Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The National Imperialist Party

274-banner-1403464961.jpg
The National Imperialist Party
The National Imperialist Party was created and organized shortly after the One Sith attack on the capital of the Galactic Republic, Coruscant. It is a Pro-Imperial political party formed by former Coruscant University professor, Magister Teron Baelmon, alongside like-minded individuals who sought to reform the Republic into an Imperialist state. They capitalize on veneration of the state, devotion to a strong central leader, and have emphasis on ultranationalism and militarism. The party views political violence, war, and imperialism as a means to achieve national rejuvenation, and it asserts that stronger nations have the right to expand their territory by displacing weaker nations. They also embrace the idealism of the Sith philosophy, and despite not being practitioners of the art nor having any real interacting with Sith they still endorse the fundamental Sith ideology.

The party is currently situated on Alderaan, but has plans to send members to various metropolises in the Republic to hold speeches and rallies.

This is just a little idea I had when thinking of a direction for my new character, Teron, to go. I found the "New Order Party" article on Wookieepedia, and I got the inspiration to create my own Pro-Imperial political party within the Republic fueled by the Sith incursion on it's territories. So, yeah. Tell me what you guys personally think, don't hold back.

I can take it.

Given that such a party would be seen as collaborationist and as a potential fifth column, wouldn't the Republic proscribe and ban it? Much like the British government outlawed the BUF and interned its leaders during WW2.

Right now it's mostly an underground organization, and barely has much support.

Eventually it'l transform into something akin to a terrorist group, realizing that words cannot start change, and instead resorting to violence.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

But yes, I have no doubt the Republic would try to ban it.

I think it'd be interesting to see it all happen :D

The Republic clearly needs Defence Regulation 18B! In these trying times of national emergency, all potential traitors and fifth columnists must be dealt with harshly.

Bit of a shame Moira Skaldi is no longer with Republic Intelligence....:d

Solid idea. I imagine something as large as Coruscant would have many, many pro-Imperial thinking people, and it'd definitely have a large support on planets that were in the Sith Empire. Just keep in mind Imperials aren't some villains who eat babies, but people who have various reasons to support the idea of one Empire. Many will join because they dislike the Jedi, others due to the Republic being unable to protect its capital, some out of sense of duty to protect peace and their families, and of course, those heroic Republic patriots who have a change of heart overnight and suddenly see the light of the new rulers of the planet :D

sabrina

actually that happened in ww2 when germany took a channel island, the local police helped them in order to keep the peace.
also the reason why, according to historical information, the first job of britains partisan forces was to kill the local police officers. As they where seen as potenial ally to the invaders.

Pa'Kar Sang

P
Siobhan Kerrigan said:
Given that such a party would be seen as collaborationist and as a potential fifth column, wouldn't the Republic proscribe and ban it?
They might if the Republic gave a damn what was happening in their backyard :p

[member="Magister Teron Baelmon"]
If you ever need a gun, you know where to find me. *leaves card*

i love the idea
wouldn't it make sense to have a bit more of a "low profile" name... i mean the National Imperialist Party sounds good and gets the point across very well but it does limit what the party would be able to do.... the party can have the same ideas and yet be structured in a way that it doesn't come across as an enemy of the state or sith.
for example, around the world their are hundreds of active NAZI parties and they act as any other political entity.... the reason people dont kick up a fuss (ok people still kick up a fuss but im trying to make a point) is because most people cant tell they are NAZIs.... the name they go by gives very little if any hints to their true identity
Eg.
National Alliance, Mexican Nationalist Front, Golden Dawn, National People's Front, National Alignment, National Action, League of Saint George, Russian National Unity, Danish Front and many more

other then that.... i love it :D
im planning to join the republic army but maybe in the future i will turn politician

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom