Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Step

I walked off my ship leaving my crew behind as they dropped me and my Master back off on the planet Lehon. They had orders to not stay on the planet, and to return to Kessel and oversee business operations. It had been about three days since I had been freed and taken over K.S.M inc. It was a great feeling, when Darren had put all of the past owners assets in my name his credits legal and ilegal passed on to me. Splitting it up among my crew and paying for some of the slaves to be sent back to their families with pouches full of credits I hadn't left any really for myself. However using the pirates connections as well as the connections as the past owner spice was being sold at a decent enough rate for me to continue paying the crew as well as whatever staff stayed with K.S.M with a nice little bit being put into my own bank account.

I trusted the crew with my business mainly because they had turned around and became honest working men, well I actually don't know how you could call selling spice across the galaxy being honest work, but hey we even offered to take spice addicts in and help them overcome the addiction. The reason I was here on Lehon though was because I had felt that this would be the perfect place to start my training. Especially with the force calling to me, plus Darren's ship was still located here.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Being dropped of to gather my ship, Kale tagged along with me. He was wanting to get a break from all of the company that he had taken over. And it was right of him to do so. With escaping from slavery, learning of the force inside of him, and then taking over a company all in one day, He deserved one. Dressed in simple clothes of a black long sleeve shirt, ripped with age, jeans the same way, and red comfortable sneakers. I was already feeling good. On my belt was two lightsabers. One red, and one an Icy blue that once belonged to my father. Finding it in his old cave on Hoth where he had taken refuge from the Sith for a time, He left it there for me. Knowing that someday I would get it.

I remember distinctly that his first sentence was, "If you are hearing this, then I am ether in hiding, or dead...." It still hurt me to this day that I had killed my own father. His words ran in my ears. Touching the ground, I snapped back into the real world. Still I showed no sign of ever leaving, nor what I had thought about. Walking forwards from the ramp, The YT-1300 that I had sat in the field where Kale had fought a few people, and had claimed the title of Pirate Captain.

I made my way towards the ship, probably with Kale lingering behind me somewhat. "Would you like to train in lightsaber combat Kale?" The question came out of nowhere. If he was going to be a Dark Jedi after myself, then I would have to teach him about sabers and how to wield one. However, I will have to teach him first the movements of the forms of saber combat that I knew. Staring with vibrosword, I would move him up to sabers if I believed that he could hold one without cutting a limb off.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Turning to face Darren as he asked me the question out of the blue I shrugged. I wasn't actually expecting to start to fast especially not while wearing my new clothes. Today I. Was wearing black pants and a matching shirt but if Darren really wanted to start the training. "Well if you wanna start I'm cool with it, but how about after a bit of training with the force? Judas taught me the basics of pushing and pulling before he dissapeared. " I said shrugging my shoulders.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I nodded my head. Judas had left and suddenly disappeared Along with his Son, daughter, and all of the ships that were built. I knew that a man like that wouldn't be gone for too long. Well maybe. Nodding my head again, "That's good. Show me what you can do. That way I know where to start off where Judas left off." The term basics could mean anything. Kale could be saying that he was good at moving smaller items, or even objects that were the size of a human.

Stopping myself from walking forwards, I stayed still to watch Kale preform his tasks.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Nodding my head I turned way from Darren towards a fallen tree that was a bit away from us. Judas had started me out lifting a pillar and then kept adding more and more stuff to it every time so I considered myself somewhat decent since I could lift heavier objects. Looking over to the tree I stretched one of my hands out and summoned the force. I opened my mind, body and soul to it letting it flow through my body and in return I used the gifts it granted me. At first the tree shook back and forth as I tried to pry it from the ground where it had been for who knows how many years, and then I started to turn it till it faced the way it should've before I swung my arm down making the tree embed itself into the ground. By the time I was finished my shirt was drenched in sweat and persperation leaked down my face and neck.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I watched with vigor as Kale was trying so much to lift this tree. Taking all the time he needed, I did not say a single word to him until he had finished. With his clothes already damp with sweat. His face looked like someone had splashed water at him. I nodded my head once. "Good, you were further than I had expected." Already I could see the man forming before me. "You were taught the physical aspect of the force. Using your hands to channel the energy that you had." Walking over to him without even moving my hands. My sabers had flown up to my head.

"Now use the same concentration to move an object without using your hands as a means of control." Sometimes even the best of the Jedi or Sith could get captured. and when that would happen, our hands would most likely be bound. And as such, we needed to learn the same moves, only without using our hands. "Start on something small, I would rather you throw small item after another, rather than kill yourself trying to lift a tree."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Listening to Darren I nodded my head before I quickly discarded my shirt and threw it off to the side. "It wasn't that the tree was to hard to lift it was prying it free from the ground where it's been laying for who knows how many years" I answered before I turned and looked back at the tree. But considering how I had just buried it into the ground Darren was right that it may not be the best option however the sand beneath our feet would be good as well.

Stretching my body and wiping some sweat off of my face I looked off to a bit of sand to our right and called upon the force once again. This time though it took some effort to not use my hands. Placing them inside my pockets I looked hard at the pile of sand willing it to move but at first all that happened was it shifted a bit. Putting a bit more pressure on it I pushed forward and it felt as though I was trying in vain till finally five piles of sand lifted free and transformed into balls which I summoned to me and had begin to circle my head. It wasn't as tiring as lifting the tree.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled and nodded my head as Kale realized that it was not so smart to lift a tree. His shirt was now clumped up with a mix of sand, and sweat. However, I could supply a new shirt if necessary. We were about the same size, me being only slightly taller than him. And with content I could see him power his way past the sweat rolling down his face to pick up the piles of sand. At first, they shifted. Almost as though a small quake was only occurring in that small spot. And soon, one after the next, balls of sand the size of my fist floated around him. At first slowly then speeding up as time went on. He was getting accumulated to the use of not using his hands as a form of control.

"Good." Walking towards Kale, I poked at one of the balls that was floating around him. and as easy as it was to poke it, the ball slowly fell apart. He was holding the sand, in the air, but did not reinforce it to a perfect ball. as the next one came past me, I poked at it as well. When the last one had come past me, Instead of being distinct balls or clusters of sand, it was a ring of the material around him. Mixing colors of brown, and black, even a few white. Taking one step back, "Now collect them again, into one ball."

I wanted for Kale to learn how to shape and move object with the force. then to stop it from circling around him. As much as the big moves were important. Which Judas had taught him, The fine and detailed points kept the force in balance. If you can lift a tree, then you can move individual pieces of sand into different forms.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

When Darren poked one of the balls of sand I wanted to say something, but decided not to since it was possibly a ordeal he threw in for a reason so I just continued to keep the sand particles moving though it actually took more focus to keep the grains rotating than the actually balls of sand but at least practice makes perfect. Surprisingly though I felt as though the force was nourishing my body and keeping me from tiring. After all the balls had been poked apart by Darren I noticed the ring of sand rotating around me almost as if I was a planet with its own orbit. "Into one big ball?"

Using the movement I slowly made the sand shift the direction it was spinning in and bit by bit I had large grains of sand flying above my head where they were then constantly compressed to create a big ball of sand. By the time the ring was completely gone the ball of sand was almost half my size. I looked up proud of myself seeing that I was able to do that without hands. It actually made me wonder how many people could do stuff like this. "So how am I doing? Progress wise?" I asked Darren as I looked over at him.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Watching once more as Kale began to work forming the ball after his question, which was returned with a simple nod. The formation of the ball surprised me none. Moving sand like this was easy, you just clashed them together and it worked, But what if there was a puzzle? Or constructing a lightsaber with the force? If one wrong move was made, it could destroy the sacred object of time. I moved not from my spot as Kale asked if he was doing good. However, I did not say a word. For now, I was not going to compare him to other apprentices of mine.

"You may release the sand, we move on." Turning around and walked over to the edge of the sand, Walking onto the ramp, I began to take my armor off, Only leaving a simple pair pants on. My boots were placed along with my armor, as well as my weapons. Walking back to Kale, I kept my face void of any thoughts. "You are strong in the force. However, there is always room for improvement. So instead of using normal practices of training, I am going to teach you something that I learned from one of my own kind."

Standing straight up, feet shoulder with apart, and my hands limply at my side, "Tell me Kale, Have you ever heard the form of Kata?" He may have not, but ether way, One of the many practices that the Echani had was Kata. It was used to strengthen the mind, while stretching the body to its limits, without fighting, without weapons, and most of all, with out powers.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Dropping the ball of sand to the ground I let it deform mixing back in with the rest at me and Darren's feet. No sign of what I had just done even existed anymore, which I was perfectly fine with. I had done it and knew I did so I didn't really need something to remind me of the accomplishment. While Darren took off his armor I looked out at the ocean as a wave collided with the shore knocking bits of water which were then carried by the wind to pepper my skin. The cold feeling was welcoming as well as fearful. "No I've never heard of it, but from the way you put it I have a feeling that by the end of this lesson I'm going to be extremely tired" I said with a sigh before turning to Darren and kicking my boots off into the distance where they planted themselves int he sand.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled at the comment of being tired at the end of this. "How about you shoot for sore?" I gave a remark back to him. letting alittle of myself go. Pressing my hands together, flat and with my fingers pointed to my chin, yet level with my chest, I lifted my hands up, "Follow my actions." Pulling my hands from above my head, back to my chest, I breathed in. Nice and slow. I then leveled my hands and pushed my hands out, breathing out at the same time. Repeating the process three more times, I spoke. "When you do this, do you feel in yourself, a slight calm? If so, we want that for Kata."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"I don't know which will be worse. If I'm tired i may be out of commission for awhile but if I'm sore I won't be to tired but I will be a bit slower." I said as I followed the same actions as Darren. While going through the motions I felt my muscles shifting and going through exercises that they weren't used to. It actually felt more like I was meditating than going through a elaborate excerise though. Calm touched the borders of my mind for a bit before it pierced me like a intruder yet I allowed it to enter. As calm overtook my body I breathed deeply and released it. "Yes I feel a nice calm."

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

With Kale's comment still echoing about how he would feel, I stayed silent. And soon after I asked him if he was calm, He responded that he was. and that it was "nice". I nodded my head softly and extending my right arm, open hand palm facing up, and out like I was singing in the opera, My left hand came across my body gracefully until I could feel the my upper arm stretch. Moving my entire arms in a half circle above my head, I took a mirrored position only to the left of me. "When you move slowly, and with intent, you should feel stretching in your arms."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Following the next movements the sound of popping bones and ligaments could be heard echoing from my body. It was a side effect from all the years of working in the Kessel mines and it caused me great pain but I didn't allow it to mess up my progress. "Oh yea I definitely feel it." I somewhat joked but in actuality I really did feel the stretching.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I could only shake my head as Kale's body snapped and popped when he moved. This was going to be a good day to strengthen his body. I took my right foot and moved it about a step away from me, and with the bend of my knees I could feel some slight stretching in my hams, and thighs. With my hands I did the same thing except this time, I moved at a exponentially slower pace. Letting my tendons, muscles and ligaments move out of their comfort zone so I could use them properly. "After this, you will feel muscles that you thought you never had."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Following more of the movements I listened to Darren while my body continued to exhaust itself going through the exercise as swear started to being falling down my body. "Yea you're right because I already feel it." I said as the muscles in my stomach and shoulders tensed and untensed. It was somewhat uncomfortable but I could deal with it.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

Moving slower made the body produce more energy in keeping the same position. However, it strengthened the body more greatly than any other type of movement. I nodded as he commented about already feeling it. "Good, you should" Taking both of my arms, and instead of moving both to the left or right, They moved out to stretch at their respective sides. With my hands faced up like a stop sign, It stretched my forearms, and then by pulling my arms to stay straight, yet be angled backwards from my chest. stretching my chest, and upper arms at the same time.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Every vertebrae from the bottom of my spine up To my chest I could feel popping but at the same time a nice relaxing feeling followed and soothed my body. Yet I still felt my muscles sometimes screaming at me telling me to stop while positions like this made them relax and put me at ease.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]

I smiled as I could hear more pops in his back and joints. I stopped myself and nodded at him. "You got part of it down, Now I want you to do the same motions while using telekinesis to move three balls of sand around your body." Now that he had gotten the physical part, Now is where the mind came into play. Having to concentrate on keeping his movements slow, and using the force to move the ball's would be tiring, however, it would strengthen him in ways that he would understand at a very later point and time. "Remember, slow and graceful movements."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom