Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The New Cov Tour

GADividerPurple.png

With war picking up against the Sith, it only made sense that Aris help out where he could, however he could, with his fellow Jedi. There wasn't that much he could do though. As a Padawan, he could at least help people with minor issues, but he was still young. There was a lot of figuring out where exactly he did belong in all this. Maybe he should do more patrols through the cities here on New Cov? After that other attack he might be able to help stop another breach of the massive domes.

Or at least report it ahead of time to the authorities. .. No, he wasn't able to sense danger ahead of time, so he'd likely be reacting when the the actual authorities did, just faster.

He let out a sigh as he leaned back on the railing there in the hanger. The New Cov Temple had been his home away from home throughout his time as a youngling. Tied so close to Valery Noble Valery Noble 's past it just made sense. Especially with Master Kahlil having rebuilt it. He knew this temple like the back of his hand. At least that meant he could help show people around. Which was why he was here in the hanger. Valery had gotten a new Padawan.

Anneliese. The warm one. He remembered her of course. Despite his warnings she'd touched him. At least she didn't get burned while he was trying to work on his ability to heat up his body to stay warm in the cold air. She was very brave in that regard. Maybe a little foolhardy. Or just sure of herself? He wasn't sure what to make of it, but she was now learning from Valery. Maybe they were alike in that. Ah. Aris chuckled a little.

That would explain it.

He looked back towards the entrance to the hanger for the shuttle, and didn't see it incoming. So he took out his notebook to go over his studies again. It was important to keep his mind at least active on something while he was waiting.

Anneliese Anneliese

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Anneliese sat with her legs together and her hands neatly folded ontop of them. Sporting her usual casual attire, she bit her lip, a large group of butterflies forming in the pit of her stomach. Aris invited her to tour a temple, and from her understanding of the matter… it was a bit more of an honor to come here. Now, Aris it turns out was Valerys son… but this wasn’t what made her nervous. There was just something from the first time she met Aris that she liked — and that’s what made her nervous. Maybe it was his candor — I mean, after all who doesn’t love a man that’s one hundred percent honest. Maybe it was how thoughtful he was, and how every answer he gave was well articulated and genuine … heck, it was even the level of attention he gave when speaking to her. Honestly she grinned mischievously to herself, it was provably more to do with those two green eyes that mirrored her own and the way his hair fell when he stood at attention lost in his own thoughts — she blushed and giggled out loud in her seat as she shook her head and huffed out loud. “Stop. Just — stop. Settle it down.”

The ship would land and as she was led out and down the ramp, in the distance she saw him, head down and nose in his studies, a soft smile forming as she quickly made her way across the landing pad and to Aris. Brushing her unruly curls back and tucking several behind her ears. The smile which she had, was one that made her cheeks hurt, her grin ranging from ear to ear as she spoke in a warm yet extremely excited tone. “Hey Aris — uh, it’s really nice to see you again. I really appreciate you inviting me here… I was surprised actually. Oh!…. —“ She dug in her satchel she had slung across her shoulder as she pulled out a neatly wrapped clear bag of assorted dried meats. “I uh, I made these for you — I cure and dry a lot of meats for my… special diet and I thought maybe when your own on assignment they could be of practical… I, uhmm — I hope you like them.”

GADividerPurple.png

Aris closed his notepad as he glanced up, gave a calm smile. He might've gotten a little distracted with his studies, but now that she'd arrived there was no reason for him to stay nose deep in his book. "Hello, Anneliese." She seemed really excited. New Cov was sort of a secret Jedi Temple, really only known by those within the order and kept that way for the safety of the Jedi brought here. There was nothing more thrilling than a secret, right? His smile widened slightly. He understood that pretty well.

Though curiosity filled his gaze as she offered the pouch of meats. They'd certainly be good protein. He hummed, clearly thinking about something. He'd eaten already, but he hadn't had a snack yet, right? Part of his training was a very in depth diet after all, but he figured there was some room for a bite or two. Especially for something that was clearly all protein.

He opened the bag, taking a piece out before taking a bite. A couple chews, a swallow, and a smile again. "These are really good. Is it a secret on how these are made?" He could use them a a snack on the road if he could make them himself after all.

Anneliese Anneliese

Anneliese attentively watched as Aris looked the snacks up and down, until ultimately taking a bite, and then another one until finally — a smile crept onto his face, and sequentially a large full, and rosy cheek smile followed. “I’m really glad you like them Aris — and I’ll be happy to make you more.” She did her best to hide her unbridled joy as she went on explaining the process. “I slow smoke the meat of choice over a fire that I slowly stoke — I like to do it when I’m outdoors — it gives me time to reflect — kinda a two birds one stone sorta thing.” Nervously fidgeting Anneliese tucked her hair once again behind her ear as she forced herself to hold her hands down and in front of her. “So, I know it’s been a little bit, but I’ve got some exciting news. Master Noble — er, your Mom… picked me to be her Padawan.” Anneliese said with a very soft smile, anxiously wondering what he would think, her jade eyes locking gaze with his.

GADividerPurple.png

Over her own flame? Aris glanced to the meat within the pack, then his own hand. Could he smoke it with his bare hands? Maybe. Smoking was often done at a specific temperature, so if he could replicate it by heating himself up to the right temperature. He blinked after a moment though, glancing back towards Anneliese in actual surprise.

"I know. Mom asked me to show you around here. I thought it'd be a nice way to help you feel at home. Mom's Padawan's are always really close to he family. If they want to be, I mean."

Anneliese Anneliese

Tags: Aris Noble Aris Noble
Anneliese smiled softly at Aris — it felt like an invite, if felt like acceptance, it felt like adoption. Valery had been — simply amazing up to this point, and to know that she would have many more years to learn from her, and to build a relationship with Aris and Vera — she felt privileged beyond words. “I would like that very much Aris.” Pausing and looking around, she looked back. “So, what’s first on the agenda?” Repositioning her satchel, she stood ready to let Aris lead the way.

GADividerPurple.png

"A tour, and a warning kind of. The temple here is as safe as Coruscant, but outside it is the wilds of New Cov. If you don't have to, don't go out. The animals and even the plant life here are very carnivorous and dangerous." Even for his parents they were. He knew how much she liked going outside though, so he paused for a moment, then smiled as he motioned for her to follow. That made it easy to tell which place they'd visit first.

Up.

As they went he motioned to the various rooms along the way. "Mess hall. They make meals for us here at set times, but the kitchen is open for use if you want it. Bunks are over there. Most who come here just pick a room to sleep in if they want to. Those with permanent rooms though are on the lower floor." They made it to the staircase up and he continued to lead the way.

Right into the bright and shining sun. It was the mountaintop, mostly untouched. A fountain laid nearby, but most of the area was grass and trees. "This is where most people train. Or meditate. The jungle is dangerous down below, but here is safe to explore as you'd like, even if it isn't that big."

Ansisa Ansisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom