Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Page

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
| -TYTHON- |
| ~Jedi Temple~ |
(I hope I am right, that there is a Temple on Tython)

Jasmine, a new, young Padawan, walked in the halls of the Jedi Temple on Tython. She had been a Jedi Youngling for most of her life, so she didn't even imagine a life without the Jedi Order. All of her dreams were about it, all of her thoughts were about it. But now a new story began in her life. She turned the page and continued writing a new chapter of strong Jedi Padawan life. Actually, she even kept a diary which strongly resembled her biography. and she had actually turned a new page in the diary last night. On top of the paper, she wrote a huge title: "Jasmine the Jedi Padawan"

The Jedi Code was stuck in her head and she had written it down as the first verse of the new chapter. The diary, which had light blue covers (and was actually paperback. It's unknown where she got paper), was in her bag and she was ready to write new things there. But she didn't have any other ideas. Only the Code.

She sat down on the ground and thought about things. A little blue ball was in her right hand and she sometimes released it. It bounced on the floor and Jasmine caught it.

She was ready... well, she wasn't ready, actually... to be trained.

Nala made her way to where she was to meet her new padawan, and was she ever anxious about it. This was her first padawan to take on and Nala had only just recently become an official knight of the Jedi Order. It had been odd enough for her to be trained by her own master, who was at the rank of master, but for her, a newly added knight, to take on a padawan, felt like a very large step to take for her to eventually reach the rank of Jedi Master herself. The idea of that gave her a little more comfort but that still didn't stop her from feeling that this would be one of the more harrowing parts of her training.

When she arrived in the room she was behind the young girl waiting for her. Nala was silent for a moment, seeing the blue ball nearby and the journal she was writing in. Already she liked the look of her.

"Padawan @[member="Jasmine Lancaster"]?" she asked to gain her attention.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Jasmine heard a voice from behind her. She turned towards the voice and saw a Kaminoan Jedi standing there behind her. "Yes, ma'am. It's me. If I may ask, who are you?" she asked very politely. It was one of the things she had been thought. Correct manners were something her parents had expected from her and what the Jedi Order had expected from her. She was definitely a better version of Lilith. A bit younger, a bit more Force-sensitive and really much better in her actions.

She had forgot to rise up, so she did it now. She bowed towards the Jedi. The diary and the ball were left on the floor, but she used the Force to move them into her bag.

Nala smiled at her polite mannerism, seeing that she wasn't like the more rebellious padawans she'd heard of; ironically she was dating one of those more rebellious padawans. Still she returned her bow before answering "I am Jedi Knight Nala Tu, and the Council had given me the privilege to be your new master."

@[member="Jasmine Lancaster"]

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Jasmine nodded and smiled. "I'm honoured to meet you, Master Tu!" She felt good now that she had a Master and that she will be trained. She wanted to become a Jedi Master in the future, after all. And getting a Master was one of the first things towards it. Her bag, which was now on her right side, holding onto one shoulder, was brown in colour. Jasmine's clothing was blue, like the ball and the diary, because it was her favourite colour.

Nala had to take in being called "Master Tu". It felt both empowering and yet humbling at the same time. Among some of her friends, those she'd trained with while she was still a padawan but had not become knights yet, she insisted on just being called Nala. But now, in this situation, it was clear why their needed to be a title of master given to any who you trained.

"Come." she said, indicating for Jasmine to leave the room with her. "Walk with me." As they proceeded down the hallway Nala said "I noticed your journal. And your odd ball. Where did you get it, if I may ask?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

The first expression about this Jedi Knight was, that she's cool. Or at least normal. Jasmine already liked her, but she felt like she'll become bored of her soon. It had happened with the trainers when she was just a Youngling. At first, she was extremely loyal to them, but as time moved on, she became tired and bored and... She just didn't obey their ruled anymore.

"Yes, sure," Jasmine answered to Master Tu. She started walking with her and listened to the Knight's next question. "Well, the ball is a gift from my sister. She gave it to me before I left my home many-many years ago. It's the only thing which reminds me her. But the diary is from my parents. I don't know where they got paper, actually."

Nala nodded when she answered and said "It's good to have keepsakes from home. Helps to know that you have something else to protect other than just innocent lives in the galaxy." Nala had to take a moment and realize what she said, remembering that she didn't have anything else....not anymore.

She shook her head and asked "How much training have you received as a youngling?" After Jasmine answered that she asked "And where would you say you hold more strength in skill?" After that was answered she then asked "May I see your lightsaber?" mainly wanting to examine the make and the color of it.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Jasmine nodded as Master Tu talked about keepsakes. She really agreed with her views. Other peoples' lives weren't even half as important as her own family's. And she really missed her parents. Lilith... not that much.

"Well, I believe I got a pretty normal Youngling training. I was taught to use lightsabers and basic Control abilities. Not much else. Besides knowledge about the Force, of course." Then the woman asked another question. "I think I am the best in lightsaber-fighting. But I'd like to learn about the Force, too," she simply answered.

Fortunately, Jasmine had made a lightsaber before she became a Padawan, so she took her lightsaber from her belt and showed it to Nala. It was a pretty typical lightsaber with blue blade. (the link is in my signature)

Examining the make and then igniting the saber to see the blue blade Nala nodded and said "Very well made." She then glanced at Jasmine, noting her blue robes and all, before smiling more. "I see blue has become something of your defining color." Looking back at the saber she said "I used to have one like this. When I was still a padawan." Before explaining any further she said "Do you know how, in many cases, they say the color of a lightsaber defines the skills of the Jedi who wields it? Blue and green are the more common ones. Blue often means you are more skilled a warrior with a saber than anything else. Green, you're more in-tune with the force." As she spoke she pulled her own saber fro her belt "But sometimes there are cases where we find those with skills..." Nala ignited her blade, revealing her purple saber light. "...that are not so common."

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

"I have never heard that, actually. I guess the blue saber might be my thing, then. Because, well, I love blue colour," Jasmine said. But then she stopped and looked at Master Tu's lightsaber. It was beautiful. She had never seen a purple one. She knew red and green and blue ones exist, but purple was something completely new to her.

"Wow... This is a really beautiful lightsaber." She would've done everything to get a special-coloured lightsaber. It seemed like she had just decided one of the first things she'll do once she is a Knight. Padawans didn't have time and skills to go looking for a crystal to create a cool, unique lightsaber.

"A weapon like this is more than just about looking good." she said before turning both off and handing Jasmine's back to her. "This weapon is your life. It defines you as a Jedi. Remember that, my padawan. And never lose it." They continued walking, now reaching outside the temple, before Nala asked "So where do you find difficulty with using the force? What's the largest object you can move without any strain on yourself?"

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

"Well, I have not tried to find out how strong I am with the Force, but I think I could move objects about the size of a table or a chair or something similar. I have not tested my skills, like I said, but I have moved these things sometimes," Jasmine said. She was a bit confused after the lightsaber conversation, but the Jedi Knight just had to be wiser, so she decided to start understanding her.

"Very good." Nala nodded as they walked onward. "But these are only the tip in how far you can expand your grip on the force. There have been masters would could almost move an entire ship to their whim. This is the kind of power you are able to wielded. But everything that is big..." She stopped and stood in front of Jasmine, letting her look to see they'd arrived in a training area outside the temple. "....has to start small." she finished. Looking around Nala found a few boulders, all different sizes, nearby. She walked behind her padawan and said "Now I want you to try and lift the largest boulder, over there." she said, pointing at it. "Don't try to focus too much. Just feel it. Feel you can move it." She stood aside and let her padawan give a try.

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

As the two Jedi reached the gardens outside the Temple, Jasmine felt like she had been freed from the boring indoors life. She felt the fresh air, she breathed it in like she never had breathed it before. She had, but it was so refreshing... to be outdoors again, doing Jedi stuff.

"Yes, Master!" Jasmine said after she got the task to move the biggest boulder there was near them. She knew she can't do it, but she tried to clear her mind and start doing it. It was hard. At first, she was really unsuccessful. She didn't even move it a centimetre, not even talking about lifting it up.

But then she breathed in again and felt the Force moving the rock. And this time, she managed to lift it into the air. Even though it was only about five centimetres high from the ground and stayed there for two seconds, she didn't fail this time. And she felt great because of that.

"Very good, Jasmine. Very good." Nala said, seeing her padawan lift the rock. "Now for something a little tricky. I want to you try and lift the other two ricks nearby....without dropping this one. Use the same focus you're using now. Just feel the force extend from the rock you have to the rocks nearby. There is no limit to how many hands you have when using the force."

@Jasmine Lancaster

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

The next task was a bit difficult, but Jasmine still tried to do it. She imagined the Force "bubble" that held the rock in the air becoming wider and larger until it reached other rocks. It was a tough and slow process, so Jasmine was already tired after several seconds. And she failed to get the "bubble" to levitate other two rocks. When it already "touched" the rocks, she lost the grasp over the first one, so basically the "bubble" was destroyed.

But Jasmine didn't start crying like her older sister would. She just said: "Maybe I am imagining it wrongly?"

"Perhaps." Nala said. "But then there is usually differences in how each Jedi controls the force." She walked behind @[member="Jasmine Lancaster"] and held her hands on her shoulder. "Now then, Jasmine, I want you to try again. Only this time I want you to feel while trying to think of something calming. Something you often feel gives you peace when you think of it. Focus on it as you let the fore run through you. One of keys to controlling the force involves peace, inner peace of your mind. Now try again. Let's see how you do."

Asbjorn Olafsson

A
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Jasmine breathed in and lifted the first boulder up. She closed her eyes and felt the Force around her. It was basically everywhere. She saw everything around her. The rock raised higher and higher, but others didn't follow yet. Jasmine wasn't able to find a thing which would calm her down... She knew people sometimes used memories to do Force-stuff, but... she didn't have good memories. Everything reminded her the tragedy.

The rock fell down as Jasmine opened her eyes. "Master, may I ask: what do you think when you try to do something difficult with the Force?"

Hearing her question Nala sighed a little. "That is part of my....dark side techniques." She turned Jasmine around to see her as she explained "You see, when I was a padawan, I could never fully handle the force. I always messed up in someway or another. But then....after a great tragedy, my focus became seeing the one who caused it brought to justice. Not just him, but all the Sith in the galaxy. My "inner peace" is more a foundation of contempt. But this does not stop me from using the force for good." She looked @[member="Jasmine Lancaster"] in the eyes and said "I am not suggesting that you should find a similar focus, only that you find what you need to make it easier for you to let the force flow through you. Currently your use of the force is like a river with a dam in the middle. What you must do is remove that dam."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom