Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Parliament of Dreams

voss01.png

Voss was but a single example of the rich history of the Galaxy.

Discovered over four thousand years before, during the Great Galactic War, the world of the Voss Mystics had been courted by those who would be king of the stars. The Kingdom of Cron. Xim's Empire. The Old Republic.

Levitating over a meditation rock, a Corellian Jedi's green robe hung down in the gap between the stone and where the Anzati youngling hovered above it. The weighted hem of the emerald colored cloth flitted in the breeze, just a sparse centimeter above the rock. The child's body was tucked into a lotus position, his arms folded down in his lap with the right hand resting open on top of the left. His eyes were shut, but his head was not bowed.

Perhaps most eerily or strange of all, he didn't seem to breathe.

Like a stone dropped into a pond, tenuous ripples of the Force seemed to radiate outward from the small figure. Meditations that took on a metaphysical form, stretching outward as the boy looked inward at the same time he looked out -- to sense the world around him. The rock. The air. The grass. The space between, and the movement of the Force through them.

And yet, as peaceful as that awareness may have seemed, there was something predatory about the youngling. His mind ventured out to the Force as a wolf among the sheep. What the Jedi knew as telepathy, the Anzati described by another name.

Sense Prey.

It was an uncomfortable reminder of everything he was, and all that he wasn't. A spectre in the mind's eye, a fleeting vision of what the future would hold. When a boy would grow to be a man, and that man would be killer. Vampire. He would stalk through mind fields, preying upon the souls of men.

But, for now a boy. For now a guardian. And a teacher, who tried to peacefully pass on what he knew...

...in the hopes that one day his students might stop him from becoming that which made spacers afraid of the dark.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan took in a deep breath he enjoy the fresh air that Voss provided, a bit chilld but with a sweet serien scent to it. This is what he enjoy being out in the open feeling the wind run through his fur to where he could feel the slight coldness to it, but that wasn't why he was there no he was there for another reason.. training. He walk the path laid out infront of him as he did he could see a young knight on a rock posibly medatating, if he didn't know any better he wouldn't belive that young child was a knight not only that but skilled in the ways of the force. The Shistavanen was probably among the few who didn't belive this was true but after asking around and hearing what this knight could do he didn't question it any longer.

Came up closer to the young knight many people might think it odd that a Shistavanen was walking up to a child.. some might think that he was there to hurt the child.. but dispite what they may think he was here to learn. To Kurogan the boy look like he was sleeping.. steal as a rock he sat on he couldn't see the child chest rise or fall but he begin to wonder if the boy was breathing at all. Kurogan tilt his head to the side confuse if the child was breathing then he couldn't hear any thing that's saying a lot as he was straining to hear any kind of breathing. He took a deep breath not wanting to worry surlly he wasn't called out here to sudenly have a medical emergancy.. right?

He finely near the child he bowed.. he wasn't sure how hey traditonaly do things but he figure it would be a good idea. "Master Xanths?" he called out quietly not wanting to distrubed the young knight if he was sleeping or medatating.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Curiosity walked up that hill.

Uncertainty. Doubt. The emotional resonances bled out into the Force. Even without touching the Shistavanen's mind, the echoes of those thoughts. The emotional currents on which they swelled in his being, were there.

And then the lupine Jedi spoke. A title, and a name.

He thought of it as his own name, but it wasn't. An Anzat, as an infant the boy had been abandoned to be cared for by humans on Corellia. The name 'Sor-Jan Xantha' had been imparted him because he'd been adopted by a human couple in Bela Vistal before his Force sensitivity had been discovered by the Jedi. And he'd been taken from the only family he might have known, because that was the law of the Old Republic.

It was the title, or the way that the Shistavanen said it, that made the boy open his eyes.

There was a sadness there, as he spoke and echoed, "Master Xantha..."

Now, when was the last time he'd heard that?

- - -

“Master, you’ll need a good medic.”

Dressed in the garb of a Jedi Knight was a blue Twi'lek. No longer a boy, the newly christened Healer now towered far over where his former teacher stood, head tails meticulously kept curled about his formal robes as though part of the attire. Turning his head down to the smaller Jedi walking beside him, Dilly added, “21-B is a droid, not a doctor.”

Sor-Jan shook his head, though not for reasons Dilly might have suspected. “And the younglings here need a good teacher, not a child minder,” the Anzat Knight explained with a smile. Pausing, Sor-Jan turned back to regard a young Gran girl who likely thought she was being unobtrusive in shadowing the pair. “And Teila’s first steps outside of this temple should be for learning, not for war... Master Andau.”

“I can’t believe you talked me into taking a padawan,” Dilly remarked in resignation, himself turning to note the presence of the girl among the columns of the Temple’s entrance.

“The Council would trust Teila with no one else,” Sor-Jan answered simply, the same smile plain upon his face. Almost as an afterthought, the boy added, “I do have something for her though...”

“She hates yellow,” Dilly answered, knowing only too well what his former master was thinking. “And, besides, I was thinking of what Master Gol did for you and... I’ve decided that I want to build a training saber for her. Pink, I think.”

“Pink?”

“It’s her favorite color.”

Sor-Jan wasn’t apt to let that one go. “Pink?” the boy echoed again.

With a casual twist of his shoulder, one of Dilly’s head-tail’s slipped from around his body to smack the small Anzat in the head. He’d spent years perfecting that one. “Master Windu’s lightsaber is purple, so why not pink?” the Twilek challenged mirthfully.

“I definitely need to put some distance between us,” Sor-Jan lamented, bowing to his former apprentice as he took his leave.

- - -

Dil Andau had been a good kid. And a better man.

Craning his head up, the boy thought about the recollection for a moment before he said, "There's something I haven't heard since..."

How to answer that? Nine hundred years? Only a few years ago, the small Anzat had been fighting his way through the droid armies of the Trade Federation and Separatists of the Clone War. And yet, somehow between yesterday and tomorrow he'd arrived at a point in a future unlike any imagined. "Well, before you were born," the youngling remarked cryptically.

Letting go the levitation technique that he'd been using, the child dropped back to the ground. The heels of his saddle brown boots clicked against the top of the stone as he landed neatly on his feet. "My name is Sor-Jan, but my friends call me SJ," the small Anzat said, returning the Shistavanen's bow with one of his own. Grabbing the edges of his green cloak, the boy wrapped himself up in it as he crossed his arms and looked up.

"What can I do for you, my fluffy friend?"

Seriously, that fur looked SUPER SOFT. Sor-Jan had tucked his arms into the robe to stop himself from hugging the Shistavanen to test that.

The fact of the matter was though: Dude looked like he'd be an awesome teddy bear.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
The Shistavanen he was relived to see that young master before was still alive, tho he should have known better. But the other reason was the master comment of 'fluffy' he couldn't explain why but when a child said this he was just fine with it he would smile and laugh, but when a adult said it he would glare and let out a threatening growl. Maybe he believe that adults were suppose to know and children.. well he wanted them to have a better life then he did and enjoy it with laughter.

This account was no different Kurogan let a small wolf like smile appear "I'm hear to learn telepathy and telekinesis. I was told that you were the one to learn from Master Sor-Jan." he learn about these two force skills by reading about them and it intrigued him, he sent out asking around who would be the best person to learn this from and about half of the response he was given to see Master Sor-Jan. So it was that the Shistavanen want out looking for the location of this young master to start off on what would be a interesting and hopefully eventful training.

Well, still with the 'master' but at least somewhat less formal.

Progress was progress after all.

At the compliment, the boy merely inclined his head to acknowledge it for what it was. "One, yes," the young Anzat echoed simply. The one? Now that was a title he'd not have claimed even in the hey-day of Jedi pride. General Xantha, the Hero of the Line. "Not the one, but that is not why you are here," the young knight commented dismissively.

He knew full and well there were better Jedi than he in almost all respects. And, even if he didn't believe that to be true, humility was something to be valued.

Telepathy and telekinesis were two disciplines that the boy had studied thoroughly. In part, he couldn't help it. Even without training, his mind would develop the senses to stalk through the minds of men in search of a worthy prey. And, for the rest, the practice of Niman demanded a substantial amount of Force tricks. Still, it wouldn't do to begin without proper introductions all around. "Shall we begin with your name?" the youngling inquired, somewhat wistfully.

A cheeky smile crept across his face as the boy feigned a serious tone and asked, "Or should I just call you Fluffy?"

Even as he'd asked the question, the boy had reconsidered it. Adopting a pensive expression, the boy tucked his chin into one hand as he looked down and thought that over some more. "Fluffaluffagous perhaps," the boy remarked finally, looking back up.

"You look like a Fluffaluffagous to me."

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan glance down to the floor he knew that Sor-jan was right that wasn't the only reason why he was there before the young master. He couldn't explain it himself maybe he enjoy being around young lings.. maybe he wasn't use to being around the others but then why was he here with the young master?

Again he smile "Perhaps not but I am here to learn if you allow it." he closed his eye's feeling the cool wind blowing he could feel it run through his fur. Upon opening them he watch the young master in front of him "My name is Kurogan,.. tho I have been called fluffy by many young ones and some.. adults." the Shistavanen let out a low laugh he quite enjoy the imagination of Sor-jan he never been called 'Fluffaluffagous' before mostly he was called 'puppy' or 'dogie' "Quite the imagination you have Sor-jan, I never been called.. what was it again? Fluffaluffagous?"

He took a seat on a rock that was across from the young master he wasn't looking at the young boy, he was watching the scenery some of it remind him of his home form long ago. A place he could never go back to.. even if he wanted.

The boy's teeth shone as he smiled brightly.

"Fluffaluffagous then," the youngling stated, bowing with a flourish toward the Shistavanen. As he straightened back up, the young knight dubbed this fluffy Jedi, "Master Padawan Fluffaluffagous!"

"And I am Obnoxious, Lil' Chit, Sor-Nnoying..." the boy recalled, his eyes gazing upward as he counted off the names he could repeat in polite company on one hand. Regarding the last, the boy paused to explain, "You know, Sor plus annoying. Sor-Nnoying."

Sitting back on the meditation stone, the young Jedi sat with his legs sprawled in front of him, as he watched the Shistavanen for a moment. The lupine's gaze was obviously looking out somewhere. But not here. At least, not here or now.

"What do you see?" the boy inquired.

Don't describe it in words, tell me with your thoughts.

The second part was spoken, but not aloud. Instead, it was almost a whisper -- an echo that traveled through the Force.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan laugh to himself hearing Sor-jin comment about his name and the Shistavanen new tittle, yes he truly did enjoy being around young ones and he was positive that being here with master Sor-jin wouldn't change that at all "It's nice to meet you Sor-Nnoying, I thank you for the new tittle."

He glance back to Sor-jan hearing the last part of Sor-jin comment his eyes narrow in confusion, tell the young one what he was thinking with his mind? Well that was certainty new no one ask him to do something like that.. but he guess it's what telepathy is speaking with each other with there minds? He took in a deep breath and begin to think on how he was going to do this.. maybe think to himself or talk but in his head? Shistavanen ears lay back in concentration and confusion that didn't make scenes talk but do it in his head..

He close his eyes figuring that he should try what he had first thought, he begin to concentrate on what he was thinking about. His home or what he could remember of it since he was young. There was so much he had forgot.. so much he wanted to forget about his past but he didn't want to forget about the scenery like this or the one his home had to offer.

This place reminds me of my home.. or what I can remember of it.

He open his eyes looking back at young Sor-jan, he wasn't sure if he did it right after all he had no idea what he was doing.

"Remember the lessons you have already learned."

As he observed the fluffy lupine, the boy watched as the Shistavanen seemed to want to try and direct, or control, and reign in the attempt at mind speak. It wasn't entirely how it worked though. Telepathy was not at all different from Force Sense. It relied upon awareness, but consciousness more often got in the way. As though to reinforce the point, the boy recalled aloud, "The Force surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the universe together."

Closing his eyes, the boy leaned his head back and meditated quietly for a moment, orienting and attuning his mind to the ebb and flow of the world around him. "Through the Force -- through the connections between us -- you can hear. Or touch. Or feel."

Don't try to speak with your mind. Look for the connection between you and I. And let your thoughts speak for themselves.

Even as the thought passed between them, the edges of his mouth turned upward with the thought of the lectures he had attended as a child on Coruscant. When Master Yoda had spoken. The wisdom lingered with him even now, all the decades later. There was a certain sadness there, too.For the memory of all their conversations, and the thought that he would not speak with Yoda again.

What would the Grand Master have said? Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

I was born on Corellia.

As the boy spoke, the conceptual imagery surrounding the transmission were vivid and bright. Color and light burst into being, transformed into an artist palette on which pastoral landscapes splashed across the mind's eye. Red rock mesas. Green valleys. Rustic homesteads. It was frontier land, far removed from Coronet. This was the village hamlet of Bela Vistal. A place that Sor-Jan had visited several times during the days of the Old Republic.He had family there. An adopted human couple that had lived to see to see the babe they had adopted become a Jedi.

As a child, I came to the attention of the Jedi and was raised on Coruscant.

The images which sprang from off that intangible canvas were far less bright. Buildings stacked upon buildings.Vertical cities, with towers that reached into the lower atmosphere. A sprawling pyramid rose over the skyline, with a multitude of spires and towers rising from out of the squat complex. In its halls, many Jedi passed. The first memories were of younglings. A youngling clan. There was a Rodian, a Nautolan, a human, and a Zabrak.

A shadow hung over the memory of the Zabrak, as though the memory of the child that he had been was somehow overshadowed. The knowledge of the road he would chose to take, and a deep sadness for where it would lead them.

The Jedi Temple was an amazing place. From the heights of the Temple District, you could look out over the skyline of the Senate.

Opening his eyes, the boy extended a hand out toward the Shistavanen, to indicate for him to try again.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
He glance up at the young boy listing to his story but Sor-jin wasn't saying it out loud he was saying it in his head. He was shock by the talent this young master displayed, he wish he knew his home quite as well as Sor-jin did but it was long ago. Again he took a deep breath closing his eye's concentrating trying to feel the connection that's between the two of them, concentrating he thought he could feel something but he wasn't sure.

Kurogan didn't know what he was trying to feel for.. but he figure that he would know when he sense it. Again concentrating even more this time he could feel something more then he could before, was this it? Maybe should he try it now or not.. he figure to give it a try not wanting this opportunity pass.

I was thinking about my home.. from what little I can remember of it..

He took a moment think about his home planet Uvena I, the mountains, the rivers the open space and fresh air. The sadness of not being able to go back. This was what he dream about from time to time this was what he wish he can see again or at lest something close to this seen.

He could see it.

Fleeting, fickle images. None quite in focus. Almost impressionistic. Memories that were fading, like the slowly dying embers of a dream. It was a sentiment that the boy could appreciate. With the planet Corellia having been destroyed, his memories of Bela Vistal were all that he had left of his home as well.

And with the One Sith on Coruscant, both his childhood homes were out of reach.

"Good," the boy remarked appreciatively. "You've taken your first step into a larger world."

Too large sometimes. The small Anzat had to concentrate on putting up mental barriers -- walls to keep the voices at bay whenever he was in crowded places. But, he could teach this padawan defenses and finesse once the basics had been further developed. "Now let's try finding that connection in a more tangible way," the boy commented, turning his head as he extended his arm out toward where a small pile of rocks was gathered.

"Stretch out with your feelings," the young knight remarked, turning his palm upward as he slowly elevated his hand. "Try and see how the Force reacts between me and the rock."

A stone levitated up from the ground, drawn close to the boy as its path seemed to mimic the gestures of his hand. As it dropped into Sor-Jan's waiting hand, the boy glanced back over to the Shistavanen and gestured for him to try.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan tilt his head to the side as he watch with intrest how Sor-jin levetated the rock into his hand, the act seem simple enough but he knew better than to asume that it was. When Sor-sin gave him the go ahead the Shistavanen closed his eyes he begin to focuse on the rock and the energy it had.. he wasn't sure if it had it's own energy he thought this was a little odd but master Sor-jan was able to move it then maybe it did have some kind of energy?

He took slow steady breath picturing the rock that was in the young master hand, again he thought he felt something he wasn't sure if it was coming from the rock or Sor-jan but he was positive that there was something there. He held out his hand as he did this he picture the rock moving from the small boy hand into his.. he waited for a few second but he didn't feel any thing nothing landing in his palm or maybe hitting him in the head. Confuse Kurogan open his eye's to see that the rock was still there.. in fact to him it didn't look like it moved, his eye's narrowed for a few second before he closed them again and begin to consintrait on the rock. This time he took his time.. feeling something again.. was it the rock or just his imagination? he wasn't sure.. couldn't be 100% sure but then again he was sure that no one could tell him how a rock would feel even through the force.. it might be one of many things he would haft to discover himself.

Taking in a breath again and slowly letting it out Kurogan picture the rock moving from Sor-jin hand into his palm, to him he could deffently feel something he was hopeing that what he felt was the rock.

Give and take, suspicion and doubt.

"Let go your conscious self," the young Jedi remarked calmly, observing as the Shistavanen probed the Force. Not to no effect, but the lupine's own doubts were what held back the progress. He was paying attention to the rock, which wasn't entirely where the focus of the exercise was.

"Feel the Force," the Anzat stated, recalling the many times his own masters had admonished him with that line. And how very long it had taken him to understand its meaning. To elaborate, the boy called out the qualities in particular that enabled telekinesis. "Surrounding the rock. Penetrating the rock. Pulling the rock."

It wasn't the rock that Kurogan needed to pull. It was the Force. To find the connection that bound him and the stone through the Force, and pull it back toward him. Like reeling in a fishing line, only the reel didn't exist but in his own mind's eye.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
He listen to Sor-jan as he explain what he needed to do, Kurogan gave a little nod he close his eye's and let out breath of air. He took deep breath and begin to focus on the energy that was all around the rock, he needed to get ride of his doubt it was holding him back and they both knew this. The Shistavanen focus on the rock he felt something like he did the last two time but this time it was different he reach out to it calling it to him.

He reached out his hand as he begin to call this energy to him, from Sor-jan into his hand. He could feel something moving as to what it was it didn't concern him as long as he could feel this energy move, he could feel this energy flowing through him like it was apart of him all along and he just now notice, like it was apart of him that was lost that was finely found again.

The boy felt the Shistavanen relax.

"Good," the boy remarked. The padawan was making progress. His first step into a better understanding of the ways in which the Force worked, or moved. Or was moved. Not a difficult lesson, but for the fact that it required the Jedi to let go of everything they thought they knew about physics, or the world, or even how things worked. The Force was mysterious, and forever smashing such preconceptions.

And so Jedi must forever be open minded. Or else their own minds could trap them from being able to use the Force.

"Concentrate," the boy suggested quietly, gently nudging the padawan along.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan continue to focus on the energy felt calling to him he could feel it moving, slowly getting closer with each passing seconds. He could tell some how that every thing had 'free will' that he didn't command the energy he just needed simply need to ask.. only through the energy flow.

He took a deep breath letting out slowly as he could feel the energy he was concentrating on get even closer to him, he stretch out his fingers exposing his palm. A few seconds later he felt something drop in his hand, Kurogan open his eyes glancing glancing over at Sor-jan seeing that for some reason his hand was empty.

The look of confusion merited a smile from the youngling knight.

"You see? You can do it," the small Anzat remarked with a smile. Rising to his feet, the small youngling stepped over to where the Shistavanen was seated, using both his small hands to close the lupine's paw around the small symbol of his progress. "You've just taken your first step into a larger world," the young knight offered cryptically.

"When you reach out into the Force, you may feel things - even see things - before they happen." It could be a dangerous advent. The temptation to believe the snippets of insight one received, neglecting the reality that the future was always in motion. Or even that one's own actions in attempting to fight the future might well be the catalyst which brings about the undesirable events.

Taking a step back from the large padawan, the boy bowed respectfully toward his student. When he had straightened back up, the boy folded his arms into the sleeves of his green robe as he said, "Be mindful of the Force, but keep your focus here and now."

The words of his own master echoed in that statement. But then, much of what Sor-Jan understood about the Jedi or the Force was the product of his master's teaching. And so, as a knight, the small Anzat felt at times as though he were a mirror. A reflection of all that wisdom he'd taken for granted when his master had still been living.

"And your instincts will serve you well," the boy concluded, with a slight smile.

And, with that, he waited for what questions the padawan may have.

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan glance down at his closed hand he was confuse and shock that he manage to bring the rock over from Sor-jan to him. He glance up at the young master and smile tho he was still thinking about what happen while he was focusing on the rock "Sor-jin, it.. while I was focusing on the rock.. I felt other things like a new sense was open to me something I never knew was apart of me. While in this 'place'.. I felt as if we don't control the item or things around us we just.. apart of it. We don't force something we ask it.. is that true for everything around use? In the force?" he took a moment to think of any thing else while he did he realized there more and more questions coming up as he sat there.

"As for telepathy.. once you train in it how can you stop from hearing everyone else thoughts? Or is that possible with out them knowing? But then if another force user decide to try and hear my thoughts how can I stop them?" he knew that he didn't learn how to read minds but it could be possible when someone else learn that skill.. but if you're in a fight for you're life and someone can read you're thoughts then they will know everything, you would tire out before you're opponent . Need less to say either situation was dangerous one either way, but if it was possible counter it or block it then there could still be a chance.

All legitimate questions.

"A powerful telepath, who is being extremely cautious, you may never know is even there," the boy warned quietly.

"Our emotions spread from us into the Force. Our immediate thoughts close to the surface, but what we've experienced - what we know or recall - is inherently part of who we are. So, it's an invasive procedure to read someone deeply." Which, was frightening to think about. But then, it was frightening to think that there were creatures like the Anzats. Roaming the stars for centuries, tracking minds from across entire star systems. But, to peer into someone's soul was not a venture taken lightly. Nor a pleasant experience. "When that happens, you will know."

"To shield your thoughts, you might imagine a wall in your mind," the boy advised, using the illustration which had worked best for most of the students he had taught. "You'll know it's working when you can no longer feel the thoughts or emotions of those near you."

[member="Kurogan"]​

Kurogan

Padawan Fluffaluffagous!
Kurogan thought about this for a few seconds what he needed to do to block his thoughts was to imagine a wall, it sounds easy enough but he knew better than to actually believe that. He would have to train himself and the only way he could think of would be to go some where busy and practice there, he nod his head slightly at the thought wasn't the best idea but it would help with his training. He glance over at the young night he was amaze at how this young boy had open a new world for him.. one he never thought possible.. or even one he would ever see in his life time and for that he was grate full "Sor-jan, I don't know how to thank you.. you introduce me to something I never thought I would be apart of.. I owe you a lot."

In truth he did the Shistavanen, had taken his first steps in a world of possibility's where any thing can happen even losing ones life, he knew there would be a lot of hard times ahead of him and a lot of training. Deep down inside Kurogan didn't have a problem with this.. as long as he was part of something.. something would help the grater good and as long as he helping the innocent he would welcome any adventure that will cross his path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom