Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Night Before

Place: Night Club 'Trendy'

Sean was being taken here by a few of his new 'pals' who were intent on initiating the young man into the military world via a wild night of drinking and such. The four men walked into the club confidantly, the fifth man not so much. The young soldier boy felt quite akward amongs the fancily dressed and generally quite beautiful people. He felt self conscious, in just casual garb, his hair cut into regulation military fashion. Shyly he approached the bar and got his hands wrapped around a glass of blackfizz and rum. Glancing around he saw all kinds of people, including one [member="Joza Perl"]

The Zeltron woman was already several drinks in—not that it mattered much with her body’s natural quick metabolism of alcohol. She hadn’t paid for anything that night so far, thanks to the amount of leg that was showing from beneath what could pass as a dress. It was a black sleeveless number, cut short enough to show off the smooth pink skin of her legs but conservative enough on top to cover her chest entirely. Her red hair had been carefully set so that her waves looked voluminous and natural, makeup present but not heavy handed.

She wasn’t really here to socialize so much as she was just to get attention and free drinks. That much was evident with how she’d chased off any man who bought her one of these fancy cocktails after a short exchange.

As she sipped delicately from the rim of the glass, she felt a vague sense of anxiety from her left. Glancing over, she saw a young man—couldn’t have been out of his teens—looking out of place at the bar only a little ways from her. Even if she hadn’t been trained in the Force, the Zeltron could grasp emotions with ease.

Sliding down so that she was closer to him, Joza offered him a wink.

“Hi there.”

She rested her elbow on her counter, and her chin in her hand as she gave him a curious smile.

[member="Sean Ailín"]

Had Sean bean shot at, it might have caught him less off guard. Hearing the sensual feminine voice to his right made him jump slightly, a small embarassed blush coming to his cheeks from the response.

Turning he looked the woman over, maybe he spent a little too much time staring, before his brain kicked into gear.

"H-H-Hi Th-There Miss" He said softly.

Nervously he ran a hand through his hair. Oh god, someone was talking to him

"C-Can I help you?"

[member="Joza Perl"]

Joza felt a little bad at having taken him off guard so easily. She wasn’t the type to try and take advantage of someone, only toying with those she was more familiar with as a sign of closeness. And, of course, anyone who decided to tease her first. Still, she had to take a few moments to reign herself in from giving in to her predatory instincts.

Instead, she gave him a soft, disarming smile.

“Are you alright? You seem a bit anxious. Still on your first drink?”

[member="Sean Ailín"]

He nodded a few times, then gave voice to the same reply

"Y-Yeah...first ever really"

He glanced about the bar for a moment. He could have sworn he came in with nearly a half dozen friends, but they appeared to have vanished into the club, leaving him alone to actually speak to people. He'd have to have a serious talk with them later, they knew how shy he was. But, perhaps, that is why they did he.

"Uh H-Hi again..." He said, his eyes sliding away from her shyly, focusing down on his drink

[member="Joza Perl"]

Still smiling softly, Joza shook her head.

“There’s no need to be nervous. I won’t bite.”

And she would try her best to behave, especially with someone so vulnerable in front of her.

“Joza.” She held her hand out for him to shake. “What’s your name, stranger?” The young Zeltron would eye him carefully, sipping on her drink again.

[member="Sean Ailín"]

Slowly he reached out and took it. Self conscious about the rough texture his hands hand from basic training he shook it, stammering out his name

"S-Sean Ailín " He responsed

"And Uh I'll...I'll try to..to relax..I didn't think you'd bite"

[member="Joza Perl"]

“It’s nice to meet you, Sean.” Joza flashed him a toothy smile. She watched the young man carefully, feeling a sudden sense of nostalgia. Though not as severe, the Zeltron had anxiety problems fitting it when she first stumbled wide-eyed into the world of force users.

“So, Sean. Are you a…soldier?” She put a finger to her lip as if she were thinking, her voice taking on a purely playful edge as she took in his appearance. The crew cut hair gave it away. It wasn’t that often she’d encountered someone so shy in a place like this, but then again she had never thought to look.

[member="Sean Ailín"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Uh-Yeah Yeah I am I..I uh just got..out of basic"

He was fumbling over his words quite badly and he knew it. He was trying his best to appear calm and collected but, Sean was no great actor. "W-What about you...What do you do I mean? I uh..I didn't mean if you were a soldier"

He clarified the statement needlessly, feeling a little foolish

Joza only nodded and smiled, feeling as though she would make things worse for him if she pointed out how he was stuttering and obvious nervous. If she were in his position, that would only stand to make her feel worse. Instead she let him speak, gently swirling the base of her martini glass as she looked up in thought for a brief moment.

“Right now, I’m a traveler.” She offered a light explanation. She was careful not to use the word “Jedi” in certain situations unless she was confident that it would not be a bad thing. Several experiences had taught her that Jedi were not universally well liked. Even she was beginning to change her opinions, not particularly feeling like a Jedi much anymore.

“Well, congratulations on your accomplishment, Sean. Are you celebrating tonight?”

[member="Sean Ailín"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"I Uh...I guess I am...I mean I..I thought we were but..But now here I am and uh...I'm kind of alone"

He ran a hand through his hair again, clearly a nervous habit. His eyes were moving often too, only able to keep eye contact with her for a few moments before he felt akward and had to look away, causing the blush to remain a permanent part of his features around her

She frowned when he mentioned that he was alone. Did he friends abandon him for more…earthly pursuits? She felt bad for the boy, clearly feeling out of place among the flashing lights and laughing patrons. This was a type of shyness the Zeltron would never know.

“Hey, no worries. You’re not alone.” She leaned over and placed her hand on his shoulder, squeezing lightly as she released a torrent of pheromones unto him. Offering him a soft smile, she tilted her head towards his drink. “Why don’t you finish that, and I’ll buy you another, Sean?” She winked in an attempt to show her good nature.

[member="Sean Ailín"]

He nearly froze when the zeltron reached over and touched his arm. For the third time that night, Sean cursed his own shyness.

He rewarded her attempts with a shy smile anyway, "I um...I think i'd like that" He nodded, sipping at his mostly gone drink, setting it down on the bar. "Thank You...I mean for the drink and uh...for staying with me..."

[member="Joza Perl"]

She watched him drink with an approving nod before waving over at the bar tender to signal another drink for each of them. “No worries, young man.” She felt a bit strange at calling someone else young but, oh well.

“So,” She said, turning back to her newly placed drink and sipping it slowly. “Tell me about yourself, Sean. Where did you grow up? Why join the military?”

[member="Sean Ailín"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Well I uh....I grew up up in Sith space and uh...we....we weren't treated real well.....My dad they...he was part of the Flying Column a resistance movement....they tracked them down and...well one more, I remember the entire village we lived in was aflame....the sith were dragging people into the streets....executing them...I was eight? nine at the time? I remember hiding and watchng as they dragged my father out of bed and into the street and....well I joined the military to fight back"

Joza remained silent, letting him speak. As he brought up painful memories, her lips would tilt into a small frown, and while her hand was wrapped around the stem of her glass, she wouldn’t lift it for a drink. He had her full attention, and she was fairly surprised to hear his story at first. But being a part of what she was, it was something she was used to hearing. Shaking her head softly at the thought of Sith, she sighed lowly.

“I’m sorry, Sean. What was done to your people was terrible.” She reached out to place a hand atop his and squeeze it softly. “It’s awfully brave of you to take up arms against Sith. Admirable, really. I bet your father would be proud of you.” She offered him a soft smile.

[member="Sean Ailín"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Th-Thanks but..But I'm not brave...." He drew a breath. Why did part of him feel like crying? "No. I... I g-get afraid on the battlefield a lot. S-sometimes, I feel the urge to run away. So I charge. When I can. When I can't, there's a-always shooting."

He looked up at her, his throat feeling tight. "You have to believe. When you s-see everything that you've helped do, you have t-to believe in your orders. That what the c-commander tell you t-to do are the right thing. That they're d-doing the right thing, whats necessary. When you s-see a child who's been...... You have to b-believe that they're right. That they do the right thing unquestioningly. If you don't..."

He let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding "I've seen what happens if you don't. I won't be like that.....So you p-put your head down and you t-trust in them"

Joza let him speak, allowing his emotions to wash over her. In an odd way, she was taken back to her earlier years as an apprentice in the Galactic Alliance. Though now, she couldn’t say that she agreed with following a figure of authority that you questioned, but that might have just been the Jedi in her.

“Sean…” She started, her features softening. “I know this might be hard to believe, but I was once in your shoes. I’d made a big decision that took me away from the only home I’d ever known, and it was nearly impossible for me to figure out how to survive at first. The anxiety can become overwhelming, especially when faced with…” She was about to say death, but thought better and tried to choose her next words more carefully. “…options you’ve never had before. Fear is not the opposite of bravery. Cowardice is. And by taking the first step, you’ve displayed bravery.”

[member="Sean Ailín"]

He sighed, leaning back in his chair. Taking his glass he took a sip of it, not necessarily because he wanted it, mostly to prove he was feeeling fine. "L-Listen I...I appreciate this, all of it" He said with a soft and shy, yet honest, smile.

"I-Uh I feel like you're not getting a lot of this....whatever it is so um....Is there anything you'd enjoy talking about?" He asked, trying to change the topic away from himself

[member="Joza Perl"]

“Mmm.” Joza gave him a contemplative look from behind the crystalline rim of her glass as she took a sip. Red brows rose at his words, then fell once more. “Alright, Sean.” Humming softly, she let her eyes roll upwards in thought as she tried to pick a conversation topic that might distract him from his nerves.

Tilting her head back towards him, she gave the boy another smile. “Have you ever met a Jedi, Sean?”

[member="Sean Ailín"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom