Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Outer Rim Imperium Updated Advertisement

Yoru Shakou

t1rsz_1rsz_sun_halo_zpsawljhwor.png
..:: The Outer Rim Imperium ::..
"Let it be known that none shall defy the Imperium"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..:: Organizational Information ::..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type of Organization: Criminal Syndicate

Title of Leader: Supreme Sector Lord

Governing Body: High Council of Sector Lords

Other Positions:
  • Supreme System Lord
  • System Lord
  • Under Lord
  • First Prime
  • Second Prime
  • Captain of the Guard
  • Guardsmen

Affiliated Sub-Factions:
  • The Raulynate

..:: Societal Information ::..
Headquarters: Lanteeb
Locations:

Official Language(s):
  • Galactic Basic Standard
  • Huttesse

Currency:
  • Denarius (1 credit)
  • Aureus (25 credits)

"Legal" Services Offered:
  • Mercenary Contracts
  • Bounty Hunting Contracts
  • Financial Assistance

"Illegal" Services Offered:
  • Smuggling / Spice Refinement
  • Weapons Trafficking
  • Piracy
  • Extortion
  • Slave Trade
  • Assassination
  • Espionage / Information Brokering

..:: Overview ::..
The Outer Rim Imperium is a loose confederation of individual Warlords and Crime Lords; ranging from simple Mercenaries to harden Criminals. This loose confederation was brought about upon the simple concept that they could either gain power separately and fight among themselves, or they could join together and take advantage of the power vacuum left by the collapse of the Lords of the Fringe and the Omega Protectorate.

Though while they agree to work together, this loose confederation acts more like a Kratocracy, in which the strongest among them reign; with this often causing internal strife. Those whom rise to power have done so through physical force, social maneuvering or political cunning as the means to secure their positions. However the are not without guidance, and often it is the Supreme Sector Lord whom ensures that even while the Imperium is factional and prone to chaos, that it does not tear itself apart.

As such, while the various Sector Lords and System Lords plot and devise schemes in order to further their own goals, the Supreme Sector Lord is capable of uniting the individual bickering powers and guide them towards a common enemy. For while the Imperium may fight among itself, those petty grievances are put aside in the face of an external or internal threat that would otherwise be capable of destroying the Imperium if they remained fighting.

..:: Sector Lords ::..

The Sector Lords are the political upper echelon of the Imperium, the strongest Warlords and Crime Lords. At any one time the total number of those Sector Lords never exceeds Thirteen. However ones place as a Sector Lord is never guaranteed nor is it permanent, as a Sector Lord can easily fall and be replaced by another.
Supreme Sector Lord - A title afforded to the most powerful Sector Lord. There are numerous ways in which this title can be secured by a lesser Sector Lord. Political Cunning, Social Maneuvering, or through seizing power with sheer Physical Force. The Supreme Sector Lord is the de facto leader of the Imperium.
Sector Lord - A title of those Warlords and Crime Lords whom rise to power through sheer force of will, determination and ambition. They are those whom are recognized as the most powerful among those in the Imperium. While there is never more than Thirteen, that number can dip as low as three if there are those whom are not worthy of the title. Sector Lords are known for their unbridled ambition, and are encouraged to invade and dominate neighboring systems or to expand their influence and corruption. It is only the Supreme Sector Lord that is capable of reigning them in, or focusing their strength upon a singular goal. Each Sector Lord is also afforded the rights to govern those Systems they conquer as they see fit.

..:: High Council of Sector Lords ::..

"The High Council of the Sector Lords is a rather flimsy coalition of the most powerful Sector Lords. They only cooperate when it suits them. Their numbers vary from time to time. New ones rise up, older ones get knocked off."

The High Council of Sector Lords is a unique and often rarely convened council, as many of the Sector Lords are either constantly bickering among themselves or focused upon expanding their power. When the Imperium is beset upon by an External Force or an Internal Threat, the High Council meets to unite their power for a singular focus. The Council has the power to grant the rank of Sector Lord, and can likewise (through a majority vote) banish a Sector Lord from their number.
Through the High Council, the Supreme Sector Lord holds the power to negotiate with enemies of the Imperium. These powers also extend to laws that affect the whole of the Imperium, often superseding local laws set by the Sector Lords (a power which is often unutilized as a means to pacify the Sector Lords and keep them happy).

..:: Other Positions ::..

Each Sector Lord, including the Supreme Sector Lord, has a retinue that they keep close to ensure their continued power. This retinue is comprised of various System Lords, Under Lords, and the commanders of a Sector Lord's forces, as well as those whom form the personal bodyguard units established by the various Sector Lords.
Supreme System Lord - A title, one which can be seen as being akin to that of such ancient titles as Baron of the Empire. The Supreme System Lord ranks among those whom are above System Lords, yet hold no such power as wielded by the Sector Lords. Those few whom are granted this title are likewise granted a sizable estate and amenities that would otherwise be garnered as if they were nobility with the estate being tax free and untouchable by Sector Lords or System Lords. The title can only be gained through a great act of dedication towards the Imperium, and even then it can only be bestowed by a unanimous vote by the High Council of Sector Lords.
System Lord - For every Sector there are multiple systems and for each system there is a System Lord. These individuals are granted the title by a Sector Lord, and often are those individuals whom oversee the operations of an entire system that falls under the control of a specific Sector Lord. Many of those whom serve in this rank are capable of being named First Primes, or even being elevated to the rank of Sector Lord.
First Prime - The foremost warrior of a Sector Lord, whom is charged with carrying out the most important tasks and leading the entirety of a Sector Lords military might. They are akin to Commander-in-Chiefs. Their final mission given to them is to avenge the death of their Sector Lord if they are killed by an enemy.
Second Prime - Handpicked by the First Prime, they are those whom command individual forces from the total overall force of a Sector Lord, often they hold the rank of General (when commanding ground elements) or the rank of Admiral (when charged with a Fleet). Their duties vary from Prime to Prime, and often on what the First Prime deems is most important. In order to be chosen for this position, those whom show leadership qualities, cunning and ambition are watched for by the First Prime.
Under Lord - The Lowest administrative rank, the Under Lord is an individual that can serve directly under a Sector Lord, or they serve beneath a System Lord. Their duties vary depending on whom they serve, and what that individual deems to be most important. While it is often customary for those Under Lords of a defeated Sector Lord or System Lord to enter into service of the one whom defeated their former Lord, it is also not uncommon for an Under Lord to rise in station to either that of a System Lord or Sector Lord depending on their abilities and dedication.
Captain of the Guard - Those individuals whom show the greatest of loyalty to the System Lord that they serve, or those lone soldiers that have proven themselves in battle time and time again are often recognized for their achievements. While a First Prime leads a System Lord's Armies, it is the Captain of the Guard whom ensures the safety and protection of the System Lord themselves.
Guardsmen - Individuals whom have proven their worth among the forces of the System Lord are often handpicked by the Captain of the Guard to enter service as a Guardsmen. These are those individuals whom would place their lives on the line to ensure the survival of those that they serve.

..:: Military Forces ::..

The Outer Rim Imperium has no set military force, no central fleet or other force that would be common place among other such Galactic Spanning Factions. Rather their military might is dependent upon those forces that a Sector Lord or an ambitious System Lord is capable of rallying from those Systems and Worlds that they oversee.

Thus while the Imperium may not maintain a centralized standing military force, it is not in the very least unprotected. Even the Supreme Sector Lord maintains a sizable military force as a means to project their own power to ensure their position and in times of extenuating circumstances, the Supreme Sector Lord maintains the power to unite the Sector Lord's forces into a single centralized military force.

..:: Currency ::..

It is often said that the symbol of a civilization is minting currency. The Imperium is one such organization that does not often accept the Galactic Credit Standard, though is more open to other forms of currency such as those often used in Hutt Space. Internally the Imperium uses a system of Denarius and Aureus.
Denarius - A silver plated coin which shows the depiction of a calm Nerf one side. The reverse has the image of the symbol of the Imperium; it is treated as being worth 1 Galactic Credit within Imperium space. With 25 Denarius worth a single Aureus.
Aureus - A gold plated coin which shows the depiction of the first Supreme Sector Lord engraved upon one side. The backside holds an engraving of a raging Krayt Dragon; it is treated as being worth 25 Galactic Credits within Imperium Space.

..:: Goals ::..
Establish the Imperium as a Regional Power with the focus being on that of the individuals and beings inhabiting the Outer Rim Territories.
Rise in the place of the fallen Lords of the Fringe and Omega Protectorate; with the clear goal of ensuring the safety and protection of the Outer Rim Imperium from Coreward interest.
Securing the resources and wealth of the Outer Rim Territories and ensuring its distribution first to those enterprises located in the Outer Rim Territories under the control of the Imperium; with the secondary goal being the later distribution of wealth towards Coreward interest.
Maintaining the security of the Imperium through establishing alliances and treaties with other Factions and Governments located in the Outer Rim Territories, or whose influences reaches into the Outer Rim Territories.
Securing strategic worlds and systems in the Outer Rim Territories to strengthen the Imperium before further expansion with the ultimate goal being to create a Territory within the Outer Rim Territories whose focus is on that of the individuals and their security while ensuring that the Outer Rim does not fall into a constant state of war as seen in the Core World Factions.

..:: Faction Tags ::..

9EwLGSH.png

Supreme Sector Lord - Coming Soon

Sector Lord - Coming Soon

QgcvzRy.png

(Restricted - Usable only by those granted the title of Supreme System Lord)

diG1OGp.png
eIeGKaH.png

lXsTULC.png
bl2dfsi.png

cEiEoKk.png
BQioNYV.png

..:: Closing Statement / Q&A ::..

I was rather amazed with myself coming up with this. I was taking a break and out of no where, I found myself thinking about old ideas that I had thought I forgot about. This faction arose from some of those ideas, as well as new ones, and was also inspired by my friends and I remembering out favorite scenes and seasons of Stargate. I will openly admit that this takes a lost of inspiration from the Goa'uld and even utilizes some of those terms for titles and positions within the faction itself.
While I've not given up on the Raulynate, I have decided to slow myself on it to prevent me from being completely burned out, by choosing to expand my creativity and efforts upon old characters made new.
With that said, I would like to invite those whom may be interested to ask questions, make comments, or otherwise voice your concerns or feelings about the faction (though I would request that they are constructive).
I've also included a small Q&A as well. If you feel something has not been addressed, please feel free to make it known and I will respond as best as I can.
Q: Why use the Goa'uld Empire as inspiration for a Star Wars based faction? It isn't even the same system / Sci Fi / etc etc.
A: I've always viewed the Goa'uld Empire with a mixture of loathing and admiration. This was an empire that for Thousands upon Thousands of years was functional even though it was beheld by internal strife and political maneuvering between the Goa'uld. I felt that, and I hope that I, as well as others, can capture that same feeling and reproduce it for Chaos.
Q: If there is internal strife and political maneuvering between faction members, why didn't you just join the Sith? / What makes you different than the Sith?
A: That is a very good question. I will admit that there is much in similarities between the Sith and the Goa'uld Empire that the Imperium takes inspiration from. I feel that the Terminus Imperium is a faction that is not focused on the Force as much as the One Sith, as it is designed with the ideas of the Knights of Kal'Shebbol in mind. The Imperium is focused on the Non-Force Users, and on aiding them in securing their own future in a Galaxy otherwise often dominate by Force Users; though at the same time realizing that they can be and should be worked with, though they must also be carefully watched.
Q: What makes the Imperium unique?
A: Another good question. I believe its initial design makes it unique. While many factions chafe and often have difficulty getting their members to work together as a whole, I believe that the Imperium can over come this through its design as a Kratocratic Fiefdom. It is designed to inspire, and encourage individual members to act on their own. This means that it is intended to allow for smaller internal groups of members to act on their own stories, while also furthering the over all stories and goals of the entire faction. Individual members are encouraged to break off with a small core group of like minded roleplayers to enact their own Dominions, Invasions and other actions with a limited connecting umbrella of a faction blanketing their actions. This means that a small group of five or six writers dedicated with writing with one another are not bogged down waiting for multiple faction members to post; with the intention being to prevent Dominions from dragging on or otherwise stalling out.
Q: Why did you shift the faction from a Political Organization to a Criminal Syndicate?
A: While the Outer Rim Imperium had potential as a Political Organization, it was brought to the attention of myself that it could have been likely that the Faction was not "Star Warsy" enough. With the shift of the faction from a Political entity to one of a Criminal Syndicate, I believe that it will aid in the growth of the Faction. Much of what made the Outer Rim Imperium as it was remains, with slight tweaks and additions. While it is a Criminal Syndicate, it is still very much a Kratocratic Fiefdom, with individual Warlords and Crime Lords overseeing large swaths of space for their own individual power.
Q: With it now a Criminal Syndicate, what makes it different from the Hutt Cartel, or the Red Ravens, or any other established Criminal Organization?
A: I believe what makes it stand out in difference from those factions is what it endures and retains from its original design. The Outer Rim Imperium remains as it was intend, a highly decentralized structure in which a smaller number of members can do their own thing while still advancing the over all machinations of the Imperium. While I can not assume to know much about the Red Ravens or how they worked, many may see the Imperium as just another 'Criminal Syndicate' or a 'dime a dozen'. I believe however that it can be, with dedication and hard work, a faction to be reckoned with the likes of the Hutt Cartel or Black Sun.
Q: What system is put in place to prevent Faction members from tearing each other apart or turning on each other?
A: There is no such system put in place. As mirroring its inspiration, the Imperium is designed to show the true conflict and internal strife that a large interstellar Government would face. We also see this in much of Human History with many successful Empires often falling from internal strife. The continue maneuvering and rising and falling of Sector Lords is designed to ensure that the strongest are leading the Imperium so that the faction survives.
Q: What if I don't want to be a Sector Lord or ranked position, nor take part in Dominions? What is there for me?
A: That is fine. Members of the Imperium aren't going to be forced to participate in the internal power struggles, or the ambitious plans of the Sector Lords or those whom desire the position. The faction will be open to many whom want nothing more than a little freedom for their character, and they will be open as well as encouraged to act out their own stories and lives for their characters, free of the internal political struggles of the faction as they see fit and as they please.
Q: What criminal activities will the Imperium be involved with?
A: The Outer Rim Imperium will be involved with a number of activities that are considered legal and illegal. On the legal front the Imperium will offer Mercenary Contracts and Bounty Hunter contracts. Their illegal activities will run the spectrum of Smuggling, Weapon Trafficking, Extortion, Slave Trade, Assassinations and Piracy. The Imperium may also delve into the murky pond of Information Brokering and Espionage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom