Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The Negotiations Might Be Short"

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had gotten word from [member="Khyros Sunblade"] that the Republic needed her help. It was a little strange to get this sort of request now. Most of her time in Republic space had been in attending Mantic's school for Force training. If she was going to continue to make the Galaxy a safer and better place to live, then she needed to learn to control her impulses and hone her abilities in the Force.

But her studies weren't constant, so it gave her enough free time to do the thing that satisfied her the most. Helping others. Her brother's government was new, and so she was helping him broaden it, bring in new worlds to the fold, and open up trade and commerce amongst them. So far so good. Though as she did so, it had caught the attention of her enemies as well, given that most of her time was being spent close to both Hutt Cartel and Sith territories. At least now she had her own ship to venture in. Was that safer for her? Maybe not. But only time would tell.

Kay waited at the port on Denon for Khyros to arrive. He was the Minister of Justice, or so she had heard. It was kind of fitting that he would be the one to contact her. Maybe in some way she'd be able to make amends with the Republic government and they would be able to work together, instead of leaving her with the continuing feeling of being exiled. That feeling was all in her head though, as Mantic made her aware that she was only punishing herself for what had happened. The time for punishment was over. It was time for renewal and a fresh start.

She didn't have to wait too long for a transport vessel to arrive, carrying the Republic insignia, as well as Khyros. She gripped the strap of her satchel to comfort her while she waited for him to exit the ship and approach.

Khyros tabbed through pages on his datapad as his transport ship landed at the Denon spaceport. Preliminary negotiations with the government of Denon had gone well, and they seemed to be willing to rejoin the Republic. With those over, Khyros was to step up to the plate to speak to people concerning how Denon would fit into the Republic from a legal standpoint. The governing body was fairly easy to adapt, as most of their laws had been generated at a time when Denon was in the Republic, but several corporations enjoyed extraterritoriality on the planet, and they held tremendous sway with the government. The new administration of the Republic was working hard to ensure corporations that the Republic was a friendly place for corporations again, that the shameful nationalization of companies wouldn't happen again.

Khyros stepped from the transport, datapad in hand, and several Justice Department Marshals preceding him and following him as a protective detail. He paused for a moment until he saw former Senator [member="Lady Kay"]. He smiled broadly and walked to her, hand extended.

"Ms. Kay, it is a pleasure to see you. Thank you for accepting my invitation here."

Kay-Larr

The sight of the marshals was a little unexpected. For a brief moment she thought that she was going to be arrested again. But the sight of [member="Khyros Sunblade"] approaching with a smile and an extended hand caused her fears to disappear. She reached out and gave him a soft yet firm shake, offering up her own smile. "Thank you for thinking of me, Minister Sunblade. I had heard word of Senator Blackstaff's murder. I hope that extra precautions are being made so that it doesn't happen again." She wanted to tell him about her own visit from Blackstaff's killer, [member="Darth Ferus"] but was unable to. If she did so, then Khyros could become the next target, and she didn't want that. If such things continued and the people around her started dying, then she could soon become implicated in the murders. That was one of the last things that she wanted.

Bringing her thoughts back to the present, she looked to his datapad and then up to him. "You wrote in your message that you needed help with the corporations here, so I had contacted a bunch of the CEO's that I know and have arranged for a meeting. Fortunately they don't hold my loss of my seat in the Senate against me. I suppose that they feel as though I have the inside knowledge and connections that they seek." She gestured to the tall building down the block. "Shall we?"

Lady Kay said:
"Thank you for thinking of me, Minister Sunblade. I had heard word of Senator Blackstaff's murder. I hope that extra precautions are being made so that it doesn't happen again."
"Extra precautions are under way, and thank you." Khyros said, nodding.

Lady Kay said:
"You wrote in your message that you needed help with the corporations here, so I had contacted a bunch of the CEO's that I know and have arranged for a meeting. Fortunately they don't hold my loss of my seat in the Senate against me. I suppose that they feel as though I have the inside knowledge and connections that they seek." She gestured to the tall building down the block. "Shall we?"
"Indeed, your willingness to help in this matter is something I personally appreciate." He responded. "We shall." He continued, as they reached a waiting unmarked car. After they got in, the driver would speed them to the building where the meeting was to take place.

Kay-Larr

Politics was always a game. Some just played it more formally than others. Kay could do both. She was well rounded and adaptable that way. In this case however, she had to be formal.

As they sat in the vehicle, she remained silent, unsure of what to say or how to approach the right conversation. She kept her satchel on her lap with her fingers folded on top to stop herself from fidgeting. The ride wasn't going to be long. She knew a few of the guests that would be there, but whether or not others would show up was anyone's guess.

Finally she cleared her throat a bit before speaking to [member="Khyros Sunblade"] , "What's the game plan Minister? Is this purely a promotional visit or are you looking for putting contracts together as well?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom