Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Nomad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent:
To create a ship for Verz's nomadic travels across the galaxy, with possible friends along for the ride.

https://lh6.ggpht.com/RpSeoY9SKQnp_X_RCTkRh00s9E6sm9Gw410fdwcH-FMP0hEJGCR-nX67JVQehBsHXg=h900

Ship in top left, one down is the ship image. Red and silver. Image credit goes to the Trese Brothers and their wonderful indie games.

Dev thread: None, can be made if needed.
Manufacturers: MandalMotors
Model: SC-01
Affiliation: Verz Horak
Modularity: Yes. The ship can be outfutted with standard upgrades and other common tech, such as different ammo for the guns (i.e. different grades of TB gas to power/provide ammo for guns)
Production: Unique
Materials: Durasteel, electronic components, standard construction components
Description:
A personal, lightly armed and quick transport ship. It is meant to work with as few people as possible, as for some time, it will only have a pilot and some droids. The ship, while not meant for military uses, will have military grade guns and have a capacity of 4 torpedoes to ward off hostiles. It's main weakness is lack of powerful offensive weapons. Torpedoes and laser guns will only do so much against determined enemies. The crew might not even be ready for fighting, depending on who is aboard, so that is another weakness. Strengths include the ship's agility, as it is smaller than many warships, it should have little problem gettingaway. Another strength is the aerodynamic shape, allowing the ship to easily enter and exit planetary atmospheres, eliminating the need for smaller transport craft withinthe hold.
The ship was commissioned to be built by MandalMotors shortly after Verz was defeated by Gilamar Skirata, as a request to his old friend. The ship will be used to carry Verz Horak and company across the stars, in their nomadic travels. Therefore, many of the actual piloting actions are automated and or simplified by the navcomputer, as nobody skilled in piloting is expected to join the crew.
Role: Armed Transport
Dimensions: Corvette- 150m long 50m tall, 30m wide
Power core: Solar Ionization reactor
Hyperdrive: Class 1.5
Minimum crew: 5
Optimal crew: 25
Armaments: 4 laser batteries, 2 on port side, 2 on starboard side
Passengers: Shares crew capacity
Consumables: 1 month of rations, 1 week of luxury rations (i.e. any normal food)
Cargo Capacity: 6 metric tons
Non combat attachments: Navcomputer, hyperdrive, life support, escape pod, standard furnishings and gear
Sublight speed/maneuverability: Class 5

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Verz Horak"]

I'm sorry lol, with so many replies I thought this was already being judged! But it looks good so approved awaiting secondary

quality-control-stamp.png

@[member="Verz Horak"]
In the future, please refrain from bumping Factory submissions and tagging Factory Judges or SWRP Staff without their permission.

As for the ship, I need the exact dimensions for the Length, Height, and Width. We also no longer approve submissions with Sublight speeds that aren't whole numbers. Please raise it to 5.

@Me when done.

@[member="Verz Horak"]
Thanks!
A few others things that need cleaning:
  • Modularity - please don't add the et cetera. If possible, describe in detail what ammo types and whatnot can be modified on this vessel.
  • Materials - Pretty much the same as above, don't add the etc
  • Dimensions - The length and height are fairly good, but the width depicts your vessel as almost more than half as wide as your ship is long
  • Non-Combatives - There's also an etc mark here, list out all attachments, please.
This also hardly conforms to the Starship Creation template. Please be sure to use it because this doesn't have consumables or other details.

@Me when done!

@[member="Verz Horak"]
Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Can you beef up the description a little? Describe the ship's design, explain strengths and weaknesses, even give a history to the starship!
  • Cargo capacity seems a little low. 3 Metric Tons = 6,000lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom