Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The new beginning

ZmUI5db.png

Benûwia Antares / Darth Xanesh / Ireria Antares
Sith sorcerer, alchemist, historian
LWh9tvn.png
Equipment: -
Tag(s): Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
bvU6aHX.png

Days have passed since she was captured; she has since been a guest alone in this cell. She can’t tell exactly where she is, too much time has passed. Thanks to the slave’s memories she knew the date, ABY 860, but she didn’t know what it meant exactly. What happened in 0, and when it was compared to the date of her own birth. Too much question and no answer. Since the soldiers captured her she has not met anyone, just a droid, who brings her food twice or thrice in a day. She had spent most of her time in the form of Xanesh, she tried to reach out to the Force, to use it to discover the area, but this time this didn’t help her.

She felt the same thing as a Force Ghost, she was still on Dromund Kaas, provided the planet was still called that. Xanesh spent most of her days meditating, and training. She still had to get used to the child's body. Well, the slave was not a child, she was an adult, but compared to her, the slave had only a child. And since her new host was only an ignorant slave, the woman knew nothing of this new world, the whole thing was pathetic. However, Xanesh had enough patience not to start shouting, screaming that she wanted to see a sufficiently high-ranking officer, or ruler, or a Sith if they had not died out or disappeared over the millennia.

However, it was strange that no one had yet come to interrogate or even torture her for information. In fact, there were no windows in the room, so she could only guess the passage of time based on the long experience of her life. She guessed for two or three days, guessing how often the droid brought food and drink to her. At least they didn't forget she was here. She knows – at least she guessed – they are watching her, she was sure there was some camera in the cell or in the corridor that could see her. But then what are they waiting for?

When she finished her meditation she opened her eyes. Xanesh was still alone; she heard nothing from the corridor, no other prisoners, no guards, and no droids. She was accustomed to loneliness thousands of years ago, but now that she had resurrected and came back to life she wanted to interact, that's why silence was both reassuring and annoying. Nothing still happened, so he decided to continue meditating. She was a model of patience, so if she had to wait a few more days, she would not die again. But she hoped that someone would finally arrive and they did not force her to wait.

After all, she was not one but two Sith lords... at least for once, a long time ago.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Last edited:

tumblr_obx566F8vr1vsq4fko1_500.gifv

D R O M U N D - K A A S

bvU6aHX.png

The skies were dark over New Kaas City, heavy clouds pregnant with a forecasted downpour slowly sauntering into position as thunder boomed and lightning flashed. A Harrower cruiser idled low in the atmosphere, several squadrons of starfighters performing patrol exercises around the towering spires of the city. The populace was quickly dispersing into their homes as the rain began to fall, there were few who wanted to be caught flat-footed in a Dromund Kaas downpour. Those that remained either didn't care much for the rain or were commanded by an obligation to remain as guards and keepers of the peace. There they stood, even as the rain cascaded down around them, stoic and silent, suffering in their obligation to the Empire.
At the far Northeastern end of the city was the Imperial Citadel itself, the secondary seat of government for the whole Empire. Serving as a secondary residence for the Sith Emperor, the Citadel was highly guarded and contained many of the Dark Lord's greatest secrets. Far below the Citadel was his dungeons, in which many unfortunate souls languished in darkness and isolation. It was where the Emperor would be now, striding past the many bolted doors followed by a pair of his scarlet-armored Crownguard. He had not visited these prisons in a very long time, but now he had returned for one singular purpose.
Their newest resident.
The doors of the cell were not locked in the traditional sense, there were no visible locks or keyholes, rather they operated on a unique and complex system of gears and pistons that could only be activated using the Force. The combination of each cell lock was different and often changed, and theoretically could only be opened by those who knew the correct sequence. Emperor Carnifex knew them all, and he had no trouble opening the cell door that contained Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco . The wall seemed to recede into itself as it opened, and once the Emperor had stepped through the wall returned to its blank inert state.
Now they were alone, and the Emperor said nothing. He observed her first, letting his eyes wander to accumulate all of the visual information he could hoard, and then he finally spoke. "Who are you?"

Last edited:
ZmUI5db.png

LWh9tvn.png
bvU6aHX.png

More hours passed in infinite loneliness and silence, the droid had to slowly come back with the food, though something completely different happened then. The cell door was opened, and someone entered the cell. She didn’t open her eyes, just waiting until the other will start to speak. She was still calm, so she hadn't even looked at the other one yet. She felt the other’s might, its power, it was quite remarkable in the Force. She smiled a little; she was glad that the really strong dark side users did not disappear until she was among the living. When her guest or maybe her host spoke, she already knew the other was a man. Who are you, why didn't she surprise? No introduction, no formality, just the short answer.

”And you?” she replied and sighed. ”Introduction is never a virtue for young men, it has not changed over the millennia… Will you be my torturer or my executioner?”

That was the moment the woman first looked up and then got up infinitely slowly from the ground to look up at the very tall man. He has too much power at his age, so he uses tricks to delude his own mortality. Just like she did the same, ages ago. She steps back a little until her back touches the wall. She was not afraid; it was simply easier to look through the man from here. She finds nothing among the slave child’s memories, so she can’t recognize the man who was in her cell. She knows she can choose, she will tell “everything” voluntarily or they will break her, or kill her again. One choice was better than the other, so she starts to talk:

”I am… erm, We are Benûwia and Ireria Antares. As Benûwia we were members of the Sphere of Mysteries, later the leader of the sphere and member of the Dark Council, as Ireria we were members of the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge. But now… you can call us Darth Xanesh”

It was weird to talk about herself like that, the first person did not fit here, when she was in balance. The royal plural better expressed what it was, even though there was only one soul in the body.

”We lived when Tenebrae, or Vitiate ruled the Sith Empire as the Sith Emperor. We survived his final death, how much time has passed since then?” she asked as she looked into his eyes.

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Vm9OGHS.png

D R O M U N D - K A A S

bvU6aHX.png

He listened attentively to what the woman, women he mentally corrected, told him. From what he could understand, they hailed from the time of the Dark Lord Vitiate and had served on his Dark Council at one time or another. For reasons yet unknown, they had survived the end of his rule and now stood in front of him. Such anomalies weren't wholly unheard of; errant hyperspace jumps, carbon freezing, other forms of artificial or natural stasis.
It was exceptionally intriguing, to say the least.
When he spoke, he spoke calmly and clearly. "My name is Kaine Zambrano, though many call me by my Sith name; Darth Carnifex. It has been seven-thousand-seven-hundred-and-sixty years since the Dark Jedi were exiled from Republic space and discovered Korriban and the Sith people. It has been four-thousand-four-hundred-and-ninety-one years since the Dark Lord of the Sith known as Vitiate was destroyed. In that time, the Sith have fallen and risen many times over. The greatest Dark Lords of the Sith have come and gone as well, the galaxy reshaped countless times. In this modern age, I am the one they call Emperor and Dark Lord."
He turned away and opened the cell door with a wave of his hand, then turned his head slightly so that he could see her. "You interest me, Darth Xanesh, and you will be pleased to find that I am neither interrogator or executioner. Instead, I will show you what has transpired since those ancient days, and find you a place in my Empire."
He beckoned her to follow him.

Last edited:
ZmUI5db.png

LWh9tvn.png
bvU6aHX.png

After she finished her words the man started to speak. Finally, at least she thought that. She may finally get some information. Kaine Zambrano, what an exotic name, and definitely not a sith name. Although this did not bother her, there were non pureblood Siths even in her day who held the Darth title. It was so okay whoever was worthy of it could get it, she never had a problem with that. Why would it be now?

So it was ~4.500 years when she died. Well, actually Xanesh did not consider this a death, because they did not become one with the Force, only trapped between life and death. Actually, they really played death, in an ironic way. Though, it would have been better to stay in the game all the way and not get out of it. She perfectly knows that some race exists out there who can live this age, but that was unthinkable for a pureblood Sith. They simply did not live that long.

”We see, that means we were born more than 4.500 years ago.” she replied.”And we became to Darth Xanesh nearly 4.400 years ago”

The numbers weren’t very accurate, but it didn’t matter. The new Sith Emperor? It sounded very interesting. Would he really be that? With the force, with the power he perceptibly possessed, Xanesh considered it conceivable. Interesting, such a young man with that power. Perhaps at this timeline quite pleasant surprises may come to her. She wasn't stupid, she knew exactly what to do in a similar situation, even if she had not met an Emperor before. Neither with her own. At least with Vitiate, those who follow him on the throne, yes. She bowed respectfully to the man.

”In this case, you honor us my Lord!” she replied.

Even if she did not later recognize him as her own ruler, he was still a ruler. Aroused the man's interest? And the emperor had already opened the door to follow him. She chuckled at the choice of word, and this time she changed her appearance. She was not the human female anymore, a pureblood sith woman stood in the cell.

”When last time someone told me the same to me, my Lord, he tried to kill me and he wanted to take my Dark Council position. He failed and died!” she said, her voice was different than before. ”I am the one to whom Xanesh referred as Benûwia.”

She also bowed to the Emperor, and started to follow him. She spoke of herself in singular numbers when she dominated, there was no need for the royal plural, then only she was there. When she got out of the cell before taking her next answer she took back Xanesh's appearance.

”We look forward to seeing what you can show us, my Lord” she said. ”We hope that there are some old traditions that are still alive to this day, or that you would be open to some of them. Even just listen to them.”

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Vm9OGHS.png

D R O M U N D - K A A S

bvU6aHX.png

"Interesting," spoke the Emperor, eyebrow raised. He had seen many changelings in his lifetime, he had even married one and she had born him many children. He hadn't yet seen one that possessed multiple personalities, or, if she was telling the truth, actual multiple people inhabiting the same body. The one known as Benûwia seemed to be the more aggressive of the two, with Ireria being the more submissive or docile one. Together they referred to themselves in the pluralistic fashion, but when Benûwia took control she referred to herself in the singular.
"Very interesting."
Still, he led them through the winding corridors of the Citadel dungeons, eventually reaching a lift that would take them further up the spire. They emerged into an antechamber that divided the lift station from a larger sanctum which connected many of the Citadel's wings to the central structure. Sith and Imperials alike moved and mingled throughout, their attention briefly diverted to the Emperor as he appeared with his new companion. They were quick to deliver their adulations and loyalist protestations, but the Emperor was just as quick to wave them off.
"Follow me," he said to Xanesh as he led them again through another series of halls, this one terminating in a large spacious library that encompassed several levels of the Citadel's structure. With the Force, the Emperor called one particular tome from the thousands on display in the library. He set it down on the nearest table and gesture for Xanesh to take an interest. "This is a collection of Sith history from the moment the Dark Jedi landed on Korriban to the modern-day. It spans over seven-thousand years of history and denotes the most important Sith Lords and Ladies of each era. I would have you read it to familiarize yourself where we are today, you have been gone a long time."

Last edited:
ZmUI5db.png

LWh9tvn.png
bvU6aHX.png

Perhaps it was even surprising to her that the emperor found them interesting, if she looked that she had never heard of such a thing before what had happened to her. Maybe she can even get an explanation for this one day, how that was possible. In spite of millennia, Xanesh still did not know. But now she continued to follow her future Emperor. At the end of the corridor she got into the elevator. In the surface(?) – she didn’t know that – she finally can saw the building interior. When the soldiers bring her here, they do not use this way. They went to the hangar, then the elevators. So she hadn't seen much of this place before.

Now not very conspicuously, discreetly, Xanesh contemplates with noble elegance behind the Emperor. She looked through those who were here, a varied group, maybe better than in her time. Not as if the racial diversity mattered too much. At the end of their journey they came to a huge and amazing library. Xanesh looked around the place, both souls living inside were amazed by what they saw. Knowledge has always been highly valued by both. She looked to the book or datacron which landed on a nearby table.

Xanesh transformed again, this time not the pureblood sith appeared, but a voss woman, a very special one. Usually, that is, always the voss females have red skin with blue eyes. The males have blue skin with orange eyes. This woman had blue skin and orange eyes. She also looked around the room and then stopped her gaze on the emperor. She bowed politely at the Emperor.

”Very impressive collection, my Lord! I am Ireria, and I think I could spend a whole life here” she said. ”How many of these books could I write?”

She asked the poetic question. Her voice was brittle, orderly and precise, and a little mechanized, which was the voss racial “ability”. But her whole emission was calmer, colder than her sister’s. Meanwhile she walked over to the book and picked it up in her hand. Too much information, too little time. She and her sister Benûwia thought the same. Because of this the host changed her appearance back to the human female known as Darth Xahesh. When she spoke again it was the double person again.

”We both know the force technique called memory rub. If you allowed us to use this technique on someone who knows the required information, our catching up would take hours instead of months. But if this cannot be solved, we enjoy reading and learning” she smiled at the end.

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Vm9OGHS.png

D R O M U N D - K A A S

bvU6aHX.png

The transformation into the Voss woman wasn't wholly unexpected, not that he expected them to turn into a Voss but that by them changing their physical form wasn't a surprise for him anymore. That it was Ireria was also expected, as it appeared that both Ireria and Benûwia had preferences on what their physical forms entailed. Their personalities began to form more coherently in the Emperor's minds, he was beginning to pick out their quirks and what they liked, although he had yet to come across what they both disliked.
"I see," gently spoke the Emperor, rubbing one hand against his chin as he thought. "I have someone who would be willing to allow you to read his memories to learn of the current era, he is something of a loremaster and chronicler himself. Although, I imagine he will demand to know more about the time you lived in return." Darth Wyyrlok XXIV was a voracious consumer of knowledge, both ancient and modern, commonplace and esoteric. He would undoubtedly leap at the chance to speak with someone who had lived through the time of Lord Vitiate, no doubt his mind would be abuzz with a thousand and one questions the moment the Emperor spoke to him.
"His name is Darth Wyyrlok, the twenty-fourth of that name. He is a Chagrian, and his family has served the Sith for centuries, each generation taking the name of their predecessor. Would you like to meet him?"

ZmUI5db.png

LWh9tvn.png
bvU6aHX.png

Xanesh watched the emperor with interest as he thought and spoke. No matter how much she looked at the books, datacrons, and possibly holocrons here, she forced herself to rest, to be patient. This time she was not a Dark Lord – or a Dark Lady – just a guest. She didn’t like situations like this where she didn’t gain control, but she suppressed the feeling now. She exactly knows she can’t show weakness in front of no one. If the siths today were similar to the old ones, they would take advantage of all this immediately.

”He can be a really interesting person.” she said.

It was gratifying to her that the Emperor did not rule out the possibility of memory robbery, of course not for free. It was not unexpected for her to share similar memories of the past with them. Something for something. She nodded at this opportunity. She probably won’t find any better with this option without losing “trust”, and she did not want to go back to prison, it was humiliating. But here she had to trust the other party not to betray her, difficult decision.

”Information for information. This is good for us my Lord!” she said.

She ran her finger across the book and glanced at it, then back at the emperor. She continued to watch him, trying to figure out the other as far as possible. Although due to the long out of play, she was no longer in practice. And there was no threat in it; it was just a shadow game, nothing more. Meeting with Darth Wyyrlok now? Everything turns out as best it can.

”If possible, yes, my Lord! We would love to meet him.” she replied. ”Until that happens, can you tell us what the state administration of the current Sith Empire is like?”

She was really curious as to how all this had changed since the ancient times when she lived…

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Vm9OGHS.png

D R O M U N D - K A A S

bvU6aHX.png

"I am pleased to hear that, my dear."
He regarded her again, studying her like a predator would study prey. Though she was far from being prey, she was a Sith; and the Sith were the apex predators of the galaxy. Each kept themselves measured in front of the other, not wishing to reveal anything that could even be construed as weakness.
Such was the cutthroat ways of the Sith passed down for over two hundred generations.
"We still have a Dark Council, although it numbers only five. Adjacent to the Dark Council is the Imperial Diet, a collective of the Empire's Moffs and planetary governors led by a council consisting of a Grand Vizier and the current five Grand Moffs of the Empire. Above them is me, the Sith Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith. Much has changed since your day, for there is only one Dark Lord of the Sith in accordance with the philosophy I have created, built upon generations of refinement from those who came before me."
There were other complexities, but that was the broad picture of the Empire's government. The Sith still ruled, but there was some power shared with the Imperials which constituted a large majority of the Empire's population.
"We are Sith, but we are also Imperial. Hence the term, Sith-Imperial."

ZmUI5db.png

LWh9tvn.png
bvU6aHX.png

Within Xanesh, it was Benûwia who enjoyed this game better with the Emperor, as they stared at each other and tried to find out the other, to find his weak point. It was only a duty for Ireria, but a game for Benûwia. That is why it was worth meeting the Emperor, and because the man went into information-based commerce, mainly because Xanesh could not offer anything else at this time.

”My dear”, those words that she heard very, very, long ago. And from the mouth of a Sith it seldom had a pleasant meaning. And yet, Xanesh felt satisfaction, her lips twitched into a faint, satisfied smile. She began to enjoy all this more and more, though she felt rusty over the millennia, but Xanesh already missed such a conversation.

”The joy is ours, that you are a generous ruler, our Lord!” complimented with measured emphasis, not to feel too submissive, but her words were polite and respectful.

Maybe she really tasted the other one, what some reactions elicit from it, after all, this is the way to get to know someone best, to get to know each other quickly. In the case of a Sith, it can also mean his/her life. That was the part of the ancient game, what is called a shadow play. Nevertheless Xanesh turned her full attention to the Emperor as the man answered her question. She found the changes interesting and most logical as well, except one.

”Hmmm, interesting. Less conflict of interest, less divergence between members, only five instead of twelve can be better controlled. In the end, we thought that was a smart move, our Lord” she said. ”New philosophy; we look forward to getting to know or read it.”

The only dark lord was disturbing to them, they worked out to bear the name Darth and the rank that comes with it, the Dark Lord of the Sith. But it did not sound like this, it could be a bearable loss for them. She chuckled contentedly at the end, the word refinement really amused her. Xanesh began to find the young man sympathetic for his effrontery and recklessness. This time her lips tightened into a definite mocking smile.

”Refinement?” she asked back. ”We see that you created a god out of yourself. But there is no problem with that, in your position, Vitiate did exactly the same.”

It didn’t bother the women; it was just amusing that history always repeats itself. Sith-imperials; she nodded at the expression.

”What we have heard so far has won our favor, but we have lived long enough that we know perfect does not exist. So we would ask you, our Lord, what are the downsides of your words?” she asked.

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Vm9OGHS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom