Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Necris (Deep Space Station)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lubt8ea.jpg

Image Source: Guardians of the Galaxy

Name: The Necris ( Z12 "Necris" Deep Space Station)

Classification: Deep Space Colony

Affiliation: The Aldu'Ock Necropsi species.

Size:
Height: 3000m
Diameter: 3000m

Population: 10,000+ total
Purgers (Military): 8,000
Mudracs (Navy): 2,000
Mudrac Savants: 3,000
Priests: 200
Other ( Mutants and animals): Roughly 900
Civilians: 15,000. Everyone has an active role in their Government

Defenses: 7 Flakk cannons, 6 Turbo lasers cannons, Deflector shields & Tractor beam. Enough to hold its own against a pirates but not enough for combat against capital ships. The cannons are spread out across the surface in odd places due to the skull shape of the Space station. Never the less the cannons have a good range of the Station and cover all angles except the bottom docking that leads to the Abyssal Zone.

Points of Interest:

The Labs
C6uPrD6.jpg

Where the Magic of science all occurs. Taking up only a chunk of the station this is where the Mudrac sub species spend most their time here to advance more their technology for their people. Cybernetics, Biotech, Genetic Mutation. Their is no limit to what can happen in this place. The labs themselves hold samples of hundreads of thousands of different animals, plants & other species of Sentients. Labs are restricted to scientist only.

The Junction
pziMlC6.jpg

The industrial living area and largest chunk of the Space station. The Junction can be best compared to the lower and medium districts of Narr Shadaa and Coruscant. The housing is very tight and the streets are practically a living factory of work. The Junction is the jewel of the Station as it hold most of the resources as well, for this reason the Junction is well guarded and patrolled by the Purgers. The Junction has two districts Upper and Lower.

Halls of Denoch
ZJfDk6i.jpg

Rather mysterious place in the lower region of the Station. Only the chosen priests are allowed to enter. Taking up only a small part of the Station and at the lowest point. The Halls of Denoch is a very secretive and not too much is known about it. It holds little to nothing and is regarded as scarred by the priests. The temple below is quite large and rests in the asteroid part of the space station.

Abyssal Zones
Uc1rwA2.jpg

The parts of the station that are deemed too dangerous are called the abyssal zones. The Necris has several Abyssal zones but the main and primary one is at the stations lowest point right under the halls of Denoch. Many have attempted to explore the abyss and return back but many die as the darkness is home to many odd creatures that had escaped from years past. Rogue droids, mutants & other abominations dwell in this place scavenging from what can be found.

Description: The Necris is a rather large Deep Space station made and modifed by the Necropsi species. What started out as a medium sized space station slowly expanded into something larger. Considered their home "planet" the Necropsi live peacefully in The Necris. The Station itself is part ship and part asteroid giving the entire look a eerie appearance to outsiders. Armed enough to fend off pirates enemies of the like, the Necris is a massive structure in space. The Necris is dark eerie and full of robotic type creations and mutants. It is very dangerous to wander and explore the darker parts of the Station.

History: Thought to be a extinct species the Necropsi lived on by moving into space. The Necris was the single invention that made the Necropsi species disappear. Threat of the Gulag Virus was too great at so they embraced space as their home bringing an excess of supplies with them. The Necris was home to the species evolution. What started as a simple space station slowly advanced and was built apon as years past. Those who did not embrace technology suffered and many died on the station leaving the remaining population with more than enough supplies to survive. By 844 ABY the Necris had grown to a large dwarfing its main sentient population. The darker lower sections of the station were seen as a home for the abominations and failures that the Necropsi had made through DNA manipulation and cybernetics.

Intent: To make the home the Necropsi Live on come to life and be used more in RP as an environment. Needs to be more space stations i think.

[member="Durza the Zealous"]

Apologies for the slight delay, in midterms week and preparing for a vacation next week. Anyways a few things:
  • How large is this space station? We talking several kilometers? meters?
  • Detail how extensive the defenses are, specifically how many turbolaser cannons and such are on board
  • While everyone would have a role in the government, they would still be considered civilians if they are not members of the military, so this cannot remain as 0

Defense Details done.
Civilian count done.

My question is how big can I get away with? [member="Taeli Raaf"]. This is the part I got stuck on in the Factory when I tired it there, ended up archiving it and was recommended here to Locations. Hard for me to imagine the specific height width and w/e.

Give me a rough size then, but I hate to burst your bubble, but the station will probably still require some sort of development. The degree of how much will depend on how large the station actually is, which I'm guessing is quite large as you described it as massive?

1200m diameter?.... [member="Taeli Raaf"] help me out please, im not a geometry person. Im a imagine person, which is really odd if you think about the two. I see something and understand simply. So far the only thing that comes to mind for me that is similar in size is a tactical Borg sphere from star trek.

KxDgb2S.jpg

Doing a little research, I see that a Borg sphere has a diameter of roughly 600 meters. In comparison, the most famous space station in Star Wars, the second Death Star has a diameter of 160 kilometers as seen in Return of the Jedi while the first was 120 kilometers in diameter.

If you go with 1200 meters as the diameter, it will probably require 10 to 15 posts of development of decent quality posts for me to accept it. However, if you go smaller, you run the risk of minimizing the impact this location has. Going larger, you run into having to do more development. Space stations are always tricky, and almost all examples in the Location sub have development except for canon examples such as the pirate bases from Empire at War, which were known to have a 400m diameter.

I leave it up to you what you wish to do, but know you will probably be looking at doing at least 10 posts of development.

[member="Taeli Raaf"] I decided to follow the new space station template.

- Changed Space Station to a Space Colony
- removed 1200diameter and put 3000m since thats the highest I can go without work.

The height is still 300m though. What number would balance the shape out to a sphere? or is 300m by 3000m a sphere? [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Apologies for the delay, been on vacation and just commandeered a computer for the night. So 3000m by 300m gives you an oval shape, you want 3000 by 3000 for a sphere.

I'm still going to be asking for the 10 to 15 posts of development however, as while you can make a station with 3000m, yours also serves as a home base for the entire race, experiments, labs, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom