Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mysteries Of Naboo's Beaches (Whatever Character She Brings In)

A sigh escaped the lips of the Jedi Master (Who could be a freelance JM if some people don't get their chit together) as he walked down a beach outlining the beautiful shining blue sea of Naboo, his homeworld. It was nice, really, for once to just relax and listen to the waves.

He'd visited his childhood home again. It was a wreck, of course. It'd been destroyed about a year ago. it was... Hard, looking at it again. But at least he'd been able to salvage any family heirlooms beforehand, so that gave him a sense of relief.

Regardless, a lot had been on his mind as of late.. The steadily increasing corruption of the Jedi Order, the Mandalorian threat approaching, the Liberty Concord being drafted into Omega Pyre... So much going on at once, and here he was, smack dab in the middle.

He didn't regret taking a hiatus from the Order. If he stayed much longer, he probably would have lost his mind.

He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt, partily cloaked by a black leather jacket, under it being black pants and steel toed boots. He wore a pair of sunglasses to shield himself from Naboo's sun...

It was time he relaxed again... Let it go.

Let it go.

Can't hold it back anymore.

Foolishness and jokes aside, he knew he needed to relax.... And be at peace, before he could think clearly. The soothing sound of the waves calmed him... It was why he was here after all. That nostalgic feeling always brought him back to Naboo.

The Jedi Master had left the Republic and Coruscant right after Joshua had been practically crucified just two weeks after being appointed Grand Master. Leori was on a journey now. A journey to find a new path. To do that, she had to escape and clear her mind of all the negativity that had been overlooked for so long.

And so, she was laying on her back on a beach on Naboo, in a bikini. Her long dark hair was loose in the sand under and around her. Those that she knew wouldn't know that she was well toned, considering that none of them had seen her naked. She had large dark sunglasses on, but her eyes were closed. One might think she was asleep, but she wasn't. She was just drinking in the Vitamin D while she could.

Josh, due to his daydreaming, would almost trip over the Jedi Master. Stopping himself in time, he recognized a familiar presence from the women as he looked down at her..

Whoa now, you'd think you'd have to see a person more then once before being able to legally see them half naked, but there she was. Pushing up his sunglasses a bit, he tilted his head, still wondering if he had made a mistake in assuming who she was.

"Leori?" he asked curiously. He had only met the Jedi Master once, on Zeltros. She had been with them on the trip... Well, that had certainly been fun. He had heard she was one of the Jedi to leave the Order after his being couped by a crowd of idiots.

[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

Leori sat up slightly and propped herself up on her elbows and tilted her head back so she could look up. "Fancy meeting you here."

She recalled the trip to Zeltros, as it was only a couple of weeks ago. Since then, she'd lightened up a lot socially. When it came to her work however, that she would never lighten up on. But at the moment, she was completely spent.

The Jedi Master gestured for him to sit and take a load off.

He smirked faintly as she acknowledged the question, before sitting down beside her once she offered.

"Fancy meeting you here indeed" he said, chuckling a bit, amused by the chance of finding her out here. At the very least, she seemed to have lightened up since Zeltros... But, like he'd know that, he'd only met her once before. And she was pretty damn "light" when she dragged him and the Ordo kid to the bar. The rest, he didn't remember... Mainly because, well, SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THAT THREAD GOING AGAIN.

He cracked his neck and got himself comfortable, looking over at his fellow Jedi Master.

"So what brings you out here?" he asked. "I didn't think you one for sunbathing" he joked with a small smile.

Leori smiled. "I'm just following the path set out for me. And getting some Vitamin D while I can. The hospitals leave my skin pasty white you know."

She sighed. "I left Coruscant, and the Republic. I just can't do it anymore. It feels wrong."

And then she stopped talking. "Sorry. What brings you to this planet?"

He gave a sigh at mention to the Republic and the Jedi.

"I've... I've been giving the situation some thought" he admitted. "I don't want to leave the Order. I mean.. It's my life, Leori. I swore an oath to the Jedi Order that I planned to uphold for life"

"But..." he began. ".... What if this isn't the Jedi Order that I swore to anymore?" he asked quietly. "If it's not... Maybe it's time I went and found my own path, and founded an Order that adhered to the standards I swore to" he said. "The Jedi are... Different these days. They care naught for helping people, for stopping the tyranny of slavers, stopping crime, protecting and guarding the people in the galaxy... All they care about is driving a lightsaber through the neck of darksiders. While they're a threat, yes... The way many of us have acted in accords to it honestly disgusts me. And by the looks of how many Jedi have left, I'm not alone in that sentiment" he said.

At her next question, he looked over at her and smirked faintly. "I'm from here, actually. I was born here. It brings me comfort to come back here and relax every once in awhile"

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Leori could certainly understand his conflicting thoughts. She'd had the same line of thoughts recently herself. She'd sworn a different oath, that of a healer. Still, she'd been born at the temple, raised at the temple and still lived at the temple when she wasn't travelling.

"Everything you've just said is exactly what I've been thinking and feeling. I've always followed the Force, and not the will of the Council, but I have always returned to the Council. I cannot stay anymore. Everytime I return things are much more dire. And there is nothing that I can do. I can't change people, only heal them. They have to change themselves, and in my experience, people don't change."

"It's a beautiful planet. It reminds me of my home on Ossus. It's not there anymore though."

He gave a sigh. "I... I just wish... I wish things were the way they were again" he said quietly. "War has corrupted us, Leori. War, battle, politics... We're not soldiers. We're not hunters. We're not aggressors... We're not merciless killers but yet the Jedi act as if they are so. It's members of that group that got rid of me to begin with, and it's people like that, that are tearing this Order to pieces. And there's not a damn thing I can do"

Frustration... He didn't feel it much except for when he thought about this. He gritted his teeth and looked down...

"Everything I've done... Everything I've worked hard for, for this Order... All destroyed, just like that. All gone to waste because of a select group that grows larger every single day, Leori"

He let his words hang in silence, until Leori spoke of Naboo... He smiled faintly.

"Aye..." he answered, composing himself. "I can't look at Ossus the same way anymore. Not after knowing that it was there that certain plans were formed"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom