Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Paragon Crisis

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Paragon Research Academy
Expansion Region, Republic Space

Forty-eight hours ago the Paragon Research Academy was seized by a group of religious extremists calling themselves The Sons of Califf. These half man, half cybord cultists are data mining and stripping the facility for it's rare mineral storages. They would have accomplished their task already but are being slowed down by the Academies War AI "Glyph". As such, they have taken hostages to dissuade the Republic against countering them publically. They are gravely mistaken. This would be their last mistake.

Omega Pyre has been contacted to facilitate. Pubically they were calling this a hostage rescue mission. Secretly everybody already knew the truth. This was a purge mission. No extremist would be leaving that station alive. Indeed, the Sons of Califf just so happen to be a wanted organization in Protectorate Space. Raiding shipping lanes and then retreating into Republic Territory to avoid pursuit by Omega. Sadly, their luck has just run out. Orders were to save as many hostages as they can before purging the station. These terrorists cannot be allowed to escape with any rare materials. Especially the scientists themselves.

___

Jerry Mars stood on the flight deck of the Murdock Titan, a Republic Medium Cruiser. This would be the staging area for the Republic Intelligence team that would oversee the rescue mission. Omega Pyre had been invited to be present for the briefing. In only moments the flight deck meeting would begin and Captain Orion would address them.

Jerry stood just a little nervous in her combat outfit and trademark yellow jacket. This would be her first mission working alongside foreign troopers. Could she count on this: Omega Pyre, to see the job through? Would they be able to save all the hostages before a gun battle ensued? It grated on a young Jedi's nerves.

Only time would tell.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah sighed as he walked through the halls of the Republic cruiser, he had to admit, he was feeling pretty good, the Sons of Califf had been a thorn in the side of the Protectorate for far too long and Noah was content to smash that thorn into little tiny bits. Finally he arrived at his destination, the ships flight deck. Taking his seat Noah motioned for the captain to take the briefing away, sitting behind him were three NCO, each a squad leader.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

The Captain stepped forward in the ranks of officers and began,

"As many of you know Paragon Academy is under lockdown thanks to some unexpected visitors. Thankfully they have yet to disarm the stations AI and have been facing setbacks on multiple levels. Glyph, the AI in question, as been very helpful in feeding us information as well. We now know that there are 7 Corvettes and 21 Starfighters in the enemies arsenal. As well as the equipment belonging to the station. The enemy numbers are exactly 215. Some troopers, some engineers, some slicers, and some extras here and there. Mostly cyborgs too. Extremely dangerous up close but very weak to electronic warfare. We'll have the advantage going in."

He stopped to nod before continuing,

"Omega Pyre has the lead here and will be tasking their men as they see fit. Their orders are to purge the station of these machine-monkey terrorists and any equipment they deem compromised by their occupation. Extreme force has been authorized and we plan to have Glyph blow the base when the objectives are complete. We'll start over from square one later."

"The Jedi Order has requested a special place in the mission and Intel has okayed their members. Three Jedi Knights will enter the base with the Omega forces and proceed to extract key personnel and hostages in secret. They have been ordered to not interfere with Pyre forces. But stealth cannot be guaranteed. The pirates do have control of some sector electronics. Glyph may not be available in all sections of the base. So keep that in mind."

The Captain nodded and continued.

"We have prepped Troop Spears for launch from the Flight Deck. Twelve men to a pod and then our birds will shoot you like a missile at the base. It will be a stealth approach that will place you inside an empty cafeteria. These Spears are retrofitted to pierce the walls without breaking the pressure seal. Clean entry. Now, Glyph has provided us a clear launch vector and a map of the hostage storage locations. Breaching out of the cafeteria should grant you the initiative and a short path to our people inside. Hopefully. ...You never know."

He paused.

"We're still planning your exit but the Pyre should have the base clean and tiddy before then. ...So? Questions? ...If not, then I'll give Commander Corek the maps and let him take the lead. Commander?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah nodded to the captain as he handed the briefing over to him. "Alright boys and girl, listen up, cause I don't enjoy repeating myself. There is somewhere around sixty people being held hostage. Due to the academies AI, we've been able to figure exactly where they are, fifty are being held in the atrium, they are guarded by ten extremists. There are multiple extremists patrolling the hallways, we've been able to count at least twenty. The final ten hostages are being held in the academies main control system. Now, lets start with a plan. We'll jump into the system in a Inquisitor-class Stealth Frigate loaned to us by the Protectorate. Once we get near enough to the academy, each squad will have a designated airlock, once there each squad slicer will hack open the air lock and proceed. A squad, your objective is to secure the rare mineral deposits, your clear to engage any extremists as long as you don't compromise us. B squad, your objective is to secure the main atrium and the hostages inside. C squad and me will secure the control center and the hostages inside. Remember people, keep your shots tight. Any questions?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

No questions came and the Captain nodded his head to close the meeting,

"Alright then. Let's get to work then people. ...Commander Corek. God speed and we'll see you on the other side. Operation begins in thirty."

The officers broke their huddle and the audience stood and began shuffling to their posts. Jerry grabbed her helm and approached the Pyre Commander for a quick handshake,

"Commander Corek. Jerry Mars, Jedi Ranger. We'll be making landfall just after you and your boys hit the base. ...Quick question for you. Have you ever worked with Force Adepts before Commander? Our abilities can be uncommon amongst most tactical squads. I trust you know what to expect when we get inside, yes?"

She needed to make sure the Pyre forces wouldn't balk or stammer the first time she manifested Space Magic. Alas, poor Jerry did not know Noah Corek had been surrounded by Force Users his entire career. Without a doubt he had seen his fair share of Space Magic before.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah shook Jerry's hand when she approached, not knowing who this buxom Zeltron Jedi was until she introduced herself. Noah laughed as she asked if he had ever worked with force-users before. "I spent fourteen years in the Republic as a commando and for the last year I've been with the Pyre, I've served alongside Masters, Knights and Apprentices alike. Another Jedi is nothing." Noah informed her as he garbed himself in a Fondor TerraTech Sniper/Scout Armor, making sure the cloaking field worked, Noah grabbed a Corek Custom Spec Ops Rifle and Two Spec Ops SMG's. Making sure they were secured to his armor, Noah looked Jerry up and down, her armor looked like she was ready for combat. "Actually I would prefer it if you could come with my squad, we need as many soldiers as we can and a Jedi might come in handy." Noah informed her and hooked his thumb over his shoulder to indicate the M-47 dropship that would ferry them to the Inquisitor.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

It was unconventional to request a newcomer into an elite unit. But when Corek mentioned being a Republic commando, Jerry could see the connection. This might just work in the mission's favor anyway.

"We can make that work Commander. My objective remains the hostages safety first and foremost. But I'm sure that won't be a problem. Lead the way."

She smiled professionally and shifted the helm located underneath her arm. She would equip herself with a Disruptor Carbine, Single-hilt Lightsaber, and Utility Multi-tool for slicing. The Space Magic would have to do the rest.

Jerry made no mention of the secret mission the Jedi were here to accomplish either. The rescue of a very specific Republic scientist named Sara Lee Morgan. A woman who could single-handedly develop an Anti-Matter Torpedo using only household components. Not to mention reprogram a Republic War AI like "Glyph" using only a calculator and a spool of copper wire.

Oh no. Omega Pyre most certainly did not need to know that the Republic had just let slip their most brilliant War-Mind straight into the hands of terrorists.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah nodded as he motioned Jerry to follow him towards the M-47, once inside the hatch would close and the internal lights would illuminated the cabin in a reddish glow. "So tell me about yourself Mars, especially why you joined the Jedi Rangers. If you wouldn't mind telling me about the Rangers too, that would be great, just to get a little background on you and your skills."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

Jerry followed behind on his coat tails and nodded to each of his men in turn. She had expected hesitation and instead found curiosity. Corek even smelled strange for a human. A trait every Zeltron woman collects about other species with excellent memory. She attempted to remain professional given the circumstances,

"Oh. Well? ...The Rangers are a type of contractors with the Order. The Jedi keep us at arms length and employ us mostly in the Outer Rims and fringe missions. In return we are allowed to mingle and train amongst their ranks for a time. Like a foreign exchange program. Skill in return for scrolls, as I like to call it. It's... relatively new. Yeah."

She shrugged. Republic policy seemed to change everyday. Tomorrow everything might be different. Who knows?

"I'm was a big game hunter for the Trapper Guilds on Corellia before this. About ten years. Nothing ever shot back but I've tagged many creatures as large as this dropship before. ...As for skills. I can ward your men with a type of shield that deflects incoming fire and reducing ballistic velocity. If you believe in that kind of thing, I can be very effective at increasing your men's combat performance. ...Without interfering, of course."

She was careful not to brag. Soldiers hate show offs and anyone who distracts from their hard won achievements. Jerry simply wanted to make note that she would be useful without slowing them down.

"I won't be a problem. I promise. You'll never even know I'm there."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah was indeed interested in the Rangers, she was a part of the Order, but at the same time she wasn't. This might have helped her during combat, since she didn't have to follow the same moral or ethical rules that most Jedi followed, though Noah could have been wrong. The fact that she was a big game hunter also caught his attention, that was good, it meant she knew hold to trap, stalk and handle a rifle, not many Jedi could do that, giving her another edge up from them in combat. Finally the shield she could bring up sounded like the best thing so far, able to keep him and the soldiers safe in case they were compromised. "Well, if you can seriously do all of that, I won't mind if your around." Noah told her with a grin as he slid his helmet over his head.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Fair enough." Jerry nodded.

She took a seat and fiddled with her helm. Wrapping her long hair into a bun and sliding the metal bucket over her head. Zeltrons hate helmets by the way. So much of their species communication comes by being able to see, hear, and smell their companions. So much of their influence during conversation was non-verbal. Without the Force to guide her, being inside a space suit felt like being severed from the world. As such, she tended not to talk very much once the helmet was on. It just didn't feel right to the alien woman.

Their ship pulled away with a lurch and Jerry was reminded once again of just how dangerous this mission was going to be. She'd need to stay focused and not musing.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah sighed as he began to run through his helmets HUD and all of his armors features. Vibro-knucklers, check. Flamethrower, check. Whipcord, check. Tacpad, check. Mini-Holoprojector, check. Range Finder, Macrobinocular Visor, Audio/Visual Recorder and finally a full hour of oxygen. Finally done with his checklist, Noah took a look at the Zeltron. "So Mars, I've heard a lot about Zeltrons, care to clear the subject on a few of them for me?" Noah asked as he audibly popped his neck.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Sure. Fire away."

She shrugged and let the helm muffle her voice. Her gear was set and her suit was charged. Now all they had was calm before the storm to look forward. That awkward space between the safety of the boat and the bullets of the beachhead. Not even a Jedi could enjoy the stillness found here. Just focus on deep breaths and the surety of your training.

Funny thing though. Zeltrons thrive on adrenaline. So it wasn't the fear of battle that Jerry was inhibiting nor the loose, shaking hands of a rookiee. It was the lust of it all. The pure exhalation of combat. The recoil of the rifle against her shoulder and the bang of the cannon. The rush after a clean kill and the shock of a grenade. Not the detached clam that was so favored by veterans and war heroes. Zeltrons can entirely loose themselves in the hot blush of the battlefield.

It was her experience that kept her finger off the trigger. But it was the Jedi in her that kept her above the blood.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah chuckled behind his helmet, the sound being magnified by his helmets external audio speakers. "Well your hands shaking answers one question. You guys are extreme adrenaline junkies. My second question is your pheremones, do you use them on purpose or are they sort of a reaction when you meet a male or female your interested in mating with?" Noah wasn't trying to be a creep, he was trying to discover more about a species. As a commando and a sniper, Noah understood something, the fact that the more information you get about a certain type of people, the more prepared you'll be if your ever to face them in combat. And for Noah, knowing the enemy, was over half the battle.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

Humans. Sometimes she wondered about these guys.

"The pheromones are a natural part of our biology. It's just like talking for us. They can communicate your emotional and physical level to another person with a potency not usually reserved for casual conversations. Humans have them too, just not as developed as our people. It's why some Humans react so strongly to them. And it's also why some many of my senses and oils are genetically different then yours."

She shrugged and rubbed her hands. It was hard to talk when he couldn't see her face.

"Zeltrons just get a bad rap because of so many other species being blown away by the potency of our chemical makeup. I mean, there are some of my people who use their bodies chemistry like weapons. ...But's that's just the rebellious few. Most of us feel mighty embarrassed when we cause another species to overreact. My idea of an elbow nudge is another species full-body body massage. ...I've actually had my own sweat glands cause a Lupine to faint before. Haha."

Jerry tapped her helmet,

"A vacuum seal works wonders. Let's just say that. Hehe."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah had to admit, the image of a Lupine fainting and Jerry walking by him as he fainted, was a picture that was both amusing and probably very likely as well and not just from her pheromones. Noah had done his homework on Jerry, digging up all he could from her Jedi personnel files. Pretty standard stuff, personal info, contact info, place of residence, etc., it didn't get interesting until the end, where a few photos of her were, photos that she had probably added unbeknownst to anyone else. "Really, that all I needed to know. But I'd like to get to know you a little better. You can take your helmet off if you want to, it seems to be bothering you." Noah informed her as he took his own helmet off, letting his blue-gray eyes fall on her.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

Jerry just shook her head. It was just bad timing.

"We'll talk after we save those people out there. Plenty of cyborg terrorists calling our name right now. The only thing I want to focus on right now, is me, and them."

She looked to the door and nodded. Her eyes falling out somewhere beyond the void. It was time to keep her focus. Sharpen the sword for what came next.

"Time to see if you Pyre boys are really as good as they say."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah shrugged his shoulders and slid his helmet back on. He was just trying to be nice since it seemed like her helmet had been bothering her. After putting his helmet on, near heard a thump, indicating that they had landed aboard the Silent Hammer a Inquisitor-class Stealth Frigate. Once onboard, Noah hopped out and into the hangar. Looking over his shoulder, Noah looked at Jerry. "You coming?" Noah asked as he began to walk towards the frigates ops center.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Noah Corek"]

Jerry followed with a quick trot. Her rifle swinging snuggly on her back. This was an Omega vessel and she did well to announce her presence without being disrespectful. Technically this wasn't Republic territory and she needed to avoid lawsuits and insurance claims. Well, or diplomatic incidents and all that. I mean, not that a mercenary company like Omega Pyre probably cared but Jerry was a Jedi at heart. She was always mindful.

"Lead the way."

Mars followed Corek to the Ops Center with some curiosity too. This was her first time aboard a stealth vessel and it gave the ship a certain mysterious charisma. Something she rather enjoyed in space fairing vessels. Oh, and the walls weren't painted Alderaan White. Thank goodness. Gods how she hated that color on starships. Ugh.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Jerry Mars"]
Noah walked into the ops room and looked over the assembled soldiers, three squads, each consisting of eleven soldiers and a squad leader. These men were the best of the best, having been hand picked out of the Republic or the ODF for stunning combat records and other various skills, each of them had at least half a dozen campaigns with the Pyre under their belt, most had been with the Pyre from the beginning and and had faced both Omni, the Bando Gora and the Dark Harvest. "All right boys and girls, today is the day we finally wipe the Sons of Califf off the map for good." Noah told them as he brought up the holo-schematics of the station. "A squad will insert in the airlock closest to the main atrium, your job is secure the hostages there and eliminate any of the extremists both on you way there and when your there. B squad will insert in the airlock closest to the stations precious metal deposits, your job is to secure the deposits and dispatch any and all extremists you encounter. Finally, me, Ranger Mars and C squad will insert closest to the control center, from there we'll take out any extremists and free any VIP's and take control of the station again. Any questions?" Noah asked and a man raised his hand, one of the squad leaders. "Resistance level sir?" Sergeant Jerrelez, a Zeltron female who natural beauty was slightly marred by a scar running from her jaw up to her, forehead. "Humanoids with cybernetic enhancements armed with military-grade weaponry." Noah informed her and looked back at Jerry. "Anything to add Ranger Mars?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom