Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Paragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
553f71b215e438508a4b2703f82a0045.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Organization Name: The Paragons
  • Classification: Paramilitary organization
  • Affiliation: None.
  • Organization Symbol: Three overlapping triangles side by side, the ones on each side slightly smaller than the central triangle. Normally in white, red, black, or a combination of all three. (See graphic above.)
  • Description: The Paragons are effectively a vigilante group operating on a galactic scale. Its members are mostly former Galactic Alliance Sector Rangers who chose not to join the Alliance-In-Exile upon the GA’s fall; but there are a fair few oddities and misfits among its ranks. Bounty hunters and mercenaries searching for something more meaningful, investigators and detectives looking for more operational freedom, former special forces operatives dissatisfied with the current state of galactic affairs -- nearly everyone can find their place among the Paragons. Currently the Paragons’ numbers are very low in comparison to contemporary organizations, but due to the resources gathered by one of the Paragons’ founding members, they have an oftentimes significant technological advantage over said contemporaries. The Paragons heavily combat criminal and militant elements in many parts of the galaxy, often focusing their efforts in a unified but scattered offensive against a single target. The Paragons' small size as an organization allows them to move more quickly than their opponents, using guerilla/stateless tactics to destroy enemy assets across the galaxy. Still, due to their size, the organization is largely unable to combat significant military forces such as the standing armies and navies of the galactic powers. The largest specific group of Paragons numbers around thirty individuals based in half a squadron of gunships operating in the Mid Rim. Generally, Paragon operations involve an amount of secrecy; with fewer personnel and communication there is less of a chance that plans or information will be exposed. Their overall minimal reputation often gives them the element of surprise against enemy forces. The Paragons often pose as average mercenaries, bounty hunters, or personal investigators to keep up their facade.
At their heart, each Paragon searches to do good in the galaxy -- understanding that not everyone starts off in the best of states and that their skillsets are not inherently good is at the core of the organization. The Paragons look behind and accept the past, then look forward to change the future.

GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

• Headquarters: No official headquarters, though the Carry-On works as a primary mobile base of sorts (for those directly associated with Kelsie Sylvan). Individual groups usually have a small hideout or hangout in a specific sector.
  • Domain: The Paragons operate largely outside of major faction borders, but due to their relatively small size and minimal reputation they aren't officially recognized by most governments of any size. Some planets in the western Mid Rim occasionally work with the Paragons, exchanging credits and supplies for aid in tackling threats the standard Planetary Defense Force or local law enforcement agency is unable to handle.
  • Notable Assets: Missyhttps://starwarsrp.net/topic/146568-missy/ runs much of the financial operations of the Paragons from aboard the Carry-On, and can design and build most required equipment for a specific assignment; as well as wire funds as needed. Group leaders have access to a medium-sized information network that largely operates in independent space.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

• Hierarchy: The Paragons have no strict hierarchy or ranking system due to the diversity of its members and the structure of having many largely isolated cells. They tend to operate on a reputation basis -- if you've heard about another Paragon, chances are there's a good reason for that. Within individual cells or groups, a leader is chosen by the members, or a de facto commander emerges after some time. These leaders usually have the respect of their subordinates and handle inter-cell communication.
  • Membership:
    IC: Considering the Paragons are a more off-the-books organization, becoming a member is difficult -- there is no recruitment office or HoloNet ad with a Paragon's contact information, nor are they well-known enough to attract interest purely from their reputation. Recruitment is normally handled by individual groups or members, who will seek out those they believe to be 'worthy' of joining the Paragons; whether in skill or ideology. They’ll usually tag along on assignments for a short period of time, and if they do good work they’ll be brought in fully to the organization and given gear to mark their full membership in the Paragons.
  • OOC: Contact [member=”Kelsie Sylvan”] to join.

[*]Climate: The Paragons as a whole are highly acceptive and understanding -- its members come from all walks of life, and there is little room for distrust and internal conflict. Considering the small size of the individual cells, the members of each cell get to know each other very well.
[*]Reputation: The Paragons are a relatively new and unknown organization, and its members do not flaunt its existence. Due to their partly secretive nature they are often seen in a neutral or slightly wary manner. As a paramilitary organization combatting the galaxy’s criminal elements, most underworld types will open fire on the heavily armed and armored individuals that show up on their doorstep, whether they know of the Paragons or not. Planetary governments in the Mid Rim and Colonies often have reasonably welcoming attitudes to the Paragons, as they can often provide the help that they need in dealing with threats to security.
[*]Curios: The Paragons are not a heavily standardized organization and thus not all members have the same gear or trinkets. Even so, all Paragons have access to specialized armor, ships, and miscellaneous equipment unique to the organization. Some members have the three-mountain symbol of the Paragons tattooed on their bodies to designate membership, but this is by no means mandatory (and in some cases discouraged).
[*]Rules: The Paragons are a heavily decentralized organization, and thus each group leader and individual operative has a measure of operational freedom to determine how to best complete their objective, but there are a few base guidelines for how Paragons should act and operate. They are as follows:
  • Stay quiet. The Paragons are not an organization that is highly public, and keeping an air of secrecy to the Paragons’ operations allows them to operate in ways other organizations cannot.
  • No Man Left Behind. The members of the Paragons are few and far between -- losing personnel is a non-option for the organization, and losing the advanced tech that the Paragons are often equipped with is very dangerous.
  • Respect. No matter where you're from, what you are and what skills you have, you can find a place among the Paragons. Don't discount others among the organization.
  • Do what is right. Do everything in your power to do what is right for the galaxy.

[*]Goals: Kill bad guys, help good guys, protect innocents.
  • "Kill" refers to general removal of bodily functions (or otherwise destroy or incapitate).
  • "Bad guys" refers to those deemed enemies of the galaxy at large (particularly of the average galactic citizen) and/or the Paragon organization itself. This term can be used variably depending on the situation and speaker.
  • "Help" refers to the act of providing aid in the Paragons' primary capacity: combat and paramilitary operations.
  • “Good guys” refers to those deemed benevolent and stable groups or individuals, as well as direct allies of the Paragons. This term can be used variably depending on the situation and speaker.
  • “Protect” refers to avoiding/shielding from harm or danger.
  • "Innocents" refers to those who are generally uninvolved in Paragon or "Bad guy" or "Good guy" operations. This term can be used variably depending on the situation and speaker.

MEMBERS

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"] is the de facto leader of the Paragons. She helps coordinate groups, determine targets, design new gear, and often makes major organizational decisions. With the help of Missy, Kelsie's artificial intelligence, she also vets new members and communicates with group leaders across the galaxy.
Keren Jors is a gruff soldier, by far the most experienced of the Paragons’ members with nearly thirty years of field service with the Sector Rangers prior to him joining the Paragons. He has faith in the Paragons in that they can become something greater, and has already gathered the largest Paragon unit under his command. His opinion carries considerable weight within the organization and many consider him the best candidate for an official leader or co-leader. (Official NPC sub to be written.)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

“Miss Sylvan had expressed her disillusionment with the Confederacy numerous times, but this most recent outburst was by far the most vulgar. The recent short conflict in the Apatros system appeared to have negatively impacted her psyche. I inferred that she felt betrayed, though not just by the traitor Vice Marshal but by the Confederacy at large. She expressed frustration at General Terrik and told me she wished to leave the Dauntless Legion.

“Subroutine [5A] was activated and I opted to reveal the program I had initiated three months ago. From my analysis of Miss Sylvan I was able to determine that the Dauntless, Ministry of Secrets, and to an extent the Confederacy at large was not Miss Sylvan's optimal occupation. I had begun to craft an organization that more closely suited her tastes, incorporating the areas of expertise and values that she preferred into the organization. I gathered several individuals into an initial group to see how well this concept would work, and after three near-perfect mission I began a full -- though quiet -- recruitment operation. I intercepted potential members over the HoloNet or in private areas and encouraged the current members to recruit others of similar disposition and ideology.

“Once Miss Sylvan had finished speaking I revealed the budding project to her. While at first she appeared surprised, I managed to convince her of this organization’s worth. I cannot pretend to know what she thinks, but she eventually agreed to join and lead this organization. From current Medscans of Miss Sylvan it appears that her stress and unhappiness have lowered significantly.

“It is difficult for me to truly experience emotion, but I believe I would describe myself as “proud” of my actions here.”

Artificial Intelligence “Missy”, on the founding of the Paragons.

The Paragons are a relatively new organization and thus there is little to say about their history. While initially an organization solely run by Missy, as it grew it quickly became more decentralized, and once Kelsie Sylvan stepped into a coordinator role she was honestly rather removed from most of the matters of the organization. She happily supplies gear, equipment, and credits to the Paragons when they swing by the Carry-On, but the lack of centralized authority makes a communal history of sorts rather difficult to record.

Small and rather unremarkable missions have been carried out against slavers in the inner fringe of the Outer Rim, but aside from that the history of the Paragons has yet to be forged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom