Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Morning

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
[member="Taheera Sollo"]

"It is." Jaxton replied when she said it was a lonely path. His voice was something that could be best described as acceptance. "But you gotta think of who you doing for. What battles you're fighting so others don't have to." Jaxton continued, not sure if he was trying to assure the clone or himself. Probably both. His thoughts drifted to two young padawans, Kida and Ellifain. Both of them held the Force, both were young. Naive. Yet powerful, in a way the Jedi wouldn't fail to recognize. If they were in the Republic still would they be fighting by now? He sure hoped not.

"Well, don't tell anybody you saw me." Jaxton said, finding himself smile and chuckle a bit, as if he was told a bad joke. Or telling one. "Actually." Jaxton said, and began to think. "There is one thing I can think of, but it requires a great deal of discipline, and is a bit dangerous." His voice softened a bit at the last word. Honest yet hesitant at speaking.

"There is a meditation technique I learned a while back. It . . . moves you. To another place. It feels like it's the Force. The entire place is the Force. Time is different there, it's easy to lose track of how long you've been there. But it is an empty place. The only people you'll find are those who can meditate there, or react with the Force imbued in a temple on a hidden planet. If you wish to learn how to travel there I could teach you, and we could share information free of any possible interference. But if you are not careful you can get lost there. Your mind will be at work, but given enough time your body can wither away unsustainable." Jaxton said, hoping to convey the fear of the technique along with it's intrigue.

"It is not something I would ask of you to do lightly. Nor is it something I'd wish you to share with the Jedi. There are many amongst the Jedi who are honorable, but there are many still who would be tempted by such things, and use it improperly."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared. Perhaps it was more caution than fear? Probably a mixture of both. But could she deny the Chiss, no, Zeltron jedi? Here was a man she owed her life to, albeit he took a good chunk out of her in the process. But maybe things would've been different if she hadn't run into him first. Maybe she would be dead.

She couldn't get lost in the what-ifs.

The man before her was sincere about losing almost everything to infiltrate the sith - to protect the jedi. And he wasn't naive about it. He knew the risks and the costs. And now so did she.

"Show me how," she said with determination. "But I hope you do not lose faith in all jedi. And before we start can you tell me one thing?"

"What's your real name?"

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton looked at her for a moment, pondering what to do. What not to do. He had excluded his best friend Seydon from what he was doing, where he was going, and now he was telling most of those things to some random Jedi Healer. A random healer he had bested while wearing his training gear, but someone he hadn't known long still. Yet, she had shown caution. Compassion. A desire to help an injured man, not to kill a random Sith. She could have taken his saber, or hers, and activated it while he was asleep. She could have done a lot of things. And yet he could feel that all she wanted to do was help. Perhaps . . . perhaps the Jedi Order was not as lost as he had thought. So Jaxton stood up, and walked over to the healer and extended and open hand, ready to shake Taheera's if she gave it.

"My name is Jaxton Ravos. And it's a pleasure to meet you."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

It was like the handshake was a seal and confirmation of her trust of him. It would act the opposite way as well. She realized when she asked it that giving his name would be no small thing.

She didn't flinch back as he approached; she held her ground seeing him for the first time since they met as a friend.

Fingers curled against his warms digits and gave a strong shake. A soft smile spread on her lips. "Jaxton. It's nice to know I got my behind handed to me by a force master instead of a sith apprentice." She laughed before her look turned into something more serious with determination. "Let's get started."

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton laughed at the woman feeling better about her fight. He decided to neglect to mention he was wearing a weight suit that was about five hundred pounds. He also found it a bit strange that the woman decided not to mention her name after asking his. Perhaps the Jedi had better hearts than he had remembered, but they didn't have as good manners as he remembered.

"All . . . righty ms. Jedi." He spoke slowly, as he sat onto the floor of the medical bay, crossing his legs naboo indian style before closing his eyes.

"Clear your mind of your surrounding. Focus on the Force and the sound of my voice. Find yourself, not the body you walk around in but who you are. Then when you have found yourself, begin to count. Begin at one, envisioning it, feeling it's properties, and identifying it for what it is. Continue counting upwards, meditating on the numbers, seeing each of them. You will know when you are done." Jaxton said, and began the process himself. If she did properly she'd visualize seven, then find herself in another world. A place that grew differently, wild, yet empty, save for the all-encompassing Force all around them. Time would be infinite, yet somehow instantaneous. Jaxton would be there, waiting for her to arrive.

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Chestnut-brows crinkled in confusion at how he addressed her. Ms. Jedi? Really? Why....

She opened her mouth to say something but he was already 'gone.' A hand waved in front of his closed eyes just in case. Nope. He was gone.

Lower lip puffed out in a semi-pout. She copied his position and sat next to him, knee brushing against his. "Okay," she murmured to herself. "I can find myself. I can do this." Fingertips rested against her thighs.

Eyes cracked open. Still the same place. Exasperation flickered across her usually calm features. She got up and grabbed the water from earlier, drank some, and then returned to her position. It was hard for a clone to find her true self when she thought her own value was flawed and not unique.

Poor Jaxton would be waiting awhile.

Through an act that could only be credited to the force, she finally found herself shimmering into view on a jungle world. "Sorry," words were immediate. "I thought Stitches told you my name. It's Taheera Sollo." She left out the double letters. If he knew the original healer, he might start to put two and two together and why it took her so long to appear.

Jaxton Ravos

"Beyond Shadows" time was a funny thing. It might have been said that Jaxton waited for an eternity for the healer to arrive. It might have been said that he only waited a moment. It might have even been said that he didn't wait at all. He felt all of these things, all these conflicting feelings at once. When Jaxton warned Taheera of the danger of coming to this place he meant it, and [member="Taheera Sollo"] would soon understand what he was talking about.

"It's alright Taheera. And for the record, Stitches won't tell me anything except what meds I need to get. Something about 'doctor-patient confidentiality'. I wouldn't ask him either. When dealing with friends at least, I prefer to let them tell me what they want to tell me in their own time." Jaxton explained. He didn't know the name Tahira Solo, though it did sound a bit familiar. If he looked through old reports he might have found evidence that the woman served at Metalorn, but Jaxton had done everything he could to forget that battle. He wouldn't say that Metalorn was the catalyst of his leaving, but it was a catalyst, and the final straw.

"Now, as for this place." Jaxton changed the subject and motioned to the general 'around us'. "It's the Force. And for whatever reason it acts differently here. You can't push or pull or summon lightning. Just sense the Force around you. Even though our surroundings are the Force, in it's purity perhaps, the environment corresponds to a real place. That's I found this 'realm'. By finding it's real counterpart. The Force is heavy there, heavier than any place I've ever been including Ruusan and Tython, and I have observed many places of power. Some are dark side nexuses. Others are not so simple. All can be very dangerous. They are not places I would recommend you go, but if you are curious I will take you too them. I would rather you discover them with me at your side then alone in your own curiosity."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

"Right. That's when I thought you were a megalomaniac Sith Lord and the droid was your lackey and spy." A brief smile graced her lips. "And when someone takes a beating from you, does that give them automatic friend status?" An amused brow rose but her tone was light and not meant to be taken seriously.

Her features transitioned into something more serious as she felt what he described. Things were different here. The weight was there, pressing from all sides but it also tugged at her as if she were to take a step forward she would be weightless.

"Why is it so dangerous here?"

The question was a hushed whisper.

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton laughed a bit at the 'automatic friend status'. "You refused to give up in defending others despite your wounds and inexperience, and you healed a guy despite fighting him earlier. Traits I can respect." Jaxton said, before conversation turned a bit more serious.

"It's like the Force. It's life, it fuels us, fuels our emotions, compounds our actions. While anyone is vulnerable to becoming greedy or wrathful it's a little different for those of us who feel the Force. Rather than just the emotions tempting us the Force itself has powers there that can entice us tangibly with their strength. A strength that, despite the One Sith's successes, is not more powerful than the Light." That was actually Jaxton's opinion, but Taheera wouldn't hear him admit that. "This place magnifies that even more. And rather than a strength that someone can try to tap into and then learn to refine the Dark Side Nexuses here are more tangible than that. If a normal man is temped with a Blaster to turn to the Darkside a Jedi is tempted with a starship. If a Jedi is tempted with a starship in the galaxy they are temped with a star destroyer here, because of what they can and can't see, and what shortcuts are offered to them." Jaxton explained, trying to offer as much as understanding as he could from what he had observed.

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

She nodded slowly in comprehension. Wide, doe-like eyes looked around with a lens of caution. In the space between blinking and the real world, the healer saw a very clear image. She wasn't one with a talent for force visions, so it startled her enough to stagger at Jaxton's side.

"A lake," she whispered and refocused on the Zeltron.

"I see a body of water surrounded by mists. I think I'm supposed to go there. Can you show me the way?"

She frowned. What if this was a temptation? What if this was her star destroyer? A shiver went down her spine. A very small part of her that still saw Jaxton as Randial wondered if he lead her here to be destroyed.

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton shrugged a bit. He was hoping she wouldn't be curious enough to want to explore the various Force Nexuses around, but she had a vision of one of them. And one of the less dangerous ones at that. And who was Jaxton to interfere with the will of the Force.

"Yeah. Stay close." Jaxton said, and began to lead the way. Their travel would be undisturbed by others, happen in the blink of an eye, or the passing of a night. One could never be certain Beyond Shadows. When they reached the Lake of Apparitions Jaxton would stop for a moment.

"This is the place you're talking about." Jaxton said, motioning to the Lake of Apparitions, though he didn't know it by that name. "It is dense enough to walk, but the fog will play tricks with your mind. Whatever you do do not try to go into the lake. The images there may be real, they may not, but there is no way to bring them out." Jaxton said, before extending a hand.

"Whenever you're ready."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

She heard a voice. But did she only hear it in her mind? The clone stepped forward and slipped her fingers within the palm of Jaxton Ravos. She walked with him, half prepared to sink. Her lack of faith was, thankfully, not rewarded. The ground beneath her feet felt spongy but held.

"Taheera..."

Chestnut-haired head whipped around, myrtle-ellipses searching the waters.

"Jaxton, do you hear," digits tightened around his, "there." She pointed and jarred to a halt, seeing herself. Rather, an older version of herself. And she knew right away, it was her original.

Tahira Solo

I've got my ticket for the long way round
[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

"Taheera," voice was gentle for a specter as she appeared from the mist. "You may have been born from my genetics but your soul is unique." Specter's gaze drifted to the Zeltron.

"Jaxton Ravos. You have a hard path ahead but you do not need me to tell you. Be warned. A battle is coming on Prakith. Do not lose yourself in fighting the sith or the hound of the prophetess."

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"] [member="Tahira Solo"] (I'm @ing both of your troll faces)

Jaxton felt the grip at his hands before he heard the words Taheera spoke, and reinforced it with a strong grip of his own.

"I don't see any-" His voice stopped, as the mist cleared and see could Taheera in the water, and yet she was still attached by his hand. It didn't make sense, unless-

Ohhhhhhhhh, that's what she meant by "family".

His theory was confirmed by the woman's voice. "Born from genetics" she said. Perhaps that was why it took her a while to get here, took her a while to find herself. Poor woman was probably afraid of being a shell. A copy. Or perhaps even worse, a failure to live up to a 'prime'. Jaxtonn's hand would continue to hold Taheera tightly. She wouldn't fall on his watch. He wouldn't let that happen, would he? But then the woman turned to him, called him by name. Told him a battle was coming, against the sith and "The Hound of the Prophetess." Jaxton was in deep in the One Sith, but he had no idea what that meant. Nor did he really know what to say. He couldn't cower in the face of danger, only prepare for it. And hope whatever he could manage was enough. He could ask for specifics, but the future was always in motion, and Jaxton didn't want to tempt fate.

"Thank you." Jaxton said, the only words he could manage to say honestly. He couldn't promise he'd avoid it, or that he'd be ready, or that he'd triumph. He looked from the ghost to Taheera, the original as he'd known her, despite whatever came.

"We shouldn't dwell."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"] (*trolls furiously*)

"Wait!" She leaned over but the specter was already disappearing and then gone completely. Jaxton's grip kept her grounded in more ways than one. She stared into the water a while longer, whether it was for an eternity or just for a few seconds, she didn't know. The clone finally tore her gaze away and looked into Jaxton's face hesitantly as if caught in a secret.

She wondered what she would see in his eyes: disappointment, judgement, anger?

"No," she agreed quietly, "we should go. When you leave...when we part ways. Is there where you want me to look for you? In this place?"

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton, with Taheera in hand, continued walking out of the Lake of Apparitions, heading to where he came and not the Throne of Balance. Partly because he didn't want to overload what Taheera was seeing and feeling, partly because he wasn't sure how long they'd been in there, and partly because he was afraid of what he might see there.

"Not here specifically, but this . . . realm? Yes." Jaxton struggled to find words that expressed as much as he liked, but he figured Taheera understood what he meant. "This technique is lost, or perhaps undiscovered, and it can always bring you here. We can be on two different sides of the galaxy and still meditate and talk." He said as they crossed the lake and back onto dry land.

"Now, to go back to the physical galaxy you just focus on your body. Your physical existence. Picture it, picture the world around you, and then-" All of a sudden Jaxton was in the ship. He saw Taheera next to him, but she hadn't returned yet. Oddly enough he found that his hand was still holding hers. Funny, what he did there had never triggered a response here before. Letting go of her hand he thought on the specter's words. Praktih, Sith, Hound of the Prophetess. Danger always loomed on the horizon, but she had warned him about that specifically. He wondered if perhaps he should be ready to abandon the One Sith. If he was fighting them then chances of him remaining were slim. But where would he go after that? Back to the Levantines, where he could lead a trail for the Sith to follow? No, he couldn't do that to them. Not unless he made a clean escape.

"Randial, we've just gotten out of hyperspace." Jaxton heard the voice of Stitches coming around the hall. They'd been in that long? Crazy. Guess it was time for him to drop her off.

Taheera might have 'woken up' at that moment, or moments before, or even before he'd 'woken up'. All depended on how well she listened and focused he supposed, but she'd get out of there sooner or later.

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

A moment of panic as Jaxton - Left. Her. - was quickly replaced by a moment of reality as she heard Stitches' voice and settled back into her physical body on Jaxton's ship.

"You. Left. Me," she sputtered and rose to her feet, the tingle of where she held the Zeltron's hand running along her empty digits. "What if I couldn't get out?" She shot Jaxton an accusatory look. Stomach grumbled.

She huffed over to the conservator. "You hungry? Cause I'm starving."

Hunger replaced her ire.

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton shrugged. "I started thinking on how to explain to get out and thinking about the process must have been enough to get me out." A pause, as he took a moment to make sure he was looking her in the eye. "I'm sorry Taheera."

The grumble of a stomach. The sympathetic grumble of another. It seemed they were both pretty hungry. Taheera, woman with her head on the swivel, went straight for the conservator and opened it up.

"Yeah. I got nuna eggs, nerf meat, dantooine turkey, milk, water, and whatever else Stitches is trying to get me to eat to stay healthy." He said as he wandered towards the 'cooking' area. "Tell me what you like and we'll cook it up."

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

"A jedi who can travel in a realm beyond, disguise himself as a sith chiss, and who can cook. Wow. I'm surprised there isn't a Misses Ravos walking around this ship." The clone grinned and pulled out some nuna eggs and some vegetables. She joined his taller form in the cooking area and set the items down on the counter, rummaging around for a knife to start cutting the vegetables.

"How about some nuna-eggs omelettes? Should be quick enough to fix-up before we part ways. Stitches shouldn't get too jealous since we're eating something healthy."

Her smile widened.

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Taheera Sollo"]

Jaxton laughed. "It seems not all ladies enjoy being stabbed on the first date." He joked. About a second after the words left his mouth he realized that that could be taken entirely the wrong way. It would probably be difficult to notice, but Jaxton's already red complexion would turn a darker shade of red.

"I- I mean-, what I meant to say is-" He stuttered, and then just quit. "I'm going to get these eggs started." He said and slumped somewhat as he began to crack the nuna eggs and put them on the buttered frying pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom