Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Nar Shaada Classic [Open]

Nar Shaada
The Nerfherder Cantina

After the destruction of her beloved vessel and a long flight back from the rim Hala had decided to put down in her old haunt of Nar Shaada. Not because she loved it, but because it was easy and as a Spacer she could blend in just about anywhere.

Her Z-95 Headhunter was hunk of crap as well. From an earlier scouting mission she'd lost her right rear engine, and barely managed to put her down without crashing into the spaceports wall. There was a lot of work to be done on the Scout Fighter, and she hadn't much credits to do it.

In a truly irresponsible fashion she found herself using the last of her credits for a meal and to get drunk as could be. In the morning she'd check her drop box for local merc jobs, go shopping for a new engine and also try to get some better sensor equipment.

How she was gonna do that was beyond her though.

The Cantina was a roughish old place, with wooden tables and country music blaring. This was the home of the outlaw folks around these parts. She herself was a apart of that crowd. At the table with her was a Rodian she'd met on the way. Jager, whom spoke very good basic, and had nice line of Credit with the Intergalactic Banking Clan.

Hala set down her mug on the table and iped her mouth with the back of her hand as her an Jager discussed stories.

"Ever flown near a black hole?" He asked.

"Nope, can't say I have, have you?"

"Oh yeah, loads of times. Once had to escape one. Dropped all my cargo and juiced the engines as hard as I could. Managed to just get away."

Hala rolled her eyes, and held up her hand for a refill.
This guys full of crap. Nobody escapes a black hole. That's why spacers stay away from them

"Oh really? Tell me more about your black hole incident? How'd your ship even hold together?"

The Duros marched through the crowded streets and pushed his way into the cantina. His red, beady eyes scanned the room for anyone he should worry about then went to the bar. He wore simple pants, which were held up with suspenders. The Duros was shirtless and a two tattoos could be seen on his chest, on the left was the symbol off the Hutt Cartel, a long since dismembered faction, and on the right was the insignia of 'The Jackals', his old pirate crew. Atop all this he wore a brown, trashy trenchcoat, that had seen far too many battle.

"One bottle, rum." Cadan spoke quickly, and peered around the room again, seeing if anyone was staring. The Duros slammed the credits onto the bar and waited from the tender to slide over the beverage.

Bottle in hand, Cadan pushed his way through the crowd, constantly checking to see if he was being watched. "Bloody too many people 'ere." The Duros muttered to himself as he sat down at a small round table. His eyes constatly scanning the room.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Spacers always noticed other Spacers. It was like they had a Geiger counter in their brains, and all spacers were white hot rod of Uranium. As Cadan entered she took a very keen notice of him, and cut Jager of mid sentence.

"Oy you! Come on over!"

The call rang out louder than the crowd, and Hala was waving with her hand. A server droid came over to try and tell her to stop making a scene. She grunted and gave it a weird look. She hated droids, especially protocol droids who were soooooo annoying.

"Excuse me, Miss Jast-"

"Excuse me, another drink for my friend here, actually just bring the whole bottle."

"Miss Jast, I am obligated to inform you that your tab is over one hundred-"

"Uh-uh-uh. Do what I say droid. Now scram."

The droid scuttled away, circuitry fully offended. Hala as too drunk to really care at this point. she wanted this other guy over here so Jager would shut up about his dumb black hole story which most likely had never even occured.

That voice rang out through the cantina, Cadan's head snapped to where it came from and his eyes narrowed down on this drunken female. He found himself resting his hand ontop of his DL-18, his fingers dancing around the handle. Slowly he rose from his seat, daring not take his eyes away from the Hala.

"Well, 'ere I am." Cadan said as he slammed down the bottle of rum and shrunk down into his seat. From closer inspection, Hala would notice the deep dark rings under his eyes, common for most around these parts. There were clear signs of drug abuse and addict on his face, but what would you expect from the ex spice king of the Hutt Cartel.

"Ain't a nice way to speak to the droid." Cadan's voice seemed joking, as he spoke although his face didn't show any signs of humour.

[member="Hala Jast"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Hala laughed, and when the droid came back, flipped a five credit chip in it's direction. Of course the thing could not catch it, and it was amusing watching the protocol struggle. Now here yes landed on Cadan and she uncorked the bottle. With one hand she moved a glass over to her, filled it and pushed it back to Cadan.

"Yeah yeah. Droids suck, I don't like them. Chill dude, it's not like they're people!"

When Jagen took a sip, she took a slug and set her glass down then leaneaned in.

"What's your name friend?"

Hemmrie waltzed out of the bathroom feeling like a million credits.

Mostly because he was full of alcohol fed to him by his new captain, the female [member="Hala Jast"] , who had recently saved his life and who he owed a lifetime of servitude (or just a big favor of some sort.)

The hobo danced back to his table with Hala, to find she was talking to an ugly looking alien, a Duros, who was standing up for the barkeep droid. He slapped the Duros on the back as he approached and laughed.

"The droid's bein' paid for this sorta work, bud! No need t' stand up for it' it'll 'Old it's own! Now, can we- ahem, SHE getcha a drink?"

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

"Hehehe...."

The incident between [member="Hala Jast"] and others brought a laugh from a man that was simply enjoying his drink from a table nearby. He was fully hooded, black robes covering his body and his face obscured. But his laugh was hearty, full of life... Very unlike the seedy sorts that came here with nothing but death in their eyes. He had intended to merely observe, and to have an amusing time listening in to all of this, but it brought a laugh from him so loud that he knew he might as well speak from his table.

"I have an HK unit who would tell you to bloody kark off for that one" He would crack toward the group. "And then of course he'd put a blaster to your head. And I'd watch. And probably laugh."

[member="Hemmrie the Bum"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Raucous laughter tumbled through the cantina as a large Aqualish stumbled inside. He wore an orange vest, pants, and scant else save the oversized blaster pistol sticking out from his waistband. His coarse furred arms rested around two barely-clothed women: one a Zeltron, the other a Twi'lek.

"Gooddé da lodia," the arachnid called, tusks shuffling.

He and the two girls wobbled over to a booth. The current occupants, a Human and a Rodian, looked up.

"Get out, koochoo."

The Human frowned. "Better watch who you're talking to, spider-face."

"Dopo mee gusha, peedunkey?" The Aqualish took an arm off the woman and wrapped his fingers around the butt of the gun poking from his waistband.

The Rodian waved his hands frantically. "No no, no problem here. We were just going." He seized his human friend by the arm and dragged him out, hurrying toward the exit. "Are you loca, Frenki? He's Zareca."

The Human's face paled, while his step quickened.

The Aqualish laughed with his gut and slid into the booth, accompanied by his two lady friends. He tossed a stack of cred coins on the table, then pushed the Zeltron. "How 'bout you go get some drinks for Uncle Narbo, eh?"

The Zareca Cartel had scheduled a pickup from a pilot [member="Vishkar"]. He was due to arrive... well, Narbo didn't actually remember when, just that they were supposed to meet here to discuss how the shipment had gone and schedule more like it. Business and all that.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Hemmrie the Bum"] | [member="Hala Jast"] | [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Across the bar, a tall Ithorian in a piloting outfit sat reading over the contents of a holovid, reading terms and conditions, information he would need to remember when he met his contact.

And as if on queue, an Aqualish, loud and causing some harassment to some of the other guests, walked in with two beautiful young women under his arms. The Ithorian almost didn't take notice, until the Rodian said his key word, and left with his companion;

Zareca.

Vishkar stood slowly, breathing in the last of the fumes from the Fresh smoke he was using to keep his sinuses clean in this cantina, and made his way over to the Aqualish, taking a seat opposite and raising his dark eyes to the contact. As he spoke, the translator that sat over his dual mouths and thrust voiced he words he spoke in Ithorian to Galactic Basic.

"Greetings, from Myself. I introduce myself as Vishkar, pilot for 'Spirit of Rothana.' I do your run, for good fee, and questions: unasked." It seems his translator was only rough, for it produced his sentences in very simple and odd form. "Only question, yes, what I content of cargos, and payment when is due."

The Ithorian tapped his translator, his eyes frowning for a moment. Seems it was in need of maintenance, and updating.

"Payment fix translator when broken." [member="Narbo"]

(I am currently playing two characters in this thread: Vishkar and [member="Hemmrie the Bum"]. Challenges are loved and welcomed here.)

The Twi'lek curled into Narbo, fingers clutching tight at his vest as the smoke-wreathed Ithorian dropped into the seat across from them.

Four beady black eyes stared at [member="Vishkar"], then Narbo let out a gut busting laugh and slapped the table with the flat of his palm. "Grancha na yoke, pateesa."

Narbo's tusks shuffled, clicking against each other. He started to absently stroke one of the Twi'lek's lekku with the three fat fingers of his left hand.

"Call me Narbo. So you're our pilot, eh? Long way from a herd ship." The Aqualish's voice was harsh and guttural. "Your cargo is an animal. Huge. They call it a Terentatek."

The Ithorian's deep throat hummed, the vibration of it echoing across the table. "A herd not had, me, since sold I have been, across the galaxy as a young pupa." Smoke still seemed to come in wisps from his two mouths as his translator chirped. "But onto the business you of Zareca have brought to myself."

The Ithorian leaned across the table and pulled a small device from his side, raising it to his lips and breathing deeply the warm smoke that whirled and awoke his insides. "A Terentatek, you tell me? Very rare, to offworld find a creature, like that. Very dangerous, maybe worth more than can think-think-think-thi-" The Ithorian tapped the translator and it whirred back to life. "I do you good, decent deal. Cheaper than most offer. Especially for exquisite creature."

Vishkar placed the Holovid tab before the Aqualish, showing a few terms and conditions, and a price that was outrageously cheap for such a dangerous creature. The Ithorian seemed to smile, if it were possible, before the Zareca employee. He seemed relatively nice, warmhearted, and because of his species connection to flora and fauna, he knew he wouldn't have any trouble.

"Do we have deal, friend [member="Narbo"]?"

"Me names Cadan." The Duros said before he chugged down the drink, feeling the liquid sooth the slight dryness he felt in the back of his throat. "An' you?"

Before an answer came, a man was slapping Cadan on the back and laughing, once again Cadan's eyes darted around to see who had just arrived. "I don't know who'd be dumb enough to pay a droid for work." Cadan voice rose in his last sentece as he eyed the barkeep. "And yeah she got me a drink."

"Tell you what, I'll go 'ead to 'ead with this droid of yours and we'll see who comes out laughin'." As Cadan spoke this time, a crooked smile spread across his face as he turned to Joshua. It was words like this that would always started fights.

[member="Hala Jast"] [member="Hemmrie the Bum"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

[member="Hemmrie the Bum"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Vishkar"] [member="Narbo"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"Cadan eh?"

"And then I juiced 'em, oh yeah I juiced em!"

Jager was still rambling on about his black hole escape story and Hala held up a hand to silence him. Then she shoved the rest of her bottle towards him and grinned.

"Just drink Jager. I know you didn't escape a Black Hole. You don't have to impress me. I'm not all that impressive myself buddy."

The part about the droid and Cadan fighting gave her great idea. Nar Shaada still had some dueling rings, here the spectators paid to watch blood sport. If those two could get in the ring and fight, she could place a bet. An a bet could solve some of her problems, like the hundred cred bar tab she had open.

And the twenty or so credits she had in reserve on her Scout Fighter. Those were for fuel. Oh kark situations.

"How's about we take it to the ring in an hour? I'll bet on that!" She shouted.

"Escaped a black 'ole! Ha! Got more chance gettin' some from a Jedi than ya do escapin' one of 'em." Cadan nudged the Rodian with his elbow, he seemed to be getting more comfortable with the group now that drinks were being passed around.

"If I win, I get ta keep the broke arse droid. Sound fair robes?" Still unaware of what Joshua looked like, Cadan just throught it would be best to call him by what he wore. "That gives me enough time to get me crap ready to go." Already Cadan could feel the adreneline rushing through his veins. He opened up his rum and took a swig before passing it over to Hala. "Better bet big on me love." Cadan said with a wink. "Same with you oldie, could maybe by ya'self some proper clothes." Cadan nudge Hemmrie this time, making sure he heard the jab at his attire.

[member="Hala Jast"] [member="Hemmrie the Bum"] [member="Hemmrie the Bum"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"] would feel the touch of a blaster's end pushed straight into the back of his head. "Bang. You're dead" Rang a metallic voice as Josh would look over to note that a blue-painted HK unit, had walked in when nobody was looking and had taken it's blaster to the man's head while everyone was having a laugh. Even Josh hadn't seen it coming, but how could he? Droids had no life form signature to trace. He couldn't have tracked the HK unit if he wanted to.

"And now that the fun's-KKKSSSSSHHH-Over, I'm going to pull the trigger and kill this-"

"Enough."

The hooded figure had stood to his full 6'4 height and would place himself between the HK unit and the Duros before the droid could fire, or Cadan could strike at the droid, holding his arms out to separate them. "I was kidding, HK. Don't actually kill him, we don't need to cause anymore of a scene then we have already" He would remark, though one might glimpse the faint traces of an amused smirk spread across his lips. "Please head back outside and continue to stand guard, I'll let you know if any real trouble shows up."

The droid would leave at his command, before he turned to the set of folks who'd tried to organize a betted fight within the hour. "I'm going to have to decline on behalf of my droid. I built him from scratch as a means of learning to build them via trial and error, and while I've been taking him out with me lately to test him on the field... He's not finished. You can tell by the static impeding his speech that he's not entirely stable either. He's a good shot, a damn good shot, and I'd trust him with my life. But I don't know if his core is ready to handle single combat by himself just yet. Chances are, he'd overload and just explode, since I haven't finished him yet. And he's no good to you or me in broken pieces" He would remark. He wasn't lying, of course. He'd only allowed HK to field test alongside him and not to go far without him, to lessen the amount of strain on the droid. He would let the droid operate more on it's own once he knew that it could handle it, and he was satisfied with what he'd done with him. At the moment, Josh was not satisfied.

And then, that smirk became visible, if one looked. And before long, it twitched into a wry grin...

"But... While I won't bet my droid, if you're really all that eager for a fight... Then I'll take you on."

He knew that it wasn't exactly fitting for a Jedi... But he also understood that to continue to fit in with those in Nar Shadda, he had to break a few of his rules. He would be better able to gather information if he befriended the regulars.

[member="Hala Jast"]

For a second Cadan was still, thoughts flooding his brain. Fight or flight the classic decision that everyone face, just as he spun to defend himself the cloaked figure was between them. Cadan, like most men unintentialy puffed himself up, appearing slightly larger than what he actually would be. The Duros stood silent as he listened and watched the droid leave, everything in his body tell him to place a burning heap of plasma into the back of that damned droid.

"Look bud." Cadan spoke calmly, although the anger was clear in his voice. "I ain't going up against some robed kark like you, I know your type. I bet one 'undred credits if we search ya' we'd find your saber, and no doubt you've got those magic fairy powers. You ain't live long in this Galaxy by bein' an idiot."

Cadan slumbed back down into his seated and began to pull some nettle from a small pocket in his jacket and began to smoke the plant. As he drew back and exhaled the smoke Cadan would offer it to those around the table.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Hala Jast"] [member="Hemmrie the Bum"]

Of course, if he'd tried, he'd find a vibroblade in his skull. The fact was, that droid was a member of his family and he would defend it like one. Josh's stances on killing had... Well, they had begun to laxen he could admit. He wasn't sure what it was, but something had snapped in his head at one point and sometimes when he got worked up... Well... He supposed this was why he was only loosely affiliated with any factions now. He wasn't sure if they'd be all that happy about the way he handled things now. Far too judgemental, they were... Of course, the main reason he was affiliated at all these days was so they could do the paperwork for his Padawans upon promotion time.

But [member="Cadan Tazi"]'s reaction caused him to stare for a moment, and then laugh heartily. "You assume too much of me in your excuses" He would joke as he would remove the robe. Beneath it he wore a blue t-shirt covered by a black leather jacket, alongside black pants and boots. By his build, he was either a warrior or someone who had put a solid amount of time in the gym. His lightsaber was nowhere to be found, with only a vibroblade and a blaster seemingly on his person. Of course, his lightsaber wasn't far... Just not on his person.

It was pretty much impossible for anyone at the table to recognize him, really. He'd been out of the public eye for years, and his appearance had changed so much in the time since, he was nigh unrecognizable at the point even if one had seen his face in the news or in a dossier in years past. He looked nothing like the short-blonde-haired diplomat who had ended wars with his voice...

"Go on, search me then Mr. Big, Tough Man" The human would joke, holding out his arms side to side, with an amused smirk crossing his lips. After a pause, he would chuckle heartily and take a seat at the table, ordering a new drink. "Truthfully, it's a bit chillier on Nar Shadda then where I was last. I like to travel but these climate and temperature shifts take some getting used to.

Well, if Mr. Tough isn't going to entertain us, where's the one telling stories about black holes? His voice was so bloody loud, the whole cantina could hear him, so he might as well be aware of his captive audience, aye?" He would crack, relaxing back in his seat as he waited for his drink to arrive. He wasn't all that disappointed by the duros refusing the fight. Actually, he expected it. Although he wouldn't need weapons or the Force to win that one...

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Hala Jast"] [member="Hemmrie the Bum"]

[member="Hemmrie the Bum"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Vishkar"] [member="Narbo"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

As much as she had wanted to see a fight it was fitting one didn't happen. She remembered that she had to go shopping, and hanging out here wasn't gonna clear her tab, nor fix and fuel her Scout Fighter. Already she'd spent too much time in one place and the young spacer was getting the urge to move out again and begin a new mission.

"Cadan how would you like to go shopping with me?" She asked.

There was a couple of shops down by the Docks and she saw a Toydarian and a Dug working in one of them. In her experience they were usually good for a bargain, but all she had to offer right now was her services as a pilot.

Jager stood up swaying and dropped some creds on the table. It was only about half what was owed, but it was enough.

"I'll be back with the young lass later! Heres the key card to my Freighter, don't lose it!"

Then the Rodian swayed and stumbled from the booth muttering about how he;d lose a lot more if he did.

"Jager where ya going?" She asked.

"Shopping! C'mon, I know a guy!"

Hala grinned.

All great stories usually started out with, "I know a guy."

Cadan watched as the man undressed proving him wrong. "Well I've been wrong before. An this sure ain't gonna be the last time." If Cadan was younger he would have accepted the challenge anyday, although those days were behind him. Already now halfway through his 'cigarette' he simply rolled his eyes at Joshua. "Tell ya what, when we meet next we'll 'ave our fight." Cadan licked his lips, as he slowly felt the butterflies fading in his stomach. Run away to fight another day. He thought to himself. But Cadan had memerised the face, maybe, it all depended on how much more Nettle he'd have, but for now Joshua was on Cadan's watch list.

Cadan's eyes then moved to Hala. "I got enough credits to get a lass like you anythin' ya want." Cadan said, almost bragging about his amount of credits. Slowly the Duros rose from his seat, swaying slightly. "Just ain't buyin' off anyone with a tunic, dodgy salesmen they is." Cadan dropped a few more credits on the table covering the rest of the bill, before turning to the barkeep and throwing more credits his way.

"That should cover me blonde friends drinks for tonight." Cadan then passed his way through the crowd with the rest of the crew going shopping.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Hala Jast"]

The Zeltron came back with drinks, sliding smoothly into the booth.

"That's my girl, eh."

One of the drinks frothed blue and sparkled. Narbo selected this one and quaffed a goodly portion before returning his attention to the backsliding Ithorian. Incredibly, the peedunkey did not seem to have any misgivings, then again Ithorians only had two eyes. Hard to read, those hammerheads.

Narbo tilted his head down toward the data pad. He pretended to read. Mostly because he was still taking night classes on Basic. Also because the terms and conditions did not matter. The guy messed up? Last thing he'd see'd be the business end of a blaster pistol. Failed to deliver? String him up and feed him to the hrosma tigers. Double crossed them? Narbo struggled to come up with another threat, but he figured he would just put a... what's 'em called... a focus group on it if the time came.

"Hm. Nagoola. Watch the thing's tusks, eh? Or tah-koh tee womb rat e'nachu."

Terentateks were made to kill Jedi. If something went wrong, Narbo was pretty sure Mr. [member="Vishkar"] would just get eaten. Then they'd have to go find his beacon and tow the hulk all the way to the destination. That'd be a pain.

The Aqualish stopped lekku stroking and reached out a hand toward the Ithorian.

"We have a bargon, spacer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom