Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Faction The Outlaw Professor's Totally Legal Guide to the Rimward Trade League

Shar Vida

S
INTRODUCTION
Hello, Chaos! Welcome back to the advertising campaign for the Rimward Trade League! We just celebrated one year of existence and activity, so let’s reintroduce ourselves as we continue to grow and develop!

We are currently a minor faction operating in the Outer Rim Territories, radiating out from the Quence Sector’s Susefvi and Svivren systems. Compared to what many people think we are not a megacorporation or guild-run government. Instead, the League is composed of autonomous system governments working together to stabilize the Outer Rim through increasing commerce, infrastructure development, and fair laws dedicated to the protection of individual rights and healthy local communities.

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/Bgq9JUDZTG
FACTION: https://www.starwarsrp.net/factions/rimward-trade-league.47/about

• Individuality & Autonomy
  • Exploration & Wonder
  • Gritty Slice of Life
  • Pragmatic Optimism
  • Interstellar Trade & Society
  • Tonal Range From NobleBright-NobleDark
  • Ordinary Heroism

• Foster a vibrant, grassroots community of writers with a passion for the Outer Rim, the stories of the fringe, and a desire to drive a narrative of social change, growth, and the tumult that comes with it
  • Create a home for spacer archetypes of all stripes to interact with each other and become a welcoming resource for new writers to Chaos and those interested in trying new characters.
  • Create a home for Light and Neutral fringe Force sects that so easily meld with the wild and untamed nature of the Outer Rim, with an emphasis on grassroots good-works, community driven storylines, and multiple story arcs to explore different aspects of the characters, the Force, and the Star Wars galaxy
  • Achieve the status of major faction to represent the unified efforts of the Outer Rim to stand for each other and grow into an independent galactic power

EASY CHARACTER NICHES

FREE TRADERS AND THE
MERCHANT MARINE
Look, if you’re a tramp like me, these folks are basically your space-taxis and space-trains, right? Free traders are rougher, less reliable, cheaper, and usually dirty, in every sense of the word, but by the stars can they spin a tale or show you some place you couldn’t even imagine existed, even if just a kick out an airlock. Them merchant-mariners though, they’re all spit, polish, and steady incomes for reputable companies with reliable contracts.
Merchant-Marine & Free Traders

RIMWARD RESCUE SERVICE AND RIMWARD RANGER CORPS
Now look, I’m an expert on the galaxy’s law enforcement agencies and their ilk. And all things considered, these are probably the best. Not the most efficient, I bet, or the most effective per se, but that’s not their mandate, you know? This is the Outer Rim! Law and legality are paper fictions even more obtuse than my books (Which you should totally buy, tax free to protest government censorship). The Rescue Service are my preferred to deal with, because they save lives first, act like space cops second, although they tend to have a background in smuggling, so they’re a bit too canny for me. The Rangers, well, they’re the opposite of chill, but they really only deal with interstellar criminals at a scale beyond my own petty career (Which was overblown by CorpSec, thank you very much). Mostly they just tell free economists like myself to return stuff to their previous owners or pay them back and then they go get in main street noon shoot-outs with brigands and slave dealers.
Rescue Service & Ranger Corps

THE CIRCLE OF LIGHT
Personally, I think Jedi, Sith, and all the lot a bunch of spooky mystics. That’s even before we get into Matukai, Fallanassi, Disciples of Twilight, Jensaarai, and Wardens of the Sky (I put money on the fact that the second two actually exist and nobody can convince me otherwise. I’ve seen things, mind you). But they’re all here in the League doing things- mostly Jedi Pilgrims, sort of a knight erranty sort who get involved when local communities, and Circle of the Light Hand, who are very monkish and don’t use lightsabers but do lots of herbalism and calligraphy and Teras Kasi, of all things. But there’s normal Jedi too. And anyone who spends any time on this side of the Rim have heard the stories of the reclusive Aang-Tii, so who the kark knows what they’re up to?
League Force Sects

GOVERNMENTS & BUSINESSES
Sovereign Suefvi Republic, Free Terminus Republic, Svivren Trade Alliance, the Sevarcos Spice Council, the Skynaran Assembly, the Rim is thick with regional and local governments, not to mention the countless small businesses and regional corporations. Tillian Family Enterprises, White Star Shipping, Kal’Shebbol Supply & Shipping, Outer Rim Supply Co, these are just a few companies I bummed rides from without their knowledge. These two things are what the Leaguers are all about- free trade (excepting transaction taxes, sadly) and local governance. Everyone’s trying to make a living out here on the Rim, although politics doesn’t pay very well out here on the Rim, so you tend not to find the corporate grubbers in political power out here, although unions and guilds are thriving as they work to improve working conditions and pay for their members.
Government & Companies

DEFENSE FORCES & PRIVATEERS
Everyone knows the Outer Rim has pirates. It’s all over the holodramas from Imynusoph to Morellia. Dastardly, scurrilous scoundrels who pillage and plunder their way to paying for a luxuriously free life. Mostly, they’re brutally ruthless who don’t give two gobs of krayt spit about the people they murder or the lives they destroy. The Rescue Service is the one who does most of the anti-piracy work, but again, they’re lifesavers. So when they track down some particularly strong ones, they muster up a task force from the standing system defense forces and hunt them down. Some, they’ll offer a deal. Leave the Outer Rim and or get the airlock. (Seems fairer than what the pirates tend to offer) Others get turbolasers. And some… get a letter of marque and reprisal against the League’s enemies. Mostly other pirates and criminal cartels, but gossip talks about expanding the authorized targets to far-off galactic superpowers. Merchants can get a letter of marque as well, authorizing them to sell any pirate vessels they take out, either offensively or defensively, as well as any standing bounties.
Defense Forces, Privateers, ORION

OUTER RIM DEVELOPMENT CORPS
My personal favorite of the League agencies. All civilian, almost all geeks who like to get their hands dirty. The Development Corps is the backbone of the League’s logistical efforts. They work as advisors and non-profit contractors for local governments to help develop infrastructure- both physical and social. Engineers, hyperspace navigators, agricultural educators, construction hunks.
Outer Rim Development Corps

ONGOING STORY ARCS (September 2021)
WORLDS OF LIGHT: While working with the Outer Rim Coalition, Tiland Kortun discovered the ancient world of Qi-Ko, a shining example of permaculture, Force-nexus, and harmonious living all at once. The spirits of the ancient Qi-Kans, bound within crystals deep beneath the surface to survive a plague, sacrificed themselves to try and help save the planet Ossus by channeling their energy, but only after informing Tiland they had create four planets to serve as Force-beacons, navigational beacons detectable by the Force for their interstellar navigation. Where are these other worlds? What secrets might they hold? What could the Jedi and followers of the Light learn from these ancient wonders? What could have nearly wiped out the Qi-Kans?
Discussion Thread

WHEN DROIDS ATTACK: Droids programmed and built to protect the people of the Outer Rim have been acting strange, and instead have turned on those they were created to protect. Why have they attacked? What caused it? Are other droids at risk? Yula Perl has mustered the Circle of Light and the Rimward Ranger Corps to investigate and put an end to the threat.
Discussion Thread
THE RRS ENDURANCE: The crew of the Rimward Rescue Ship Endurance learns become the finest crew on the Outer Rim after being transferred to one of the Service’s new ships, charting their own destinies on the great starry expanse of the Outer Rim. Some for money, some for adventure, some for adventure, and some for legacy, they must put aside their differences and their mistrust to make the Outer Rim a safer place.

NEW HORIZONS SHIPPING COMBINE: Startling word tears through the gossip and news channels of the Outer Rim, a Core-world shipping conglomerate has forced a monopoly on the League-neighboring world Andelm IV, cutting off decades of trade and partnerships without any warning. Fearing the economic repercussions, the League begins exploring formal and legal options while the free traders take matters into their own hands.
Thread

COMING SOON: THE THIRD IMPERIUM

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom