Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Old Republic-Interest check

Heron Teradalch

Stereotypical Republic Soldier
Well, with the fall of the Republic, I think we should go for something a little different. I think we should bring back the jolly old Old Republic, with their Bike Helmets, their cool looking armor, and their mini guns. So many mini guns. I think it'd be pretty exciting to be using Old Republic era ships, and fighting the Sith.

[member="Heron Teradalch"]

This is precisely what I am doing with the new Galactic Republic faction. Going back to the base ideals of the Republic, being defenders of the galaxy, helping others out, etc.

Jsc

Disney's Princess

If the ideals and tenets of the Galactic Alliance do not fancy you? Then by all means. Go forth and kick some Sith booty. The more factions fighting darksiders and their nazi regimes, the better! Woo woo! :D

Give em' hell Heron.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I'll kick your booty!!

[member="Nicolas Thorne"]

I dont think we need another Republic, honestly. Not a new Republic...maybe an Old Republic, back when ya know...the Jedi were awesome.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The Republic would require some serious reformation in theme and policy to garner new interest here, especially given its track record for failing itself miserably.

I'd say either go entirely new, or go retro KOTOR-style.

Heron Teradalch

Stereotypical Republic Soldier
[member="Darth Seraphic"]
[member="She of a Thousand Demises"]

Well, i'm gonna do this KoTOR style, then. I'll just edit the stuff a little, and we'll have a KoTOR faction.

But what'd it be named?
The Knights of the Republic?
The Old Republic?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Heron Teradalch"] - Of course it would. This is a sandbox. You can do whatever you want within IC reason. Whether others will support your goals or ideals or even oppose them is a whole other matter.

[member="She of a Thousand Demises"]

Kotor/ToR era Republic is very possible.

There is nothing stopping you from doing what you want, but you...and certain rules.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Heron Teradalch said:
But on a more serious note, could I create an Old Republic? I mean, i'd LOVE an Old Republic but would it be allowed?
Our timeline wouldn't change. No.

However. You are welcome to create any themed Faction you so choose. That's totally okay.

Also. [member="Nicolas Thorne"] and his crew are already recreating the traditional Republic theme as we speak. If it is indeed a very traditional Republic government style that you are seeking? Why not PM him and see what he has in mind. Enjoy. :D

Darth Seraphic said:
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I'll kick your booty!!

[member="Nicolas Thorne"]

I dont think we need another Republic, honestly. Not a new Republic...maybe an Old Republic, back when ya know...the Jedi were still not at all awesome.
Fixed that for you. ;)

Just to mirror what JSC said why not touch base with [member="Nicolas Thorne"] and see what he has in mind instead of jumping to create a different copy of what may very well be the same idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom