Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Girl (open, but don't be a jerk)

The Eternal Queen
Being a Queen had it's perks.
...That was a lie. No it didn't. The hours were long, the work was exhausting, and nobody really thanked you for it. Here she was, looking older and more worn down by the day. And what did she hear? Complaints about policy, complaints about taxes, complaints about how construction was going. Honestly, and this wasn't even what she was hearing from the people. This was all from the Princes and Princesses of Naboo. So they didn't like her taxing the rich? Boo hoo. She wasn't about to tax the poor more if they couldn't afford it! They paid their fair share of taxes as it was! Why shouldn't the wealthy pay taxes?

She'd just dismissed one of the Princes of Naboo from her office, saying essentially; You don't make the laws. We vote, and this is what the people voted for. Too bad. Go cry about it.
He did not take it well. Too bad for him. She had a million other things to worry about.

Like the war with the Republic and Empire her son was oh so sweet to threaten her with. Why did he think that was her concern again? Oh yes. Because he'd wanted her to grab a lightsaber and fight a war she didn't believe in with her arthritic hands. Yeah. That would go real well. She'd just take a week off of being Queen. She was sure the people would love her dragging the planet into a religious war.

The Queen shook her wrist, taking the pen up with her left hand instead. She'd learned to write with both hands now and you could hardly see the difference. Part of the job. She was always writing, always signing things.

"Your Majesty-"

"Yes, yes," she snapped, looking up from her work, "What is it, Percy? I've got hours of work ahead of me."

"It's your new handmaiden-"

"She's here? Send her in." The young body guard opened his mouth and shut it again. He knew better than to argue. He bowed and disappeared to fetch her. He'd have tea sent up too. He knew exactly what else she wanted before she even wanted it.

Black hated Naboo, he hated it. He didn't want to be there, okay, scrap that. He wouldn't of been there at all if he could help it. He needed to establish some sort of spy network though. When he rose, with his newly rebuilt Bounty League, he wanted Naboo to himself. Thus, he was here scoping the place, trying to find the easiest way to the Queen.

Dressing as a handmaiden wasn't his idea. He owed the idea to a bounty hunter who'd long since left Naboo. He watched the handmaiden's for a long time, finally realizing that it was time to strike. Thus, only days earlier had he attacked a handmaiden, shot her in the head and stole her gear.

He was dressed in his handmaiden gear, awaiting the Queen's secretary to call him in. It was some clever designing, this gear. Made for easy ways to hide a voice changer so he sounded like a woman. He slowly walked into the throne room, eyes scanning the room like mad. He needed to try and find an easy way in here.

The queen herself was an alright woman, though Xander hadn't really heard much about her. He bowed lightly, a sign of respect. "Me Lady" he spoke to the queen. He wanted to try and fit in, then... and only then.

Could he strike.

[member="Feena Mason"]

Valya had been living in the palace for only a short time so far, and most of her time had been spent training with the other handmaidens. Though she felt like she was starting to fit in with the others, she couldn’t shake the feeling of being the ‘outsider’. It was only that morning Valya had been informed that she finally ready to commence with assuming regular duties. This would also mark her first meeting with Queen Mason.

She had dressed that morning with purpose, settling her robes about her in a most precise manner. The handmaiden’s long dark hair was pulled back into a bun. Valya had only just stepped out of her room when she saw a young man approaching her. He introduced himself as Percy, a body guard to the Queen. He quickly swept Valya along, ushering her at a brisk pace towards the throne room.

Once they had neared the throne room, Percy asked her to wait at the end of the hall for a moment and Valya nodded in response. She was to await the tea service and serve the Queen. A few moments later a tray a tea was left in Valya's charge and she took careful steps towards the throne room. Something wasn't quite right, Percy had already gone. She had expected that he would provide her with a proper introduction. Steeling her nerves she entered the throne room, the tea tray balanced steadily in her hands.

“My name is Valya Croice, Your Majesty.” She said as she rose to her normal, almost ridged posture. “I am here to serve, you need only tell me how...” Valya she spoke calmly.

Her dark eyes shifted to the side, Valya was taken aback, as she saw that there was already another 'handmaiden' standing there before the Queen. Valya worked with the other handmaidens in the service of the Queen and there was something very off about this one. Moving swiftly she stepped in front of the impostor handmaiden.

"Who are you?" She asked sternly.

[member="Xander Black"] [member="Feena Mason"]

Being a Naboo native, Josh DragonsFlame was on the planet pretty often. He had a home here now. Though he generally operated by himself, with loose ties to the Silver Jedi since leaving the Republic's Jedi Order, Josh had a host of friends in high places. One of them, though, had the interests of Naboo in mind, and seemed to have obtained knowledge of plans to assassinate Queen Feena Mason. It wasn't clear how in the world they had managed to obtain the knowledge, but it was there, though kept only between them and their special company. Knowing they couldn't handle this themselves, and the Jedi Order nor Silvers couldn't be trusted due to the possibility of bias, a young Jedi Master's name had been picked out, knowing he was from Naboo and would have interest in this mission.

Josh was no mercenary. Just a peacekeeper. But learning about the possibility of an assassination on Feena Mason took his interest. It wasn't even that she was Naboo's ruler. She was a friend of a friend, of sorts. Josh had gotten along quite well with Graxin Rade, a relative of Miss Mason, and while Graxin had disappeared to... Who knows where after the dissolving of the Ession Reformation, Josh owed it to his friend to help out and keep the peace. If she were assassinated... Naboo would dissolve into chaos until a new ruler was decided on.

This contact had found a body of a handmaiden, with her uniform gone. It was suggested to Master DragonsFlame that there was a chance the strike would come by someone dressed as a handmaiden, during one of the appointments for new ones, or something like that. He wasn't too keen on the details, but he did time his arrival for the next appointment of that time. He'd happened to schedule one with the Queen himself, for around the time of the first handmaiden appointment. Either he could get there first and warn her... Or be there around the same time and stop it from happening. So there he was, in the waiting room. Black robes outfitted the man in order to hide himself, as well as the hood covering most of his head and face. His force presence was hidden, all he could do in order to make sure nobody could see he was here and throw off the mission. When a peculiar looking handmaiden went in for their appointment, Josh waited until they went in before sneaking off, finding the door. He would wait, allowing himself to try and sense the emotions, the sounds, within... There were two people inside along with Mason. And one was asking who the other was.

It sounded like there was a chance he was just in time. He waited... No mistakes. He couldn't allow himself to make a single mistake.

[member="Valya Croice"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The Queen was growing short of patience. Always, day by day, her ability to calmly deal with bantha poodoo was dying. She took a deep breath as both women bowed before her. Lost her ability to hide her irritation.

"I asked for one handmaiden," she snapped, "not two."

She already had a pretty good idea on who did not belong. She set her pen down, shuffled her papers and folded her hands neatly in her lap, hitting the panic button under her desk at the same time. She gazed at one handmaiden, then the other.

"Sweet heart, it's 'Your Majesty', thank you very much. Everyone knows that. Don't you 'Mi lady' me."

[member="Xander Black"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Valya Croice"]

To be fair, none of you really have a way of knowing that it's a bloke under the handmaiden costume, just putting that out there, plus Feena, you don't really have a way of knowing my plans. Just figured id' mention this before posing again.

[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
[member="Valya Croice"]

(DF has no clue its a bloke. Just that someone's killed a handmaiden and the Queen's likely next from someone in a costume. The rest on his end was pure luck [member="Xander Black"]. If there are edits that you feel need to be made, do let me know)

The Eternal Queen
Xander Black said:
To be fair, none of you really have a way of knowing that it's a bloke under the handmaiden costume, just putting that out there, plus Feena, you don't really have a way of knowing my plans. Just figured id' mention this before posing again.

[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Valya Croice"]
K. There you go. Edited. Not going to argue.
[member="Xander Black"]

Xander Black said:

[member="Feena Mason"]
[member="Valya Croice"]
Edited mine as well.

Thanks guys, well, now we are on the same foot :D

And [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] you are fine.

"Sorry, your majesty" Xander bowed. He should of thought this one through. He could beat himself about now. Actually, scrap that, he was mentally beating himself. "I was sent on orders of your royal guard. They sent me to replace your dead handmaiden your majesty. Just give me some time to prove myself, please?"

Part of him hoped that won the Queen over. He didn't really want to have to pose as a security guard now. All he needed was access to the private rooms of the palace. He needed to splice the computers and download the data, then he could be out of here. All of this over his already defunct army. Man, if this didn't help his defunct Bounty League, Sempra better love him for it.

Then it hit him, like seriously hit him. He hadn't hid the body of the dead handmaiden. He mentally kicked himself, hoping that the guard hadn't called any of the special squad in. This was going to be a long day if he had. He really hated this place.

[member="Valya Croice"]
[member="Feena Mason"]

No he had not. An oversight on his part, obviously. The Jedi Master listened to this conversation carefully from outside. Something was obviously... Off, about this apparent handmaiden. "She" didn't even have an appointment. The appointment was for [member="Valya Croice"]. This one had claimed they were sent on orders of the royal guard to replace the dead handmaiden. Why would they tell them in particular that the handmaiden they were replacing was dead? This just seemed wrong, suspicious...

He listened as "she" continued to pander to the Queen despite it looking bad. He was tempted to go in right now and interrogate this supposed handmaiden, but he needed to be sure... He would wait just a little longer.

Fletcher was a native of Naboo and had always known the monarchy well, though not personally of course. It wasn't often he came to his home planet since the events that had occurred there with his family so long ago, but he had tried to come back more regularly, despite the objections of the Jedi.

He had come with his master, though discreetly, since it was rare for Padawans to travel alone if at all. He had told his master where he was going, or at least gave her a brief understatement, if she would follow him was another matter. He couldn't allow himself to be known as a Jedi on a planet so widely controlled by the Sith. The only thing that would give him away would be his naiveness and force presence.

[member="Sophia Walsh"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Valya Croice"]

Valya stepped to the side as the other handmaiden made her case to the Queen. It was quite strange… the handmaidens were a tight-knit group, even though she was very new, she thought that they might have mentioned a second new arrival. Valya knew that one of the handmaidens had recently been found deceased, but as there were still questions regarding exact cause, she didn’t think this fact was widely known.

Her dark eyes shifted to the side, keeping the other handmaiden in clear view. It was not her place to make any judgements, so she would remain silent on the matter. Though, she would not turn her back to this unknown handmaiden, this was someone to keep her eyes on. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she continued to stand quietly; there were so many things that didn’t add up. Valya had been training with the other handmaidens for weeks now, yet this was the first time she’d been allowed to face the Queen.

How was this new woman exempt from the process? For a moment her gaze shifted back towards the Queen, eager to see how she would respond and what was next to come.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

A few days, A package was delivered to the queen, and was left in the throne room,in the corner of the room. This package still sitting in the corner,as the sound of a droid would be clear from the large, metal box, a hole in the box so then the Droid inside could talk.

"Exclamation:Hello, I need assistance! I can't get out of the box! I am HK 42, and if there's any Meatbags out there, then let me out!"

[member="Feena Mason"][member="Valya Croice"][member="Fletcher Lorcan"][member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom