow in some form or another, you say to embrace it, so too embrace it would involve indulging myself in the Soup, where convenient. And learning a way to do so with minimal addiction, but maximum advantage of what it is I am truly taking."

Though it might have been phrased a bit odd, the suggestion he knew would benefit the both of them. On the natural end it benefited him, because official rank is not always important. And he was now open to a more fascinating option then military authority, that of growing in the force. He had tested his methods in the military before and having authority was sometimes more time consuming then not. However if he was put in such a position that he could be sent on the right kinds of missions, missions where his abilities were best implemented and where he could potentially draw from an enemy. Much could be gained. As having a powerful Anzat, a strong telepath, soldier, and force user, could surely prove at least somewhat of an advantage.

The man looked better, healthier and it also seemed to come out in his words. Credius liked this change, this seemingly new spark of life in this Anzat who had been opened up to the very act of 'partaking in the soup' as it apparently was called by their kind. The fact that the Viceroy actually had a method to stimulate or at the very least replicate this process without truly having to exert himself and in a sense thus sparing the Anzat from lessened mental and physical prowess was a success to note. Ofcourse there was always the danger of Detro becoming greedy, overcome by hunger or on the opposite side of the coin; guilt in the long run. However, the viceroy wouldn't have gotten were he was if it wasn't for him practically always having something to fall back on, so his worries were less about being betrayed or backstabbed and only about having overestimated this new ward, but as a businessman, he relished to see what he could get out of this Anzat's skills and ambition.

"For now I may appoint you to interim Centurion Maximus of the Second legion, which lost it's leader due to retirement," The viceroy walked over to the desk in the study, opened a drawer andpulled out a datapad with a cypher attached to it in the form of House Nargath's crest, it happened to be the badge the ofduty members of the guard were all carrying on their chest and which the on duty guardsmen had attached to their dustcapes. "It might not sound all too important, but it IS the second highest rank available within the Valkan guard. Prove yourself worthy and youmay keep the rank or even be part of something better, disappoint me and you'll be dropped to centurion and will be getting some extra tasks to reaffirm your use ofcourse. You'll for now be paid a regular centurion's wage, with all the additional bonuses such as general healthcare, free courses provided by the members of the Valkan Guard going from simple basic fighting skills to advanced piloting. There is also the point of lodgings, if you need a place to stay, the West Wing which houses the Valkan Guard also has barracks, a bathhouse and a cafetaria with their own staff. If there are any more questions, you may ask them and I will have you settle yourself in in the meantime."

Detro

D
Detro nodded his head as he was told his new position would be that of interim Centurion Maximus of the Second legion. He wondered if that'd end up with unwanted attention, or not. Regardless, he was not going to refuse that position. Looking at the crest as Credius Credius took it from the drawer as he further explained the position. Causing Detro to raise his eyebrows, that was certainly a high rank. Though, it also meant there would be a great deal more of expectations. He was willing to follow through on that.

Also it seemed there was an offer of further training, that could be useful. At least to ensure his skills remained in top notch position. After the information given, he was asked if if there was any questions. "Just one, where do I start?" he asked.

Credius Credius

Looking up from the datapad he was using to completely enroll the Anzat properly into the Valkan guard, the Viceroy faintly smiled when hearing this new subordinate ask him where he's have to start, rather than divulge wether or not he wanted to visit the West Wing of the massive palacecomplex first. "You seem to be incredibly eager to start,hmm?" For a moment, Credius remained silent, letting out a long sigh and rubbing his left temple with his free hand. "Perhaps it is best to first get your gear from the quartermaster in the barracks, he'll also assign you your own sleeping quarters and you'll be given the list of those that are part of your legion."

Putting down the datapad on the desk, the viceroy held out the badge in the shape of House Nargath's crest towards the Anzat, motioning to the man to take it, as it did contain all the security clearances and codes necessary for his command to go smoothly. "You'll have access to the entire west wing with this and the underground hangarbay," It didn't seem that much in the viceroy's own opinion, but to have Detro take the slot of centurion maximus would be a suitable way to see how good the Anzat was with responsibilities and leadership, but also logistics and administration, as they were part to the upper echelon within the guard, deciding upon the spending and use of the budget in terms of weapôns, armor, gear, etc. "You're free to leave, I suggest you settle yourself first, you'll be called upon whenever there is a task for you or your legion."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom