Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Particulars of hunting [talohn atar]

Kat had been on a lot of jobs. Naturally, she preferred the ones that didn't involve her having to kill someone. But, there were times that it was unavoidable. She wasn't callous about it, but it came with the job. This, however, was another one of the taken in alive bounties. At least, that was the preferable method, 50,000 credits alive, only 5,000 if dead. They wanted the man to pay for his crimes, and most bounty hunters wouldn't accept a job that low paying if they were only out for the kill. They were being hired by a small mostly unimportant planet, but one that had recently had a bit of immigration, no doubt thanks to the Byrn or the Sith, someone trying to conquer or destroy their world. So they ran. The bounty was put out by Marshal Pondar Levith. A nikto, surprisingly, and was for an Ithorian going by Gugg.

"Gugg" had been scamming immigrants into believing that there were almost no residences left, and that without residence they couldn't have citizenship, and could be legally robbed or beaten without almost any consequences. Then he'd negotiate unfair contracts, often taking their ships or possessions in return for the lowest of the possible places to live, most of which didn't even have the bare necessities. It was becoming a serious problem and they wanted him taken care of before his business put too many people in poverty.

However, the Marshall also didn't want to risk sending out a bunch of hunters into the city who were just going to blast their way through to get to the target first. As a result, the request would only be taken if they were first spoken to and put into a group before being sent out. Since the price was not the biggest, the Marshal wasn't expecting the biggest turnout, especially with the addition of wanting them alive so much.

Kat was on her way herself, her ship was an old one. She really wanted to get a better one, but for now, this was hers. And she wasn't going to just let it go away for awhile she thought. It was good for bounty hunting though, since most of what she did was on foot and it could fit five prisoners. Not that you couldn't just fit any freighter with cages. Still, nobody was going to pay her good for a ship this old.

Kat donned her armor as she always did for these jobs, putting on her weapons and stepping out to head into the building the Marshal had designated for the group. She'd worked with other hunters before, some were better people, some were awful. She wasn't fond of trandoshans, those people didn't bounty hunt just for the money or for the need to bring people to justice in any way. They did it for the hunt itself. And that didn't sit well. But there were good ones out there, people who didn't just kill needlessly. Who either did it to survive or just because they wanted to help but didn't want to be stuck with a job as a member of law enforcement. Like her.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"What the hell kind of name is Gugg." She'd hear a voice mutter with a slight Catharese accent. Funnily enough, it's an actual cathar, how rare. At the moment, he's exiting a Barloz class ship that had landed in the hangar beside hers. The ship is an old model, but still an effective one for sure. Especially since Talohn has souped it up to fit his needs. The cathar is donned in amorweave pants and black leather boots. His upper body is clothed with an armoweave longcoat of the same color, and under that is a durasteel ches plate, with a blast vest layered over it. He's not lacking in the armor department. On his right hip is a DE-10 heavy blaster, and in a holster on his chest is a smaller A-180 pistol. On a sling that hangs at his side is a DP-23 shotgun, a refurbished relic from the clone wars of all things, and on his back is a DH-447 sniper rifle. Finally, it can't be seen, but there's a viroblade in a sheath under his loncoat, strapped just above his hips. He's got a belt around his waist to hold various gear, the main ones seeming to be smoke grenades and flash grenades. A well equpped merc for sure.

Of course, then the thing follows him off the ship. White metal with an orange trim, slender but still intimidating despite a height of 5'8. The droid designated as Madlad speaks in it's cynical and dark voice. "A name given by uncaring parents, I'll wager." The droid states, it's single eyed gaze pivoting about to scan the area. The droid is in no way rigid. It can move perfectly, right down to doing martial arts if it wanted to. At the moment, Madlad had a blaster at their side.

Upon spotting cat, the cathar waves a grey furred hand. "Oi. oi. You here for the bounty hunt too? That's a mando ship, is it not? Relic of a model too. Then again." He laughs. "I'm not one to talk, mine's about 800 years old." Talohn, friendly as can be, begins approaching. The droid behind him however, is not friendly as can be. It follows behind talohn. Calmly, quetly, menacingly. "I got the message, we'll be working together then? Wonder if we'll be splitting the price or if we'll all be paid the same. Hoping for the latter, but money is money."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Kat glanced to the side to see the Cathar. Not the most common species to see off world. Then again, neither were the Falleen, at least, outside of crime. Felines and reptiles. Not the most similar creatures. Talohn Atar Talohn Atar was a few inches taller than her, and was armed with far more weapons then she did. Although, he was also seemingly equipped more for a ranged design. Kat had her beskad with her, among other weapons. And relied more on her gauntlets when it came to semi-ranged battles. She had ranged weapons on her ship, but was not prone to using them. Though, she planned on doing so more often, but adding even more weapons would encumber her. And she preferred to stay nimble. This soldier however, looked like he was ready for war.

She shrugged at the comment of a name, "He's an Ithorian. What do you expect. They barely even have mouths." she answered, not that her face could be seen under the helmet. She wasn't against removing it, and did so at times. But not typically when near to active combat, as could be the case now. She glanced behind him as out came the droid, also taller than her. Falleen's weren't known for their height then again. A strange machine. Kat never had the credits for droid company, then again, it'd rarely do her much good. Extra credits for repairs, and a lot of droids just weren't worth the payout for her.

Talohn greeted her pretty friendly, for such a removed race at least. She gave a nod at the ship,
"Pursuer. More a fossil then a ship, but she's got prison cells and she flies." she responded. She sounded rather neutral, but certainly not unfriendly. Though raised more by a mandalorian than a Falleen, she was still used to hiding her own emotions. Of course, growing up for a time in slavery also doubtless made that skill grow. "An excellent question, which hopefully we can have answered soon."

They'd be greeted soon, by a protocol droid, and two guards. Not aggressively. The droid offered to guide them to the room where they would be discussing the bounty. As it started to lead the way and Kat kept behind she spoke again, "Not often to see a Cathar out here. And I definitely don't recognize your droids model. Got a story behind that?"

Equipment:
Kat Kenrid's Beskar'gam
Crushgaunts
Beskad
Two cortosis weave vibro blade daggers

Talohn Chuckles at the statement about mouths. "Guess we won't be knocking out any teeth then." Before they continue, looking the ship up and down. "Hey...y'know. If you refurbished the ship, made it look all shiny and pristine. A collector would probably take it off your hands for a decent some. A tidy profit to get a new ship. Tons of crazies buy that sorta thing. I ran with a merc crew after leaving Cathar. Saved up enough money there to buy my beauty." He gestures to the Barloz class ship. He definitely seems to love his tech.

He then proceeds to follow along beside her. I'll be kinda pissed if they don't pay use each equally and we have to split it. You can't just do that to people who came all this way. I had to fly though..." He shivers. "Corellia space to get here." He really doesn't seem to like Corellia, his fur even stands up, which is odd since it covers his entire body. His eyes then drift to the protocol droid they're approaching, and instantly turns on Madlad. "Hey, just a reminder, I don't want a repeat of last time. What did I tell you?" The droid stands in stoic silence for a moment before speaking. "Don't soccer kick ewoks, no matter how amusing it is." Talohn sighs, a hand reaching up to his face to pinch his brow. "No, no. The other thing." The droid, unusual for well, any droid, vocalizes a sigh of irritation, despite not having lungs. "You do not part salvage droids that are not in the junk yard, and when in the junkyard, it is ok to salvage the junk dumping units as long as no one is looking." Talohn would have preferred that second part not be said, but Madlad was trying his best! "Yea...you got it." He chuckles nervously.

Once they're past the protocol droids, Talohn raises a brow at Kat's question. He then proceeds to knock on Madlad's chest. "He's a Talohn model. Made him myself when I was 19 from salvage. Been upgrading him ever since." The droid then speaks up. "I can speak for myself, you know." It then, intimidating aura still oozing from it, looks directly at Kat. "I am droid model [ERROR; ERROR; INVALID; PLEASE CORRESPOND WITH MENTAL PROGRAMMING PART RECALL]. Designation, Madlad. I'm a self learning unit, and will be quite helpful in the coming combat encounter. Be happy you are on my side today."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Last edited:
Kat looked back at her ship as he mentioned what it could be sold for. Perhaps someone was into antiques. He still managed to bring it back to his ship. Still, she made a hum noise as he finished. He wasn't completely wrong, and she'd have to consider it. She was only thinking of it from a practical stance, not that of someone who's looking for a piece of history.

She glanced at him on his comment of Corellia, and his response. It was clear he wasn't exactly expecting friends around there. "Wear full body armor." she responded quietly, "And don't bring attention. Then again, sometimes that's not an option."

She had experiences with being the one that was being hunted, so to speak. No bounties on her own head, not yet, but she was a mandalorian, and a falleen. Neither of those were known for going completely unnoticed. Though for very different reasons. She cocked her head ashe and the droid spoke. So, it was a hostile one was it? Well it was a combat droid. They weren't known for their passivity. And criminal tendencies apparently. It probably hadn't been memory wiped in awhile. She'd have to be careful around this one. Unusual combat droids were often either very good, or very bad. And didn't always obey quite as well as they should.

She took another look at him, though there was no need to turn her head due to her helmet. He would be one she needed to keep an eye on. They were getting int the meeting room, after Talohn introduced the droid. And then it spoke for itself. Unique model. It seemed lightly armed, but it was a droid, they could have better accuracy than most. Which meant there were more shots to make. It's respond was filled with errors in its introduction. It seemed it wasn't supposed to answer with everything, but could with "Madlad" again, not the best sign. She raised an eyebrow beneath the helmet in his final sentence, "Assuming you are." she responded, her words didn't change even the slightest from before, the tone was exactly the same. But the phrasing was clear, she wasn't she she approved of it, further proved by an addition. "I'm going to take the kind option and assume you're legal. Try not to prove me wrong."

The room was soon entered by by the Marshal, a Nikto. He glanced between the three of them, and approached the standing table tossing the dongles onto it. He wasn't fond of bounty hunters it seemed. He clicked a button and a holo-image of the target came up with its crimes, and habits, and any records on it they had, while they couldn't gather all the information they needed to catch him, it was still pretty involved. The ithorian had a habit of vanishing into crowds, they presumed cloaking technology. And he used his powerful scream to make catching him further difficult even when they did catch up to him. "All you need will be on those. We want him alive, 50,000 credits for each of you. But, if you can't do the job and we start getting more parties, that number is going to go down. If he's dead you only get 5,000 credits each, and a bad reputation. Because right now we don't have any other hunters on this, so we'll know. He's usually in the busiest sections of the city, but he has a tendency to change his appearance slightly so it's harder to track him compared with other ithorians. We expect cooperation between all hunters involved, if there's conflict, it better not cause any damage or disruption or you'll be charged for it. Any questions or are you ready to leave." He was far from gentle towards them, but at least he was being formal about it.

"What about injuries? And does he ever wear armor." Kat asked. She had no intention of actually removing a limb, but it was important. He shook his head, "Excessive injury will result in deduction. But stun weapons or a little trauma or cuts, are authorized. We don't need him clinging onto life because he's lost an arm and is bleeding out. He's a conman, and as much trouble as he's caused, we don't want him dead. And we've heard of no armor."

"That's all I needed." she said simply, then glanced at Talohn Atar Talohn Atar to see if he had anything.

Equipment:
Kat Kenrid's Beskar'gam
Crushgaunts
Beskad
Two cortosis weave vibro blade daggers

Talohhn crosses his arms as she gives her advice. "I just don't go to corellia. I think it's a fair strategy." He chuckles. "Cathar always draw attention. We aren't exactly common, Slavers love us. Kinda the same situation as the wookies, really." He sighs. "I hope to wipe out slavers one day. Anyways, for out strategy. Madlad here is made of durasteel, and has energy shields over that durasteel, and then an extra shield on his wrist for good measure. We can use him to distract for and ambush and he'll be fine." The droid speaks up. "Yes, make me a bullet sponge, my creator, you're such a responsible parent." The droid states, it's voice oozing sarcasm. Talohn responds by elbowing Madlad's side and then muttering. "Ow." The droid vocalizes a dark chuckle in reaction to Talohn's pain.

Upon Kat's words, the droid's single eyed white glowing gaze looks directly at her. "M'am, you are foolish to assume I am legal. No...." It pauses for effect.
"I am only 9 years old. That is drastically below the age of consent on most planets with developed governments." Talohn sighs, though it's quite obvious he's trying not to laugh. "Madlad, man, come on." he shakes his head. When the marshal enters, he listens intently. Once the speaking is finished, and Kat asks her question, Talohn speaks up. "Is the target likely to have any hired help? Mercs? Fellow criminals? I'd rather not be ambushed by surprise. Also...." He gestures to madlad. The droid picks up the dongle, and plugs it into the back of it's head. After a few moments, Madlad hands the dongle back. "All data on suspect archived. Also, clear your holonet history you sick ba-" Talohn cuts the droid off with a slap to the back of it's head.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Last edited:
She shrugged as he mentioned avoiding Corellia. It was fair, Cathar were rarer then most. And they didn't have too many to help them. They were almost the reverse of Twi'leks in some ways. Definitely more dangerous on an individual standpoint, probably more willing to fight, but were low in mumbers. Twi'leks were plentiful in numbers, but were more easily controlled. She nearly stopped as she heard him mention wanting to wipe out all slavers. Her skin would have nearly turned red in a moment, as the thought of it came to her. But underneath her armor that wouldn't be seen. Wipeout all slavers. That was almost impossible, but there was a desire to help in that endeavor imbedded in her. Her own time stuck as one was still with her, however little she seemed to bring it up.

He offered up a plan as well, use the droid as a distraction. She made a clicking noise, "He's an ithorian. They're not known for violence, they're slower than most reflexively. If it gets to a fight, he's more likely to run than stick around. Trust me on this part, I know species. If he has allies, that may be useful." her time as a slave somewhat required it, it was one of the things she could pick up on. The way others reacted and responded to things. Ithorians, they just weren't the violent type. Sure one might threaten you, as this one seemed to, though indirectly. But they were known to be peaceful...normally.

She had to chuckle at the droids response to him, and his after elbowing the droid. The two were a bit unusual. But they weren't unfriendly. The problem might come later. However, she did tense up internally as she heard the droid comment on it's legality. Before finishing it with a joke, she shook her head at it, even underneath the helmet, sarcastically adding, "Oh haha."

After the Marshall was done, Talohn had his own questions. The Nikto licked his lips uncertainly, however he glared at the droid, "That's government property. If anyone has been using it for personal ventures, they'll be hearing about it. And we don't know for sure, he avoids outright conflict. It's why we want him alive. He probably has allies, but more likely they're bruisers to rough up those who don't accept his deals. And probably other conmen who help get the 'deals' ready. We haven't heard of any who actually follow him, but maybe he has them and they're just hidden. He's a little faster than most of his kind, but since we don't know of any who've fought him, we are pretty sure he's not actually any better than normal and relies on escape."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Instead of staying on topic, Madlad continues on about what it found on the dongle. "I don't understand the hype behind zeltron. They're pink. That's literally all tha-" Talohn cuts him off. "Madlad, please." The droid finally recedes, giving a shrug. "Guess it's none of my business."
"Alright." The cathar sighs deeply. "Moving on! Nonlethal, we are not to hurt the target." His gaze turns to kat. "Best option we have would be to stun him. Madlad here has shock units in his hands to help with that. I'll wager we can spot him, give chase, and lead him straight to Madlad, who will be imune to his screaming. I'd recommend we keep on our toes though. There may be mercs, in the case of an ambush, you and I need to stick together. I'll handle those who are far, you handle those who get close, and I'll call back Madlad and have him abandon the target for the moment if things get too dicey." He nods.

"of course, we may be dealing with crowds. Stay on your toes. Not all mercs are guns blazing. There are plenty of the quiet shanky types out there. All it takes is to bump into one of them and you're bleeding out on the ground. However, we should be fine in the case that this ithorian doesn't have hired help. Madlad, you got any opinions?"

The droid ponders quietly. "He may get the support of other ithorians, we may want to watch out, otherwise we'll have to deal with more than one scream, Personally, suspect Dugg would not have made it this far without friends somewhere. Overall, I believe this situation smells, and that we should, as always, keep on our toes." The droid turns it's gaze to Kat. "Can't tell what your species is. So I'll ask, does your type have sensitive hearing? If so, i'd recommend staying at the back. For those with sensitive ears, a run in with an ithorian could be the end of a career."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Last edited:
(Sorry for delay! I've been having trouble getting online due to IRl stuff)

Kat raised an eyebrow at the droid continuing on. She smiled underneath her helmet. She knew the exact reason why, it was one of the reasons her kind were found attractive. Although, perhaps the Falleens were a bit more...adept, at their manipulation of that fact. Zeltrons weren't quite as well known. Unless they were better at hiding it as a whole? Not that falleens were known for it, it was just a personal realization of hers.

She nodded in agreement as Talohn Atar Talohn Atar mentioned they needed to stun him. Try and send the creature towards the droid who should be pretty much unstoppable for someone with what little arsenal this man should have. "I have darts if that isn't working." she commented simply. Just in case it came up later. As for mercs, she gave another nod. It made sense, she was more equipped for that.

Crowds however, those were always a problem. The droid seemed to think he had help from other ithorians. She found that...questionable. Not impossible, but questionable. The droid made a comment on Kat's race, since she couldn't tell. And that if she did have sensitive ears, it could prove long term far more dangerous for her.
"Not in particular. Plus the helmet offers a little protection."

She looked off silently for a moment, then spoke again, "We need to draw him out. The question is how. I'm not especially fond of going out of armor. But I've done it before to get things done. We might have other alternatives, just keep tabs on new immigrants, when we see one he's likely to go after. We watch and wait. Unless you're fond of the idea of posing as an immigrant on the run from the dangers of the galaxy, desperately in need of a home."

"Darts could work..." The cathar nods slowly. "It's good that you don't have sensitive ears. Means we don't have any handicaps on this mission." Talohn pops his knuckles. "In order to lure him out, we'll have to track his general location first...." Talohn looks to Madlad. The droid understands immediately. "Find me the nearest comm, and I'll hook up to it. The frequency scanner should pick up any mention of that ithorian scum." The frequency scanner, one of Madlad's more amazing features. The ability to listen to all the surrounding frequencies at once, and pick up key words to better track a target. These two are prepared, that's for certain. Talohn's gaze now turns to Kat. "Sadly, I'm not a good actor. Besides, a cathar this far from home being an immigrant? No one'll believe it in the first place. I'd say it's best to wait. Madlad will speed things along."

The droid has already found a working comm nearby, and plugs into it with a jack that comes from the palm of it's hand. The droid begins muttering lines of code as it becomes still, deep in it's trance with the fellow piece of tech. "Searching Holonet for relevant info as well...." Madlad states. "Ithorian scum.....Grugg.....Immigrant scammer....recent activities....traces of holonet calls...." The droid suddenly stops. "Young woman venting about extortion from ithorian landlord......sector 12-1.5...Area popular with immigrants....consistent complaints of extortion amongst them all. Seems we have a general place of operation." The droid nods. "He would want to keep watch for any opportunities, so he is likely still hiding near the location...."

Talohn grins. "Alright, we know where to set a trap. We just have to find a place to eat...cause I've yet to eat today...." He chuckles a bit. "Then sit around and look casual as can be. How's that sound?" He questions Kat.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

No handicaps, yup, always a plus. General location, that apparently was where the droid came in handy. Generally it would require just a little more work, mainly more time, in order to get a handle on his operations. She was just a bit impressed by that, it must make locating a target ever so much easier. She crossed her arms and cocked her head thoughtfully watching him as Talohn mentioned he wouldn't pass off easily, "Fair enough I guess."

She tapped her fingers on her armor, making it click as she did. Man, that droid narrowed it down fast. "Fine with me, meal it is. Hopefully the helmet doesn't draw too much attention. But first." she held up a hand and pointed at the droid, "Before we go on a trip to check it out, would you know who has access to ship records. If he knows anyone near docking ports or legal agencies, then that could help give us a lead on who to keep track of. I don't want to warn him off, so if we can be discreet, that'd be great. If we know who's coming in, then it'll narrow down our search even more."

The Falleen clicked her tongue, "Families, especially who have only one parent, less aggressive species like Twi'leks or other Ithorians, lone travelers, those sorts. I figure they'd be the easiest targets."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"That...I'm afraid is where we stop. We only found that one family because they were speaking on the holonet. We can't really find anyone who has access to-" Madlad cuts Talohn off. "I have access to ship records." Talohn narrowed his eyes. "No you don't." The droid chuckles. "You are correct. I usually do not. But....Hold on a minute...any second....There." The droid's head turned to look at them both. "Now I have access to ship records."

Talohn pinched his brow with an exasperated expression. "We're gonna get chased offworld again aren't we....." To this, the droid countered. "You're the one who wanted to find out more about the sith artifact on tatooine." Talohn pointed a finger accusingly. "You're the one that wemt digging in imperial records without permission!" "It was a birthday present." Sayeth the droid. "Shaking off hutts is a bad birthday present."

The droid waved it's hand dismissively. "My slicing then, my slicing five seconds ago. It's alllllllllll in the past. Point is, we're here right now. So....less aggressive species......Ithorians...Twi'lek....loners.....immigrants from systems with history of violence. Young Twi'lek immigrant. Should keep an eye on her...the area the ithorian operates in is popular with twi'lek. Out of all new arrivals, she is a likely target. Covering up tracks..." A minute or so paces. and the droid removes it's palm jack from the machine. "Data on subject downloaded."

With a deep sigh, Talohn turns his gaze to Kat. "Please don't mention that to anyone." His expression, he seems pretty stressed about it.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Kat clicked her tongue as he mentioned that was where they stopped...until the droid interrupted, and received a look from Talohn. She held herself from commenting about it, it wasn't like her own record was clean. Still, she was careful with what she did. And who she did it to or for. She cocked her head as she heard the story behind a previous occurrence of questionable digging. Well the droid just admitted to slicing. She let out a quiet sigh. Just move on. There are worse things to fry than this.

It found a twi'lek apparently, and a good target. Talohn asked for quiet about it, "I'll be discreet." she said simply, and started getting to walk, waving at the two to see if they were following, "Guess we're off to eat. Let's find somewhere away from the target site. I'd usually use my swoop, but boy does that bring attention in worlds like this."

She looked back at them, "Come on, we'll call a taxi. Unless you two have an air-speeder or something. Be a good place to take off this helmet of...anyway it'd be good to relax for a little before we get potentially shot at." she wasn't too fond of having her helmet off when dealing with her employer. But it wouldn't bother her so much to have it off while eating. Kat wasn't completely in line with keeping armor on all the time, she kept it on for combat jobs. Mainly, because it wasn't hers. It was the woman that saved her. She kept it. But wearing it when not on the job, or practicing, just seemed wrong.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"I can't drive, so taxi it is." He states. He looks relieved when she says she'll keep madlad's antics quiet. Once they're heading off, he gestures for Madlad to follow them. They're an odd troop for sure. A cathar, a masked warrior, and a droid that emanates pure horror and death with it's very voice. "So, what are you in the mood for? Anything in particular? Food's on me." He grins. "I myself want something spicy, like curry. Curry sounds amazing right now." he states, an attempt at idle conversation while they wait for the earlier mentioned taxi.

"We finally get to see the mysterious stranger's face. Exciting. Unless you have a way to eat through the helmet. Then you're just crazy." The droid states, constantly keeping watch. It's a guard droid, it's what it does after all. Talohn chuckles a bit. "I've been curious too. But that's not my business. I'm here to make some money. I'm saving up to get myself some beskar, y'see. I have a few projects that could use such a metal. Also it's at the top of madlad's birthday present list." He smirks. "Shut up." The droid states. Droids can't blush, but there is definitely embarrassment there in it's voice. What an odd group, these two.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Kat chuckled, "Boy would I be in trouble if I couldn't drive." she said shaking her head. To be fair, she never really used an air speeder. But she had flown her swoop bike and her ship, both of which were presumably harder. Especially swoop bikes. He suggested foods, curry apparently included. She looked into the distance thoughtfully, humming slightly before answering. "I could really go for a Karkan_ribene. But hey, if you're paying, I'll take just about anything that won't kill me. Promise I've probably had worse than whatever this planet can throw at me."

She shook her head as the droid joked at getting to see her face. And a way to eat through the helmet. "Milkshakes and smoothies. They'll grind anything down to one if you pay them for it." she joked. Seemed the two of them were interested. Apparently, they also wanted Beskar, she raised an eyebrow underneath the helmet looking at them, "That's not too easy to obtain, and even harder to craft. You really need to know the right people for that."

The taxi would arrive shortly and she'd hop over the seat into a side seat. It was a closed cab, but it had a high roof and plenty of room. Probably for those tall and large species. She leaned forwards to see if the two were following, but also to see if she saw anyone watching them. When she was sure they weren't, and if the two got inside, she'd take the helmet off and shake out her hair revealing the green skin with scales so small that were not noticeable to most, showing herself as a Falleen, she let out a sigh, tapping her weapons by instinct to insure they weren't out of place when she sat down. Especially the sword on her back. "Tada." she said with a slight smile, "Congrats, the only thing weirder between the three of us would be a Wookie. Reptilian wearing mandalorian armor, Feline armed like a tank, and probably criminal droid. None of which are known for the most normal of histories. All of which have a history of some kind of subjugation in one way or another."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Talohn follows her into the taxi, setting his sword to lean against his seat before sitting down beside her. The droid sits across from Talohn, silent for now. Not much for it to say. Talohn, a few moments from sitting, digs about under himself before pulling out what seems to be a chewed piece of gum that someone left in the cab. His mouth forms into a snarl, revealing the always disturbing fact about cathar. They could easily bite someone's arm off if they tried. Those incisors are no joke. "Seriously?" He begins shaking his hand to get it off, or ripping it off with his other hand, Either way, it remains stuck because of one unfortunate fact. He's got fur. "Come on, I'll have to go through so much damn shampoo on my hands to get this out..."

It's then that she takes her helmet off, and he raises a brow. "Aha, A falleen. That's what that scent was." He then realizes that sounds bad. "Uh...You don't smell bad. You smell like...uh..a falleen? No that sounds worse." He goes silent, trying to dig himself out of a hole. That's when Madlad speaks up. "Cathar have a sensitive nose. There was a scam with a zeltron back on coruscant, he's been able to catch pheremones in the air ever since. He is not able to say this because it is very awkward to describe without sounding racist. I myself, being a droid, do not care if I trample on such petty things." After Madlad speaks, Talohn emits a nervous chuckle.

"Let's just go back to deciding where to eat." Talohn says, quickly changing the subject. Karkan Ribene? That sounds fine. It'll be an easy food to find as well." He'd have usually pushed more for curry, but he feels like he owes her the meal due to this awkward situation.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Kat frowned at the issue with gum. She hadn't completely considered the problem of hair with as short as that was and gum. Though she didn't really think of gum often either. Sure did have sharp teeth though. She wondered if he'd ever used them in combat...probably not a question she should ask about him.

She made a face, though it remained almost appearing neutral in his comment about her scent. Then he just kept on digging until the droid managed to get in between his sentences. "Uh huh." she said, wanting to let him sit in his unease. She really wasn't bothered. But sometimes you just have to amuse yourself, and in this line of business when you usually work alone, those didn't come too often.

Again food was brought up, steak it was, "Lovely." she responded, "So how'd you get into this business anyway. I've heard of a lot of types of bounty hunters, not met a cathar one though. That...and you've got a considerable arsenal. Even without the droid. Don't have to share that though, or you could just lie. Run into that enough times."

She was perfectly happy being friendly. Used to being able to hide her actual feelings or not, Kat had no ill will towards anybody. It was probably why most of the jobs she took brought in her targets alive. She killed when necessary, she wasn't going to endanger her own life in turn for that of a criminal. But she didn't enjoy it. Kat had worked with other people before, in moments at a time. But never managed to stick around. So she got her visiting in whenever there was the chance.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Since the awkwardness seems to have passed, he begins speaking once again finally. "This business? I'm not a bounty hunter, I'm a mercenary. So I do plenty of things other than bounties. I hunt slavers, repair ships, make tech, fight in wars, covert missions. All that sorta stuff. Even got conned into babysitting one time." He shivers. "Nautolian children are mean. So mean. But it was good money. Anyways, that's why I have an arsenal, I make whatever gadgets I need for myself, sell stuff on the side for extra epuipment money. Madlad here enjoys customizing weapons."

The droid nods in confirmation. "I make creations destined to leave a trail of destruction across the galaxy." it says with way too much pride. With that out of the way, Talohn begins speaking again. "I left Cathar when I was nineteen. Ran with a mercenary crew up until about a year ago or so. They taight me everything I know, save for swordfighting. Mom taught me that."

"Mind you, despite doing whatever for pay....I've got a morals. I don't work with slavers, for example. My slaver kill count is pretty high if I'm being honest. For my work, I usually stick to jobs where it's obvious one party is in the wrong. If both parties could be in the wrong, I shy away. I don't like being played like a pawn." The cathar sighs, leaning back to relax in his seat. "So yea, I mean. I kill, but I don't think I've ever killed someone who didn't deserve killing."

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Not a hunter, a mercenary. Huh, well, descriptors mostly. Both were paid for their combat abilities. Hunters were usually just paid per individual, not for over-all forces. However he especially mentioned hunting slavers, her eyes glanced towards his instinctively. She wasn't sure what she was looking for. But the topic changed quickly, he seemed to have done quite an array of jobs. Along with a weird discovery about children.

The droid seemed to also have its own input, though, certainly more volatile by nature. Heh, perhaps that was the wrong word to use for a droid. She let out a hum as he mentioned he knew sword-fighting, "There's a lot of sword-fighting styles. This thing required a great deal of work to make sure I could use it properly given the type of armor I use." she said tapping the beskad. It was heavier weapon than most used nowadays, especially compared to the lightsabers force users were known for. Although she was a force sensitive herself, and had begun to practice, she hadn't gone very far in it. And still relied more on her pre-existing skills.

He did mention he had his own morals, not working for slavers being one. There that was again. It seemed they had something in common. However, he didn't work if he considered both parties were wrong. Kat had to slightly differ with him on that. She'd definitely worked with people who were not good, in order to get other people who were just as bad. "I try to avoid killing when I can. There are times I know it's necessary, but if it can be managed, I tend to bring people in alive. Slavers, they're one of those occasions they get what they deserve."

Her skin seemed to shift to a reddish color before returning to normal. A sign of the hatred she still bore for them. And the fear. "You know. These types of jobs, they really are the more difficult ones. Even though it's obvious that someones in the wrong, exactly what they deserve can be a bit more difficult. We obviously want him alive, and that's my preferred outcome as well, but...given the number of lives he's probably ruined, I wonder what the judges will actually do about it. I dunno, that's not really my job I guess."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"It's a nice weapon. I myself stick to a regular viroblade. Madlad has two hidden in his wrists." Talohn states, gesturing to the droid. The droid responds with a simple nod. "We do not let slavers survive. They steal freedom, and place people into fates worse than death. It is better that they meet their death to compensate for the suffering they cause." It's very unsettling to hear that from a droid's mouth. Talohn shrugs. "Can't say I exactly disagree. If the slaver is wanted alive, that's one thing. But if I'm stopping a slaver operation, or freeing slaves, I'm not gonna stop myself from putting bolts through a few skulls."

"One odd thing is that I always end up running into sith." He frowns. "Luckily they're reasonable. Worked with them, they pay well. Mind you, I don't take jobs from sith if it's 'commit warcrimes against children' or 'hunt down this escaped slave. But a sith apprentice asked me to help hunt down some slavers. Was only a little sith, didn't even have her lightsaber yet. She was...15 I wanna say? Couldn't just let the kid go and get shot full of holes, y'know? I know the sith empire is by no means good, but they free their own kidnapped civilians from slavery, which is usually what I'm hired for. Sith, republic, CIS, doesn't matter where the civilians are from. They don't deserve to be caught up in that mess. Alos...you uh..you ok? Need some water?" He noticed she turned red momentarily.

Kat Kenrid Kat Kenrid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom