Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The One With Every Reason To Fall

Testing.png

This war was spiraling out of control. Her mother was dead.

Walking through the streets of Hefi, Gwyneira Vizsla walked with misery. She was heading for the local scrap yard, hoping to find spare metal. She needed to drown her sorrow in tinkering and engineering. Hopefully, that would help. And in a less familiar Enclave world such as Hefi? The change of scenery could also help. After all, Gwyneira was not a complete workshop gremlin now...

With a huff, she walked through the streets with an ever present misery hanging over her head. She was trying to just think of mechanical parts and engineering code, but her mind always drifted back to her current woes.

Okay. Let's try this again. Best look out for any kimd of Cam Slider, the Tauntaun's could use an update. There's also finding an Electrostatic Discharge Coupling, and a Gravity Flux Compensator. I could also use a Plasma Transvertor, could use that for Cab. And Elise asked me about her freighter's Heat Sink acting up-... Elise...

She stopped in the middle of the street, worries for her daughter flooding her mind.

"Kark."

She sighed, trying to push her thoughts away as she looked over towards... a mechanic shop across the street from her. She blinked. Perhaps, she could distract herself by looking through that shop? With a huff, the forlorn Mandalorian approached the shop and started eyeing the spare parts lying around. She could smell the alluring fumes of a forge, and she was immediately comforted by the industrial environment. She always felt safe at places like these.

With a slouched posture, Gwyneira removed her buy'ce as she walked up to the part and took a closer look. Her face looked dull and exhausted, but her eyes shone with intellect as she mumbled to herself.

She looked over to a certain gadget, and she spoke out loud, "I found an Electrostatic Discharge Coupling already, huh."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Testing.png

enclavediv3.png

LOCATION: Hefi, Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan and Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze 's shop.
Objective: Renew with a dear Vod
Tags: [ Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla ]

The cost of the war was felt differently for all - but in the end, all Mando'ade felt it.

Jenn sat down in her Forge, looking down at the battered buy'ce of a brave brother lost in the battle for Ryloth. His Clan was in mourning, and she felt selfish a she gazed into the reflective T-shaped visor. Here she was, hoping for the return of peace, desperate for a chance at reconciliation, even befriending a Jedi... only to be faced with the harsh reality of war in her one place of respite. The Forge no longer brought her the peace she needed in order to truly reflect: most of her work was related to the beskar'gam of the fallen, and the constant reminder that her people were losing friends, lovers, children-

At the hands of those they had once called allies.

Perhaps she truly was a naive fool. Perhaps she had traded the fire and fury of her youth for blissful ignorance, sheltered as she was in the Forge, hammering away at another piece of armor.

Slowly, carefully, as if she might break the helmet in a million shards, Jenn brought the helmet to the stone slab where she kept her most recent projects... and, inhaling deeply, she walked on out of the Forge and into Sam's part of their joint venture - the shop itself. Moving behind the counter when she saw a customer had entered while she was busy reflecting, the Kayartr'ade opened her mouth to speak... then closed it. Her eyes rested on the woman's features, drinking in the sight of her in shocked silence.

And, after a long, long pause, her hands slowly moved to her own buy'ce, removing it with a hiss of decompression and letting it rest on the counter. Gwyneira was treated to a slight, but undeniably soft smile, and eyes so very full of melancholy, worry... and pride.

"Su cuy'gar, vod. It's so very good to see you again."

Testing.png

Gwyneira knew that someone was in the shop, thanks to her Force Sense, but she had not recognized the Force Signature until she looked over and saw her face. Gwyneira just sort of stood there for a moment, processing. She had met Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze on several occasions, all years ago. But she never had gotten over how she initially treated her, back when Gwyneira was just being adopted into Mandalorian culture.

Admittedly, after more than two decades, Gwyneira was still bitter.

But she was able to muster a small smile. She was bitter, yes, but still more mature than she once had been. She gave Jenn a small nod. She was guarded and cool, but still carried a pleasant demeanor. After all, she sensed no ill intent from Jenn, despite the person she once had been. "Greetings, vod."

She paused again, looking back towards the mechanical part she had found. She stuck with social pleasantries, "How are things?"

Testing.png

enclavediv3.png

There was little surprise, perhaps, that Gwyneira failed to recognize the woman's signature in the Force. Now that Jenn was Ersansyr rather than human, there was a spark in the Force where there had previously been... nothing of note. To say nothing of the barely perceptible gills at the side of her neck. Or the gentleness of her gaze, the sheer pride and affection behind them. Jenn... hardly looked like the fanatical crusader Gwyneira had met so long ago. She seemed calm, in control of herself- but even behind her tenderness, there was no mistaking the deep sense of melancholy. A profound sadness.

"Bad", spoke the Mandalorian with a weary sigh. As ever, she was honest and true, speaking her mind openly. Evidently, she was still a singular soul when it came to avoiding pleasantries and cutting straight to the point. "After Ryloth, I've seen more and more beskar'gam brought to me. And this will continue as long as this war goes on." Bitterness tinted her words. It seemed the Nite Owl's passion for battle had dimmed since their last meeting - or perhaps she had acquired wisdom at last. Who could say? "I'm sorry about Shai. I know she was... important to you. More than I will ever know." The words hung in the air as she paused, her gaze plunged into Gwyneira's own eyes, thoughtful and introspective. Whatever she sought in there prompted a most unexpected response from the smith.

"Gwyn, I'm sorry that I... wasn't fair to you when you were younger. I thought I was shaping you into a warrior with my harsh lessons, but I realize now I only bullied and belittled you. And- I wish I could make up for that. I really do." Jenn stood up straighter at that, and for a moment, the way she furrowed her brows and held herself was reminiscent of the woman she had once been - and yet, devoid of the spite and disdain that once filled her words and gaze. "But I promise you this: I'm going to help Elise."

Testing.png

Gwyn's eyes widened as she looked to Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze with a shocked expression. She now knew what it was like for other people to meet her and deal with Gwyn's potent Force Sense. This was all... a lot to process.

"Uh..."

Despite being half-Arkanian, with a brilliant IQ, Gwyneira just stood there, dumb. She was deathly still as her mind whirled with machinations, breaking down what has just transpired. After long last, she turned her head and closed her eyes. A deep sigh was heaved, and she spoke to Jenn without looking at her. "I..."

She paused for another moment, noticeably tearing up. She blinked the tears away, struggling as her throat tightened, "Elise... I have a strong connection to the Force, so I can understand the fear her visions have brought her concerning this war. I feel the same way... as both of you."

Gwyn was easily able to sense Jenn's sincerity. How melancholy she felt, her misgivings on the war. All of it. Her personality shift was sharp, and strangely proved something Gwyn has not believed growing up - people could indeed change. But sensing Jenn's frustrations with the crusade, Gwyn felt relief. Bouncing off of each other's Force Senses, the two were able to read every echo of emotion the heart echoed off the ribcage. Gwyn turned and leaned against a wall. Despite only being forty years old, Gwyn looked way older. Not in terms of wrinkles or health, but in her demeanor and exhaustion. Gwyn looked down to the floor, eyes drooped in depressive tiredness.

"This war is a karking waste of time, resources, and most importantly, lives. On both sides, there is nothing but stubborn refusal to bend the knee. That karabasting Galactic Alliance Of Meddling has overstepped, but the Enclave has reacted too hotly. And many families, including mine, are being torn apart over it."

She leaned her head against the wall, "Kark it all. My kids just brutally fought each other. My youngest has been giving into all her fantasies and hatred, and my eldest has defected entirely. My Buir is leading this Manda forsaken crusade, and my mother figure is dead, like my husband!"

She gritted her teeth. So much anger, bitterness, and resentment swirled in her mind as she clenched her fists against the wall. Her body tensed up, and her throat was tighter than ever. Then... she loosened up again. Weariness took over as she once again took on the appearance of an old shell.

"I'm tired, Jenn. From the moment I was born, I've suffered the worst the Galaxy could throw at me. A neglectful mother, an academy full of stuck up, Arkanian Purists. Disowned by my father... and when I thought I had found a place in the Enclave, people like you still found ways to be cruel to me."

She laughed a bitter, ironic laugh. "I can tell you're sincere in your apology. It just karking hurt, y'know. It never left me, even if other people had done even worse. I've long suffered, and I remember every detail from every day, of those who had hurt me."

She looked up to Jenn with an expression more genuinely hurt than angry. She obviously was trying to forgive Jenn; with her bitterness was being washed over by the stronger feelings of despair. She was tired of being angry. She just wanted peace.

"I don't care anymore, honestly. About this galaxy, about the people. I still don't want to see civilians get hurt, but I'm so close to being done. Even with the Enclave I've always held so dear... I'm tired of it all. I have tethers tying me to this galaxy yet, but they are freying. As always, no one in my family cares about how I feel. My feelings be damned, it's all about pointless duty, and politics, and rushing into war. Leaving me behind..."

She frowned, solum, and looked to Jenn with a nihilistic, aged gaze. "I'm not asking why, or if I've suffered enough. I just know I have and I'm tired of it and it's vanity. I don't want to care anymore. So why do I? You've gained so much wisdom, I can sense it. What's the karking point when you're losing everything again?"

Testing.png

enclavediv3.png

Jenn's understanding of her powers remained... approximate at best. With nobody to teach her how to better understand the Force and all that it entailed, her powers remained nascent and raw. And yet, she found herself somewhat relieved by how her own Force Sense seemed to bounce off of Gwyneira's own, allowing them to better understand each other: here, there was absolute clarity between the two, even beyond the Kayatr'ade's habit of speaking truly and honestly.

The smith leaned against the counter, listening to all of Gwyneira's worries as she expressed them. There was... quite a lot to take in, from the half-Arkanian's understandably heartbreak in the face of her family shattering as a result of the war to the reminder that she had shown the girl nothing but disdain and scorn in the past. No matter how hard she tried, the Mandalorian could not stifle a wince as memories flooded back to the forefront of her mind. All those times she bullied the girl in spite of her best attempts made her feel nothing but burning shame, even now. There was no taking those memories back, no matter how sincere her apology may be.

"If the Enclave is to endure, it must be strong. To be strong, we need worlds. And once we are strong, we can raise our children in safety and peace, just as your daughters were. The alternative is how I spent my teenage years - alone, and finding nothing but coverts hidden away from all, living in fear. But... I understand why the Jedi would intervene. The Alliance only cares about strangling us before we become a threat, but the Jedi are peacekeepers. They cannot stand idly by as we conquer once more, and for that, I respect their devotion to their creed, just as I respect those among us who have chosen to side with the enemy. It takes immense courage to stand up against your own people, your own family, and do what you believe is right, no matter how wrong they may be. Elise defected because she wants to do the right thing."

A weary sigh escaped her. Talking politics was the last thing her old rival needed, and so she hopped over the counter to join her. There would be no separation between the two, not now: nothing could stand between them. So it was that the Nite Owl wrapped her arms around the pale vod, holding her close to her. This was the least she could offer her: a measure of affection, of comfort. A display of just... how far she had come along in how she regarded her. She saw Gwyn's pain as she leaned against the wall, the sheer anguish gripping the mother's heart, and she would not stand idly by as she suffered. Not any longer.

"Your family matters more than the Enclave, vod'ika. The fact that you still care after all of this... it is a testament of your strength, of the goodness in you. Eliz is gone, as is Shai, and Kranak is leading us into this hopeless war- but you still care. Because you are more than just a Viszla, more than one of the truest Mando'ade. You are Gwyneira, and I promise you this: you and your girls will be whole again. It will take time, but you need to keep your heart and your mind open. If you stop caring, Gwyn'ika... who will Mevia come to when she realizes the Crusade is wrong? And when Elise tries to return to those she loves when this war is over?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom