Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Timeline

I'd like to crowdsource the next timeline update since Staff isn't hosting an event this summer and would like the members' input on major events you feel should be included in the timeline. These events should be events that chronlogically came after the end of Masks of Madness.

Post your suggestions below! Preferably epic events you feel are worthy of being honored, and they must be In Character events.

Sith splinter factions die
CIS gets messed up at Druckenwell
One Sith conquer Coruscant
[member="Ashin Varanin"] gets depowered
Atrisians die
Subach-Innes gets razed
[member="Popo"] becomes Pub Chancellor
Temporal distortion due to Akala's death

I would say with all these Invasions and drama going on with factions attacking others, maybe that should be mentioned in our timeline? Like the Republic-One Sith war, Protectorate-CIS, Mandalorian-New Order, etc... They are big events and they are really important to the site's canon, right?

Great Jedi Convocation (Covers Ashin's post)

The Great Galactic War (Pretty much every faction right now is at each others throats) - This sums up all the war stuff.
  • Sacking of Coruscant
  • Defense of Carida
  • Tragedy at Drunkenwell (Covers everyone's post :p)
  • Jedi Loss at Teta
You could even link to threads.

I wouldn't say people being elected are major events, however, I could be wrong. If we'd like to cover characters in major events.

[member="Ashin Varanin"] becomes a Padawan -again-

Aaralyn Rekali becomes Sword of the Jedi, then suffers a devastating defeat at Teta, is brainwashed and becomes a Dark Lady of the Sith.

[member="Ember Rekali"] declares a one-man war against the One Sith.

[member="Maria Natalja"] betrays the Sith and becomes a Jedi.

[member="Popo"] consumes previous Supreme Chancellor in election, wins by default.

[member="Jaxton Ravos"] dyes his hair purple.

[member="Darth Isolda"] gets a lecture from [member="Jannik Morlandt"] about: "How rude it is to get into other peoples minds!"

[member="Jared Ovmar"] steals a great many things that are precious, turns into Smeagol.

I don't know, some examples for a timeline. :D

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Let's be sure to take a look at the major events' formatting in the existing timelines as a guide for the level of 'big-picture' we're talking about, lol. One character getting busted to Padawan does not shake the galaxy.

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

I know, I was just saying if that was going to be used.

I say:

Great Jedi Convocation (Covers Ashin's post)

The Great Galactic War (Pretty much every faction right now is at each others throats) - This sums up all the war stuff.
  • Sacking of Coruscant
  • Defense of Carida
  • Tragedy at Drunkenwell (Covers everyone's post :p)
  • Jedi Loss at Teta
And then whatever else anyone else has to add. Just cause everyone is at war, no one can get along and you'll be damned if you have the Sith having a get together :D

J3C0

J
Okay, the timeline isn't necessarily about significant events that have happened, but rather significant events that have affected great change in the galaxy. Because of this, I'de argue that any specific character being put on the timeline(unless its one of mine for OBVIOUS reasons(I'm better than all of you)). This would also mean that unless an invasion had significant impact it shouldn't be included. Now given taht the timeline has never mentioned major events there's actually some catching up to do.

• Rise of the Sith Empire
  • Rise of the Republic
  • Mandalorian/Sith War
  • Republic/Sith/Mando War-Fall of the Sith Empire(Include a mention about the razing of Dromund Kaas and conquering Korriban)
  • Throw in something here about the dozen other factions that have risen are are major but haven't really had huge impact yet(You know who you are).
  • OP-Fringe War(Whatever happened to that guys?)
  • The Sacking of Coruscant-Rise of the One Sith-Sith/Republic War Renewed
  • OP-CIS War
Now obviously this list has massive spaces and huge gaps, but its the super condensed version of the board events that i feel have been the most important up until now.

I do think a list of major turning points should be accepted into a timeline such as the ones already mentioned, with the Major wars and the... defeats of certain historic factions, especially with the Sacking of Coruscant! (again). Like an honorable mention system that doesn't cover the the galactic events such as the Omni Rebellion or Dark Harvest, we already have time lines for that :p

As for the NEXT event, with this theme of Galactic War, why not instigate this further by having an OOC Tournament with major rewards involved for participating factions?

Each faction could have dedicated teams to complete a few war objectives against or for some foreign faction, and neutral people can give assistance anywhere they choose (and gain the spoils of victory)? It would be a little bit different than things we've done before, but I think it could be made for a lot of fun! I don't think the bracket's wouldn't be that difficult to do with the handful of factions we consider to be still active.

Anyway, food for thought :p

Again the mention of all these wars could just be under one Summary. Great Galactic War or Hyperspace Wars 2.0.

I think we are like all trying to toot the horn. *toots the horn louder*

Well if you look at Omni's timeline you can see at the end: http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/timeline/835-aby-clockwork-rebellion-r23

It mentions the Mandalorians and the Sith Empire engulfed in war directly, I don't see why a few nods here and there about what's been going on wouldn't hurt the theme of these timeline things.

But we still need ideas for the next event. Awhile ago I heard staff had delegated a number of members to come up with one? Whatever happened with that anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom