Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The New Cycle

Ziare Dyarron | Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Freedom | Anonymous
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent | Nite agent | Marauder and Agent of the Maw, Mongrel's advisor and shadow
jKXEHue.png
Objective: Recover and Survive
Location: Infirmary, Mongrel's former flagship, en route home.
Equipment: N/A || OPBC-01m
Tags: Thomas Barran Thomas Barran
GM1OQzU.png
[ Out of Control… ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

"Luckily, I don't even believe for a moment that you would be a deity." I said angrily, snarling.

As our gaze met, she could see immeasurable pain, anger, and hatred in my eyes. Pain that was so severe that even the harshest torture seemed like just a weak headache in addition to it. I wanted to scream at the pain caused by the fact that he was dead; what caused me not to feel him in my mind anymore, I couldn't be with him anymore in this life. After we became one in every sense of the word when our minds merged...

… after this…

… I couldn’t stand the pain caused by Asher’s absence. Anger and hatred towards each and everyone because it was their fault that he died. I hated myself for not being able to save him, that I was weak and slow. The flames of guilt digested and burned me from within for I survived while he didn’t.

"Even that would be little evidence, if you bring it back, because strong Force users who are proficient in necromancy, or have just as much power as Omni, are able to bring back the dead." I still snarled.

Sometimes I had the advantage of coming from a Force user family, even if I wasn’t one of them. Ziare watched them and she gained "some" knowledge too. Last but not least, there was Freedom; well her knowledge she received from Omni was especially helpful even for me.

I didn’t want to tell the “woman” that I ripped Asher out of the cycle, because he turned away from the Maw, from them, from the Avatars. He had been moving away for years. And I broke the ritual, the runes, so he couldn't be theirs. Not sure he's dead? I knew very much, I really felt it, I saw and felt him disappear, the rest of his mind disappeared from my mind and I was left alone. Emptiness and pain remained only…

A false dream, a vain hope, what she said. As the blood tears flowed down on my face, I snarled again…

"I don’t believe in the false hope you want to give! And I guessed you’re just going to say an evasive, mysterious and blurry answer, nothing tangible, no evidence. You're horrible even to be a Sith…" I continued to snarl.

DHGyR0O.png

PjStDZ6.png

10TH POST
THE NEW CYCLE
MlOeCPs.png

THE AFTERMATH OF TYTHON

Thomas Barran
"The Bloodhound"

RHSu9g7.png

TRIBAL-WARLORD OF THE SCAR HOUNDS
WARDEN OF RHIGAR & MAR'ZAMBUL

ex54fzP.png

Tags: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr

kXmxRsp.png

kXmxRsp.png

SHRIVEN NO MORE: THE PAINS OF REVELATION - PART 10
JxXR7i4.png
INFIRMARY, THE MONGREL'S FLASGSHIP,
EN ROUTE TO MAR'ZAMBUL (EARLY-WINTER OF 876 ABY)

'Luckily, I don't even believe for a moment that you would be a deity.'

Oh, Thomas.... This one looks very much like a lost cause at the moment.

I hope you're right about her, truly. You're in deep trouble either way.

Using simple telekinesis as Mercy continued,'Even that would be little evidence, if you bring it back, because strong Force users who are proficient in necromancy, or have just as much power as Omni, are able to bring back the dead.', Rebirth lifted a chair from beside the door-console and placed it next to the grieving widow's bed with a politely-quiet effort, and without even dropping her gaze from that of the unbeliever. Sitting down as the scowling snarl returned more viciously than before, it was all the Avatar could do to keep from scoffing with disdain as Kala'myr concluded,'I don't believe in the false hope you want to give! And I guessed you're just going to say an evasive, mysterious and blurry answer, nothing tangible, no evidence. You're horrible even to be a Sith…', sneering with an air of defiance that Rebirth often admired in some of the beings she had been observing since Csilla's destruction.

'Hm, charming.... "Even to be a Sith", not even remotely close to the mark.'

Almost too disgusted to look into those eyes any more, the Avatar rolled Barran's eye disdainfully as she turned away, electing to look at the passing stars instead as she admitted,'I know am supposed to see something in all of you, something that can rise to the top of the pile - but faith it seems must be found in you as much as it must be in my divinity.... Oh, how I hate ironies like these.', turning back with a wild snarl of her own. However, it appeared as though a slew of vitriolic responses were being held back in the growled sneering, taking much and more of Rebirth's patience to hold back, but then something happened, something the Avatar had no chance of resisting. A puzzle-piece landed exactly where it should have, a reaffirmation of what the deity believed from the offset, a reminder of what Rebirth had forgotten in the dismay of doubt and frustration - a kick to the gut in particular that seemed to hurt more than expected.

'Death follows war, of course, but somehow, in the heartbeats of your unborn children, I can see that life always follows the uncertainty of death. A new, smaller cycle - reborn within the greater.... I may not yet believe in you, but I am beginning to understand a belief of sorts is being rekindled apart from you.'

Denial often had a way with the sister with the loftiest of claims, grandest, most-hopeful of ideas. For what chance did the quiet creative-archetype have against such destructive, theatrical siblings in matters of breaking to rebuild?

In the eyes, and the powerfully-ambitious mind of Rebirth, one who knew War and Death better than all the celestials in the Galaxy, chance was beginning to feel like the safest bet of all. A self-belief that moved mountains, a self-belief that brought all the loftiness into the beating heart of comprehension, bringing Ethos into the fold of the Logos in perfect harmony.

'Faith in my role apart from the morbid others, as strange as it may sound to your ears, has somehow found a new lease of life - in this very room of all places.... Strange you creatures are to invest me so! To this I'm tethered beyond hope now, little witch!'

Folding her arms with neck-winding, though jesting suspicion, a small sliver of genuine curiosity began to slip through the veil of feigned distrust, such that drew Rebirth's interest in ways she had never known before, slowly beginning to see for herself that these were more than just mere ants in death-spirals. More than just the clueless, hopeless drones who fought and died at her behest, more than just conduits of life-force her ilk could take at any time, more than the rabble Rebirth would ignore in the near-enthralled renewal of her observational curiosity. If the deity's favour was to err towards the Scar Hounds in time, it would only be a matter of time before Rebirth saw the hordes of Mar'Zambul as executors of her will in the living realms, and from there, anything was possible for the tribe at large.

This the Avatar knew on a deeper level, but she had to know for sure, and had to watch more closely than ever before. To keep Rebirth from driving herself insane, or to keep the cycle from losing it's meaning along the way, it mattered little to the soul possessing Barran's body, all she knew was that she needed to keep watching. Rebirth's real work had only just begun, and after years of wandering aimlessly in dejected loathing and irritation, a furious, burning effervescent light had finally ignited within the dark pit of the Woad's empty eye-socket. A piercing, red-hue with a blinding-white core in the flash, turning dark almost an instant after it appeared, like the singular flash of a camera-light, but brighter to an incalculable extreme.

Ziare Dyarron | Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Freedom | Anonymous
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent | Nite agent | Marauder and Agent of the Maw, Mongrel's advisor and shadow
jKXEHue.png
Objective: Recover and Survive
Location: Infirmary, Mongrel's former flagship, en route home.
Equipment: N/A || OPBC-01m
Tags: Thomas Barran Thomas Barran
GM1OQzU.png
[ Out of Control… ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

I continued to snarl and watch how the other consciousness in Barran's mind reacted, what she did. As far as I could see, she still wasn't impressed that I didn't think of her as a deity, or Rebirth for that matter. Why should I believe it? How could she say that she wasn't even sure he was dead?! I wanted her to go to hell. No, not Asher, but Barran. I should have killed him while I had the chance. I didn't care if she didn't find me charming.

I didn't want to please her; I wanted to be charming for only one person, but he was no longer alive. It didn't matter what other people thought of me. It didn't matter at all. But I was still unable to laugh at her words; but I would have so gladly done it, in a sarcastic tone. So I just continued to snarl as she sat down on the chair next to my bed. On top of which I was still leaning against the wall, closely.

"Oh, of course! How could I forget, you are Rebirth!" my voice was full of scorn and contempt, but the pain was perfectly audible as well.

Her snarl didn't interest me; I responded with a similar snarl. If she tries to threaten to kill me or with something like that, I don't care at all! In fact! I will welcome her and ask her to do so. I just snorted at the irony and continued to snarl.

"You will never find faith in me. I have never believed in any deity, and I do not believe in their divinity!" I was still snarling.

Freedom was the only "religious", the one who believed in anyone, and she imagined and considered Omni as the Droid-god. I continued to snarl at her words, more blood tears streaming down my face from my eyes. My voice was hoarse and bitter due to the pain.

"It's not right that he can't see his children born and grow up… the ones he wanted so much." I said crying. "Belief? If you think you want to use his children in some way. No, never! They will not belong to the Maw, never!"

Neither did the Avatars, but Barran's personality had very little say in this, as she was nothing more than a personality in Thomas Barran's head. I continued to snarl, especially at her words, I was not chained to anyone or anything. Unless one counts this cursed life, the life that separates me from Asher. And after that there was silence, which was partly good because I didn't have to talk to this someone, but I knew it was just the calm before the storm.

At some point, she will continue what she started anyway. And I wanted to overtake her and I wanted her to leave me alone. But I knew she wouldn't. So I hoped to shorten the conversation with this personality with a single question.

"I would appreciate it if you would end this poetic formulation and speak in "rhymes". And you could tell me, straight and clear, what you want from me!" I was still snarling like a trapped, wounded beast.

Maybe I really was…

DHGyR0O.png

PjStDZ6.png

11TH POST
THE NEW CYCLE
MlOeCPs.png

THE AFTERMATH OF TYTHON

Thomas Barran
"The Bloodhound"

RHSu9g7.png

TRIBAL-WARLORD OF THE SCAR HOUNDS
WARDEN OF RHIGAR & MAR'ZAMBUL

ex54fzP.png

Tags: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr

kXmxRsp.png

kXmxRsp.png

SHRIVEN NO MORE: THE PAINS OF REVELATION - PART 11
JxXR7i4.png
INFIRMARY, THE MONGREL'S FLASGSHIP,
EN ROUTE TO MAR'ZAMBUL (EARLY-WINTER OF 876 ABY)

'Luckily, I don't even believe for a moment that you would be a deity.'
Still somewhat blind to her own good turn in fortune, it was easy to see why there would be no belief or willing perception of deities and the like, and even easier for the Avatar of Rebirth to see for herself in turn, growing ever confident in the belief that struggling harder against it would only make the eventual moment of revelation all the more profound as a result. Whilst there were healthier doubts that inwardly admitted Mercy would never believe in the power (or even the existence) of the other Avatars, Rebirth was all the more sure of herself that the human would one day believe in her power and presence instead, almost as if it were a grand victory in the making, though no doubt the sort that required patience and a strong belief in Kala'myr in turn.

'You will never find faith in me. I have never believed in any deity, and I do not believe in their divinity!'

The further resistance was doing little and less to dissuade Rebirth, and to the extent that not the even the snarls of Mercy would help to keep the grin from reaching the lips of one the Avatar possessed, but when the human continued,'It's not right that he can't see his children born and grow up… the ones he wanted so much.', the grin warmed from greedy to something the Avatar was sure she had never expressed in the open before. Though it was only passing, and indirect to an extreme, the fact she knew enough of the human's story that such sympathies had become comparable to those Rebirth had felt in the process of observing the Woad's resurrection, and every part as indirectly as she was in her interaction with the Serennoan, though the fact Rebirth was observing from a different perspective was proving to be far more effective than it ever was in seeing the manic beginnings of Barran's second life through the Bloodhound's eyes.

'Belief? If you think you want to use his children in some way. No, never! They will not belong to the Maw, never!'

The human's eyes began to run with tears again, grief written all over her wrathful anguish, and in seeing the extent of the heavy weight it encumbered Mercy with, the Avatar's fearsome shell of weaponised dread began to crack a little. From passing, indirect sympathies, only to fall into behaviours she had never expressed sincerely before, Rebirth would find herself all the more invested in the Matriarch's future, wishing for the Scar Hounds to rise higher than all the other tribes in the Brotherhood. High enough to transcend all threats of kidnap and sacrifice with such threats of their own, and high enough that the very mention of such from Mar'Zambul incited fear all across the Unknown Regions - this was the newfound desire of the celestial.

Rebirth had picked her favoured tribe, and as a result, no longer was it just Thomas who would reap the rewards. It was time for her little ants to rise, for not only were they readier than they ever had been before, (and ever would be after that) but the time to begin their ascent was surely upon them. So much in the way of prophecy, fate and free-will could be interpreted in Mercy's plight, and so much more yet that the Avatar was yet to learn still, and despite it all serving as plenty warning in the process, Rebirth was still in no way close to being dissuaded from the potential folly of her decisions.

'I would appreciate it if you would end this poetic formulation and speak in "rhymes". And you could tell me, straight and clear, what you want from me!'

The left eye of the Bloodhound turned jet black in the Avatar's silence, finally letting show what she flaunted on Durace, weighing her options on how best to respond whilst letting her true form show face, letting the tearful, snarling human take it all in. The red flash of divinity from the right eye-socket would have been enough for many to kneel in reverence at the mere sight of it, but Rebirth was glad the challenge would be much greater with the tribe's Matriarch, even more so in seeing that Kala'myr's reaction to the black eye was still the same resolute stare that had remained every part as venomous as it was before. The horror was there to see, but fear was not the reaction that met the dark abyss between Barran's left eyelids, and the horror wasn't in the sight itself, but likely in the confirmation of her otherworldly exploits on Durace.

That which aided the escape of every Mawsworn presence who was there to bear witness, of all who dreamt the same prophetic omens of the Bloodhound's resurrection, his purpose, and his untapped power on the same night - all who doubted until they heard his voice.

'Quite simple, human. I want the Scar Hounds to reign supreme - and I want you to win so your children can survive.... Just remember, there is no cycle without a future completing it.'

All who doubted until they heard her voice.

'We will meet again, Mercy.... I seem to be wearing Barran's mind down a little, and we need this madman sadl-'

Then all of a sudden, the red light left the right eye socket whilst the left eyelids closed the world around them, with Barran's body slumping in the visitor's chair just a moment later, completely unconscious and devoid of the presence who was speaking just seconds before. The Bloodhound was fast asleep, and would be none the wiser to the fact his darling Rebirth had been speaking with the other voice in his head, both beloved and disliked alike seemingly conspiring whilst the former trapped the Woad in the depths of his own nightmares. The many juxtapositions alone would be enough to keep Thomas from believing such happenings had occurred between Rebirth and Mercy without him knowing, though a small revelation of the Avatar's real thoughts on the Bloodhound was there for the Serennoan to see as well, showing the true extent of Barran's solitary existence in the way he was discarded by the Avatar he adored so much.

And even with the Mongrel and the formation of the Tri-Lunar Clique on Rhigar considered, the Galaxy was always fated to be a dark and hostile place for the rest of the Bloodhound's second life, and every part as lonely a place for the Netherworld escapee as it had been since the day of his resurrection. However, even with all that considered, along with the missing eye, the walls covered in Barran's convulsive blood-spatter and the comatose stupor on the visitor's chair, the fact he was still breathing and ready to fight again would also serve as testament to endurance.

The sort that would make a formidable protector eventually.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom