Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pa'Dan Negotiations

Objective: Await the Guests

Individuals of Import: [member="The Major"] | [member="Thorne"]
Theme: The Imperial Probe/Aboard the Executor (x)

SixthFleet_header_with_words.png
The whole affair, was to an extent, humiliating to Rausgeber, as he passed through the sandstone halls of the military compound. He had been relegated to the Old Armoury, as a temporary headquarters, until such a point as he could construct something more permanent. But even then, the droid was already calculating how long it would be until the Badishah, in all his paranoia decided to evict them. It was only now, he knew the threat the of the Ssi-Ruuk was the one thing binding them together. But, the Grand Admiral realised that only had so much weight. The shear amount of force which now orbited and camped on Pa'Desh, was simply speaking, anaethmatic to a man, who was so used to his own dictatorial power. A force of this size, clearly sat in challenge to the God King's status.

Still, the question of Pa'Desh's political leadership would be answered at a different time. But yet separate questions of the future ever loomed, even as the hundreds of thousand of refugees still sat in orbit, above the ravaged remnants of the Sixth and Seventh Fleets. The First Order, or at least what remained of it, needed purpose and they had it. Large, hulking destroyers clung to low orbit, scarred from the exodus from Dosuun, and across the Empire. They had but one objective. Survival. But, with the shear amount of arms, and industry needed to rearm the Order, and repair its wounds to achieve this was insurmountable. Even Pa'Desh, a planetary state with sprawling factories, did not have the capacity or technology to challenge this. No. The First Order needed something bigger. Better. And it would require a deal with the devil.

The Grand Admiral was followed by an entourage of emissaries, generals, star destroyer captains and various FOSB officials, as they walked through the stone confines of the armoury. Stormtroopers, still attired in glistening white moved into security positions, as the Grand Admiral entered the eastern annex. The armoury lacked a proper hangar, it's construction predated Pa'Desh's space travel by several hundred years. As such, a courtyard had been allotted for the presentation of Thorne. It was a tight fit, but, a platoon of stormtroopers from the fighting 678th stood to attention, flanked by a hulking rank of Death Troopers, in their crisp obsidian garb.

Across the railings, and upper storey's overlooking the courtyard, more stormtroopers stood, along with various naval personnel ordered by rank and position. Only the highest, and least war weary now stood to attention in this show of pagentry. Rausgeber knew, that to achieve this end, it required a show of force. The Order, needed to show its might. And as such, the Grand Admiral, had decided to hide his identity. Holographically displayed, the Sixth Fleet's Imperator, now appeared in human form. His hair, greying blonde, and his face, taut, and showing the first signs of ageing.

Now, watching as the shuttle ramp slowly extended, and its occupants exited, the Grand Admiral, along with his small junta, paid court, bowing before the Chiss dignitary and his small group. "Admiral Thorne," Rausgeber began, his voice, clear, clean and crisp. "I consider your presence before us, a great honour." The Grand Admiral raised himself, and matched the Chiss' deep gaze. "Welcome to our, at least temporary home." Carlyle curtly began, "There is a lot to discuss, and time is not a resource in abundant supply."

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
mYF6p6B.png
UNKNOWN REGIONS
The Old Armory; Old Pa'Dan.
The planet Pa'Desh was not a location familiar to Mitth'orn'eruod. In fact, it was largely beyond the immediate scope of the Ascendancy, far closer to the territory that had been claimed by the First Order. Still, contact had been received, a request for diplomatic relations accepted, and the Admiral was now enjoying the opportunity to get to see another world. On the travel to Pa'Desh, Mitth'orn'eruod had used the time in hyperspace to study what information was available on the planet; it was an ancient culture, not noted for any famous deeds on the galactic stage, which used a caste system and even had relocated Chiss in some communities. It was certainly an interesting place, but even the Admiral had to admit the export of kyber crystals was of particular note. More recently the Ascendancy had begun utilizing the powerful focusing crystals into their warship weapons, further improving the damage they were capable of, and it stood to reason that having another possible source for the crystals was prudent in continued manufacturing.

Still, such notions were whimsical until such time as agreements were made.

The shuttle transporting Mitth'orn'eruod from his flagship in orbit, the Vesci, sliced down through light clouds and approached an old city amid the jungles and mountains. It didn't take long for the pilot to reach the co-ordinates given, landing the vessel smoothly with a mild touchdown of the landing struts. Beyond, the First Order - or this particular group - were arrayed in parade fashion, with large numbers of troopers in polished white armor standing on numerous levels. It was an impressive display, Mitth'orn'eruod supposed, certainly showing a level of respect; the Admiral hoped that, after speaking, that respect would be mutual.

The ramp lowered, allowing Mitth'orn'eruod to walk down onto the ground. At his flank, four helmeted troopers followed, their armor covered by long cloaks that concealed their forms and possible weaponry. The facility was of block construction, seemingly naturally formed and shaped, and showed signs of age. The Chiss took a moment to look at the troopers, acknowledging them, before he cast his crimson eyes on the individual standing before him. The humanoid spoke, offering a bow, which Mitth'orn'eruod returned.

"Grand Admiral Rausgeber," Mitth'orn'eruod intoned, his eyes remaining on the sentient's chest for a moment, before holding the human's focus. "I am happy to be here. The Defense Hierarchy were pleasantly surprised to receive your request for a meeting, and given the circumstances I understand the need for rapidity. Please, lead the way."

For another brief moment, the Chiss' eyes flicked downward over the Grand Admiral's uniform, noting several things of interest. But, now didn't seem the time to mention much beyond introductions, instead Mitth'orn'eruod deciding to wait until more private quarters...

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Robogeber"]​

UNKNOWN REGIONS
Old Armoury, War Room

Sixth_Fleet_Page_divider_with_grad.png

The Grand Admiral lead the entourage through the building, stormtroopers and soldiers stopped, and saluted before the diplomatic procession as it was lead toward the centre of the ornate fortress. Soon, the Chiss were lead underground, into an apparent addition to the armoury, a durasteel reinforced area. Through this series of modern corridors, the journey ended, with Rausgeber introducing the Admiral to a large, spacious conference room, guarded by a praetorian guard of stormtroopers in black armour. Whether or not as a precaution, or passive aggressive show of force, they did not salute Thorne's entourage. The Grand Admiral turned back to the Chiss' security, "If you do not mind Admiral, I request your security forces, wait outside." he paused, and offered a small smile, "The data and information we are about to discuss is of most, important secrecy." Rausgeber informed the group, "So if you would Admiral," he gestured into the room.

It was a dimly lit room, with a large, centralised conference table, with large, ornate seats on either side. The bulb of a holographic projector sat in the midst of the table, with consoles sitting all around the room. With screens, typically used to display data. This was, first and foremost a war room. Rausgeber watched as his stormtroopers closed the door, and then activated the display, "I appreciate your candour in this matter Admiral
," The senior First Order officer began, "However I must reiterate that this information will only be received by the highest echelons of your government." Midway through, the Grand Admiral's visage became pixelated before dissolving, turning from his seemingly biological form, into a droid. Levitating slightly above the ground. "Now, I presume you wish for a situation report?"

The senior officer toyed with a console, and activated a map of Pa'Desh, displaying a show of the vessels in orbit, including Thorne's. "The First Order, is dying." The Grand Admiral began, "I presume this is not a secret to you, or your people?" The First Order officer began, "But our forces were, overrun, by the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium, a force which quite simply destroyed us, and our ability to defend and maintain control of our territory." He then began to flick through pictures, showing Ssi-Ruuk fleets, ones of massive scale, before then displaying a map of First Order space. Many of the planets were enveloped in red. "This, is a map of the areas the Ssi-Ruuk managed to assault," He then added a secondary phase, with red lines connecting most systems, "These are the hyperspace lanes and trade routes they've seized." he shook his head, "We represent the last great hope of the Order, and the forces assembled here, are essentially the last remnants of our great navy." He paused, and bowed his head.

"Admiral Thorne, we need your help." The Grand Admiral continued, "We lack the industry, manpower, food and logistics to capably force out the Ssi-Ruuk threat and retake our domain." he mused, "And as such, we ask your help, not in our conquest," he noted, "But in our current state, we'll starve." he looked directly at Thorne, "Admiral, I realise it is a great undertaking, but we need your people's help."

[member="Thorne"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ilHQHpr.png
UNKNOWN REGIONS
War Room; The Old Armory.
The introductions and pleasantries were short, which Mitth'orn'eruod could appreciate. Too often he had been forced into drawn out diplomacy, dealing with ambassador's needs for extended small talk and relationship building. Such was not the case here, as both sentients were military career officers, and they knew that cutting to the crux of the topic was the quickest way to solve it. And this situation did, indeed, need solving. Soon. So, with a simple nod, Mitth'orn'eruod followed the Grand Admiral through the old block corridors, he noted the transition to newer construction and reinforced plating, before stopping as Rausgeber did.

"Very well," Mitth'orn'eruod said in response to the request to leave the cloaked commandos out of the next room. The cloaked soldiers remained outside, as the pair walked into the war room proper, the door sealing in their wake. Mitth'orn'eruod took his allocated seat, opposite the other individual. "Please proceed. And I can say with certainty that your report will not fall to gossip mills."

The Chiss inclined his head as the humanoid form of Grand Admiral Rausgeber faded away, the holographic projectors deactivating, revealing what Mitth'orn'eruod could only presume was the sentient's real form. A droid, no less. There was a moment as the Admiral considered the revelation, though in all honesty he wasn't entirely surprised, considering what he had noticed outside with his particularly adaptable crimson eyes. So that is why his bodily functions appeared so different to those of standard humans, Mitth'orn'eruod thought to himself, as he eased back into a seat and watched the Grand Admiral. Interesting, indeed...

The information that followed, however, made Mitth'orn'eruod refocus on the task at hand. He watched the displays projected, one gloved finger tapping his chin, as he paid the utmost attention to tactical reports and fleet arrangements. It seemed a large portion of what Mitth'orn'eruod suspected had been the First Order fleet was gone, judging by what was being shown, and the words spoken by the droid Grand Admiral. At the mention of the large reptilian species, the Ssi-Ruuk, Mitth'orn'eruod's eyes narrowed. He knew of the Imperium, knew of the methods in which they conquered and destroyed, for the Ascendancy had faced the scaled menaces in the past.

"I see..." Mitth'orn'eruod murmured, studying the maps that showed where the First Order had sustained losses, and where the new occupiers now held influence. "Not ideal, no."

Next came the request, which involved about what Mitth'orn'eruod had presumed given the reports and situation of Rausgeber's forces, and when Rausgeber had finished speaking the Chiss Admiral eased back in the chair once more. He was thinking. Scanning the maps, the limited resources, making calculations based on requirements and potential for mutual benefit. There would also be danger from supporting the remnants of the First Order, specifically from the Ssi-Ruuk; yet the reality was that, whether today or tomorrow, that Imperium would spread aggressively. And it would be prudent to respond sooner rather than later, to avoid allowing the reptiles a chance to strengthen their position.

"I understand your situation, Grand Admiral," Mitth'orn'eruod said after a short time, as he sat forward and pressed his fingers together, fingertip to fingertip. "Your need for resources, manufacturing and repair assistance, and security in this region is a given. Based on the maps and reports you have shown me, your remaining forces could not handle another attack without severely depleting what remains...

"So, allow me to explain some of my culture to you," Mitth'orn'eruod said in a low tone, as he motioned for the other to sit. "The Chiss have survived - perhaps even thrived, arguably - in the Unknown Regions for centuries. Our greatest strength is being able to take what an enemy has used against us, to then improve upon it and turn it on them doubly. In this regard, our technicians and engineers are some of the best in the galaxy. This is not a boast, merely fact. We also understand the need to protect our borders, which is why the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet was created. We also know that in these more turbulent galactic times, more aggressive methodologies are often required."

Mitth'orn'eruod raised an eyebrow.

"Say the Ascendancy were to agree to supporting you and yours, Grand Admiral, what would be the benefit to us? That is not to say the Ascendancy is unwilling unless given adequate return, but certainly you can understand that we would be involving ourselves in your war, despite your claims of not being part of your conquest. We both know that is not the case, as the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium will not discriminate between whomever they seek to absorb into their grasp. Additionally, any confrontation will show our hand, identifying the Ascendancy as your benefactors."

The Chiss remained passive, crimson eyes staring at the holographic display of the Grand Admiral's face within the domed helmet...

"To save time, I will tell you our expectation, should we agree and continue: kyber crystals, of which this planet exports, in large quantities at a fair price. And First Order schematics and technology, so that we may study, utilize or otherwise improve on for both your forces and the Ascendancy. If you seek to sweeten the pot, as it were, I would not object but also do not demand more unless you are willing. I do not wish to humiliate you, or make your feel as though you must placate the Chiss for support; rather, understand that we are pragmatic, but still see your plight as worth our time as the First Order were respected by my people."

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Robogeber"]​

UNKNOWN REGIONS
Old Armoury, War Room

The Grand Admiral passively listened to the Chiss' response, and nodded his head slightly. He was already abundantly aware of the position and cultural and strategic mindset the Ascendancy held. The Grand Admiral had of course had his own host of subordinates from Csilla and her nearby systems. Including the mother of his children. However, he patiently allowed the Admiral to make his demands, before deciding to continue. The Admiral of course wanted access to Pa'Desh's resources and the military technologies the First Order had revolutionised. Already the Grand Admiral considered what technologies he could share. Obviously not all of them, but there would be time to consider that later.

"I concur with your sentiments, Admiral." The Grand Admiral continued, "I assure you, I would be more than happy to oblige you the schematics to some of our more, technically advanced vessels." The droid mused, pausing briefly, "We are also, willing to lend out our forces to assist in the expansion and defence of the Chiss nation and people." The Grand Admiral keyed his console, and then activated his holographic display, exhibiting Pa'Desh's orbit. "The destroyers, and vessels you see, are the remnants of the Sixth and Seventh fleets," Rausgeber informed the Chiss dignitary, "These Captain's and officers are the cream of the crop," He added, "Veterans who have served admirably amongst my command, from the Galactic Alliance Wars, and beyond." He proudly added, "Capable of defending your nation, and perhaps, more importantly, training your own corps."

"Several special forces assets, have also found their way to our domain here," He paused, "They are, available for request to assist where necessary." The Imperator added, "Perhaps to assist in any discrete operations you may have." The droid then flicked the display back to the map of First Order space, "I hope we can also, have the favour repaid," he added, "Once we have formally restructured our forces, I do intend to keep a leash, on our dominions," he added, "There are many enemies, and opportunists who may wish to pick at the carcass of our former territories," He added, "The Ssi-Ruuk, the CIS, Outer Rim Coalition and New Republic all represent threats to our security, and the stability of our populations." Rausgeber seethed.

"If you could assist and support our attempts to thwart expansion, and consolidate our position, I can assure you." The droid for the first time displayed a ravenous grin, "The deepest darkest vaults of the First Order's research and development will be open."

[member="Thorne"]

Matt the Radar Tech

UNKNOWN REGIONS
War Room; The Old Armory.
The Chiss listened to the droid Grand Admiral speak, easing back into the chair comfortably, crimson eyes unwavering. In truth, Mitth'orn'eruod had expected more disagreement, perhaps bristling, rather than the response given. Truly the situation for the remnants of the First Order was dire. Yet, the Admiral was no fool, he understood anything shared with the Ascendancy would be purely at Rausgeber's prerogative, and given the man's - droid's - reputation, Mitth'orn'eruod expected a drawn out process that favored the First Order's position; after all, the longer one could drip-feed another in an agreement, the more advantageous it was for the side whom needed the agreement more. However, Mitth'orn'eruod had been truthful in his words, as the First Order had been respected, and now was not the time to argue over semantics or fine details.

Not when the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium were razing worlds and making a return.

"A veteran commander can prove a boon to learn from, I am certain the CEDF will appreciate seeing your people in action," Mitth'orn'eruod said with a nod, before he sat straight, eyeing the map of the Pa'Desh orbit. "I was privy to inspecting the exteriors of your vessels on my journey to the planet, and I must commend the First Order on some fine workmanship. Your warships are impressive. In the hands of your veteran officers, I expect nothing less than excellence for the forays into expansion to come... of which there will be many, for both sides."

Speaking of expansion, Mitth'orn'eruod raised an eyebrow.

"Am I to presume your request for assistance in maintaining defense of your fluctuating territory is to do so for systems you have now relocated your forces to? Or do you seek to have us defend all past First Order territories?" There was a severe difference between protecting currently occupied First Order systems, and fighting in sectors lightyears from any form of claim or control by that same group. "As you can understand, there is no issue agreeing to support your military for systems you do reside within, however we cannot be expected to defend the entirety of the southern region where you have no viable claim... that would drastically drain both our resources.

"However, as a caveat, I will say we can also assist your protection of select, high priority systems in the Outer Rim, if it is essentially required for your resurgence. For example, should you want to protect Bespin, because you - or one of yours - have stationed a contingency of warships there to maintain its financial viability to your overall stability, we can do that... but if you want to protect, say, the planet Sump, simply because you feel you have a right to retain it, then we will not."

Still, the Chiss Admiral spread out his hands as an accepting, friendly gesture.

"Simply put, the Ascendancy will support your efforts at expanding and defending what you do, or realistically can, control or have a highly vested need in maintaining from outside occupation," Mitth'orn'eruod studied the overall map showing the First Order region. "Is this agreeable?"

X5BpgBb.png
[member=Robogeber]​

UNKNOWN REGIONS
Old Armoury, War Room

The Grand Admiral listened, and then clarified, "No, no." He began, "It would be poor of us, to impugn upon you and your people's hospitality, Admiral Thorne, as to defend the rump of our territories. Allow me to elaborate." The droid conceded, before tapping into the holographic display, "There are several contingencies which have been launched in the wake of this crisis," Rausgeber informed the officer, "This, being one of them, but, we have strongholds of loyalists, and soldiers scattered throughout our territories." The droid continued, "Fortress worlds, and weapons stores, yet to be unlocked, and when we can, we plan to evacuate in the short term." He paused, and then gestured to a projection of the Galaxy, "In the medium, and long term, we do hope to shatter the Ssi-Ruuk, control, which you hopefully see as future objective. And then try to frustrate attempts to occupy our homeland by foreign powers."

He then moved around the table. Repulsorlift generator humming as he glided across the conference room. The eyes of his officers amongst him. "I can assure you, Admiral, that we will do our upmost to support the Ascendancy in any way we can." He continued, before stopping before him, "Together, with our knowledge, and your resources, I see a fruitful partnership." He offered a leather gloved hand to the Chiss, "I consider ourselves in furious agreement as to the stipulations put forward, and do hope your superiors see the same." The droid then pulled away, reaching into his tunic, and pulling out a holodisk.

"As a token, of our partnership, allow this, to be an act of good faith." Rausgeber drawled, "To show that we earnestly do agree, and are willing to fairly exchange our knowledge." He paused, "Enclosed on this disk, are the Shield Project, Forty Two. And the designs to our Mega-Class Turbolaser batteries." The droid continued, "Both of these weapons systems, have proven effective in our navy, and hopefully to yours."

[member="Thorne"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom